AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-02, 08:41   Link #21
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
The one published in Kadokawa is the best imo. I prefer that style more.
Which one is that?

I really like the look of the one ZODDGUTS posted but theres a certain charm to the one we got atm, I think it's the "totally unfair upward glance and pout which no man can withstand"

And the other one doesn't look bad but by looks of it be alot funnier than other 2.
Old 2011-07-02, 09:21   Link #22
DarkFreedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Which one is that?

I really like the look of the one ZODDGUTS posted but theres a certain charm to the one we got atm, I think it's the "totally unfair upward glance and pout which no man can withstand"

And the other one doesn't look bad but by looks of it be alot funnier than other 2.
its the translated version
DarkFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 14:41   Link #23
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iren View Post
I lol'd at the first chapter though. Our poor hero didn't stand a chance. She's got the arguments, she's got the data, she's got the, ah, "looks," and she's got that totally unfair upward glance and pout which no man can withstand (a real life oft-used weapon, to be fair).
I, too, really REALLY loved the way the demon queen sold herself. Usually, when a character does this, they sound all arrogant and haughty, like some tsundere(usually BECAUSE its a tsundere), but the demon queen was very endearing, honest, and humble. No matter how angled her 'upward glances' were, I got the feeling that the hero would not fall for any trickery lightly, but he saw these elements in her behavior and decided to place his fate in her hands. It was actually quite romantic in a way.
frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 03:27   Link #24
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I, too, really REALLY loved the way the demon queen sold herself. Usually, when a character does this, they sound all arrogant and haughty, like some tsundere(usually BECAUSE its a tsundere), but the demon queen was very endearing, honest, and humble. No matter how angled her 'upward glances' were, I got the feeling that the hero would not fall for any trickery lightly, but he saw these elements in her behavior and decided to place his fate in her hands. It was actually quite romantic in a way.
I agree.
was really interesting as the first ch and I must admit I really like how the whole situation took place.
This will be one of those manga interesting to read especially thanks the interaction that there will bebetween the two protagonists.
I mean it is rare to see a demon queen with the hero, I just remember only one manga with a similar situation.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 15:55   Link #25
frubam
simp for Lyria

Spoiler for chap 2:
Old 2011-07-19, 16:07   Link #26
Johnny
Working the bags...

Spoiler for ch 2:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 00:40   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch2:

EDIT: You can now read the first two chapters of the Comic Clear version on their official website.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2011-07-20 at 01:12.
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 09:52   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

BTW, what's the correct english name for this series?
Old 2011-07-20, 16:55   Link #29
frubam
simp for Lyria

The whole "our family is full of curiosity" got me thinking(jokingly, mind you), what if all this was planned so that she could get close to a hero? Not to do anything sinister, but maybe to feel what it's like to love and be love, and that this whole scenario was to bait the hero into giving her an opportunity for these feelings.
Old 2011-07-20, 17:55   Link #30
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
BTW, what's the correct english name for this series?
I think there isn't an offical english name for it yet. Some are guessing that Maoyuu is a combination of Maou + Yuusha aka Devil Queen and Hero, but that's basically everything to it for now . The quote is the first sentence of the scanlation -> "Become mine, Hero!" "I refuse."
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-20, 17:57   Link #31
Zakoo

What happened?

It's like I breathed some fresh air, the setting isn't reallly original (similar to A-kun the sensou) but the drawings and characters are quite unique and nice.

Only two chapters but it was great owww, the maou is quite funny, whether she goes in her economical state or when she becomes deredere.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 12:41   Link #32
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
I think there isn't an offical english name for it yet. Some are guessing that Maoyuu is a combination of Maou + Yuusha aka Devil Queen and Hero, but that's basically everything to it for now . The quote is the first sentence of the scanlation -> "Become mine, Hero!" "I refuse."
Basically it's "The Demon Queen and the Hero".

BTW, i found the original flash manga that appeared in 2ch here.

Credit goes to TheVoidSky for translating it in english.

PS: A TVTropes page!
Old 2011-07-21, 14:36   Link #33
Xagzan

Bright and shining hero goes to slay the wicked demon queen in her dark castle--!

and gets a lecture in wartime economics and market theory?

Got my attention. Very unique blend of heroic idealism and more unfortunate pragmatism.

PS. Handlebars. That is all
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 14:39   Link #34
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
PS. Handlebars. That is all
Too bad the horns were just a prop

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-21, 14:49   Link #35
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Too bad the horns were just a prop
Noooo! In all versions then?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 12:52   Link #36
Xacual

Spoiler for Chapter 3 is out translated:

Also saw a raw for chapter 4...
Spoiler for Chapter 4:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 13:58   Link #37
Johnny
Working the bags...

Pretty decent chapter with dawww moments between the hero and DQ. Got to see some minor skills the hero has with the sword as well. The new credit page is a little spoiler as to what's to come I suppose...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:07   Link #38
TrueKnight

Chapter 3 made me wonder if the hero's truly gay. You have a hot bombshell who's literally sleeping at your lap and chest with her tits showing nearly more than half cleavage and he didn't even get a frickin boner. Either he's extremely well composed or he is gay. I hope it's the former.

They show the church on how it was when it was in the middle age. The church supported education and was promoting agriculture including welfare and they're hardly backward. The concept of the world was flat promoted by the church was nothing more than a myth, when in fact they supported the world was round theory from the early 1st millennia.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-13, 14:55   Link #39
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for ch3:

EDIT: Chapter 3 & 4 from the Comic Clear version is out from their official website.

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

I love the Comic Clear version, not only do the Hero and Demon Queen look better (and hot!), it feels romantic watching them together.
Old 2011-08-13, 15:13   Link #40
TrueKnight

Hmm..as for me I'm liking the current scanlated version best. The arts looks neat and the development + interaction between hero and demon queen = instant win.

Anyway on the story, the new character looks like a knight from a holy order formed within the church. I saw the resemblance between her and Agrias (FF tactics) or Saber (Fate) already. I guess maybe she and the heroes were former pals seeing that he’s also protecting the church from demons. I foresee a possible love triangle between the hero, demon queen and the knight woot. Also am I the only one who thought that the walrus general looked badass?
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, economics, fantasy, romance, threesome