AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 15:09   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Direct downloads from nyaatorrents?

I wanted to download all the Jewelpet Tinkle torrents in one go using the DownThemAll add-in for Firefox. It looks like that's not possible, even though the entries on the AS page point to the torrent files themselves. Apparently nyaa rewrites external queries for "page=download" to "page=torrentinfo" which makes bulk downloading impossible. Any hints for how I can just get to the torrent files themselves without having to see an intermediate page?

I don't know whether this belongs here or in Download Help. Feel free to move it if you think it's more appropriate there.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 16:16   Link #2
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Get Flashgot. I just right clicked on page and chose Flashgot All and I received all torrents nicely in one folder. It downloaded bunch of html files though as well but you can probably avoid that if you mess with the options.
Old 2010-11-17, 23:14   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

The problem lies not with AnimeSuki, but that NyaaTorrents simply redirects you to the "torrentinfo" page if a referral URL is set (=when you click on a download link from another website). If you clikc on a NyaaTorrents link from TT (or Jishaku) you have the same problem.

You might get around it by using some plugin that will disable sending referral information to NyaaTorrents.org (something like this).

Or use magnet links. On the current AnimeSuki site these are somewhat hidden, but on the V3 beta site they're included for every listing - just click the icon instead of the torrent link. This is the solution I'm using myself.

Note that magnet links do have a tendency not to work very well on very old and barely seeded torrents. But for new torrents they work fine.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 00:05   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The simplest solution turns out to be Dist's recommendation of Flashgot. You can configure it to spoof the referer. All I needed to do was tell it to use http://www.nyaatorrents.org/ as the referer, and I got past the URI rewriting filter.

I couldn't figure out a way to get DownThemAll (or Flashgot which uses DTA) to recognize magnet:// URLs. I looked around a bit with Google and didn't see much that suggested this was a simple problem to solve.

Thanks to you both!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 04:22   Link #5
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Flashgot is a wonderful thing like a swiss army knife. Treasure it