AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-14, 20:05   Link #26981
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

You see alot of amazing stuff with Gunpla, some of it just down right ridiculous in just how good it is but seems for now I've found the the most ridiculous thing yet, not even the 1/1 RX-78 can compare.

Just WOW!

Just in case your wondering it's the last pic that wins

Would love to see a Sinanju or Hi-V now!
Old 2012-08-14, 22:08   Link #26982
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just in case your wondering it's the last pic that wins
.....and why is that girl wearing a bikini again?

I know that SPG outfits can be ridiculous at times, but that is just.......
Old 2012-08-15, 09:05   Link #26983
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Got lucky and found an original english release of the HGUC Guntank at a hobby shop.

And my Hobbywave package arrives today, with my Danazine HG, Char's Z'Gok HGUC, and a system base 001, along with a Blue Destiny HG I got for a sibling.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 09:25   Link #26984
casval cehack

Curious, I'm trying to fit the Danazine into a system base 001 right now...

An original english release? A different boxart?
Old 2012-08-15, 11:24   Link #26985
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
Curious, I'm trying to fit the Danazine into a system base 001 right now...

An original english release? A different boxart?
Not sure if there is a difference between the English and Japanese boxes, but it comes with original packaging stuff, like a postcard for some kind of badge, and a pamphlet advertising different kits, all in complete english.

The Guntank's pieces were all in great condition too, still in the sprues like it was brand new, but the box was a little beat-up and smelled dusty.

And challenge accepted for the Danazine in the System base, that will be the first thing I try when my package shows up.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:23   Link #26986
Appel

i am actually a HUGE fan of the completely clear blitz^^
however, im sure the clear plastic will be an issue because that stuff is usually really brittle compared to opaque plastic... but im sure it would look great with proper lighting!
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 13:25   Link #26987
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post

however, im sure the clear plastic will be an issue because that stuff is usually really brittle compared to opaque plastic... but im sure it would look great with proper lighting!
As much as I think it's pretty cool to have a totally clear GunPla kit, I would buy it because:

a. the price would be jacked up a lot (close to one of those P-Bandai Online Exclusive things...or are they in the same line??)
b. the plastic is brittle. when cutting off of the parts tree, you could probably easily see stress marks and nub marks would be impossible to cover since it's plastic and there's no marker that can draw on clear...

RG 1/144 MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam - New Promo Video & Images [Updated 8/15/12]
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...ay-gundam.html

So apparently, the new RG Zeta Gundam is coming out in in November 2012 (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LFeXP5YhHy...lyE/s640/4.jpg). In that time, what MG's do you think that we're gonna see?

I am guessing that we might get like a MG Wing Zero (TV), more MG from the Age series, and maybe we'll see at least an announcement for like a MG Tallgeese?

Or do you think Bandai will try to "finish up" the Wing EW MG's with Nataku, Sandrock Custom, Heavyarms Custom...? We already have Deathscythe Hell (i.e. the "Custom" version) so maybe we'll get a tweaked Wing Zero from the Endless Waltz film? I know that I've mentioned it before, but I feel like Bandai might actually go back towards the end of these MG Wing kits to release a modified version of the existing kit with more clear parts, full inner frame, improved backpack, hands that can hold the rifles, more color separation on the rifle, etc etc...
Old 2012-08-15, 15:09   Link #26988
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
As much as I think it's pretty cool to have a totally clear GunPla kit, I would buy it because:

b. the plastic is brittle. when cutting off of the parts tree, you could probably easily see stress marks and nub marks would be impossible to cover since it's plastic and there's no marker that can draw on clear...
Actually removing the parts wouldn't be a problem.
If the plastic was fragile, you would just need to use a very fine razor saw to cut the pieces off and then sand the nubs off. Very time consuming and alot of effort but if one was gonna get such a model I'd expect them to put in the effort.
This certainly wouldn't be one to go "Oh but I just want to make it quick and easy"
In any case cutting the runner into smaller peices to handle and removing as much of it around the piece as you can before then cutting the parts that connect directly to the piece makes things alot easier.
Old 2012-08-15, 15:11   Link #26989
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Actually removing the parts wouldn't be a problem.
If the plastic was fragile, you would just need to use a very fine razor saw to cut the pieces off and then sand the nubs off. Very time consuming and alot of effort but if one was gonna get such a model I'd expect them to put in the effort.
This certainly wouldn't be one to go "Oh but I just want to make it quick and easy"
In any case cutting the runner into smaller peices to handle and removing as much of it around the piece as you can before then cutting the parts that connect directly to the piece makes things alot easier.
Either way, I don't like fully clear GunPla...
Old 2012-08-15, 15:14   Link #26990
FalsePrime

Quote:

a. the price would be jacked up a lot (close to one of those P-Bandai Online Exclusive things...or are they in the same line??)

RG 1/144 MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam - New Promo Video & Images [Updated 8/15/12]
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/0...ay-gundam.html

So apparently, the new RG Zeta Gundam is coming out in in November 2012 (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LFeXP5YhHy...lyE/s640/4.jpg). In that time, what MG's do you think that we're gonna see?

I am guessing that we might get like a MG Wing Zero (TV), more MG from the Age series, and maybe we'll see at least an announcement for like a MG Tallgeese?

Or do you think Bandai will try to "finish up" the Wing EW MG's with Nataku, Sandrock Custom, Heavyarms Custom...? We already have Deathscythe Hell (i.e. the "Custom" version) so maybe we'll get a tweaked Wing Zero from the Endless Waltz film? I know that I've mentioned it before, but I feel like Bandai might actually go back towards the end of these MG Wing kits to release a modified version of the existing kit with more clear parts, full inner frame, improved backpack, hands that can hold the rifles, more color separation on the rifle, etc etc...
MG Wing Zero seems unlikely. The one thing we got was surronded by Endless Waltz stuff, under a big Endless Waltz logo so it's likely we will be getting MG's from EW. TV is likely going to be limited to the RD line for a good while.

As for what it is, I would imagine it will be Altron EW, Kai EW's and maybe a a Tallgeese 1/2/3/Heaven with possibly a repacked Zero EW in modern EW box art or a recolored/modified Epyon Bai.

As for AGE I don't know. I have my doubts how much further Bandai is going to take given we still have nothing and AGE-2 has been released.

Lastly I expect a 2.0 for December and not a Perfect Grade. What 2.0 I don't know but nothing screams out Perfect Grade to me right now and I don't think they have anything else in MG that can cover it quite like Full Armor Unicorn did last year.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 18:32   Link #26991
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
MG Wing Zero seems unlikely. The one thing we got was surronded by Endless Waltz stuff, under a big Endless Waltz logo so it's likely we will be getting MG's from EW. TV is likely going to be limited to the RD line for a good while.

As for what it is, I would imagine it will be Altron EW, Kai EW's and maybe a a Tallgeese 1/2/3/Heaven with possibly a repacked Zero EW in modern EW box art or a recolored/modified Epyon Bai.

As for AGE I don't know. I have my doubts how much further Bandai is going to take given we still have nothing and AGE-2 has been released.

Lastly I expect a 2.0 for December and not a Perfect Grade. What 2.0 I don't know but nothing screams out Perfect Grade to me right now and I don't think they have anything else in MG that can cover it quite like Full Armor Unicorn did last year.
So you're syaing that even the MG Wing Gundam Zero (TV) is not likely and it's not likely we'll see a MG Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz) 2.0 with a new packaging, slight changes to the parts using the new MG Endless Waltz frame...?

I'd be fine if they charged like 5000 YEN for the MG Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz) 2.0... Especially if they included gimmicks like LED's, or at least a new mold.

The same for MG Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Old 2012-08-15, 18:50   Link #26992
FalsePrime

Quote:
So you're syaing that even the MG Wing Gundam Zero (TV) is not likely and it's not likely we'll see a MG Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz) 2.0 with a new packaging, slight changes to the parts using the new MG Endless Waltz frame...?

I'd be fine if they charged like 5000 YEN for the MG Wing Gundam Zero (Endless Waltz) 2.0... Especially if they included gimmicks like LED's, or at least a new mold.

