AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-10-12, 06:15   Link #281
ellifeedn
Thinker

In Chapter 49... something unexpected happens. And I swear, I can not look at a particular grocery item the same way again.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 07:57   Link #282
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for chap 49:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifi View Post
In Chapter 49... something unexpected happens. And I swear, I can not look at a particular grocery item the same way again.
How so? To me, it just seemed unsanitary and, in a way, dangerous. People do use it as such(i looked it up afterwards) but i guess it's not too much different from how people order steaks in a fancy restaurant.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 14:00   Link #283
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ Just like you I also found it unsanitary. Unless it was pre-cooked, but that just barely makes it okay.
Old 2010-10-12, 20:09   Link #284
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, we're back to the usual stuff now!

I really hope she puts on those ears...I can't wait.
Old 2010-11-09, 12:14   Link #285
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Spoiler for 50:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 17:44   Link #286
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Nice to see they are back to the sort of things that originally "won me over" to reading this series to begin with.
Old 2010-11-09, 17:58   Link #287
scrumly1

A kind of cute mini arc to break up the monotony of the last one is nice.
scrumly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 18:03   Link #288
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Yeah, it was nice to see things get back on track. Or at least back to some Tsubaki x Urabe action, even if the whole cat ears/raw bacon thing really didn't do much for me. I mean, I know there's a lot of fetishes out there (I have a few myself), but watching a girl get salmonella from eating raw pork isn't one of them.

Anyway, I'm just glad that whole idol debacle is over with. Only took a year from the manga (and almost took the life out of it, as well).
Old 2010-11-09, 18:20   Link #289
GrimJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah, it was nice to see things get back on track. Or at least back to some Tsubaki x Urabe action, even if the whole cat ears/raw bacon thing really didn't do much for me. I mean, I know there's a lot of fetishes out there (I have a few myself), but watching a girl get trichinosis from eating raw pork isn't one of them.

Anyway, I'm just glad that whole idol debacle is over with. Only took a year from the manga (and almost took the life out of it, as well).
Trichinella spiralus is the major pork pathogen,

the bacon is probably not raw but precooked however you can eat raw eggs in Japan with greater safety that in North America so maybe their pigs are blessed with some super immunity too lol

amazing things you can find on the internet

take this with whatever pillar of salt you wish

Quote:
But in Japan, we don't really like to cook bacon that way. So we have our bacon that is safe to eat. Our bacon is smoked and heated through because we want to eat rare or medium-rare bacon. So the kind of bacon has been sold in Japan.

Well, actually selling " real" bacon (=the bacon that is dangerous to eat as raw ) was prohibited by law. That's why, you couldn't see " real" bacon at any grocery stores in Japan. Well, we are very careful when it comes to food that when we want to eat something that is not safe to eat as raw, we need to do something. So stuff like eggs, bacon are pasteurized usually.

But these days, Japan has introduced unheated bacon which is very very close to " real" bacon. Since we are getting to know more western style food, we've changed the law a bit that some stores started selling unheated bacon. Even though many Japanese people still don't like to cook bacon like how Americans do, some people who like international food want to try to cook...well, " burnt bacon." But still we like to eat raw stuff so the bacon is not probably the exactly same as the bacon sold in the states if raw bacon is made through bacon companies in Japan:
source is a Japanese girl answering the question Why is there no Real Bacon in Japan?
Old 2010-11-09, 18:29   Link #290
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yeah, it was nice to see things get back on track. Or at least back to some Tsubaki x Urabe action, even if the whole cat ears/raw bacon thing really didn't do much for me. I mean, I know there's a lot of fetishes out there (I have a few myself), but watching a girl get salmonella from eating raw pork isn't one of them.

I'd say these last two chapters have shown me what brought upon the Idol arc in the first place; there's no where left to go. It doesn't seem like Urabe and Tsubaki's relationship is really going to get much closer(especially if them kissing is end game material), and these chapters just felt stagnant. I'm hoping we could at least get some more Urabe character development or something, or maybe Tsubaki, but after his idiocy throughout the Idol arc, it'd be hard to redeem him.
Equidistant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 11:55   Link #291
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Monster... cat... HNNGGHH...

Great chapter. It doesn't bother that the idea came from his friend, cause that is truly realistic. I thoroughly enjoyed these two chapters.
Old 2011-01-11, 17:38   Link #292
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, we had a double release this week and what a great couple of chapters. I really wasn't sure what was going to happen too... glad he made the right choice. And I hope that girl returns to stir up trouble!

Lastly, I can think of so many shonen protagonists who could learn from Tsubaki.
Old 2011-01-12, 09:05   Link #293
ellifeedn
Thinker

I liked these two chapters and I can't believe I forgot why they were going out in the first place.
Old 2011-01-12, 20:07   Link #294
No Comment
A Comment

Send a message via AIM to No Comment
Yeah I thought it might have been the start of one of those types of story arcs created by miscommunication and failure to refuse that often comes up in this type of manga.

But I was happy with these last two chapters and especially those last few pages.
No Comment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 22:59   Link #295
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

This is another manga I like to follow ... although I am still waiting for some kind of "supernatural weirdness" to happen - a 'la the brief hints from the dreams Tsubaki had when first getting connected with Urabe.

I can wait.
Old 2011-01-12, 23:36   Link #296
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
This is another manga I like to follow ... although I am still waiting for some kind of "supernatural weirdness" to happen - a 'la the brief hints from the dreams Tsubaki had when first getting connected with Urabe.

I can wait.
She's GOTTA be an alien-Neko type.
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 23:45   Link #297
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mughi View Post
She's GOTTA be an alien-Neko type.
Hmm, hadn't thought of that angle ... I guess it could be "sci-fi" style weirdness too.

I wonder if the manga will go the route of some sort of involved backstory with Urabe, though? Personally I would be more satisfied with something like that (my guess is that the present story material of the manga can only go so far, even if I am enjoying it), but I also must admit that the storyline itself thus far has dropped so few hints that I am having a hard time finding a realistic hanger to hang a theory on.

Ah well.
Old 2011-01-13, 14:31   Link #298
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And I hope that girl returns to stir up trouble!
this girl is so fishy this type of girl always hide their true colors and we don't know yet why did she skip class for 1 week
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 18:38   Link #299
Mughi
Wordy b@stard

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mycanid View Post
Hmm, hadn't thought of that angle ... I guess it could be "sci-fi" style weirdness too.

I wonder if the manga will go the route of some sort of involved backstory with Urabe, though? Personally I would be more satisfied with something like that (my guess is that the present story material of the manga can only go so far, even if I am enjoying it), but I also must admit that the storyline itself thus far has dropped so few hints that I am having a hard time finding a realistic hanger to hang a theory on.

Ah well.
Well, no doubt there's NO connection at ALL, but all of the "Dream sequences" Ueshiba-sensei has shown us have reminded me of two stories... Studio Ghibli's "Neko no Ongaeshi (The Cat Returns)" and Nakamuri Takashi's "Totsuzen! Neko no Kuni Banipal Witt (Catnapped!)" BOTH of which involved fantastic alternate worlds ruled by anthropomorphic cats. In "Totsuzen! Neko no Kuni Banipal Witt" the protagonist Toriyasu has a fascination with UFOs and comments that the reason his missing dog, Papadoll is gone is probably that he was abducted by aliens. (Turns out he was stolen by the cat's megalomaniacal Princess as an über-weapon of terror.)

Could it be that Ueshiba was influenced by these themes and has woven them into MGX, just for fun? Not saying he HAS, but one's gotta think there's more to Urabe's cat-eyes and fascination with mysterious places and UFOs than meets the reader's eyes... Jes' sayin!
Mughi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 19:08   Link #300
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Hmm ... funny you should mention "The Cat Returns" ... I had thought of that too. Also, something about the "dream world" reminded me of the alternate spaces that the dolls from Rozen Maiden periodically went to....

Tags
romance, seinen