Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-07, 02:47   Link #1
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Vampiyan Kids Discussion. Watcha think?

It was just released by my group. So I was wondering, watcha guys think of the first episode.
Old 2004-06-07, 03:03   Link #2
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
It was just released by my group. So I was wondering, watcha guys think of the first episode.
Has anyone actually downloaded the entire episode yet?

I always assumed that with so few seeders and so many leechers it would take hours to get an episode.

I'm going to end up downloading it, then I'll tell you what I think.
Old 2004-06-07, 03:39   Link #3
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubomi Koneko

I always assumed that with so few seeders and so many leechers it would take hours to get an episode.

About 60+ people have finished downloading it. It's our first sub so...(whatever we is there anyone)...hopefully people like it.
Old 2004-06-07, 07:30   Link #4
Koshiba

Send a message via AIM to Koshiba Send a message via MSN to Koshiba
I just watched it, I thought it was cute. xD Nice first release. Something I hadn't even heard of before. ^_^ Though with the subbing, sometimes I felt that there was too much text at once if you know what I mean. ^^; Anyways, keep up the nice work. It's cute, I'll keep following it. ^^
Old 2004-06-07, 08:00   Link #5
schoko

I dunno if I like it... I've got the incredible, unbelievable, super-high amount of.... 1 percent! Can you believe it?^^
(just kiddin)
Well, Is there a possibility to produce files that are alittle smaller?
*returns to torrent*
bye^^
schoko
Old 2004-06-07, 13:51   Link #6
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsubomi Koneko

Well Chibi is a little on the inpatient side :P he had to be the one starting the topic hehe
Old 2004-06-07, 18:52   Link #7
Soulfang
Inactive Member

This release skipped QC. I have halted distro of the torrent, V2 should follow shortly (later tonight or tomorrow)

Sorry about that, we're striving for quality here and that release did not provide.
Old 2004-06-07, 23:54   Link #8
Mad_Baka

Send a message via AIM to Mad_Baka
i'm downloading it right now i'll tell ya how i feel about it tomorrow
Old 2004-06-09, 05:36   Link #9
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Okay now.

I'd read about the series before, I think around when it first came out, so probably in Animerica magazine.

Personally, I felt ashamed for watching something with such goofy looking characters. (The father just bugs me.) but that only lasted like... through the opening animation. (I really like the opening song, I need to check if there's a single.)

Going on, I'll probably follow this series since it is kinda cute. I just have a little problem with some things not being subbed. Small things, but then again, I'm used to watching anime where every little things is subbed. Sometimes even sighs. And personally, the part literally subbed as "Are? Are? Hora!?" when the father was in the trial was a little bothersome.

Otherwise, since it's the first thing that your group has done, it's very good. A lot better than I could do seeing as how I have no idea how the subbing process goes anyway. And it's nice to see a group doing an anime that noone else has done yet. (Since most people go after the newer things, leading to so many subs of one anime.)
Old 2004-06-13, 07:55   Link #10
xentron
Typesetter

Vampiyan Kids

Well i just saw episode 1 of this anime.

I kinda like the humor and story thats behind this.
Even though this is a sort-of kiddie show, i would still recommend people watching it :P
Only thing that bothered me is that the charcater designs looked so "cheap".

One other thing, the OP has a great song, got me hooked on immediatly :P

So i would say, this is another good anime to watch if you don't mind it's a sort-of kiddie show
Old 2004-06-13, 14:05   Link #11
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Thanks for the comment ^^ but http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=15042
Old 2004-06-13, 16:40   Link #12
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

i'm sorry but this is the first anime i ever had to stop in the middle of...i didn't like it...
Old 2004-06-14, 10:30   Link #13
Access

Thanks for doing something that was too scarey for any other group to do. Some of us like the scarey stuff, it is appreciated.
Old 2004-06-14, 12:40   Link #14
xentron
Typesetter

Whoops, i didn't see this thread O.o;;
Oh well a mod probably moved mine into this one.

BTW, i can't wait for ep2 to be released
Old 2004-06-14, 13:46   Link #15
zepher

Absolutely wonderfull anime!
I've been waiting andd looking around for this one for years! so have a lot of people that i know, but we couldnt find anything about it.
Only info we found was on the Production-IG site.

It's a great show, Sue is cute as a button. Cant wait for the next ep
Old 2004-06-14, 14:15   Link #16
FarthingRedFox

ChibiGoku

your fansub is super kewl

hope to see more from your group (Parappa, Kaiketsu Zorori) soon
Old 2004-06-14, 23:34   Link #17
Tofusensei

Send a message via AIM to Tofusensei
^^

I remember this show! I have some eps of it on video tape! I never knew what it was before, haha

Anyway, as far as the fansub went, it wasn't bad!! Biggest gripe I had with it was the encode. The IVTC job done was really bad. See all that interlacing artifacts and skippiness during scrolling scenes? That is not supposed to be there. At all.

Also, there were some frames that played corrupt-like on my box, which was kinda weird. I haven't had mpeg4 glitches like that on any other encode for as long as I can remember. Did your encoder use xvid 1.0? O_O;; Strange!

Anyway, that's all I gotta say!

There were some editing stuff that could have been better, but you'll all improve with more experience

-Tofu
Old 2004-06-15, 07:58   Link #18
Tsubomi Koneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tofusensei
^^

I remember this show! I have some eps of it on video tape! I never knew what it was before, haha

Anyway, as far as the fansub went, it wasn't bad!! Biggest gripe I had with it was the encode. The IVTC job done was really bad. See all that interlacing artifacts and skippiness during scrolling scenes? That is not supposed to be there. At all.

Also, there were some frames that played corrupt-like on my box, which was kinda weird. I haven't had mpeg4 glitches like that on any other encode for as long as I can remember. Did your encoder use xvid 1.0? O_O;; Strange!

Anyway, that's all I gotta say!

There were some editing stuff that could have been better, but you'll all improve with more experience

-Tofu
I didn't have any problems like that, unless their version 2 is bad in some spots. Are you using FFDshow or whatnot? It's got a whole buttload of codec things in it that might fix the problems. (If they are computer related.)
Old 2004-06-15, 10:08   Link #19
xentron
Typesetter

Well it is true, there are alot of artifacts at the beginning, just right after the opening and just before you see the castle.
But it was only at that scene so i had no real probs with it.
Old 2004-06-22, 22:13   Link #20
Judo
Lazy Turtle

Send a message via MSN to Judo
Well, when I first saw the art in the opening, I was like, "why the hell did I even download this thing?", but after seeing the whole thing, I really like it ^-^

It's kinda cute and funny, and it also made me want to see all those kiddy anime showd that I used to watch as a kid ^^;

anyways, nice work, and you've got a really cute project here, hope to see more eps soon =D , keep it up ^^
Closed Thread