The same for MG Wing Gundam Zero (TV)
Partly right. I think MG Wing Gundam Zero TV is unlikely given how they announced the continuation fo the MG line for Wing and they are really pushing EW so the RD's are enough for TV right now.

I don't think we will recieve a Wing Zero EW 2.0, I think we will get the old Wing Gundam Zero EW in new box art just like we got Wing Gundam EW with new box art and the Action Base connections.

The 2.0 would much more likely be something from Universal Century. UC has has already let AU (SEED/AGE) have most of the year which will continue with Wing line restarting so it would be a perfect time to issue a 2.0 from for one of the popular UC suits that really need it.

I do think we will eventaully get AU 2.0's, and I do believe that Strike and Wing Zero will be among the first, but I don't believe it will be this year. My personal hope is a ZZ 2.0 because frankly it needs it and they can reissue it with Full Armor ZZ and FAZZ (Sent).

My thoughts.

Wing: Altron EW, Sandrock Kai EW, Heavyarms Kai EW, Tallgeees I/II/III/Heaven, Wing Gundam Zero Reissue, Epyon Bai/White. Not all of them obviously but one of these and nothing from TV.

Big December Release: Maybe a mega size, Brand new Universal Century 2.0 or if we are lucky UC Perfect Grade.

AGE - Double Bullet and AGE-3 if very lucky. As I've said Bandai has slowed majorly with how they handled AGE-2 MG compared to AGE-1 and given that both the viewer count and DVD/Blu Ray sales are easily the lowest in the entire franchise makes it very easy for Bandai to move on and focus on things that have a much higher chance to sell in big numbers.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-15, 18:53   Link #26993
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Well my still wish is for MG ER2.
Old 2012-08-15, 18:56   Link #26994
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post

To be honest, I won’t spend more than $20 for a kit like that. If I want it to be transparent, a Blitz hollow statue made of glass would be so much better. I just need to ask a traditional glass-craftman here to make it and it would be cheaper than online-exclusive item like that. Those craftman can really make some awesome details.
Old 2012-08-15, 18:58   Link #26995
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
To be honest, I won’t spend more than $20 for a kit like that. If I want it to be transparent, a Blitz hollow statue made of glass would be so much better. I just need to ask a traditional glass-craftman here to make it and it would be cheaper than online-exclusive item like that. Those craftman can really make some awesome details.
Yea. And then it somehow falls over and smashes..

Typically, I prefer not to buy anything made of glass aside from glass cups for drinking stuff.

Vase, statues...Stuff like that I stay away because it's like asking to break.

Like how when you wear a white color t-shirt outside, it seems to go Trans-Am and fly into mud, food, drinks, etc...rofl...only for you to realize later and then get
Old 2012-08-15, 19:04   Link #26996
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Yea. And then it somehow falls over and smashes..

Typically, I prefer not to buy anything made of glass aside from glass cups for drinking stuff.
Yea, well, I'm NOT you, Nike. So, excuse me for a different opinion.

Quote:
Vase, statues...Stuff like that I stay away because it's like asking to break.
In principle, everything can be broken. It's just how you take care of them (and a little luck).
Old 2012-08-15, 19:05   Link #26997
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Yea, well, I'm NOT you, Nike. So, excuse me for a different opinion.

In principle, everything can be broken. It's just how you take care of them (and a little luck).
Why you mad, brah?
Old 2012-08-15, 19:11   Link #26998
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Why you mad, brah?
Not mad just to stress a word so that you can understand. Your previous statement implied that I can't take care of glass things. Well, say hello to the 70-year-old glass ornaments that I inherited from my grandmother . I'm not a clumsy person when it deals to fragile things.
Old 2012-08-15, 19:12   Link #26999
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Not mad just to stress a word so that you can understand. Your previous statement implied that I can't take care of glass things. Well, say hello to the 70-year-old glass ornaments that I inherited from my grandmother . I'm not a clumsy person when it deals to fragile things.
You obviously don't know my writing style, eh? LOLOLOL
Old 2012-08-15, 19:14   Link #27000
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
You obviously don't know my writing style, eh? LOLOLOL
Yup, don't know & don't care.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy