AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 14:37   Link #621
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I just don't see them going to reclaim their turf after WB's death. It was WB's name protecting those Island, with him gone, the deterrant was gone.

And after WB died, Jinbei went to Big Mom to get her to protect the Island. It seems up until that point, no one made any attempt to claim it as their own, least of all BB. If Marco & co wanted to protect the Island or could have, they would have.
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-14, 10:00   Link #622
marvelB

^Well, I guess whether or not Marco and the remaining commanders tried to defend their pops' territory depends on Blackbeard's strength around the time they started to take action. For instance, if he had already started gathering DF powers shortly after the time he had captured Bonney, then I could see how he would be a problem for the Whitebeard remnants even back then. However, it WOULD be strange for them to just stand by and twiddle their thumbs while their former turf gets stolen by a traitor. I mean, remember that it's not just the remaining commanders who could have taken him on, but the 43 NW crews that were allied with Whitebeard, as well. So all I can assume is that Teach gained a huge amount of power in a rather short amount of time is Marco and the rest were unable to reclaim any of their old turf during the skip.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-15, 13:44   Link #623
Undertaker

Also, a factor might play in that there are 40 pirate crews that even WB can't get them to officially join his crew, and only Allies, albeit being a really royal ones.

Either way, I doubt Marco has the charisma to united those crews completely. I also agree that those territories really are more protected by the name than anything else. I doubt even if WB still alive he can reclaim all troubled territory out right. He not Multiple Man. Besides Marco would have more issue to dealt with between the possible interference from BB and other Yonku to the new FA and his Marine.

Speaking of Bonney...
Old 2012-03-15, 15:59   Link #624
Slayerx

Heh, y'know thinking about it, it does seem kind of odd that Jimbei would take the time to tell Luffy about Blackbeard and the changes in the marines, but did not take the time to tell him the changes in the Shichibukai. But eh, whatever, just a minor point; oda's gotta keep some secrets from the readers or we would not have awesome surprises like what we got with the previous chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The shichibukai position only grants amnesty. The World Government doesn't try to pick fights with the emperors because doing so would be very exhausting/depleting on their resources. That being said, if Marco were to become a warlord, he'd have to accept the position for something else other than trying to take down Blackbeard; he wouldn't be given any protection and neither would his crewmates.
True, but amnesty would get the marines off their backs. The marines can potentially be almost as big a threat as Blackbeard would be depending on who Sakazuki chose to send after them. If the Whitebeard pirates have been growing weaker in these past 2 years, the marines might take advantage of the situation and try to wipe them out. Becoming a warlord would not help them with Blackbeard, but it could get rid another obvious problem that could easily be plaguing them.
Old 2012-03-16, 05:22   Link #625
Undertaker

That's an interesting point. The only thing I would point out is that it also depend on how Marine view the WB's crew.

WB's last words about OP might not allow them to offer the Shikibukai position to Marco and crew if they believe Marco and other command might know the truth behind OP.
Old 2012-03-24, 22:54   Link #626
gazawraith

Just reading up on everyone's favourite clown and read this -

Quote:
At this point, Mr. 3 telling Buggy that he (Buggy) has a letter from the World Government. Mr. 3 went on to read the letter and made a very suprising face stating in an exclamatory way "I can't believe this!", while Buggy yells at him for reading it before him. It is currently unknown what was written in the letter.
-http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Buggy

interesting... makes me think that because of the crew he now commands WG has thought him useful, possibly.
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 09:22   Link #627
tminty1

Buggy is most likely a shichibukai.
Old 2012-03-27, 16:29   Link #628
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazawraith View Post
Just reading up on everyone's favourite clown and read this -

-http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Buggy

interesting... makes me think that because of the crew he now commands WG has thought him useful, possibly.

That's the scene with message bat which is seen in other Shikibukai appointment and the main recent why people believe he's a Shikibukai now.
Old 2012-03-28, 17:31   Link #629
tminty1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
That's the scene with message bat which is seen in other Shikibukai appointment and the main recent why people believe he's a Shikibukai now.
That and he was shown with the shichibukai at Roger's execution while Shanks and Dragon had seperate panels.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:05   Link #630
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

^puede
Its like an early hint from Oda that Buggy will become a shichibukai. Ill try to recheck it if he's really drawn with the shichibukai.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:17   Link #631
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
It has been revealed that Buggy is not a Shichibukai.
Old 2012-03-29, 02:46   Link #632
aimboy234
Proud Filipino

Yes my bad, it has been proven that Buggy was indeed not a shichibukai. And the same goes for Mr. 2. Glad to know that he was still alive.
Old 2012-03-29, 10:32   Link #633
tminty1

Where is this proven?
Old 2012-03-29, 15:20   Link #634
paradox13
zzz

Spoiler:

Buggy's poster does not have 'case closed' like the other Shichibukai.

Sorry to have popped your bubble

Quote:
That and he was shown with the shichibukai at Roger's execution while Shanks and Dragon had seperate panels.
How does that even show anything?

It's just a coincidence. Stop reading into everything, Jesus.
Old 2012-03-29, 15:33   Link #635
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Spoiler:

Care to make a list of those wanted poster names, I can't see some of them clearly. And be sure to mention which are Shichibukai and which are deceased (which surpisingly doesn't include Brook despite being a skeleton).
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 16:19   Link #636
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Spoiler:

You assume that Oda would allow one of his reveals be spoiled on a promotional.
When it comes down to it, those wanted posters don't reveal anything we didn't already know and that include Law's new status as that promotional was made AFTER his reveal.

In fact, many of the pictures they used for those wanted posters are not pics that Oda himself came up with for their wanted posters, but pictures that were just ripped out from the manga. Hell each of the supernova's even show of their pre-timeskip looks and not their updated looks like they did with Law. . Another thing I would note is the new pictures we see in the latest manga chapter which shows that starwhats except for Choppy, Franky and Robin have all gotten updated pictures; pictures that are not up on that wall. Hell, Moria is listed as "Cased closed" and yet we know that he was removed from his position and the WG claims he died; we understand he is not, but that's their official story; he should be either listed as "deceased" or his poster would have been reactivated if the public found out the truth of his survival. Frankly, that wall has A LOT of problems.

When it comes down to it, the poeple that put together that wall of wanted posters only knew what the manga or Oda told them.
In short, don't mistake a promotional item as "word of god".

Last edited by Slayerx; 2012-03-29 at 16:50.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 18:07   Link #637
tminty1

So there's still hope for Buggy?
Old 2012-03-29, 19:12   Link #638
gazawraith

I'm betting that with the Impel Down crew he now has and Captain John's treasure map he's gone and made quite a name for himself. He could well be the next Don Krieg if he doesn't screw anything up... oh wait...
gazawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-29, 19:24   Link #639
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
So there's still hope for Buggy?
Why do you want the Shichibukai to be trivialized as an institution?
Old 2012-03-29, 19:37   Link #640
tminty1

I just think it'll be really cool if Buggy became a shichibukai.