AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 14:05   Link #8641
Dr. Casey

Hell yeah. It's been a while since anything new was added to Comacanon.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 14:43   Link #8642
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Hell yeah. It's been a while since anything new was added to Comacanon.
Huh. I wasn't aware anyone actually missed my material.

Yeah, I've had a lot of new ideas while I was gone, probably on account of that 3-day GaoGaiGar marathon I had back in November, my newfound love of Super Robot Wars, and way too much diet coke. The MGLN Movie and watching Battle of Aces videos on Youtube probably had something to do with it too.

Anyways, first thing's first: Comacanon is hereby redubbed the SaintSverse after my latest StrikerS AU concept, MGLN SaintS. I had someone tell me way back before I left that naming my canon after myself is rather egotistical and I find I agree with that assessment. As for SaintS itself, details are on the way; I wanna try to get everything written down and make sure my thoughts are organized before I start taking criticisms, constructive and otherwise.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 16:17   Link #8643
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Alright, let's rock and roll. But before we begin, I want to make one thing clear:

StrikerS took the Nanoha franchise in a direction I didn’t really like by emphasizing the military and sci-fi aspects over the magical girl/super robot aspects, and it’s only gotten more serious and militaristic from there with the release of Force (ViviD notwithstanding). My goal with SaintS is to take the franchise in the opposite direction, playing up the magical girl/super robot aspects while not completely abandoning the universe that StrikerS constructed for us. To use a Super Robot Wars analogy, this is my attempt to create a Super Route to counter StrikerS’ Real Route, and while realism is still important to this series, it’s a secondary priority compared to maintaining a Super Robot-ish theme for the series. It may crash and burn or it may be the best thing to ever come out of Cadia – or it may never come out of Cadia at all if my track record holds true – but either way I’d like to see how this works. I won’t say this is StrikerS as it should have been done, but I will say that this is StrikerS the way I would have done it.

Spoiler for Wall Of Text:

That's about all I can think of for the moment regarding changes to the bureau. I'll go into the altered backstory of the main characters for my next post, but I'll wait a while for commentary before I keep going.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-02-09, 19:12   Link #8644
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
It's called sarcasm, ya dullard.
Old 2010-02-09, 22:56   Link #8645
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

And it translates horribly through text unless you know the other guy pretty well or emotes are involved.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-02-10, 00:24   Link #8646
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Well, let me decrypt that for you. "OH F**K, COMAR'S BACK. BETTER GET YOUR PAINKILLERS."
Old 2010-02-10, 00:25   Link #8647
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Arty!

If you're not caught up on project Magical Girl over at Fukufics, get over there. We have an artist.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 00:36   Link #8648
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
Well, let me decrypt that for you. "OH F**K, COMAR'S BACK. BETTER GET YOUR PAINKILLERS."
So nice to be loved. I knew there was a reason I came back here. Anyone seen Kero and Kha or whatever he's calling himself these days?

Quote:
Arty!

If you're not caught up on project Magical Girl over at Fukufics, get over there. We have an artist.
Hey tiger. Funny how it's you telling me to get over to fukufics now...

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-02-10, 00:51   Link #8649
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
And it translates horribly through text unless you know the other guy pretty well or emotes are involved.
I wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't start visiting the Nanoha forum until September, and by that point you'd already left, though I'm familiar with a lot of oldies since I've read some of the thread.

As for the introduction to the SaintSverse... the comparisons to Super Robot Wars were lost on me since I've never played the series, but the restructuring of the bureau sounds very interesting. Can you list what characters are involved with each group, the Terrestrial Forces or the two divisions of the Main Branch? I know that the majority of the Nanoha cast is probably fit for the elite Mobile Division, but I figure that you might place some characters within the other two, both for variety and to give the other two groups more exposure and development. Or are the group placements something that you're planning to include with your post about the altered backstories?
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 00:53   Link #8650
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Welcome back Corty <= Also not sarcasm
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 02:17   Link #8651
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Anyone seen Kero and Kha or whatever he's calling himself these days?
They eloped. Kha gave in to his urges and stopped denying his unadulterated passion for Keroko.
Old 2010-02-10, 03:14   Link #8652
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I'd never cheat on you Nya, you know that.

Terribly busy these days, and whatever's left of the free time I have is currently invested in Touhou and STO.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 03:14   Link #8653
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

What kind of a triangle am I involved in again?
Old 2010-02-10, 04:12   Link #8654
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The yaoi with traps kind. Also, egg drama.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 06:41   Link #8655
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
I'd never cheat on you Nya, you know that.
Oh shush, you. you're making me blush =3
Old 2010-02-10, 09:36   Link #8656
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't start visiting the Nanoha forum until September, and by that point you'd already left, though I'm familiar with a lot of oldies since I've read some of the thread.

As for the introduction to the SaintSverse... the comparisons to Super Robot Wars were lost on me since I've never played the series, but the restructuring of the bureau sounds very interesting. Can you list what characters are involved with each group, the Terrestrial Forces or the two divisions of the Main Branch? I know that the majority of the Nanoha cast is probably fit for the elite Mobile Division, but I figure that you might place some characters within the other two, both for variety and to give the other two groups more exposure and development. Or are the group placements something that you're planning to include with your post about the altered backstories?
I can give a few details but this is delving into the backstories post.

Most of the main cast is involved in Riot Force Six to one degree or another, most notably Hayate and most notably not Nanoha herself; Nanoha's not involved because the altered timeline caused her to have her injury a few years later than in canon, and she's still on enforced R&R. She'll still have a big role in the plot (Vivio needs her mama after all), but for the majority of SaintS she's going to be on the sidelines, mostly coaching the Forwards during training missions while someone else does the actual fighting. Fate, likewise, is also a part of RF6 but she's serving an intelligence-gathering role as an Enforcer rather than being a captain. Most of the information the heroes get about Jail's activities and backstory will come from her, and then she'll come back in time for the grand finale.

Replacing Nanoha and Fate as full-time captains are Suzuka and Arisa, known in the SaintSverse as the Hot Ice Aces. These two joined up with the bureau a bit after A's when Shamal ran scans on them at Arisa's request and discovered that they both had latent but very well-developed linker cores. Much ado was had about discovering three Ace-level mages in the same area (to which Arisa quipped that it's obviously something in the water).

There are a few original characters as well. Chief amongst these are the new Forwards and Kell "Tiger" Taiga, current head of the Mobile Divisions and Hayate's direct superior. I'll get into their backstories later on, but for the time being, think of Kell as a combination of Kotaro Taiga and Baran Doban.

Most of the other characters are still in their old units or the equivalents of them; Chrono is an admiral in the primary divisions, Genya Nakajima is doing his thing in the Mid-Childa chapter of the Terrestrial Forces, Regius is pushing papers in a big tower somewhere on Mid, etc. The most notable addition here is Teana, who isn't among the main characters but still gets a few cameo appearances when the fighting starts on Mid, and will have a role to play in the Cyborg showdown if I can swing it somehow. Caro and Erio, likewise, get cameos but aren't part of the plot. Subaru retains her position in the Forwards, however; she has a slightly altered backstory as a result of contact with one of the new Forwards. I'll get into this in the backstory post.

That's all that I've got planned for the other divisions for the time being.

Quote:
Welcome back Corty <= Also not sarcasm
Awww... you guys really do like me.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-02-10, 14:10   Link #8657
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Somebody just give me the word; I'm standing by with the Tactical Nuke.
Old 2010-02-10, 14:36   Link #8658
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Somebody just give me the word; I'm standing by with the Tactical Nuke.
Shhhh.... you hear that droning noise off in the distance? That's the sound of a preemptive strike.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2010-02-10, 14:54   Link #8659
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Come on people, at least the thread is moving again- for now.

*still thinking of releasing another profile before working back in Sectors 117 and 213*
Old 2010-02-10, 15:01   Link #8660
LimitedEternal
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
Come on people, at least the thread is moving again- for now.
Never thought I'd be nostalgic for the old four-pages-a-day. Ah well...

Page claim for...perpetual motion. Why not?
LimitedEternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content