AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-27, 07:33   Link #21
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Anyone try to replace the voices from the game into Japanese ones? I'll play this game after I have little more time, but from what I've seen, it's quite fun to play, and with the big names of the voice casts, I'd wonder if anyone here have tried to change the voice pack, as the tutorial here?
Old 2011-05-07, 07:42   Link #22
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well official launch is out along with first job advancement. so anybody play it now. what your character?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 21:33   Link #23
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Anyone try to replace the voices from the game into Japanese ones? I'll play this game after I have little more time, but from what I've seen, it's quite fun to play, and with the big names of the voice casts, I'd wonder if anyone here have tried to change the voice pack, as the tutorial here?
Why would you want to do that ? The voices in this game are really good at least for my ears even though it's in Korean. And what japanese voice cast are you even talking about ? Elsword is korean game .. Or perhaps you don't know that surprisingly enough, the game isn't dubbed and has the original audio ?

RRW : I'm playing right now and I have lvl32 Dark Mage and lvl25 Magic Knight.

Since I don't like pvp, it's rather boring at the maximum level because grinding for better equipment is not really working out. If you solo, there's VERY slim chance to get the good stuff .. On party the droprate is higher but I every single time get less than 6 so someone else nabs the good stuff.

I'm thinking of making third character but I don't really like Rena .. I was thinking about another mage and now High Mage but the animation when they stand still looks so retarded that it would annoy me too much D:. She swings that wand around like it's a toy <.<

As for the gameplay and stuff .. Well I'm mostly disappointed that still in 2011 we get games that allow no character customization at all. With that said, all characters look the same and the only variety being the possible fashion they wear. Speaking of fashion, Kill3rCombo is very money hungry and they're even worse than OGPlanet. I mean seriously .. $20 for a skill reset item ? $22 for a permament fashion set or $11 for something that lasts 30 days ? And the items aren't even compatible with other classes and can't be mailed to possible other characters. The fashion plays out too big part of the game too because the great stat boosts you can have from fashion will give great advantage to you if you do pvp .. or disadvantage if you can't afford to buy cash items.

I'll end this post by questioning that is this game supposed to be for USA only ? Some companies have IP blocks on their games so that only people from USA can play them .. I still don't understand the reasoning behind this but whatever. Since I am able to play Elsword I figured they do allow Europeans to play it too. As you can see, I am from Finland .. And much to my surprise, I don't even lag there unlike in LaTale at OGP. The reason for asking is that you can't charge using a credit card if you don't live in USA; and in forums people are complaining about Europeans playing '' their game '' and causing lag to '' their servers '' <= Last sentence is complete bs. If I live faraway, the only lag it would cause would be for myself.
Old 2011-05-08, 00:40   Link #24
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Why would you want to do that ? The voices in this game are really good at least for my ears even though it's in Korean. And what japanese voice cast are you even talking about ? Elsword is korean game .. Or perhaps you don't know that surprisingly enough, the game isn't dubbed and has the original audio ?
Because I like the Japanese voice than Korean one? It's really hard to resist once I learn the name of the voice casts in the Japanese version.

Quote:
Elsword voiced by Kenichi Suzumura
Aisha voiced by Rie Kugimiya
Rena voiced by Yui Horie
Raven voiced by Mamoru Miyano
Eve voiced by Mamiko Noto
I don't say the Korean one isn't good, but I like the Japanese one better.
Old 2011-05-08, 07:16   Link #25
Dist

Why am I not surprised that Aisha is voiced by Rie ? You know, Aisha is like a spitting image of the characters she usually voices .. From the moment I saw her face I knew Rie would voice her if there was japanese audio.

Anyway .. Why don't you just try it ? Replace the files and see what happens. I doubt it will work though because games tend to check the files for patching and if there are any irregularities the game won't even launch. The securiy system, X-trap or whatever Elsword uses most likely would notice modified files ..
Old 2011-05-08, 07:31   Link #26
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, it works. I've been playing with Japanese voice for awhile, although it's kinda trouble some. You have to copy the file after the patching checking process complete, but before the game launches. There is a software that can do that, but it's in Chinese so I haven't figured out how to do that.
Old 2011-05-08, 08:20   Link #27
Dist

Where did you get the Japanese audio files ? Can you link them to me ? Though I said I like Korean ones, might as well try Japanese ones now that I know the voice cast .. Which is rather surprising for such big names to voice small game like this. Or wait, are the Japanese Elsword cast actually from some other game .. Grandchase ? I know you linked to the forum but I can hardly understand what's going on with the awful way that whole post is written.

By copying do you mean replacing the korean ones with japanese ones before the game launches, and then replacing the japanese ones with korean ones after you quit the game so that you can repeat the process again when you play again ?
Old 2011-05-08, 09:20   Link #28
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quick question... is the pvp in this the same as in Grand Chase? where pvp is basically whoever the best grabber is, is the winner?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 09:45   Link #29
Dist

I haven't played Grand Chase and I don't know what you mean by best grabber but if by that you mean whoever manages to kill the one lowest on hp then I suppose you're right. Most people seem to do so too .. Just stand back/run away from people until someone is low on hp and then come unleash some skill to kill them. The one that might have done actually the most damage to the victim might get only assist points, but even those not always.
Old 2011-05-08, 09:49   Link #30
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
I haven't played Grand Chase and I don't know what you mean by best grabber but if by that you mean whoever manages to kill the one lowest on hp then I suppose you're right. Most people seem to do so too .. Just stand back/run away from people until someone is low on hp and then come unleash some skill to kill them. The one that might have done actually the most damage to the victim might get only assist points, but even those not always.
In Grand Chase, Grabs were extremely broken and Overpowered, like 2-3 grabs can kill anyone regardless of stats. Everyone tries to grab in GC, it's so annoying. So if no one is running around trying to grab each other in Elsword than I'm guessing it's no longer the case.
Old 2011-05-08, 09:52   Link #31
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

^ no grab in elsword and no pitfall. so it less broken. well only disadvantage so far is you must good with combo or you get screwed. it far from perfect but definitely less broken than GC

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 09:53   Link #32
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
By copying do you mean replacing the korean ones with japanese ones before the game launches, and then replacing the japanese ones with korean ones after you quit the game so that you can repeat the process again when you play again ?
It's the other way around. You launch the game, and waiting for the patcher to run, then right before the game screen appear, paste the Japanese voice in the data folder. After playing, paste the Korean voice back so the next time you launch the game, the patcher won't detect anything strange and attempt to patch the game again.

I don't remember where did I download the JP voice, so I'm uploading the one I'm using right now.

[edit]
Well, here it is. Sorry for taking too long. Remember to make a backup of the Korean's voice. Just find the same file with the same number in the JP_voice folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/?0v7iqw5edft9ati

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2011-05-08 at 12:10.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 10:22   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
^ no grab in elsword and no pitfall. so it less broken. well only disadvantage so far is you must good with combo or you get screwed. it far from perfect but definitely less broken than GC
That's good to know, those broken grabs made GC feel so cheap.
Old 2011-05-09, 01:56   Link #34
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This is bullshit. I can't register because I live elsewhere.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 04:30   Link #35
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Ask someone from US to register for you, and use hotspot shield to play the game.
Old 2011-05-09, 07:13   Link #36
Dist

How do you even use Hotspot Shield for games ? To me it looks like it's meant for web browsing, meaning he could use HS for registering but how does that work for playing .. Also how does it work latency wise ? If it's like proxy then I'd imagine it lags quite a bit.

And lol .. I found out through the ticket support that the game is only available for NA and Oceania and it says this on the Terms of Service. Does someone actually read that massive amount of text everytime they signup for something ? Funny enough, Kill3rCombo did not close my account even though it was obvious from my ticket that I reside elsewhere. Should a time come when they place IP blocks to the game, I'll have to resort to Hotspot Shield too if Duo or someone else would mind explaining how does that actually work.

Last edited by Dist; 2011-05-09 at 08:45.
Dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-09, 07:27   Link #37
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
How do you even use Hotspot Shield for games ? To me it looks like it's meant for web browsing, meaning he could use HS for registering but how does that work for playing .. Also how does it work latency wise ? If it's like proxy then I'd imagine it lags quite a bit.

And lol .. I found out through the ticket support that the game is only available for NA and Oceania and it says this on the Terms of Service. Does someone actually read that massive amount of text everytime they signup for something ? Funny enough, Kill3rCombo did not close my account even though it was obvious from my ticket that I reside elsewhere. Should a time come when they place IP blocks to the game, I'll have to resort to Hotspot Shield too if Duo or someone else would mind explaining how does that actually work.
The last time I used it for Mabinogi I just turn it on and run the game.

And that was like...1-2 years ago?

Now I need someone living in US to register for me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-09, 08:40   Link #38
Dist

Register where .. at the website ? I still don't know how that program works, but I was able to register for Elsword ... Else I obviously wouldn't be playing at the moment. I'm not using Hotspot for playing either but like i said, they'll probably add my country/IP range to the block too sooner or later. But what I mean is .. if I was able to register at the website but you can't, does it really matter who registers for you ? Hell, you could even use a proxy to do it ..

Btw I tried the Japanese voice cast .. if I'm not mistaken .. is that Shinpachi ( Gintama ) voicing Elsword .. That's just so .. unfitting .. Not really '' badass '' voice I'd expect from him. Rie also does awful job at least with the High Mage, she sounds way too happy .. As if she was somewhere else, and not battling monsters to death.
Old 2011-05-09, 08:45   Link #39
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Register where .. at the website ? I still don't know how that program works, but I was able to register for Elsword ... Else I obviously wouldn't be playing at the moment. I'm not using Hotspot for playing either but like i said, they'll probably add my country/IP range to the block too sooner or later.
Singapore and Malaysia are added to the IP range block. And using Hotspot or any proxy to register will result in an IP doublecheck.

Old 2011-05-09, 08:47   Link #40
Dist

And why would that be ? How would Kill3rCombo even know that the proxy or Hotspot you are using IS proxy or hotspot. It's just another ip among the others. Your ip will be different anyway. If someone from US registers for you and then you use Hotspot, your IP is already different from what you registered with.

Tags
elsword