AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-03-17, 01:57   Link #1
Alhazad2003

[PS2] Onimusha Warlords

Call me behind the times, but I just started playing this game barely a week ago, it was collecting dust before that. ^^;;

And I must say, once I got the hang of the controls, it was a pretty fun game. Still haven't found all the secrets, but perhaps on my next playthrough.

Spoiler for Confusing ending:

Once I find the second game, I'm definitely giving it a go, especially since it's supposed to be the best of the trilogy. Yay!
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 16:09   Link #2
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Spoiler for About confused ending:

Personally I loved the Onimusha series to death and I REALLY wish we had a HD collection of all 5 games including Blade warriors.

Onimusha 2 and Onimusha 4 were my personal favorites.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 17:17   Link #3
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazad2003 View Post
Call me behind the times, but I just started playing this game barely a week ago, it was collecting dust before that. ^^;;

And I must say, once I got the hang of the controls, it was a pretty fun game. Still haven't found all the secrets, but perhaps on my next playthrough.

Spoiler for Confusing ending:

Once I find the second game, I'm definitely giving it a go, especially since it's supposed to be the best of the trilogy. Yay!
Blade warriors explains all of this all hero scenarios are canon. villain scenarios none canon with some canon tidbits mainly marcellus entire story is explained from his days as a human
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-18, 17:45   Link #4
Alhazad2003

*reads the posts*

So it's worth getting Blade Warriors? Coolness, I hate unresolved or unexplained plot points, that and villains who get away in the end. So I'll look for Onimusha 2 and Blade Warriors, definitely. Should be fun, me likes.
Alhazad2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:36   Link #5
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I always felt Onimusha was lacking the relationship between Nobunaga and Samanosuke. They are former allies turned enemies yet they barely talk. I think even Jubei talked more to Nobunaga.
Old 2014-03-26, 20:53   Link #6
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I always felt Onimusha was lacking the relationship between Nobunaga and Samanosuke. They are former allies turned enemies yet they barely talk. I think even Jubei talked more to Nobunaga.
What are you talking about? They were never allies in the game at all. The most you see Samanosuke talk about him is in the direct beginning of Onimusha 1 with the opening cg with him saying "Nobunaga has made his move." Then he fights some troops that find him and he's never mentioned again. Then he fights him in Onimusha 3.
Old 2014-03-27, 08:03   Link #7
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
What are you talking about? They were never allies in the game at all. The most you see Samanosuke talk about him is in the direct beginning of Onimusha 1 with the opening cg with him saying "Nobunaga has made his move." Then he fights some troops that find him and he's never mentioned again. Then he fights him in Onimusha 3.
Yeah but isn't Samanosuke just the alias Mitsuhide Akechi, the one served and betrayed Nobunaga?
Old 2014-03-27, 22:41   Link #8
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Yeah but isn't Samanosuke just the alias Mitsuhide Akechi, the one served and betrayed Nobunaga?
No Mitsuhide was Samanosuke's uncle....He was also a character in Onimusha Tactics. You're right that Mitsuhide did work for Nobunaga for a time until he betrayed him. But no Mitsuhide and Samanosuke are NOT one and the same.
Old 2014-03-28, 03:19   Link #9
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Samanosuke's full name is Akechi Samanosuke Hidemitsu, which is this guy.
Old 2014-03-28, 09:53   Link #10
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
Samanosuke's full name is Akechi Samanosuke Hidemitsu, which is this guy.
Now I see.