AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-25, 17:26   Link #2661
Somnus
Eh?

^ Ha ha ha. C'mon now, Mashiro's not so bad himself. The guy's been pretty straightforward about everything he does too.

Though I honestly couldn't agree more with the reactions about Miho. For a character who's been out of the action for the majority of the manga, she's been making up for lost time (and character points in my book) pretty damn fast.

As usual, can't wait to see where this all goes.
Old 2012-02-25, 20:44   Link #2662
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Looks like their reputation might take the downhill path again. More matured fans might understand, but there seems to be a higher number of crazy fans compared to the sensible ones.
Taking the honest road may seem noble, but perhaps for the sake of others and your career maybe sometimes its better to not tell the truth. Just saying.
Old 2012-02-26, 05:33   Link #2663
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ashirogi Muto might be alright. I don't think their fans are the crazy stalker kind.

Azukyun's, OTOH...
Old 2012-02-26, 09:29   Link #2664
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ashirogi Muto might be alright. I don't think their fans are the crazy stalker kind.

Azukyun's, OTOH...
Last week's chapter did show Reversi volumes getting burned, but nevertheless, I agree it won't be too much of a problem for them. I'm sure a large chunk of their fanbase don't give a damn about Azukyun.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:27   Link #2665
Sixth
Hu Tao

Next chapter. Mashiro got ambushed by otakus and got killed by them in the process.
Old 2012-02-26, 10:30   Link #2666
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Last week's chapter did show Reversi volumes getting burned, but nevertheless, I agree it won't be too much of a problem for them. I'm sure a large chunk of their fanbase don't give a damn about Azukyun.
Yeah. I'm sure there's some overlap, but how much? Also, are the book burners real (ex-)fans, or just guys who bought books just to burn them? (thanks for your patronage, guys...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Next chapter. Mashiro got ambushed by otakus and got killed by them in the process.
Thus pushing Takagi into becoming the dark super hero Bakuman? Otaku criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot. By taking the mantle of the baku (and what the hell is a baku?)
Old 2012-02-26, 10:46   Link #2667
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
^it comes from bakuhatsu which means explosion / explosive i believe
Old 2012-02-26, 11:18   Link #2668
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
how? at most there is going to another arc but this as close to the end as this series has ever been.
Here's what I think Ushio the Omega was thinking:

Worst case scenario,Miho doesn't get the role because of this,so the dream doesn't come true,you're back to square 1 and they'll have to make another manga that gets another anime adaptation (by that time things will have calmed down).
Of course with 2 mangas running they wouldn't be able to start another one right away.

Of course I suspect that won't happen and Miho will get the role.
Old 2012-02-26, 16:27   Link #2669
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

Worst case scenario,Miho doesn't get the role because of this,so the dream doesn't come true,you're back to square 1 and they'll have to make another manga that gets another anime adaptation (by that time things will have calmed down).
Of course with 2 mangas running they wouldn't be able to start another one right away.

I kind of want that situation to come true. All three are summarily kicked out of the industry for the act, and start from scratch with indie webcomics under a different pen name. Hattori quits to join them.

Come on, tell me that's not awesome.
Old 2012-02-26, 23:06   Link #2670
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
You, sir, are a genius.

It'll turn Bakuman from this vaguely conservative from noobs-to-pros saga into A Daring Indictment of the Stagnation of Japanese Society or some deep, irrepressibly epic shit.

But it's never gonna happen. It's not like Ohba and Obata don't already make it obvious they really, really don't like the crazy stalker fans. They're not going let them win. Not to mention, I don't think these two really know how to even create a proper Alternative Manga saga, given the mess that was the Nanamine arc.
Old 2012-02-27, 03:58   Link #2671
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
You, sir, are a genius.

It'll turn Bakuman from this vaguely conservative from noobs-to-pros saga into A Daring Indictment of the Stagnation of Japanese Society or some deep, irrepressibly epic shit.

