AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-02-01, 11:34   Link #31981
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
She's a chivalric figure to kids, maybe, but not Nanoha. Fate's the shy, reserved type while Nanoha is the open one. Fate would be too embarassed to do anything like that.

Well, I had pointed that out in hopes that people would post images of Nanoha being the assertive one but I guess no one has any
I don't think it's impossible for Fate to play either role. While reserved, she can be very outspoken when she feels like it. Look at how she comforted Nanoha when the antagonists stole Vivio from her. Her shyness mostly faded with A's, so now she's more the reserved, soft-spoken type. And StrikerS did nothing to make me think she wouldn't exert any effort in that "situation." The scene where Vivio fell down and Nanoha wanted her to get up by herself also comes to mind, as Fate took matters into her own hands when she couldn't stand the thought of Vivio on the floor crying anymore. You could even think of Fate as the doting father, while Nanoha is the serious, yet caring mother. Hypothetically speaking, of course.

Overall, Nanoha wearing the pants makes a little more sense, yeah, but I don't think the role is exclusive to her. Also, when nanoha is wearing the "pants" in fan-art, the image tends to be more NSFW...

Close enough, I guess.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:11   Link #31982
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
She's a chivalric figure to kids, maybe, but not Nanoha. Fate's the shy, reserved type while Nanoha is the open one. Fate would be too embarassed to do anything like that.
A's, episode 1 ending. Tell me that's not chivalric.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:14   Link #31983
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
A's, episode 1 ending. Tell me that's not chivalric.
Exactly like how Erio was when he saved Fate?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 13:23   Link #31984
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

What does Erio have to do with anything.
Old 2012-02-01, 13:25   Link #31985
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
What does Erio have to do with anything.
You forget how he grabbed Fate and held her at the end of StrikerS?

Old 2012-02-01, 13:27   Link #31986
rxrx

I think he means what does Erio have to do with the topic as the discussion is on who is the S and who is the M in the relationship of Nanoha and Fate.
rxrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 13:36   Link #31987
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxrx View Post
I think he means what does Erio have to do with the topic as the discussion is on who is the S and who is the M in the relationship of Nanoha and Fate.
Yes.

And do they really have to be limited to M and S relationship status?
If we're only referring to that, then Fate is definitely the M. I can't think of a single fan-art where Nanoha uses Fate to cure her M tendencies, while there is a ton of fan-art (and doujin) with those roles reversed.
But most of the time, it is not the female of the relationship who likes S&M play. :3
Old 2012-02-01, 14:20   Link #31988
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Somebody have that comic of the Force moment where Fate arrives to Nanohas rescue and then they start flirting and the Huckeshit is left equivalent to "..."?

I liked that scene so much in the manga, especially because Nanoha basically went in response to Fate protecting her.
Old 2012-02-01, 16:43   Link #31989
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Spoiler for size:
After a certain episode of MLP:FIM, I had a feeling you wouldn't let this comic idea go to waste.

Chimicherry, cherrychanga!
Old 2012-02-01, 17:58   Link #31990
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
The scene where Vivio fell down and Nanoha wanted her to get up by herself also comes to mind, as Fate took matters into her own hands when she couldn't stand the thought of Vivio on the floor crying anymore. You could even think of Fate as the doting father, while Nanoha is the serious, yet caring mother. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Bad example, I'd say. Fate went to Vivio in a "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!" fashion which goes to show how much of a softy she is. Nanoha was all "Be a man and suck it up, kid" which is very much a masculine, 'father' thing to say.

Quote:
Close enough, I guess.
Now that's more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Somebody have that comic of the Force moment where Fate arrives to Nanohas rescue and then they start flirting and the Huckeshit is left equivalent to "..."?
That's the Force Dimension for that chapter, which is the official parody manga. As such I wouldn't put much stock in its interpretation of anything.

I think the best canon example is in that one early chapter of Vivid where Fate's bathing and Vivio and Nanoha join her. Fate was pretty flustered when Nanoha came in while Nanoha acted like it was no big thing. Considering her character Nanoha isn't really one to realise she should be embarassed in such situations.

And then I see doujinshi (ex. most of Tokuharu's stuff) where Nanoha is being all melodramatic and doubtful of her relationship with Fate while Fate is the decisive affirmative one. It really should be the other way around.

Old 2012-02-01, 18:19   Link #31991
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Bad example, I'd say. Fate went to Vivio in a "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!" fashion which goes to show how much of a softy she is. Nanoha was all "Be a man and suck it up, kid" which is very much a masculine, 'father' thing to say.
But that is just a generalization of men. Not all men are like that and a lot of the time it is the guy of the relationship who spoils the crap out their daughter, while it's the mother who is more strict. "Daddy's girl" comes to mind. I think it's more the fact that Fate overruled Nanoha's judgement of the situation and took matters into her own hands that matters.

Ofc, I have no clue why I'm debating this, I quite like Fate as a female, tyvm.

Very nice images, btw.

Old 2012-02-01, 18:25   Link #31992
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
But that is just a generalization of men. Not all men are like that and a lot of the time it is the guy of the relationship who spoils the crap out their daughter, while it's the mother who is more strict. "Daddy's girl" comes to mind. I think it's more the fact that Fate overruled Nanoha's judgement of the situation and took matters into her own hands that matters.

Ofc, I have no clue why I'm debating this, I quite like Fate as a female, tyvm.

Very nice images, btw.

If I had to say, if they were married or in a similar situation, whether Fate or Nanoha wears the pants in the family...

I'd have to say Nanoha does.

But, anyway, Nanoha's completely clueless about things that embarrass other people...

Even after she found out about Yuuno, she invited him into the baths... Flat out told Erio she didn't mind him bathing with her... Joined Vivio and Fate in the bath, even though Fate was rather embarrassed by it...

And there's the whole issue of carrying Vita from the car, which, as we know, led to Vita trying to scream Nanoha's eardrums and brains out from embarrassment. (Everyone else around them had to cover their ears out of how painfully loud Vita can scream.)

So, yeah, Nanoha's quite oblivious about that stuff.

Old 2012-02-01, 18:42   Link #31993
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
Actually, if anything, Fate is more father like to Vivio than Nanoha. There's a lot of evidence to this, from strikers to Vivid. If that even means anything here.

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-01, 19:01   Link #31994
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
I quite like Fate as a female, tyvm.
Same here. Not only is making Fate the 'man' of the relationship shoe horning her into an outdated gender stereotype, why is she the man? Because she's tall? Appearences aside and shoe horning her into a more accurate outdated gender stereotype, she's very much a girly girl.

Old 2012-02-01, 19:29   Link #31995
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

Actually, I feel like daddies are usually more protective of their daughters than mothers.
Old 2012-02-01, 19:50   Link #31996
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

At any rate the issue was how Nanoha and Fate are with each other, not Vivio.

Old 2012-02-01, 21:36   Link #31997
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
But, anyway, Nanoha's completely clueless about things that embarrass other people...
It would be a hilarious death-shot to the shipping wars if Nanoha was asexual.

Though outside of a few jokes, I feel rather intolerant of unbelievably oblivious people.

I can see her knowing that Vita wouldn't like to be treated that way, but not really understanding or sympathizing; Nanoha stubbornly thinks that this will be the time that Vita realizes that getting upset about it is silly.

Being more inconsiderate than that runs counter to her friendliness.

Being thicker than that runs counter to her intelligence.

She's not stupid, and she's not a jerk.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 02:30   Link #31998
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
That picture is somehow both incredibly badass and somewhat horrifying at the same time. Those grins...
Old 2012-02-02, 05:45   Link #31999
itanshi1
Writer, Jester, MtG nerd

Send a message via AIM to itanshi1 Send a message via MSN to itanshi1
pretty cool there

(saw more there but i hear the dogs waking up, i best sleep)

In the future, mass produce sex bot type Raptor units!

Fear Anxiety Doubt is but a fad. The life of a fad depends entirely on the willingness to support it. Difficulty is a choice. Determination is a path. Your next great idea after your destination is the true goal.
itanshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 05:55   Link #32000
Arcc
Knight who says D'ni

Quote:
Originally Posted by itanshi1 View Post
pretty cool there

(saw more there but i hear the dogs waking up, i best sleep)

Bedrock Signum.

The crossover I never saw coming, never knew I wanted, and still don't know I want because it has left my brain more broken than the inanimate victim of Bamm-Bamm's latest tantrum.

Arcc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw