AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-11-20, 11:20   Link #1601
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a pretty fun chapter. I liked the interaction between the Royal Guards and the Gotei 13. Hikifune is the fat lady, but it seems like she wasn't always fight. They probably don't see much action at the palace, so she grew lazy. I hope we'll get to see what she used to look like later.

Seems like Unohana is actually more skilled at fighting than healing. I can't wait to see her in action. I hope she'll do justice to her name.

Ichigo is being invited to the palace, so we're probably going to see the King very soon. Will he look badass or goofy?
Old 2012-11-20, 11:28   Link #1602
Aqua Knight

Stupid chapter to be honest.
Many people died in SS, Captain Commander died and then BOOM!

"LOLOLOL, how're you doin' SS?"

Jumping from sorrow and grief to lulzy characters who even look kinda ridiculous - seems like there would be no atmosphere in the arc at all.

Really want for Aizen to spice up Bleach, he's my only hope.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:58   Link #1603
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
Yamamoto stated that he was still the Commander because no Shinigami stronger than him had been born in over 1000 years. Assuming she is stronger than him, this would make Hikifune at least 1001 years old, yet her promotion took place around 100 years ago.

As I said it's just hard to picture the Gotei with a Captain near or on par Yamamoto level because the existing Captains are just way off..
It could be that even if all of the Zero Division individually were weaker than Yamamoto, as a group they had more overall power than the 13 divisions.

Like, let's say (totally random unofficial numbers for sake of math)
Yamamoto has a power of 12, but the average captain has a power of 3. Then the 13 divisions overall power would be 12+3*12= 48
Now let's say each of the Zero division has a power of 10. Then the zero division overall power would be 5*10=50.

Possibly something like that?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:00   Link #1604
Calca
Expressionless

Wow, someone finally talked down to Unohana...and she took it.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:02   Link #1605
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
It could be that even if all of the Zero Division individually were weaker than Yamamoto, as a group they had more overall power than the 13 divisions.

Like, let's say (totally random unofficial numbers for sake of math)
Yamamoto has a power of 12, but the average captain has a power of 3. Then the 13 divisions overall power would be 12+3*12= 48
Now let's say each of the Zero division has a power of 10. Then the zero division overall power would be 5*10=50.

Possibly something like that?
Yama-ji individually probably is stronger than each zero squad captain. But it was said their power combined was stronger than the 13.
Old 2012-11-20, 13:03   Link #1606
X207
Gamyūsa

they had a great chance to keep the "dead" characters dead and they blew it royally. the series has enough as it is. dont get me wrong, i do like to see the division 0 and their HQ but theres only so many times you can revive dead characters. i dont mind if Byakuya dies but Renji and Rukia didnt seem that far gone to be dead. stupid fight to the death for Byakuya made even more pintless (or pointless) which ever way you see it. Kubo has made a great manga but he's too attached to some characters for his own good.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 13:55   Link #1607
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
they had a great chance to keep the "dead" characters dead and they blew it royally. the series has enough as it is. dont get me wrong, i do like to see the division 0 and their HQ but theres only so many times you can revive dead characters. i dont mind if Byakuya dies but Renji and Rukia didnt seem that far gone to be dead. stupid fight to the death for Byakuya made even more pintless (or pointless) which ever way you see it. Kubo has made a great manga but he's too attached to some characters for his own good.
Speaking of which, if Byakuya is going to die unless moved, why aren't they taking Kenpachi too?

Also to be fair, I probably wouldn't kill characters I'm attached to if I was making a story. I'd kill people who the audience is attached to and not me (Hitsugaya lol).

Last edited by Calca; 2012-11-20 at 14:10.
Old 2012-11-20, 13:59   Link #1608
Kurohane

Because, notice all the people they are taking are close to Ichigo. They even took his broken Tenza Zangetsu from Mayuri's lab. They plan to coerce him to do what they want.
Old 2012-11-20, 14:11   Link #1609
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Nobody talks to Captain Mama like that! Kill that man! Kill him dead!

I did start to fall in love with Shutara though
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 14:15   Link #1610
X207
Gamyūsa

Rukia is an important chracter but she never did get into the majority of the title fights. she had some major battles but they like to focus on the captains rather that those that are captain class equivalent. i do hope Byakuya dies. they need some real deaths for the good guys in the manga.

maybe they deem certain characters they need to help or provide with info. that aside, Kubo wants Rukia on the otherside to help out Ichigo.

Kenpachi is built like a Bison, he's taken alot of damage during his fights so he could probably bounce back without help.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 14:29   Link #1611
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Best character design to-date! I can practically smell the crazy on her.
Have to agree. Her, yakuzaa dude and the fat guy really gave bleach some color again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonmeister View Post
Also, Unohana's mentor's comment of "What you're meant to do now is not healing" suggests that her real purpose is to be a fighter, and that she's just been hiding it for fear of cramping on people's style - I very much hope that it's that, rather than a quirk of the translation
My guess is he meant she's suppose to be the next division 1 captain.
Old 2012-11-20, 14:45   Link #1612
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Because, notice all the people they are taking are close to Ichigo. They even took his broken Tenza Zangetsu from Mayuri's lab. They plan to coerce him to do what they want.
Interesting theory. I like where you're going with it!

Though at this point, it's pretty unclear why they'd have to coerce Ichigo to do anything. He seems pretty solidly on SS's side and ready to take out JB when he shows his face again.