But it's never gonna happen. It's not like Ohba and Obata don't already make it obvious they really, really don't like the crazy stalker fans. They're not going let them win. Not to mention, I don't think these two really know how to even create a proper Alternative Manga saga, given the mess that was the Nanamine arc.
Nanamine's situation is a really contrived and unrealistic perspective, though. It looked like Ohba and Obata aren't really into portraying him and just quickly put together some villain, and he just fell by the wayside. Nobody else in Team Fukuda had any contact with Nanamine, so by extension he's not really a threat.

Talking about alternative manga production from the main characters' perspective though would be interesting. Ashirogi would have to reinvent a lot of things they've built up over the past 8 years from scratch, and win where Nanamine abjectly failed.
Old 2012-02-27, 08:56   Link #2672
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post

I think she'll get the role too, otherwise that would mean the otakus "won" this round, since they would have successfully managed to delay their marriage for another 2-3 years at the very least.
Old 2012-02-27, 15:55   Link #2673
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I kind of want that situation to come true. All three are summarily kicked out of the industry for the act, and start from scratch with indie webcomics under a different pen name. Hattori quits to join them.

Uh... I think Bakuman itself will have to go indie if they want to write a story where Jump is portrayed as an unnecessary has-been that kicks artists out for no good reason....
Old 2012-02-27, 16:15   Link #2674
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I think she'll get the role too, otherwise that would mean the otakus "won" this round, since they would have successfully managed to delay their marriage for another 2-3 years at the very least.
or they get married regardless. With that announcement Miho's career is pretty much over. There is no 2-3 yrs for her make it back.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:15   Link #2675
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
I hope so.

I really want the next chapters to be all about Miho, I mean she's supposed to be one of the main characters yet she pretty much got set aside from long ago. Heck, even Aoki has a bigger role and more airing time than her so far. Not that I hate it though, she make a good match with Hiramaru, but I want to see more Miho and Mashiro.
Old 2012-02-27, 16:33   Link #2676
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
or they get married regardless. With that announcement Miho's career is pretty much over. There is no 2-3 yrs for her make it back.
Not gonna happen. They're too stubborn to do that. That would make their years of waiting pretty pointless too.
Old 2012-02-27, 17:01   Link #2677
amasposu

Quote:
In real life, Miho's announcement would very likely have cost her her career. But in a manga like this, I'm sure she will be fine.

Look at Nanamine's arc. If Nanamine's arc can turn out the way it did, then Ohba can basically make anything happen. I personally see them getting married and continue being a voice actress and mangaka.

Quote:
Not gonna happen. They're too stubborn to do that. That would make their years of waiting pretty pointless too.
I'm not sure if I misunderstood you but if they are too stubborn, then it makes more sense that they get married anyway. If they are too stubborn, then their actions wouldn't be swayed by the media and the otaku's.

In any case, we are all speculating. Let's wait and see which of direction Ohba will set for us. =)
Old 2012-02-27, 17:54   Link #2678
Excelion

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
In real life, Miho's announcement would very likely have cost her her career. But in a manga like this, I'm sure she will be fine.
Yeah, probably. Everything seems to work out for the main protagonists in this series in the end. Only real cases I can think of are just losing to Eiji and the hospital incident which allowed the authors to extend the plot. There's far too many positive vibes in Bakuman to expect anything too detrimental to their careers.
Old 2012-02-27, 21:19   Link #2679
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Which is why Miho will get the lead role and they will get Married.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisui View Post
depends on how much the Author wants to go into fantasy. There is no realistic way to salvage Miho Career as VA at this point. She could go with profession acting then maybe do some VA work as a side.
Old 2012-02-27, 22:49   Link #2680
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Aren't you guys overestimating the otaku hatedom a bit?

I mean, not everybody in Japan is a nutjob, right? Quite a few voice actresses have to deal with this shit, and they're still around and popular. It's just that the "don't care" fans don't usually speak up in anger in return (they don't have anything to rage about).
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen