AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-07-06, 11:59   Link #13101
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

That's actually a really interesting catch you got there with George, Volcanic. Anyone else thinking this is a hint to George finding the gold this game?
delita-umw- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:10   Link #13102
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
I am so late it doesn't even offer excuse (my last post was in March- I've devolved into a lurker, it seems) but thanks to freeze-framing and Windows 7's Snipping tool, I have some HQ screens for you all in response to some posts here.

Spoiler for EP7 OP:
I still can't see any Yakuza in that picture. All I see is some lights shooting other lights at something off-screen to the right, which causes blood spurts.
And thanks for confirming those sprites. The pause function wasn't agreeing with me last night, so I couldn't get a clear view of everyone's faces.
And while I missed the Chapel behind Shannon and Kanon, I did catch some stained glass. That stuff seems to have some importance for this Episode. And I don't think it's Rudolf and Kyrie vs. Leviathan and Belphegor or Gohda vs. Beezlebub. I think it's Rudolf, Kyrie, Leviathan and Belphegor vs. Evil Person (or possibly Good Person), and ditto for Gohda.
And I saw that picture of George as well. But as I mentioned, Battler and Beato's silhouettes are just obscuring Hideyoshi and Battler. That doesn't mean George isn't suspicious though.
Yeah, that last flash I thought was just from an old OP, but looking through them, it's actually new. Come to think about it, there's a lot of exploding to be done in this new OP.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:23   Link #13103
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by delita-umw- View Post
That's actually a really interesting catch you got there with George, Volcanic. Anyone else thinking this is a hint to George finding the gold this game?
Looking at it now, it flashes by very fast and I'm happy I caught it. Ryukishi must have put it there on purpose, of course.

George finding the gold would be interesting, but from what we've seen of his emotional "stability" it might end in the same way EP3 did, especially if Shannon kicked the bucket, (I guess George takes after his mom ) although George would probably handle it a bit...what's the word. Not crying and upset, more angry. Unless he revealed to everyone that he found the gold- then we'd have a very different situation, and considering all the stuff around Battler I doubt it'd be like EP5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
And thanks for confirming those sprites. The pause function wasn't agreeing with me last night, so I couldn't get a clear view of everyone's faces.

And I don't think it's Rudolf and Kyrie vs. Leviathan and Belphegor or Gohda vs. Beezlebub. I think it's Rudolf, Kyrie, Leviathan and Belphegor vs. Evil Person (or possibly Good Person), and ditto for Gohda.
You're welcome! I know the feeling with the pause button, I ended up having to record the OP and then slowing it down by...well, a lot.

Actually them fighting someone else makes a lot more sense, considering Levi and Belphe seem to have gotten an attachment to Rudolf and Kyrie. Who they are fighting is the mystery, but if the ??? involves everyone beating the pulp out of Bern's minions, I shall be very pleased.

Something else I just noticed now: Featherine does not appear once in this OP. Considering the scroll had even 556, I doubt Ryukishi would just leave her out for no reason. Maybe it's because she's the author?
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:27   Link #13104
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Something else I just noticed now: Featherine does not appear once in this OP. Considering the scroll had even 556, I doubt Ryukishi would just leave her out for no reason. Maybe it's because she's the author?
She wasn't in the previous OP either. Course, it was Episode 5's OP, but Episode 1's showed Beato, and we don't see her right 'till the end of the Episode.
But that is a little strange. Now to go through the entire OP, checking for who's not there!
Old 2010-07-06, 12:31   Link #13105
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
She wasn't in the previous OP either. Course, it was Episode 5's OP, but Episode 1's showed Beato, and we don't see her right 'till the end of the Episode.
But that is a little strange. Now to go through the entire OP, checking for who's not there!
Of course she wouldn't be in the past OP, she just came in EP6... and Beato is the legendary witch who's very existence was known since the start... and she's one of the main characters so she doesn't count.

I think Featherine is the only one who doesn't appear.

EDIT: And the 1998 characters who aren't directly involved in the story through the Meta World or 1986.
(Even Erika, Evatrice, Furfur and Zepar appear)

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:31   Link #13106
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Featherine first appeared in EP6, though. So she wouldn't be in that OP. Still, I'd expect AuAu to at least make a cameo with Ange or something...
EDIT: Darn it, momobunny! You ninja'd me there.

Another thing about the scroll, probably meaningless but whatever: about 60% of them have their angry faces on, most notably Krauss, Natsuhi, and Eva. Most of the other people look apathetic or have their default sprites, with a few exceptions. (Hideyoshi, Amakusa, one or two more) Like I said, probably meaningless, but...
Old 2010-07-06, 12:36   Link #13107
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Featherinne couldn't possibly appear in EP5 opening, I'm going to bet that Ruukishi had yet to draw her portrait back then.

Ad for other characters missing, well there's a lot actually. All the minor ones are missing:

Okonogi
Ootsuki
Masayuki
Sabakichi

But I think everyone else is there...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:38   Link #13108
Raiza Sunozaki

Everyone who's not there:
All the characters from 1998, except for Ange and Amakusa, and Miss AuAu. This OP actually has a very high attendance rate. Even Erika, who shouldn't be there, shows up.

Damn... triple ninja'd.
Old 2010-07-06, 12:46   Link #13109
NarkNarks

I still don't see the supposed mafia in the OP, its just a flashing yellow light.

Actually I don't think 98 will have much impact on the remaining story, ANGE as a meta character might but 98 seems somewhat insiginificant overall. Hence the lack of 98 characters in the OP
NarkNarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 12:53   Link #13110
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I don't think how it can be defined as "yakuza" but I do think to see a man in a suit ('though the head is off screen).

On the left I think it's a portrait of some sort, but it doesn't look like anything that has been shown so far.

Old 2010-07-06, 13:24   Link #13111
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
The blurred blackened portrait on the right it VERGLIA'S!

Almaz text is awesome.

Anyway, I think it might be Ronove's. I've heard he had one.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:29   Link #13112
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazluverdis3 View Post
The blurred blackened portrait on the right it VERGLIA'S!

Almaz text is awesome.

Anyway, I think it might be Ronove's. I've heard he had one.
Neither Virgilla or Ronove have portraits, unless you mean the EP4 portrait for the blackened one, which would make a lot of sense. Ronove isn't a witch/sorcerer, so he's not gonna have a portrait; whoever told you that was wrong, I guess.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:29   Link #13113
Xeles

That thing on the left does look like the part of a portrait or a rifle.
Spoiler:

If you have the intro file, you can try opening it up in a program like MPC player (I'm not sure if it's precise) or VirtualDub to advance frame by frame to make it easier.
Xeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 13:41   Link #13114
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Neither Virgilla or Ronove have portraits, unless you mean the EP4 portrait for the blackened one, which would make a lot of sense. Ronove isn't a witch/sorcerer, so he's not gonna have a portrait; whoever told you that was wrong, I guess.
Virgilia has one. I saw it after precise pausing of the EP5 OP. Therefore, I am an attention whore.

Almaz text XD Can't stop abusing it.
Old 2010-07-06, 13:50   Link #13115
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The Virgilia you saw was a detail of the EP4 portrait ^^;

Old 2010-07-06, 13:54   Link #13116
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The Virgilia you saw was a detail of the EP4 portrait ^^;
That's quite something. But I think it might have importance to yet-to-be-released-games. You'll never know, right?

ANYWAY, who wants to discuss Furry and Zepo for awhile? SHOT ME FOR THE NICKNAMES
Old 2010-07-06, 13:57   Link #13117
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

You know, I've been thinking about the whole 3 year thing with Shannon and George and the op with Hideyoshi sad. Has the possibility ever been brought up that George could be the one responsible for trying to takeover Hideyoshi's company?
Old 2010-07-06, 14:02   Link #13118
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You know, I've been thinking about the whole 3 year thing with Shannon and George and the op with Hideyoshi sad. Has the possibility ever been brought up that George could be the one responsible for trying to takeover Hideyoshi's company?
George: And I'll take over dad's... (ect.)

Hideyoshi: -steps in-

George: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA! AND THAT DRIPPED KANON CAN COOK THE ONIONS SO HE'D ROT FOR OBJECTING MY LOVE FOR SHANNON

Hideyoshi: George?

George: Hi dad. You're fired.

Hideyoshi: But it's my company!

George: Not anymore. -shots-

THE GEORGE FOOD THEORY IS AWESOME

Almaz text XD Poor Kanon.
Old 2010-07-06, 14:04   Link #13119
delita-umw-
Wild Speculator

This Almaz text sounds like it could be dangerous in the wrong hands, good thing it looks like we have a good guardian for it =P
Old 2010-07-06, 14:19   Link #13120
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
This Almaz text sounds like it could be dangerous in the wrong hands, good thing it looks like we have a good guardian for it =P
Almaz text is for Hind Al-Ghamdi only. AKA, me.

I just got tired of marking my crack theories, so I made this. Pretty fun. Makes me feel MAGICAL.