AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-09, 12:21   Link #21
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
Maybe 12 will be the final final fantasy. sometimes the next one isnt always what it comes out to be. Square and final fantasy have reps to uphold and i think their finally losing it.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-19, 00:31   Link #22
ThePhoenixRises

i think yeah at some stage final fantasy series has got to end. But if the fans keep buying the final fantasy stuff - (square - enix might be money grabbers) so they will want to produce more games so they can scam more money out of us. woohoo, so keep buying then they will have to keep making them, otherwise we will all get really annoyed and get angry and complain and stuff.
ThePhoenixRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-20, 18:35   Link #23
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhoenixRises
(square - enix might be money grabbers)
Might be? The company exists to make money; if they're receiving high earnings off of a particular line of product, why would they stop it?

It doesn't even really matter, though, if you think about it. As we all know, the Final Fantasy games are grouped under the same series name, but in truth they're unrelated in terms of storyline and characters. There are little quirks that travel between them - chocobos, moogles (sometimes) and the name Cid - but those aside, they're unrelated. Final Fantasy is just the name for recognition and saving on original title ideas; theoretically, each Final Fantasy game could have been given its own title and it wouldn't make much of a difference. However, it's better, more efficient marketing this way. So unless Square-Enix plans to stop making RPGs of this nature in general, I don't see why they'd discontinue using the Final Fantasy name.
Old 2004-03-26, 12:23   Link #24
Evan
天使我爱你

This is the way how big company earn big money.....
Wonder what title they're naming after final fantasy??
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 14:06   Link #25
Freddy C
Invincible

Send a message via MSN to Freddy C
i dont really think 12 will be the last, FF will go on IMO until 15, i mean there are so many FF now (on GBA, Gamecube). also in an interview, the makers say that they arent really pleased with the current graphics and gameplay still and are always looking for ways to improve.

also FF keeps selling and reaching platinum, so why not keep making them, they are all beautiful games. FF13, if they are going to make it will probably be in development right now.

about losing their grip on the series, well i agree, they do need another FF&, though IMO FF7 wasnt the best FF but certainly the most popular. if they make one that beats FF7, then they will definitly make the series get back on track, but FF12 looks amazing.

oh and FF13, if out will blatently be titled FFXIII
Freddy C is offline   Reply With Quote