AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-11, 03:14   Link #262
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

^ Love the pics
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 06:26   Link #263
Heresiarch

Awww...just looking at this pic the moe-ish killed me. It's a wallpaper btw.

http://album.xmnext.com/Album/Upload...iah_QY_DDD.jpg
Heresiarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 07:20   Link #264
noob3d
馬鹿やろ

hehe "cat/fox girl" so hot ^^and those fluffy ears and tail are so irresistable
Old 2008-01-11, 07:57   Link #265
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

This is the 2nd anime that I've start collecting the character's girl long before I knew what anime/manga she is from

The 1st is the legendary Rider D:

Here to stay .. for Horo <3

I see CK already posted the pic from anime -chro D:

I predict that she gets very famous soon..
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 08:51   Link #266
Westlo
Lets be reality

Thanks for those pics CrowKenobi, you holding this thread down with the avvies and pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't see why it matters if so many groups decide to sub this. I guess it's good news!
In a way it's bad because some quality series will get ignored, think SaiMo Season 2 which has had 9 of um... 35+ episodes subbed? I was actually worried that this series might suffer that fate but that feeling was pretty stupid and wrong looking at these 4 releases for episode 1.

Don't get me wrong I'm all for choice.. but sometimes there's just too much. I've got a feeling that the current Noitamina show "Hakaba Kitarou" is going to get ignored and who knows by tomorrow there could be 6 different groups who have released episode 1 of this.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 09:12   Link #267
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Don't get me wrong I'm all for choice.. but sometimes there's just too much. I've got a feeling that the current Noitamina show "Hakaba Kitarou" is going to get ignored and who knows by tomorrow there could be 6 different groups who have released episode 1 of this.
Yeah, and don't forget that even previous Noitamina show is stuck at episode 6 (5 by the other group). And it's only a 11, shorter than usual, episode series...

Well at least this is a quite decent show, despite the premise (I have to thanks all the good feedback about manga and novel before the air date or I would have never watched this one) so I guess I only have to choice the group I like the most, for now.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 12:32   Link #268
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Yeah.... so much energy being directed at one series means other series will go lagging. OTOH, I'm fully aware of how hard it is to work on a series you're not excited about.

More people need to step up and learn the skills if they want to see their favorite series subbed.
Old 2008-01-11, 12:41   Link #269
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Yeah.... so much energy being directed at one series means other series will go lagging. OTOH, I'm fully aware of how hard it is to work on a series you're not excited about.

More people need to step up and learn the skills if they want to see their favorite series subbed.
Yeah honestly have to give great props to those who do fansub series. Certainly not an easy task to learn that kind of language. Have taken some early classes on it and it's pretty tough.

Something more on topic. All the love to Horo .
Old 2008-01-11, 13:00   Link #270
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 13:29   Link #271
TrueKnight

Only the 1st Ep and already approaching 300 posts. This show is just screaming for its own sub-forum D:
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 13:43   Link #272
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Some more quick Horo avys and one sig:

. . . . .

All for the taking!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 13:58   Link #273
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Actually, I'd like to grab several of the avvies to make a sequential banner-style .sig. Other people could still use them for avvies. I like them as a .sig idea because they're shorter in height and show a variety of expressions. Most .sigs tend to be too tall for my taste though its hard to turn down your sig offering there :P~~~

Something like that -- though I'll pull it into one .sig image file. Let me know if that's an issue, anyone.
Old 2008-01-11, 14:08   Link #274
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Actually, I'd like to grab several of the avvies to make a sequential banner-style .sig. Other people could still use them for avvies. I like them as a .sig idea because they're shorter in height and show a variety of expressions. Most .sigs tend to be too tall for my taste though its hard to turn down your sig offering there :P~~~

Something like that -- though I'll pull it into one .sig image file. Let me know if that's an issue, anyone.
No issue here!!

Old 2008-01-11, 14:14   Link #275
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ooh thanks.... um, could I replace the "vexx" with the phrase "Impossible to turn down"?
Old 2008-01-11, 14:20   Link #276
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
ooh thanks.... um, could I replace the "vexx" with the phrase "Impossible to turn down"?
How's this?

EDIT: another version with smaller text:

Old 2008-01-11, 14:24   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The translations of the title are pretty varied. The Japanese "Ookami to Koushinryou" means literally "Wolf and Spice(s)". I think the idea is that Wolf is Horo and Spices is Lawrence.

But the official site gives an English subtitle of "Spice and Wolf," so that's what the English anime world is using. And there are Chinese sub groups giving it a subtitle of "Spicy Wolf" or "Spicy and Wolf."

I think "Spice and Wolf" is a good official standard, but "spicy wolf" describes Horo pretty well. Reminds me of Shugo Chara, where the heroine Amu is "cool and spicy."

I hoped earlier that this could become a signature role for Koshimizu Ami. Based on the first episode, and reaction to it both here and on 2channel, it looks as if that might be happening.

On 2channel, they are only on their fourth thread (3000+ posts), but reaction to Amisuke's performance is almost uniformly positive. One guy did say that he felt her voice was not sexy enough, but he liked the performance anyway. Another said this proved how skillful she is as a VA.

For comparison, Gunslinger Girl 2 is on its ninth thread; true tears on its sixth; H20, Shigofumi, Rosario and Kimiaru on their 5th. But this show must have some special popularity: it already has an anti- thread. Posters there are mainly saying that the manga is un-anime-izeable, that it will be boring, and that the voices are unsuitable for the characters, especially Fukuyama Jun's voice.

We'll see how things go. But episode one was good. There is a thread on 2channel asking which is the #1 character in the new season. There are only three nominees so far: Rahzel (Kobayashi Sanae) in Hatenkou Yuugi; a character called Chiipapa in Noramimi; and Horo. I've seen Hatenkou Yuugi, and Rahzel is an excellent character, too.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 14:26   Link #278
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Plenty of Horo avatar material going around --- i couldn't help myself but change.
Old 2008-01-11, 14:34   Link #279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@CrowKenobi: many thanks.... of course, this is one reason I never get better at avvies or sigs.... the pros are always faster
Old 2008-01-11, 14:39   Link #280
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Watched the first episode and i have to say - i am honestly impressed with the show. I didn't know what to expect from the series, but ended up very pleasantly surprised. The concept and setting comes like a breeze of fresh air and peaked my interest from the very start.

I find the characters likable and interesting and the story seems promising. Can't really say much more at the moment, but i thi8nk this show has impressed me the most from the new season. Definitely something to keep an eye out for.

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen