AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-26, 11:43   Link #19401
stardrago

I am not sure if anyone noticed, but on srwhotnews, there are pictures for a new pack for the Extreme Gundam for the game
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 19:11   Link #19402
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The non-clear version comes out next month actually. The 'February' issue of Hobby Japan comes out two months earlier, aka December. In fact the Hobby Japan issue we have right now is the January issue.
so that means I missed it? T-T
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 19:59   Link #19403
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
so that means I missed it? T-T
is coming in dec
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 21:32   Link #19404
bio9205
Reborn

Hell, a MG Harute would kill Bandai. Having the visor slide to the sides before the faceplate slides down is going to be one hell of a mechanism.

Of course, there's always part swapping.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 21:34   Link #19405
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Hell, a MG Harute would kill Bandai. Having the visor slide to the sides before the faceplate slides down is going to be one hell of a mechanism.

Of course, there's always part swapping.
Actually the faceplate slides to the side. It's the visor that seems to slide upward.

Then again Bandai seems to change the transformation for ease of mechanism when said transformation is slightly complicated, for example the Unicorn's mask sliding down instead of up as it's supposed to.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-26, 21:48   Link #19406
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Actually the faceplate slides to the side. It's the visor that seems to slide upward.

Then again Bandai seems to change the transformation for ease of mechanism when said transformation is slightly complicated, for example the Unicorn's mask sliding down instead of up as it's supposed to.
So long as they give us MGs of the movie Gundams, they can part swap for all i care.

I'm impatient, Bandai... Where are my HG GN-XIV and Seravee II?
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 00:20   Link #19407
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
it's where the 1:100 GN Archer and other awesome stuff are at: land of not happening <.<
God I hate Bandai
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 02:41   Link #19408
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
it's where the 1:100 GN Archer and other awesome stuff are at: land of not happening <.<
God I hate Bandai
That's a rather pessimistic view, considering that Bandai hasn't let down much with the HG 1/144 line. Given that they even had the gall to do all different sorts of HG GN-XIII variants, they wouldn't miss the chance to milk an HG GN-XIV line in the meantime. And the HG Seravee II is more or less inevitable, it's just a matter of when.

You know that Bandai doesn't design, create and ship model kits in just a couple of weeks right? Patience is key as with everything with Bandai. Hell, things we never thought were getting MG's got them, like the MG Deathscythe

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-11-27, 02:54   Link #19409
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
You know that Bandai doesn't design, create and ship model kits in just a couple of weeks right? Patience is key as with everything with Bandai. Hell, things we never thought were getting MG's got them, like the MG Deathscythe
Aren't the other Ver. Ka. redesigns getting MGs as well?
Old 2010-11-27, 03:01   Link #19410
jonli
JONLIの憂'

All I care about now is an HG or 1/100 Harute that can transform to Marute mode.

Then maybe...10 years in the future we'd get the rest of the 00 MGs just like how we're getting the Wing MGs now.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 03:37   Link #19411
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Aren't the other Ver. Ka. redesigns getting MGs as well?
There were a few pictures of the Verka redesigns from a model show some pages back. But they were just modded versions of the old HG 1/100's. Nothing is confirmed as far as we know
Old 2010-11-27, 05:07   Link #19412
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Have these been posted here yet? These seem to be from previous magazine issues.

This custom model is based off Exia's initial prototype design sketch, before it got refined into the Exia design we know and love today. I'm glad we did get the final design of the Exia for 00 instead of this thing, but damn if it isn't a nice looking model

Old 2010-11-27, 05:29   Link #19413
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
So long as they give us MGs of the movie Gundams, they can part swap for all i care.

to addon....setsuna flag!!!!! plus make 00V kits pls (cherudim saga, arios ascalon, seravee 3g, jagd arche)

duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 10:26   Link #19414
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
God I hate Bandai
where is my 1/100 innovade suits and A-head? ;; and arche with poseable fangs that's not one block of plastic stuck inside the hip armor, damnit
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 16:34   Link #19415
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Have these been posted here yet? These seem to be from previous magazine issues.

This custom model is based off Exia's initial prototype design sketch, before it got refined into the Exia design we know and love today. I'm glad we did get the final design of the Exia for 00 instead of this thing, but damn if it isn't a nice looking model
Yep, those have been posted before. Just a long long time ago.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 23:52   Link #19416
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:

Spoiler:

You know, that's what the 0 Gundam should have looked like.
Old 2010-11-28, 01:13   Link #19417
velocity7

So I finished building the MG 00 Qan[T], you can see pictures I've taken of it here (be sure it's November 27 pictures).

I've found that although the kit has great details and articulation, the HG kit makes up for it in expanded accessories, weight, and stability. On the MG, the sword is heavy with the GN Sword Bits, which necessitates the display base. Also, I don't like how the backpack relies on attaching to the GN Drive alone, and not the torso. This instability can sometimes cause the GN Drive to come out, or even part of it will come out leaving the other half inside. I could always run crazy glue and force the GN drive permanently together, but then that could result in issues later.

I also noticed the problem with the shield connecting to the GN Sword Bit B parts... I wore them down just to make it a little easier to pull out, but will have to see how it fares in the future.

Funny, the HG kit has none of the problems, and despite the lack of detail is quite sturdy for a model kit. Though I should note that this is my first MG kit, so I have no idea how other MG kits fare in this department.
Old 2010-11-28, 02:48   Link #19418
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

^Interesting, it seems that other reviewers are noting the same problems as well. I'll see first hand when my 00Q gets here in several weeks (SAL shipping baby). Some problems, like the heavy buster weapons, were probably unavoidable due to the nature of the design of 00Q. But having the backpack attach to the GN Drive (which pops out very easily on Exia and GN-X) seems like a poor engineering choice by Bandai.

Thanks for the review.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 03:01   Link #19419
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
So I finished building the MG 00 Qan[T], you can see pictures I've taken of it here (be sure it's November 27 pictures).

I've found that although the kit has great details and articulation, the HG kit makes up for it in expanded accessories, weight, and stability. On the MG, the sword is heavy with the GN Sword Bits, which necessitates the display base. Also, I don't like how the backpack relies on attaching to the GN Drive alone, and not the torso. This instability can sometimes cause the GN Drive to come out, or even part of it will come out leaving the other half inside. I could always run crazy glue and force the GN drive permanently together, but then that could result in issues later.

I also noticed the problem with the shield connecting to the GN Sword Bit B parts... I wore them down just to make it a little easier to pull out, but will have to see how it fares in the future.

Funny, the HG kit has none of the problems, and despite the lack of detail is quite sturdy for a model kit. Though I should note that this is my first MG kit, so I have no idea how other MG kits fare in this department.
That's rather disappointing but does it fall off easily when doing dynamic poses?
Chiu_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 03:47   Link #19420
velocity7

It falls off if you move it around too much such that you throw around the backpack's weight, or you pose it in way such that the backpack can slide off with the GN Drive on its own (e.g., back facing ground).

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy