AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-22, 15:17   Link #4081
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I find Yuri to be utterly annoying. I really loathe her. While it's bad if Goudo doesn't care about what he does and becomes a tyrant, don't you think that having someone nagging at you all time even for things you don't do is fucking annoying? And if he does something he'll just be accused of being a tyrant, when what Yuri does is borderline asshole victim. Goudo isn't omnipotent but she always nags about the damage he causes, in order to save the day...
I hate the character type too and we've all seen enough quite a few of them they can't fight themselves but repeatedly backseat drive and monday morning quarterback the protaganists batttles.

Quote:
The History Committee is a bunch of jerks who try to manipulate Goudo. The fight with gods in Japan mostly occur because of the 3rd party (he brought gorgonian there in vol. 1, but that's all). That bitch Kaoru always talks in a way to make Goudo feels guilty. Akamatsu is a very shady person as well.
I'm thinking Godou needs to really do something about them.

Quote:
Well, peeping doesn't sound too dangerous unless they have video camera to film (they deserve to die then). I think Erica is being too harsh on peeping while being too soft on them trying to hurt Goudo. As long as she doesn't deem as life danger, she'll let Goudo be beaten up and watch at how Goudo can solve the situation.
To be fair though I don't think Erica was trying to bring the whole building down on them either it was old abandon building accidents happen when you lurking around in places like that.

Quote:
Erica doesn't seem to care about the damage, but she and Liliana usually bring those up to tease Goudo, which Goudo can't deny he's not responsible. But Goudo doesn't seem to grow a spine to say to them that the damage done at that is already fortunate compared to letting gods wrecking more havoc.
Yeah but it seems like Godou realizes that they aren't really angry and knows that he is being teased and that's not really such a bad thing if your close to someone.

Quote:
It's true Ena was possessed by the sword, but she was the one who started the whole thing. Susano-ou might give an order to her, but she gladly accepted it, and went totally overboard. She didn't receive a harsh punishment because her power is valuable too. Talk about how those in power always act irresponsibly.
I'd agree Ena bares some responsibilty but not nearly as much as you seem to think did she go to far sure but the whole getting possesed thing was an unitentional and when most of the damage was done. Also to be fair the History Compilation Committee shouldn't punish her afterall they knew there was risk of her power going out of control and her being fully possessed but they still used her as Hime-Miko besides I'm pretty sure Godou is a big part of why she ulitmately was let go.

Quote:
Necessary evil!? Well, at least he's not someone with well-intentioned mindset. It's like he has to choose 2 choices, between leaving things alone and left the world destroyed, or intervening and save the days, at the cost of some property damage from the fight. I think that the term necessary evil doesn't do what Goudo does justice.
Might wanna tuned down the claims of nobility a little Campione or not he's still basicialy human so keeping rogue gods from screwing with natural order of things on a large scale does benefit him too. Also it has been shown he enjoys the fights with the rogue gods and other Campiones even if he does regert the destruction caused in the aftermath.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 15:22   Link #4082
erdii

thanks alot for the information zzhk
Old 2012-09-22, 16:01   Link #4083
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Might wanna tuned down the claims of nobility a little Campione or not he's still basicialy human so keeping rogue gods from screwing with natural order of things on a large scale does benefit him too. Also it has been shown he enjoys the fights with the rogue gods and other Campiones even if he does regert the destruction caused in the aftermath.
Umm. So he should melancholily fight against god while preparing to get scolded for the damage afterwards? It's really unhealthy, you know?

Of course it benefits him if he defeats the heretic gods to prevent more catastrophes. But he's not someone who'd ask something in return. What if he fails into despair because of something and simply gave up fighting to save the day? Would you always say that it benefits him to fight god because he'll be affected by the catastrophes the gods do if he does not fight so there is no need to be grateful for him?

I'm grateful for the Allied for winning WW2 although they cared so little about the Asians like me during that time. They dropped the bomb anywhere near Japanese base and a lot of innocent people killed or lost their home. But it's far better than being conquered by the fanatic Japanese Imperial Army during that time. We almost had no means to fight against the Japanese then...

Of course, I think that the Allied probably didn't care about our life that much... But we stood no chance against the Japanese during that time and could only hope the Allied would get rid of them for us. It'd be much more worse if we were to fight against the Japanese by ourselves. Approximately 30M people were killed by Japanese during WW2, most of which are Chinese (according to Chinese claim). I don't know what would happen if the Allied just simply decided to abandon us to face hell alone, like they did to Poland...
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:15   Link #4084
Kadi
知識の探求者

To get a break from kleeyok's endless bitching (seriously, why do are you still here if Campione annoys you so much?):

I LOVE the girls. Most of all Yuri, Erica, Liliana and Ena. Oh, wait, that's all of them.

