AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-12, 00:24   Link #41
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I haven't read the manga but I thought the first episode was rather interesting.
Spoiler for episode 1:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 06:42   Link #42
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Spoiler for Episode 1:

Last edited by musume_no_hoshi; 2010-04-12 at 08:05.
musume_no_hoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 14:14   Link #43
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Hmm, shouldn't this thread be moved to the current series thread?
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 13:07   Link #44
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I havent read the manga in a while but I liked the pacing of the first epi, got into alot. Plus OH GAWD LUKA JUST TALK TO ME!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 13:13   Link #45
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I havent read the manga in a while but I liked the pacing of the first epi, got into alot. Plus OH GAWD LUKA JUST TALK TO ME!!
Luka's voice is just to die for...*squees and flails* Luka's being voiced by OnoD right? I've always liked his voice, not surprising that he was (and still is? ) the only seiyuu I can remember right. I wish Hijitaka was voiced by OnoD as well...not that the current seiyuu isn't bad, but it would be better.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-13, 13:16   Link #46
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
^ I know, too sexy XD.

Anyways, the first episdoe made me and my bff squeal, the best she has ever seen since Gravitation lol. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to the second episode ♥.
Old 2010-04-13, 13:50   Link #47
*reira*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Luka's being voiced by OnoD right? I've always liked his voice, not surprising that he was (and still is? ) the only seiyuu I can remember right. I wish Hijitaka was voiced by OnoD as well...not that the current seiyuu isn't bad, but it would be better.
Luka's voiced by Sakurai Takahiro .
Ono Daisuke will voice another character though .
*reira* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-13, 14:35   Link #48
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *reira* View Post
Luka's voiced by Sakurai Takahiro .
Ono Daisuke will voice another character though .
*slaps forehead* I guess I don't remember any seiyuu voice or name. orz A lot of Japanese voices sound so alike to me...argh. Gah, I give up. Bun, I'm a lost cause. I'll just nod to whatever I hear is pleasing to me.

But I definitely like Takahiro's voice.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-13, 15:50   Link #49
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
*slaps forehead* I guess I don't remember any seiyuu voice or name. orz A lot of Japanese voices sound so alike to me...argh. Gah, I give up. Bun, I'm a lost cause. I'll just nod to whatever I hear is pleasing to me.

But I definitely like Takahiro's voice.
Ill infect with my seiyuu fangirling Ive nearly got Sensei to rec voices.

Plus UraBoku as we've stated is a seiyuu buffet, I mean TakaSaku, OnoD, Miyano Mamoru, FukuJun can we get any better?? I like the guy Jun is voicing, his delievery at the moment reminds me of Shinra
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-14, 17:00   Link #50
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Checking out the voice cast for this series, and i seriously have no reason not to watch this. I mean you name it regarding top male seiyuu, and they have a role in this show . Plus it's on CR, which is helpful.

Will post thoughts after i check it out tomorrow.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-04-14 at 17:12.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 17:58   Link #51
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So I'll pose my question again since it was totally lost in this fan-girl-ing chaos :X.

Will a straight (i emphasize straight) guy who actually relatively enjoyed vampire knight, enjoy this series?

miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 18:07   Link #52
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So I'll pose my question again since it was totally lost in this fan-girl-ing chaos :X.

Will a straight (i emphasize straight) guy who actually relatively enjoyed vampire knight, enjoy this series?

Probably, heck I didnt enjoy VK and I like this. Dunno how you are with BL undertone but I know you liked Pandora Hearts and Im thinking Luka and Yuki's relationship might be a bit, a bit like Raven and Oz's its pratically canon . Though Oz and Yuki are kinda different. So yeah I think youll like it. And though I say BL undertone this series as stated isnt BL.

Edit: Also from the latest NewType

downloadable img here http://cutesherry.livejournal.com/40937.html
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-14, 18:16   Link #53
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

Hmm, I don't know. If relationships that seem a bit more than platonic between two males make you uncomfortable, then you might not like it. It's non-sexual thus far, but like KC said, it is rather intense. I guess, did the way the characters in 07-ghost play off each other annoy you? (if you saw it). But I think you should at least give the first episode a try, if you are unsure. You bolded "straight" in your comment, and I'm a straight female, and I like yuri stuff too, so, hard to judge. I give almost anything a try, except for pure fanservice stuff with nothing but milking titties.

This series reminds me of X: TV Series and I think that's about the amount of BL we'll get here, if I am to judge. Really moody, and the first episode really was in- your-face, no wasting time. I thought it was alright.

But the promo for the next episode was weird -- something about "hey have you seen the nail cutter?" "Wait, Luka, you cut your nails too?" "Even I cut my nails Yuki." "Ok be careful, eh?" "I'll be careful don't worry." ------>have no idea what that's about.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-14, 18:34   Link #54
achirist

There are actually many mature straight males secure enough in their sexuality to be able to watch and enjoy gay stories, so if you can't stand this, it isn't because you're "straight." The majority of anime is exclusively heterosexual, so there are plenty of alternative choices.

I rather liked the first episode; it reminds me to some extent of Loveless, an excellent gay-themed anime. I really like the main character, and I'm going to continue to watch.
Old 2010-04-14, 18:41   Link #55
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post

I rather liked the first episode; it reminds me to some extent of Loveless, an excellent gay-themed anime. I'm going to continue to watch.
The OP reminded me a lot of Loveless, espc the end where everyone is lying on the ground. Reminded me of the pic of Soubi and Ritsu.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-04-14, 21:44   Link #56
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
This series reminds me of X: TV Series...
Yeah, this reminds me of X too, especially with that XX tatoo on Luka's arm.

That nail clipping comment...since the OP shows he has fangs...I'm guessing Luka isn't human. And from the looks of things, Yuki's orphanage friend (can't remember his name) is waving a very clear evil flag.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2010-04-15, 14:19   Link #57
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i liked it....will probably keep watching.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-15, 22:03   Link #58
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Yeah, this reminds me of X too, especially with that XX tatoo on Luka's arm.

That nail clipping comment...since the OP shows he has fangs...I'm guessing Luka isn't human. And from the looks of things, Yuki's orphanage friend (can't remember his name) is waving a very clear evil flag.
Yeah, their conversation on the bridge cemented that he wasn't human, "his eyes are out of this world" or something like that. But that nail clipper promo is still really weird haha. If it was CR, I might of thought those were joke subs. Yeah, his friend wants to cleanse the earth, just like the guy in X as well. I wonder if this is really indeed an evil ends--but the employed means will probably be full of evil. I didn't notice the tattoo, that's funny lol.
Old 2010-04-18, 02:07   Link #59
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I like the guy Jun is voicing, his delievery at the moment reminds me of Shinra
Really? Not as different as Lelouch and Shinra...but they really sound quite different to me (especially if I think about how Shinra may have reacted to that scene...) Of course, the drama CDs may be influencing my impression here...

I was always going to try this simply because of the cast (or rather, Sakku) myself, but I quite liked the atmosphere that JC Staff created in the first half. Some of the last few scenes were a bit...melodramatic though.

That nail clipping preview...I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry yet...will wait to see what they come up with next week.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-18, 15:41   Link #60
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

The first episode's pacing distracted me, due to the melodrama, but this second episode made it make sense.

I am a bit surprised that CR picked up this title due to the BL undertones, but this is a great way to get people to get used to the naturalness of relationships that they are not otherwise exposed to, but only if they give it a try. I love the element of rebirth and reincarnation as it attaches to love -- it frames unorthodox relationships that make sense to an audience that would not otherwise understand how two people, whose love can be deemed unnatural by societal standards, can be quite natural. But with CR picking this up, I can't see them going too far with the BL. One step at a time, I suppose. Maybe people will start to understand that it's not boy love or girl love, it's just a love that is incessant and uncontrollable for someone else.

I don't know if his blackhaired friend without the glasses is the same guy that keeps rescuing him. I thought it was, but it's not so obvious. I thought his soulmate's name was Luka but it's Zess? IDK. A bit confused. Or maybe this blackhaired friend is the evil voice we keep on hearing.

This second episode was a great set up -- drawing the battle lines and outlining the players in very precise terms.

After seeing the voice over promo for the next episode, I get it now -- they talk about inane things like nail clippers and melon bread as comedic relief to the sullenness and Gothic mood. I didn't get it at first but now I do, lol.

I think I'll stick with this. I like Yuki a lot better now than I did in the first episode, but he needs to get over feeling sorry for himself. I don't really know why he's so depressed all the time and so concerned about his self worth and place in life when it is obvious there are so many people who want him around -- including all those kids at the orphanage.

Tags
romance, shoujo