AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 18.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 14.08%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-28, 02:22   Link #61
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Eh? Seriously? I barely even recall seeing him. (´∀`;)
The curse must be messing with someone's memories...
By the megane, I mean the megane that was featured this episode and not the one who died to her umbrella. Before this episode, the guy who died seriously had more camera shots pan to him than her.
Old 2012-02-28, 02:45   Link #62
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post
As soon as that damn boat came on scene I was loling so hard XD Man it was like a train just racing along! I did not expect a death scene in this episode, until the storm came a brewin'
I don't want to suspect or read the suspicions in case they are right and ruin the surprise.
Glad they didn't eat the cute fish ^-^"

Next episode looks like some epic zombie time ^-^
If they ate the fish there would have been another fatality since it's a puffer...
Old 2012-02-28, 03:02   Link #63
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oohh, Azawa looking quite seductive there, and Reiko, I think this episode was an excuse for them to have some fanservice and PA works to show that "Zomgz we can draw" BGM was strangely droning and boring. It feels more like a Hana Saku Iroha epsiode with the people dying, though that show could have used some people dying.

Mei's acting a little bit more lively and moe since people started paying attention to her and they might as well find ways to entertain themselves and get away from this mess. But it goes wherever you do, and they really need to leave this town. Some things you really shouldn't talk about. I mean every time you talk about the plot, someone dies! Geez. And random motorboat out of there. Yea, eh... I'll miss you, whoever you are.

It was okay, but just feels too out of place. 6/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-02-28, 03:11   Link #64
Aesthetic Shampoo

Shit, that was intense. I had to force myself from looking at the girls too much because i knew they might get painted in red soon People say this felt forced, but i thought that the mood was set instantly (that truck seen...then everyone relaxing. Idiots, you don't relax in a horror ) And as soon as Reiko and the dude started talking, you knew something was gonna happen. The storm of course only confirmed that. Yeah, Mei was a bit useless this episodes though, unless that sandcastle scene counts as relationship development. It wasn't much, but still. One small gripe, the motorboat. They should have added a jump scare and just have it hit the guy instead of showing the boat running along, that took away from the scene a bit. Before the boat showed though...damn. My heart rate actually doubled.
Old 2012-02-28, 04:26   Link #65
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Meh, I know anime loves their fan service beach episodes but it totally did not feel appropriate for this series (even counting the ending).

At least next week's looks much better.
I feel the exact same way, some people keep saying the episode was tense but I personally didn't feel any of it. I did enjoy the Sakihabara and Mei moments (obviously) and I was laughing when the red shirt guy was about to die but those were the only highlights of the episodes for me.
The rest of the time I was simply bored.
Old 2012-02-28, 04:50   Link #66
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ok, let me get a few things straight.

1: I don't think moving out of the calamity's range would change your memory back to normal. If it were that easy, the mystery would've been solved LONG ago.

2: Supposing that to be true, that still wouldn't fix Reiko and that other guy's memories about 15 years ago, since that particular memory alteration was caused by graduation (IE, the muddled memories are due to their memories being 'reset').

3: Ok, all the theories about the calamity's range can be thrown right out the window. Either the calamity's range moves around like other people suggested, or... well I dunno. At least I like how the mystery isn't over yet.

4: Unless confirmed otherwise, I'm going to stick with Librarian Guy's explanation that these deaths don't happen on purpose.

5: Hot Countermeasures girl is hot.

6:
Spoiler for Mei:
Old 2012-02-28, 05:50   Link #67
Allium
Keep on keeping on

This is probably the weakest episode of the series so far, but it seemed as if the beach scenes were meant to serve as a breather, looking at what's coming up next in the preview (well, I wouldn't call the entire thing a breather - that tank, that horrible death...). While a majority of this episode's time was taken up by the characters interacting, some clues and hints about the phenomenon were dropped, such as the conversation between Reiko and Matsunaga.

So, judging from Nakao's gruesome death at the end, it looks like the calamity can occur after Yomiyama after all. My theory is that the calamity depends on the presence of the Another, so one of those present for the trip is the Another. If that's the case, then our candidates for those being the 'Another' have been narrowed down to Kouichi, Mei, Akazawa, Reiko, Matsunaga, Mochizuki and the bespectacled girl.

The preview frightens me. Well, could be another of Kouichi's nightmares, but still it was just plain horrifying...

I didn't know Ko Otani composed the score! I like the soundtrack and sound direction so far. The calm version of the 'episode-preview-theme' this episode was surprisingly pleasant to listen to.
Old 2012-02-28, 05:52   Link #68
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think the "Breather" scenes were meant to lure the viewer into a false sense of safety.
Old 2012-02-28, 05:52   Link #69
Qikz

I really enjoyed that episode but I really hated the death scene.

Why the hell, even without the curse being there did that guy swim that far out to sea for a BEACH BALL? I didn't want him to die/anyone to die but if you're going to die at least do it for something worth while. Leave the bloody beach ball and stay safe away from all sharp/falling/dangerous objects and survive, don't swim out to sea!
Old 2012-02-28, 05:53   Link #70
Oyashiro

Was anyone else sure they'd decide to just leave Mochizuki buried in the sand while they left for lunch? I thought the tide would naturally roll up and drown him, and then the others would come back and think it was the Calamity and start making new, false assumptions
Old 2012-02-28, 06:36   Link #71
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
Was anyone else sure they'd decide to just leave Mochizuki buried in the sand while they left for lunch? I thought the tide would naturally roll up and drown him, and then the others would come back and think it was the Calamity and start making new, false assumptions
I definitely feared for his life. If he died his cute sister would be sad.
Old 2012-02-28, 06:50   Link #72
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
I definitely feared for his life. If he died his cute sister would be sad.
If he survives the year, Yuuya-kun will likely become one smooth playa. If you guys haven't noticed already, he seems to prefer sexy older women like Mikami-sensei and, in this episode, he was all but hitting on Reiko.
Old 2012-02-28, 07:07   Link #73
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but it has to be said...

Spoiler for going there:

Anyway, that was a good episode. But really that guy should've known not to go out into the sea like that. Clearly not very Genre Savvy.
Old 2012-02-28, 07:49   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Did you really have a sense of security? I was on edge the whole time, waiting for something terrible to happen. It's one of the tensest anime episodes I can remember.
I did. I was on edge up until they successfully managed to leave Yomiyama unscathed (the car scene was very tense), after which I felt as relieved as them when nothing happened at all. The subsequent scenes showing everybody carefreely playing at the beach helped me relax even more. Seeing the girls in swimsuits might have helped lower my guard down, too... I only remembered I was watching an episode of Another when Matsu showed up

Another factor that removed a lot of the tension was that we knew from the start who would die. It was either that girl with the glasses or the other guy (total redshirts, indeed), neither of which I cared about. Their sole presence there granted everybody else immunity.
Old 2012-02-28, 07:50   Link #75
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

I thought the scene of the tanker overtaking their car was going to be the most tense moment of the episode, after all the preview from the last episode shows that this episode will be just the normal beach episode, where it is normally used as a slight break from the plot.

But that boat was nice, a new nice boat scene. Swimming that far out for a beach ball ain't worth it though.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:34   Link #76
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

More and more I'm having a hard time watching this show, because as time goes on, more and more I'm liking Izumi. Thing is, no one has set off more death flags than her, and every episode I have the dreaded feeling that it will be her last. Every episode she doesn't die I breathe a sigh of relief, but all it does is increases her chance to die the next episode.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2012-02-28, 09:39   Link #77
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... time to haul ass back to the school and turn the damn building upside down to find the solution.

Of course in the end I do hope they find the cause of the calamity and not simply stop it.
Old 2012-02-28, 09:48   Link #78
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyashiro View Post
I worried about him drowning too.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-28, 09:49   Link #79
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Did anyone else enjoy seeing Izumi smiling and even laughing? She may be the serious one, but she's still human.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:33   Link #80
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but it has to be said...

Spoiler for going there:

Anyway, that was a good episode. But really that guy should've known not to go out into the sea like that. Clearly not very Genre Savvy.
I think Nakao wasn't much accustomed to swimming in the sea, as opposed to using the school pool, so he didn't saw that boat coming, all too focused on getting the damn ball back.

If I could remember correctly, at more popular beaches in Japan, usually the local officials lay in a safety line with brightly-colored floaters so that swimmers can see that they can't venture out too far (and also act as a warning for passing boats and watercraft to stay a distance away from the shoreline), as well as posting full-time lifeguards to look after. But in this case the local beach is used sparingly, with no safety line and holidaymakers are on their own and thus responsible for their personal safety.

Tags
beach episode