Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-09-10, 06:27   Link #761
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Wow, so three Edy DLC's in total. That goes to show how popular she truly is.
Nah. Director only hint of a DLC, but never mentioned about it's contents. Which got Edy demanding that it should focus on her before kicking him out.

But my take of the next DLC will be a branching story between this game and the next.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 06:36   Link #762
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
But my take of the next DLC will be a branching story between this game and the next.
Seems like the mostly like conclusion. Still i wouldn't mind if it's just something set in the first game's timeline.
Old 2009-09-10, 06:45   Link #763
jwai

Would it involve ethnic Darcsens with baseball bats and knives looking for Imperial stragglers? *tongue in cheek*
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 07:03   Link #764
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Does anyone know why she's that popular? I have no problems with the character herself, but there's not much material outside of Japan that explains why.
Apparently the Japanese just love her "type" of character. Tsudere twin-tail.

Color me confused. I judge her mostly on her combat worthiness and therefore I place her extremely low on the totem pole.

And if there're more DLCs, all the better. I just don't like the comment that the Japanese don't feel that they're done with the PS3 yet. They damn well better not be done with the PS3. They had better eventually be another game on it.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 15:32   Link #765
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I just don't like the comment that the Japanese don't feel that they're done with the PS3 yet. They damn well better not be done with the PS3. They had better eventually be another game on it.
Amen.

This and the Disgaea series are two of the most addictive games I've ever played.

I wish they'd get out there and think up some good new storylines that exploit the PS3. Heck, they could just as easily do an EW I game, or a game set 15-20 years later on the same scale. Or games from the Empire or Federation's point of view. Show us the first great commander named Gunter in EW I... or show us the one who comes after Welkin. (And will she take after her mom?)

They went to the trouble to create a verdant field of possibilities... now DO something with it: like an online head to head game of Imps vs. Gallians. I'd love to have a human opponent in this game. The AI is a bit soft/weird/odd/quirky sometimes, and it's more fun to beat another human, because they're unpredictable. Pick a side, pick a map, and go at it.

As for the Edy Adventures, well, more missions is more missions. I look at having to use Edy as an added challenge. I'd rather have a true sequel for the PS3, but I'll take what I can get. I don't get the fascination, but I have my own favorite characters.

Today's fun moment: Elysse at level 20 taking down the Marmota in 2 shots. Guess I really didn't need 4 lancers for that mission, huh? lol. And yeah, she took out each gatling turret in 1 shot, too. (So did Jann.) Man, that mission was such a pain in the butt the first time I went through the game. Second time was cake.
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 15:38   Link #766
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Any ldea if Jane will be included in any of these dlc?
Old 2009-09-10, 16:03   Link #767
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Guess I really didn't need 4 lancers for that mission, huh? lol. And yeah, she took out each gatling turret in 1 shot, too. (So did Jann.) Man, that mission was such a pain in the butt the first time I went through the game. Second time was cake.
Spoiler for Mission 7:

And I love using Elysse too; she's my favourite Lancer.
Spoiler for Mission 17:
Old 2009-09-10, 16:06   Link #768
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalicious View Post
Today's fun moment: Elysse at level 20 taking down the Marmota in 2 shots. Guess I really didn't need 4 lancers for that mission, huh? lol. And yeah, she took out each gatling turret in 1 shot, too. (So did Jann.) Man, that mission was such a pain in the butt the first time I went through the game. Second time was cake.
Yeah i know what you mean. First time around i had a bit of trouble, having to retry the level at least three times. Can't even believe i got an A on my third go at that stage on my first play.
Old 2009-09-10, 17:15   Link #769
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Any ldea if Jane will be included in any of these dlc?
God, I hope so. But I hold not my breath. I'd think Susie and Nancy would be more likely to be in the DLC... because, you know, incompetent characters add a certain level of challenge.

Spoiler for Mission 7:
cynicalicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 20:40   Link #770
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

From SEGA's official Valkyria twitter:

"Just in case anyone missed it - more Valkyria DLC is coming to the US this winter! Edy, Marina, Jann, and other favorites will all be there!"

The twitter (ValkyriaTribune) was the best place for updates last time too.
Old 2009-09-10, 22:25   Link #771
JagdPanther

How about Freesia?

Old 2009-09-11, 03:43   Link #772
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
"Just in case anyone missed it - more Valkyria DLC is coming to the US this winter! Edy, Marina, Jann, and other favorites will all be there!"
Chances are it'll be the same Edy team as the first DLC.
Old 2009-09-11, 18:11   Link #773
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Seeing as this will probably be the last DLC for the ps3 game, I was hoping that Isara would finally be a playable engineer Seems exceedingly unlikely though
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 19:58   Link #774
videoman190

My favorites are Nancy (because she reminds me of Fio of Metal Slug and she's cute), Ted, Freesia, Hannes, Jane (Because of the Rambo movies) and Dallas!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 09:29   Link #775
jwai

Urrah! I've finally ploughed through to the end of VC, with all classes at level 20, and all R&D upgrades researched.

Spoiler:

It's going to be a slight bother having to get all the characters again in the cleared game. I guess I'll finally get a crack at the DLC missions too.
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-15, 10:03   Link #776
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Spoiler:

It's going to be a slight bother having to get all the characters again in the cleared game. I guess I'll finally get a crack at the DLC missions too.
Spoiler for Ending scenes etc:

I recommend playing through the second time with characters you didn't use before to unlock more profile entries. Also, your fully upgraded lvl 20 characters will be overpowering for just about all the missions now, so you can afford to use chars with negative traits more. Perhaps omit Alicia, Rosie and Largo from the lineup for less CP to increase the difficulty some more.

EDIT: Just adding that you don't need to complete the game to unlock more profile entries by the way... it's simply the way I chose to get them.
Old 2009-09-15, 21:25   Link #777
JagdPanther

I LOVED having the maxed-out classes through the first several missions. Made things a total breeze. I had tons of left-over CP in some missions to use to just screw around.

Old 2009-09-16, 03:36   Link #778
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I LOVED having the maxed-out classes through the first several missions. Made things a total breeze. I had tons of left-over CP in some missions to use to just screw around.
Must say, it is pretty fun completing a mission only using one CP.
Old 2009-09-16, 06:37   Link #779
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Must say, it is pretty fun completing a mission only using one CP.
Kind of disgusting, but fun in a OMGWTFPWN'D kind of way.
Old 2009-09-16, 17:18   Link #780
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
I loved in the first few missions how you could kill pretty much any any soldier with the ZM Kar 5(g) with a single headshot or a whole magazine if they were crouching.

And my new router should be here today so hopefully I'll be online by the weekend and I'll finally be able to get the DLC.

Yay.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote