AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 22 30.99%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 42.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.90%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 7.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-27, 20:51   Link #81
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
It's true that Hanyuu is giving her all at this time, but there isn't anything that suggests the they went back "much further" than it was shown, which is Hanyuu's transfer into the school. .
What about Hanyuu's rejection of Takano's offering and her physical manifestation to Keiichi's father? To me that suggests that Hanyuu at the least went back farther because she's abandoned her passive bystander role and knows that Takano is the bad guy, although she forgets when she takes physical form.
Old 2007-11-27, 20:56   Link #82
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEptUne View Post
Wouldn't she be in alert because Hanyuu did go demon on her when she first visited the town, and now the demon became a girl!
I don't think Takano saw what the presence she was communicating with actually looked like. Hanyuu has communicated with people before after all, and yet nobody had an accurate picture of what she looked like or even her sex in physical form.
Old 2007-11-28, 02:23   Link #83
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidj View Post
What about Hanyuu's rejection of Takano's offering and her physical manifestation to Keiichi's father? To me that suggests that Hanyuu at the least went back farther because she's abandoned her passive bystander role and knows that Takano is the bad guy, although she forgets when she takes physical form.
Keiichi's father scene isn't exclusive to Matsuribayashi-hen. Reason being Rika's loss of memory of Minagoroshi-hen, so we can't say Rika went back to make sure Keiichi come back for Matsuribayashi-hen. Rather, it's Hanyuu made sure that she played with Rika enough everytime that Keiichi will show up more.

Takano's offering in Matsuribayashi-hen is definitely after Minagoroshi-hen, but "Rika" wasn't shown to be there. This makes more sense if you consider the true nature of the Hanyuu's "reseting" power (mentioned in Saikoroshi-hen).

Besides, if Hanyuu really made "Rika" go back when Takano first showed up, you would think they would do something about her instead of waiting for all the events to happen again and wait until a week before the festival to set getting help.
Old 2007-11-28, 13:27   Link #84
Kanzaki Urumi

felt pretty good after watching this ep
Old 2007-11-29, 15:36   Link #85
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

geh, short and not really useful but heh...
Episode 20: Analysis

for some further thoughts, the episode was indeed very nice, though the tension wasn't at the climax with everything.
That said, it was good to see how they covered Ooishi in that episode, especially how it is a bit ambiguous with Akane. (where is kasai? maa... i guess he would be a better match with akasaka )
Old 2007-11-29, 17:17   Link #86
Davidj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Keiichi's father scene isn't exclusive to Matsuribayashi-hen. Reason being Rika's loss of memory of Minagoroshi-hen, so we can't say Rika went back to make sure Keiichi come back for Matsuribayashi-hen. Rather, it's Hanyuu made sure that she played with Rika enough everytime that Keiichi will show up more.
Rika's statement at the end of the episode suggests otherwise. She didn't just want him because life's more fun with the the butt-monkey around.
Old 2007-12-01, 13:45   Link #87
Seiryuu

Just thought I'd say something. With all the discussion, there's not much to say, but there's one spot that struck me. It may not mean anything in Japan, but when Hanyuu called Rena a "blue flame"... I don't know if it's only in America, but over here the term is sometimes used to describe a particularly odd, and colorful, way some guys find to deal with boredom.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Seiryuu; 2007-12-01 at 22:18.
Old 2007-12-01, 21:14   Link #88
MezzoDragon

Rena is odd. Does that count?
Closed Thread