Though maybe once all the "truths" about JB are revealed he'll have a different opinion...
Old 2012-11-20, 15:37   Link #1613
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Ouaaa Kirio would change so I see her she was slim and swollen I'm x "D. ... it proves that they did not have too much or they were the enemy haha, then I Shutara * kyaaa connai last name * your um short class I love even more!, and it must be super fast too because uh wait, she is a second advantage of this endrois went to the division Unohana then than mayuri and return as if nothing had happened .... it's like cutting banana surprising if Soifon should be as fast as it can while it also surpass Yoruichi?? * O * so who is also the senpai of Unohana and therefore it is doctor and think he would have more part of the division .. kenpachi kenpachi doctor and as mdrr and "Retsu" he swing class although he must know his true nature Unohana * O * .. I think I was one of the most surprised to learn he'll have his "senpai" * O *
Old 2012-11-20, 15:53   Link #1614
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I can’t say I loved this chapter, but I didn’t hate it either. It was very ‘meh’ to me. Though I was pleasantly surprised that the Yakuza looking man is seemingly the healer of their group and even mentored Unohana. But that was all ruined when Soi Fon went into bitch mode and started freaking out about nothing, again. I know that Soi Fon’s character is supposed to be grieving and has her own resolve broken due to the state Soul Society is in, but really? STFU. (And she was promptly told so by the Yakuza, so I guess right now, he’s my favorite of the five.)

I was also very happy that Hikifune wound up being the cubby woman, but I was kind of disappointed that she had to be so fat she was unrecognizable. (I think back when Kubo mentioned her character he showed a slim silhouette, but really? “Oh it’s so funny! She so fat that even her facial feature are unrecognizable. Ho ho ho!”) I didn’t find it that funny, but more or less, offensive, but I’ll take it with a grain of salt. It’s not like you can have a fat female character that’s not just comic relief, right? I have a feeling Kubo will make her this ‘surprising’ force when it comes to fighting, though.

I liked the interaction between the puppet-arms chick and Mayuri. It would be nice if there was an explanation as to why he ended up in the Maggots Nest. I think I’m most excited about Urahara impending entrance—but that’s because I’m just hoping that the ‘sword at the throat’ scene from all those chapter back will be resolved (even if it is poorly done and half assed—I just want to know)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WONDERMIKE View Post
well, that was surprisingly fun to read

Spoiler for :
I think that would be the best thing to happen ever. But I am curious what route Kubo will go, if he decides to make the God a child, something cutesy like Kon, a disembody spirit, or another humid old man like Yamamoto--or many... even a WOMAN. DUN, DUN, DUN! But all kidding a side, I never thought we would see the Soul King, so I really do wonder what direction he will go. I kind have the feeling Kubo has no clue, so the Soul King's reveal will be pushed off for at least four to six chapters, but that's just me guessing.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:07   Link #1615
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

since Kubo is a troll, I think when Hikifune enters a battle, she will be changed to be a slim woman...

so far, we know that Zero Division consist of Hirako and Hiyori's former friend, Unohana's teacher, and former 12nd division member...
that's a good combination... I wonder who will be the Kudou-type...

as usual, I don't really like why they choose Renji and Rukia... Is it because of they're the main characters so the palace will grant them a new power? or just to heal them?
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:21   Link #1616
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Why are they taking Ichigo you ask? He's the main character. He needs an upgrade. Where else but the godly Zero squad people.

I'm alright with Renji/Byakuya/Rukia. Better than Sado/Orihimie/other dude that I can't remember.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:42   Link #1617
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

I like the fat guy, there's just something about him that ive taken an instant liking to, I hope to god they flesh out these characters, there like empty shells atm, they look good but there's no depth yet, but plenty of room to add some.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 16:44   Link #1618
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Have any cases in this chapter Unohana and put forward the words of his "mentor" he says Unohana, she would not care that he gifted but most of the Gotei endow it is ... his promises I thought that was the best Unohana is in domain and when they tell Unohana that she must not to cure them ...
Old 2012-11-20, 16:45   Link #1619
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I'm not really questioning why the Zero Squad is taking Ichigo and co. This will be training session part 1 of the arc. They will heal up Byakuya, Renji and Rukia; while that is happening off panel, the Zero Squad (or maybe even the Soul King) will tell Ichigo how to fix his Bankai. Then later, Byakuya and Renji will fix theirs as well, be it off panel or we see even a little bit of it.

To me, it's kind of obvious what direction this will end up taking, but I've been wrong in the past. But that makes the most sense to me. Then eventually, Ichigo will learn about his Quincy powers, but that's another training session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiisai Kuma View Post
I like the fat guy, there's just something about him that ive taken an instant liking to...
I have that same feeling toward him. He seems like a genuinely good guy. I'd hate for Kubo to try and make him into an Aizen or the bad guy from the Fullbringer arc. That twist has been abused too much.
Old 2012-11-20, 17:13   Link #1620
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

if it has been abused it will die, and just when we think were in the clear and kubo is actually writing well then.. BOOM! Zombie apocalypse of the plot twists! And its not a slow old fashioned shambling kind of zombie plot resurrection, its the kubo special super fast 28 days later kind of plot twist that will turn content fans into the moaning bitching people we turn into when kubo pulls one of his signature plot twists in less than 24 hours after the chapters release.

But unlike many of you, I am prepared for this zombie plot apocalypse, I've stocked piled Ao no exorcist, death note, the old bleach chapters manga, plenty of yogscast video's, and all the books of "song of ice and fire" series that i haven't red yet in my roombunker. Even if kubo does do i'll be to fixated on seeing arya starkk being the awesome little killing mashine she is to give a fuck about kubo.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Chiisai Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter