AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 06:58   Link #7221
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Laura's chapter has reached 3200 words. To anybody who reads Daydreams, should I split it in two?
I'd say keep it in a single chapter to keep the fic's uniformity(one person per chapter), but seeing how you lay out the chapters I suppose splitting it into two makes it more bearable for the readers.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:09   Link #7222
Eratas123

@ Stratos - I just read your armor list, advice for you though.

Can you remove the second one's ability to be stored in a pendant? The main weakness of the Minerva is that it's not portable. Making it portable essentially removes it's one weakness.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:18   Link #7223
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
@ Stratos - I just read your armor list, advice for you though.

Can you remove the second one's ability to be stored in a pendant? The main weakness of the Minerva is that it's not portable. Making it portable essentially removes it's one weakness.
You mean the Minerva Kai? Sure I can opt it out. But I'll need to make a sketch such that it's still has the Fold Form. Thanks for the advice!!
Old 2011-11-11, 07:26   Link #7224
Eratas123

Fold form? Do you mean like Aka-Tsubaki's fold-out armor? If yes, then please give a VERY good reason as to why Inami has it. Ichika and Houki have it because they're one of the two people Tabane actually gives two shits about. She wouldn't give it to anybody else (Except Chifuyu)
Old 2011-11-11, 07:29   Link #7225
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

(currently stressed and drunk as all hell trying to think of somethign to write)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 07:29   Link #7226
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
You mean the Minerva Kai? Sure I can opt it out. But I'll need to make a sketch such that it's still has the Fold Form. Thanks for the advice!!
Maybe fold form is a GIANT briefcase where Minerva being easily stored in smaller places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
(currently stressed and drunk as all hell trying to think of somethign to write)
WHAT?! What happened?!
Old 2011-11-11, 07:30   Link #7227
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

While looking for source material, I discover songs for the St@rs:

Given their involvement in arenas, I felt [Totsugeki! Imperial Capital Defense] has a place in one of their songs. This gives me the song + dance moves!
Old 2011-11-11, 07:33   Link #7228
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Unable to watch video cos I'm using steam powered PC currently.

That aside, indeed sometimes music can inspire us to write.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:34   Link #7229
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Fold form? Do you mean like Aka-Tsubaki's fold-out armor? If yes, then please give a VERY good reason as to why Inami has it. Ichika and Houki have it because they're one of the two people Tabane actually gives two shits about. She wouldn't give it to anybody else (Except Chifuyu)
No no, the Fold form is actually the storage mode for the Minerva and it already has it since the beginning.

I took this idea from Mechassault 2, look up on the Elemental and the Battlearmor, they open up from the back for the pilot to exit from when not in use. The Minerva's Fold form works the same way.

As for the Proioxis, the negation of it's Fold form for a Closed form is the result of the Phase Shift.

This is a sudden revelation that the Iwaki Unit actually does have an AI program that self-evolves eversince the beginning of Athena Bouclier, the existence of the AI wasn't made known to even Inami himself until Phase Shift kicks in.

Tabane never had a hand at any of the said features. All she ever did was helping out Jinrai with improving the Minerva with better equipment, not even she knows that the Minerva has a learning AI in its core.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:35   Link #7230
Eratas123

Posted the first part of Laura's chapter for daydreams. i had to cut it since it was getting a bit too big.

@ Stratos - Self evolving A.I is usually a bad thing. They tend to end up trying to kill humans using very sharp pointy objects.

@ Meister - Are the St@rs numbers and Jobs still the same?
Old 2011-11-11, 07:36   Link #7231
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
No no, the Fold form is actually the storage mode for the Minerva and it already has it since the beginning.
Hey, I knew it and guessed it (dunno about briefcase-stuff though).

Quote:
I took this idea from Mechassault 2, look up on the Elemental and the Battlearmor, they open up from the back for the pilot to exit from when not in use. The Minerva's Fold form works the same way.
Oh, looks like I'm fail at guessing it...

Quote:
As for the Proioxis, the negation of it's Fold form for a Closed form is the result of the Phase Shift.

This is a sudden revelation that the Iwaki Unit actually does have an AI program that self-evolves eversince the beginning of Athena Bouclier, the existence of the AI wasn't made known to even Inami himself until Phase Shift kicks in.
Wait a minute...