Yuri is badass in ways the other girls can't begin to match and it's too adorable when she teases Godou. They have a really nice chemistry going on between them and reading it just makes me smile.
Erica is badass and the way she gets jealous when the other girls get close to Godou... it's just cute. She loves him, it shows, and it's awesome.
Liliana is badass and the fulfillment she gains from being around Godou just makes me smile. And her. That's greatness of character.
Ena is badass and believe it or not, even more badass. Her badassness took the cake at first, Erica took it from her, and then Ena took it back tenfold and added a cookie on top. She may have received the least changes in character over time, but she doesn't even need to change. She's okay the way she is and once she does change... I might fall fer her all over again.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:20   Link #4085
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ Sorry Kadi, I kind of agree with you but I kind of can't agree fully...

I don't hate this series either. It's just that the irony of the characters' action kinda make me think that it's weird...
Old 2012-09-22, 16:22   Link #4086
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
To get a break from kleeyok's endless bitching (seriously, why do are you still here if Campione annoys you so much?):

I LOVE the girls. Most of all Yuri, Erica, Liliana and Ena. Oh, wait, that's all of them.

Yuri is badass in ways the other girls can't begin to match and it's too adorable when she teases Godou. They have a really nice chemistry going on between them and reading it just makes me smile.
Erica is badass and the way she gets jealous when the other girls get close to Godou... it's just cute. She loves him, it shows, and it's awesome.
Liliana is badass and the fulfillment she gains from being around Godou just makes me smile. And her. That's greatness of character.
Ena is badass and believe it or not, even more badass. Her badassness took the cake at first, Erica took it from her, and then Ena took it back tenfold and added a cookie on top. She may have received the least changes in character over time, but she doesn't even need to change. She's okay the way she is and once she does change... I might fall fer her all over again.
Don't take it personally, Kleyook bitches about absolutely everything.

I totally agree about everything you say about the girls, though I've been thinking lately that I'd really love to see some developments in their relationships with each other, particularly Erica and Lili and Erica and Ena.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:28   Link #4087
Kadi
知識の探求者

I don't take it personally, but it's gotten annoying how we return there every other page when I think it's unfounded in the first place.
Old 2012-09-22, 16:33   Link #4088
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ Sorry, I just realized that I was bitching too much about this.

Although I still think that my opinion about the characters' behavior in this series is not wrong.
Old 2012-09-22, 16:34   Link #4089
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
^^ Sorry, I just realized that I was bitching too much about this.

Although I still think that my opinion about the characters' behavior in this series is not wrong.
You're entitled to your opinion so don't worry about it. Though stepping onto one of Kadi's landmines is another story.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 16:47   Link #4090
Kadi
知識の探求者

I'm not that bad, am I? *yandere smile*

Quote:
Can we just say it was not wrong?

(I share your misgivings about the early volumes and especially how Godou acted there, but considering how much I love the later volumes...)
Old 2012-09-22, 17:15   Link #4091
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

It is wrong now because the casts have all undergone character development.

You see, the characters improve. There's character development in this series, but some characters seem to point out the fault of others which they previously have without thinking back how they used to be (Erica and Bianchi, Lucretia and Alec, any campione against each other). Goudo seems to realize the irony himself though.

And soon we'll see the irony how Shizuka telling Goudo that he's gonna grow up to be like the grandpa (which Goudo responds he'll never become someone like Ichirou) while she herself will just grow to be like her mom (which she'll just respond "I'll never become someone like her").

The whole Kuzanagi family can just excuse themselves with "It's not my fault that I'm popular!".

The examples of something like this can be found in this LN. I even think that the author purposefully wrote it like that...
Old 2012-09-22, 17:22   Link #4092
XFire
150% done

Quote:

Sorry, but did you switch these two? Because I don't remember Yuri teasing Godou. If it wasn't a switch, could you point to the scenes you meant? Because Yuri bullying Godou sounds like fun...
Old 2012-09-22, 17:28   Link #4093
Kadi
知識の探求者

Nope, no mix-ups there. Yuri teases and it's the best thing in the world. Not translated though.
Old 2012-09-22, 17:41   Link #4094
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Nope, no mix-ups there. Yuri teases and it's the best thing in the world. Not translated though.
Wow, talk about character development. From scared to tsundere to Yamato Nadeshiko, and now to tease.

She didn't get zapped with the same spell Godou did, did she?
Old 2012-09-22, 18:35   Link #4095
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
You're probably referring to this.
Sweet thanks dude, btw love the sig

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 22:40   Link #4096
XFire
150% done

Just watched episode 12.

Ahahaha, the Youth scene was nice. But what's up with the sudden deviations?
Old 2012-09-22, 22:53   Link #4097
Yye1
Wide Right

well, i guess they r doing an anime ending

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 23:04   Link #4098
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I love a certain goddess too. Maybe even more than those 4.
Old 2012-09-22, 23:09   Link #4099
Insane
Banned

Just wondering. In episode 12 Godou calls Susanoo "Haya Susanoo Wo Mikoto". Is it Susanoo true name? (I thought this name never mentioned in the LN)
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-22, 23:11   Link #4100
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Just wondering. In episode 12 Godou calls Susanoo "Haya Susanoo Wo Mikoto". Is it Susanoo true name? (I thought this name never mentioned in the LN)
Add Take to the first part and replace the Wo with no, you get Takehaya Susanoo no Mikoto. That is the proper and full name of Susanoo.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem