AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shin Sekai Yori

Notices

Old 2013-03-04, 17:27   Link #741
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Yeah, I suppose they won't mention it now...
Spoiler for Kaburagi Shisei:
Haha that's pretty cool.

Spoiler for Episode 21 huge spoilers:
Old 2013-03-04, 19:30   Link #742
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose they won't mention it now...
Spoiler for Kaburagi Shisei:
Suddenly him catching the attack from behind makes a lot of sense now. I thought it was just that he was ~all powerful~.They had a couple good opportunities to put scenes that show this, so I wonder why they chose to omit it.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 20:06   Link #743
kuromitsu

Spoiler for Shisei, ep 18:

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-03-05 at 02:16. Reason: I just realized I wrote the complete opposite what I meant, this is why I shouldn't post after midnight... orz
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 20:52   Link #744
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
they didn't have the resources to do more flashy things.
It is kind of frustrating when you see a great fantasy show like this have budget and time constraints, and then see a show where half the budget appears to have vanished into animating impossible breast physics.

But they've done some good things with this budget. The downside is that each time you see those good things you wish they could have the money to do that for everything.
Old 2013-03-05, 18:17   Link #745
kuromitsu

Yeah, it's a shame, isn't it? I can think of a few shows where the budget for a single episode was probably the same as Shinsekai yori had for 2-3 eps at least... :/ So unfair. Then again, this is business and it was obvious from the get-go that SSY wasn't going to break any ratings or sales records. (And so while some people may disagree I think we should be grateful to TV Asahi that they decided to put money in this...)

But I agree that they're doing the best they can with the budget (even with the occasional off-model characters... I really hope they'll fix those for the BD/DVD release).
Old 2013-03-05, 18:44   Link #746
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Quote:
But I agree that they're doing the best they can with the budget (even with the occasional off-model characters... I really hope they'll fix those for the BD/DVD release).
Unfortunately, I don't see them doing it. I just rewatched ep8 on BD since that was one that I remember looking particularly bad and it still had the derpy faces at the end with Saki and Shun. I haven't noticed any changes to the BDs at all, actually.

My only comfort is that A-1 Pictures has been having budgeting problems with their shows this season across the board: SSY, Magi and even lazy animation in Vividred Operation. Magi is the most surprising to me, since you'd think shounen manga adaptations would be allotted quite a bit more than the other genres.
roon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 20:57   Link #747
Kirarakim

More information about Vertical releasing the novel

http://randomc.net/2013/03/05/potent...comment-941524

Apparently they need 4,500 committed buyers. I am a bit pessimistic about that figure. They said the cost will be $25.00 (and they will possibly be asking for payment up front but I am not 100% sure about that).

Please like this post if you want the novel translated.

http://vertical-inc.tumblr.com/post/...ld-translation
Old 2013-03-05, 23:53   Link #748
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I added myself to the list. Hopefully they get enough, it's worth the 25 bucks.
Old 2013-03-06, 01:53   Link #749
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
More information about Vertical releasing the novel

http://randomc.net/2013/03/05/potent...comment-941524

Apparently they need 4,500 committed buyers. I am a bit pessimistic about that figure. They said the cost will be $25.00 (and they will possibly be asking for payment up front but I am not 100% sure about that).

Please like this post if you want the novel translated.

http://vertical-inc.tumblr.com/post/...ld-translation
Just made an account to help support that. Hopefully it reaches the required number...

Thanks for the info/links Kirarakim.
Old 2013-03-06, 02:55   Link #750
FateAnomaly

The death feedback only activate when they kill a human like being right? Could they instead cut off the hands and legs of the Aki instead then? Once his mobility is restricted, it will be easier to escape him.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 04:15   Link #751
pinoscotto

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
The death feedback only activate when they kill a human like being right? Could they instead cut off the hands and legs of the Aki instead then? Once his mobility is restricted, it will be easier to escape him.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
pinoscotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-06, 04:30   Link #752
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Lookin' kinda JoJo in there, Saki.
Old 2013-03-06, 04:32   Link #753
FateAnomaly

I see but wouldn't it means that they couldn't use the anthrax either since they knows it harms the target even if it didn't feels like it.
Old 2013-03-06, 09:06   Link #754
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I see but wouldn't it means that they couldn't use the anthrax either since they knows it harms the target even if it didn't feels like it.
Not necessarily. After all, you just spray the thing on the target and there's no immediate effect. If he dies a few days later that was the bacteria's doing, not yours... well, you might have infected him, but that alone didn't cause his death. Hell, who knows, maybe he should've been able to resist it. Yeah, it's the fault of his immune system!

That's the psychological side of the mechanism. This is why Saki's mom said that it doesn't really feel like killing someone, and so maybe it doesn't trigger the death mechanism. But maybe it does.

Cutting someone's hands/legs off is pretty drastic (and in case of a young boy, it's likely fatal), there's blood spraying everywhere, the victim is screaming in pain, etc. It's the same effect with shooting him or pushing him off a cliff or throwing him into outer space or anything of that sort. But with this, all you do is just... spray him and he's like "wtf was this?" There's no immediate reaction. He gets infected as if he just caught the influenza or something. And then he "magically" drops dead a couple of days later. There's a degree of remoteness here, an illusion of not being involved very much. If you successfully convince yourself that you're not actually killing him, it should be OK. In the end it depends on your imagination and your skills at self-delusion. (I actually really like this - it's pretty human-like.)

Edit: to make it more clear (my brain is a bit fried atm), the key is that as Saki's mom said, using the psycho buster* barely registers in the user's mind as killing someone, which might be enough that even these guys can use it.

*(I'll never get over this name xD there's a reason why it's called as such but still... xD)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-03-06 at 09:42.
Old 2013-03-07, 13:18   Link #755
Raviel

Going a bit off track here but I couldn't resist............basically the way to overcome death feedback is by convincing yourself that....

people don't die if they are killed?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 15:58   Link #756
kuromitsu

They're not dead, they're just resting. Pining for the fjords.
Old 2013-03-07, 16:00   Link #757
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Going a bit off track here but I couldn't resist............basically the way to overcome death feedback is by convincing yourself that....

people don't die if they are killed?
Knowing Yakomaru, his next secret weapon is Shirou Emiya...
Old 2013-03-10, 16:34   Link #758
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You have the wrong person in mind.
Proof:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-03-10, 18:26   Link #759
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That moment when you start thinking one of the people who helped create the death feedback system was Shirou Emiya

The funniest part is it actually makes sense
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 01:03   Link #760
FateAnomaly

In the current episode it is mentioned that their psychic ability is practically a manifestation of their soul. Is that why there is a form of a woman coming out of the ugly guy who died at the night of the festival? The spirit is perhaps the guy loved one. Like saki and shun now?

Tags
adventure, fantasy, science fiction, supernatural