EDIT: oh I see, don't mind me.

Quote:
@ Stratos - Self evolving A.I is usually a bad thing. They tend to end up trying to kill humans using very sharp pointy objects.
Hard truth of reality.......
Old 2011-11-11, 07:42   Link #7232
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
WHAT?! What happened?!
- Work. Stress. Lots of Sake and Barley Whiskey. You do the math. I get some crazy ideas while drunk, so it's worth a try...I can even sound somewhat coherent
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 07:42   Link #7233
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Posted the first part of Laura's chapter for daydreams. i had to cut it since it was getting a bit too big.

As I mentioned, not much is known about this mysterious AI program that resides in the Iwaki Next unit. All that's known is that it's been there eversince the Minerva was first developed.

It'll also be hinted somewhere later that...
Spoiler for AI:

Also, missed out another weapon on the Proioxis, it also has beam blade emitters on the ends of its feet. (Edited the initial post of the mecha's specs)

Since Inami engages Tsurugi in melee combat for almost all their training sessions, the A.I figured out Inami's melee combat proficiency and evolves the Minerva Kai into a battle-armor whose arsenal consists of energy blades almost entirely. XD
Old 2011-11-11, 07:44   Link #7234
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Hard truth of reality.......
Though that's usually because humans tend to attack it first or try to erase it. If they leave it alone it'd probably be content to not do anything.

@ Hawke - *Not old enough to drink yet*

@ Stratos - Oh God It sounds like another case of cargo ship.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:48   Link #7235
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
- Work. Stress. Lots of Sake and Barley Whiskey. You do the math. I get some crazy ideas while drunk, so it's worth a try...I can even sound somewhat coherent
Just drown your sorrows old man, maybe Char will appear in front of you after a couple more.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:51   Link #7236
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Just drown your sorrows old man, maybe Char will appear in front of you after a couple more.
I doubt it She's too busy sleeping in preparation for her daydream with Ichika.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:52   Link #7237
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
I see....

Quote:
Though that's usually because humans tend to attack it first or try to erase it. If they leave it alone it'd probably be content to not do anything.
This is false assumption....definitely false.....

"The AI does not hate you, nor does it love you, but you are made out of atoms which it can use for something else."
-Eliezer Yudkowsky

"When we create the first superintelligent entity, we might make a mistake and give it goals that lead it to annihilate humankind, assuming its enormous intellectual advantage gives it the power to do so. For example, we could mistakenly elevate a subgoal to the status of a supergoal. We tell it to solve a mathematical problem, and it complies by turning all the matter in the solar system into a giant calculating device, in the process killing the person who asked the question."
-Bostrom, 2002

But then again Stratos' A.I. are human-related, so it might undergo different evolution anyway.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:55   Link #7238
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:

@ Stratos - Oh God It sounds like another case of cargo ship.
With a mysterious person that lives on it without anyone else knowing?

You have no idea how surprised the couple are when the Minerva Kai just bursts into bright light in a middle of the training session, then out comes the Proioxis.

Quote:
But then again Stratos' A.I. are human-related, so it might undergo different evolution anyway.
The AI referred to herself/itself as Inami's 'Fighting Spirit' during their first conversation during Chapter 8. This means that the AI sees herself/itself as part of Inami, evolving according to his needs and overcoming difficulties he faces.
Old 2011-11-11, 07:56   Link #7239
Eratas123

@ Zero - it depends really. I've seen A.I's that are empathic and fully cooperate with humans as long as they aren't abused in turn. Besides, if something feels individuality then I consider it alive and treat it with a normal amount of respect.

To get back on topic. I'm wondering if I should write a more implicit scene at the end of Tatenashi's daydream. She's many things but innocent isn't one of them.

@ Stratos - Reminds me of Meister's Vandam imouto.
Old 2011-11-11, 08:06   Link #7240
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:

@ Stratos - Reminds me of Meister's Vandam imouto.
Oh my

And I also have plans for Tsurugi's IS. Though it'll be tricky since you said how Tabane wouldn't do stuffs for people aside for the three that's mentioned.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest