AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-07-06, 04:24   Link #3681
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Watching youtube comments on the new HD episode about how Kira survives is hilarious, when SEED Astray already answered that like a few years back...
Astray isn't in SEED HD, not everyone cares for the non-Anime stuff. The fact of the matter is that the series poorly explained how Kira survived(by not explaining at all) and had to use a side story to fill in such an important blank. A side story almost all western viewers have not even heard of nor care for.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:28   Link #3682
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Are you really surprised? Kira is still in the spotlight and Strike Freedom and Destiny are beating the crap out of each other on box art for games like SD Gundam G Generation and SRW when they get in. Seed Destiny has constantly been plastered in those games with usually Strike Freedom or Destiny used to represent the series. Kinda hard not to still be popular when they're still very relevant to many different media sources.

Than there's the HD Collection that renewed SEED popularity and since Kira pilots the Strike Freedom later it helps keep it popular. After all, why settle for the old Freedom when the Strike Freedom is everything the Freedom is but better?
Errr Freedom fighting style is different... (They only look same).
(Freedom have more have more power, better engine and faster )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 04:50   Link #3683
Destined_Fate

No, the Strike Freedom is better than the Freedom in every way and unlike the Freedom the Strike Freedom was personally worked under the eye of Kira who had gotten a feel of the pros and cons of the Freedom and which he liked and disliked. After all, the Freedom wasn't the ultimate Gundam. Not by far. The Destiny, Infinite Justice, Legend, and Strike Freedom easily surpass it. The Impulse as well since it at least was up to date while the Freedom had been resting in a hangar for years on end and still used old tech.
Old 2012-07-06, 06:21   Link #3684
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The Strike Freedom was never ONCE damaged by any other MS. That should tell you something right there. It's the Superman of the Gundam series. WAY too overpowered, and nigh invincible.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 06:27   Link #3685
Destined_Fate

It did appear late and didn't get anywhere the screentime as the Destiny Gundam. Don't forget that they went right to the finale of the EFA arc that Kira and co. weren't even a part of. Besides, Rey is no Raul. Rey was supposedly very skilled yet he's never shown to fight onpar as Shinn or Athrun let alone Kira. And since Shinn and Lunamaria were busy fighting Athrun... Yeah.

So there was literally no one else, since Athrun took Shinn and Lunamaria out of the picture, that could come close to touching Kira and his Super Gundam, that he helped make, by the time Destiny was coming to a close. Just Rey and a bunch of grunts which isn't saying much considering how easily he defeated Rey.
Old 2012-07-06, 09:48   Link #3686
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Astray isn't in SEED HD, not everyone cares for the non-Anime stuff. The fact of the matter is that the series poorly explained how Kira survived(by not explaining at all) and had to use a side story to fill in such an important blank. A side story almost all western viewers have not even heard of nor care for.
More importantly, because of Sunrise's policy of "only animated works are considered canon" when it comes to Gundam, as well as not written by Fukuda, Morosawa, or anyone on the Seed/GSD writing staff, the Astray mangas are, at best, relegated to "secondary canon".

Speaking of which, is this the proper canon level, with the newer works taking higher priority:
  • Primary: Seed (original/HD), Seed Destiny, GSD Final Plus
  • Sub-Primary: The TV Movies of Seed and GSD, Stargazer
  • Secondary: The Astray mangas
  • Tertiary: Seed/GSD manga adaptations, GSD: The Edge, Suit CDs
Old 2012-07-06, 13:24   Link #3687
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
More importantly, because of Sunrise's policy of "only animated works are considered canon" when it comes to Gundam, as well as not written by Fukuda, Morosawa, or anyone on the Seed/GSD writing staff, the Astray mangas are, at best, relegated to "secondary canon".

Speaking of which, is this the proper canon level, with the newer works taking higher priority:
  • Primary: Seed (original/HD), Seed Destiny, GSD Final Plus
  • Sub-Primary: The TV Movies of Seed and GSD, Stargazer
  • Secondary: The Astray mangas
  • Tertiary: Seed/GSD manga adaptations, GSD: The Edge, Suit CDs
So Crossbone is non canon?
B- but but...
Noooooooo
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 13:59   Link #3688
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Crossbone is in that gray area of canonicity by Sunrise's standards.

That said, the only ones who really give a shit about Sunrise's standards is Sunrise.
Old 2012-07-06, 17:25   Link #3689
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
The Strike Freedom was never ONCE damaged by any other MS. That should tell you something right there. It's the Superman of the Gundam series. WAY too overpowered, and nigh invincible.
To me Kira didn't look invincible, I thought he simply didn't have any worthy opponents.. In Seed he was up against Raw, The best pilot from CE. Who was he up against in Destiny? Ray? That's just insulting.

There were plenty of strong and interesting characters from the Seed / Destiny side stories that Fukuda could have used as Kira's main opponent. Kira's brother for example, he at least had a good and personal reason to fight against Kira. But in the end it had to be Ray.
Old 2012-07-06, 18:07   Link #3690
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Crossbone is in that gray area of canonicity by Sunrise's standards.

That said, the only ones who really give a shit about Sunrise's standards is Sunrise.
I only use their canon rule for stuff I don't like.

Like Crossbone Gundam.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 18:23   Link #3691
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
To me Kira didn't look invincible, I thought he simply didn't have any worthy opponents.. In Seed he was up against Raw, The best pilot from CE. Who was he up against in Destiny? Ray? That's just insulting.

There were plenty of strong and interesting characters from the Seed / Destiny side stories that Fukuda could have used as Kira's main opponent. Kira's brother for example, he at least had a good and personal reason to fight against Kira. But in the end it had to be Ray.
Do you think that the Shinn-Kira duel is still not finished?

The final duel could have been Destiny vs. SFreedom, and Legend vs. IJustice and Akatsuki.

I know that Shinn defeated Kira in their first encounter, and the second encounter at Orb probably ended in a draw. Kira would still win round 3, but it wouldn't be a flawless victory, and both suits would be heavily damaged.

The way I see it, Luna would get involved, but after she gets Savioured by Kira, Shinn would be motivated even more.
Old 2012-07-06, 20:04   Link #3692
kakakka

Quote:
Sadly, no side-story people gets to animated series.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 20:40   Link #3693
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
I remember that Yzak's girlfriend, okay scratch that, his secret admirer, Shiho Hahnenfuss appears in Destiny (watching the monitor when Gil announcing the 'destiny plan') and at the end of Destiny Special Edition (looks surprised when Lacus hugs Kira) though .
Old 2012-07-06, 21:05   Link #3694
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, but Shiho's less that and more one of those "celebrity guest stars". But since she doesn't get voiced in the show, they don't have to kill her off.
Old 2012-07-06, 21:15   Link #3695
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, but Shiho's less that and more one of those "celebrity guest stars". But since she doesn't get voiced in the show, they don't have to kill her off.
Well, the point of my reply to kakakka is that: Shiho is from the manga/side-story and is indeed got to the animated series.

That would be sufficient, no?
Old 2012-07-06, 21:16   Link #3696
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Maybe. All I'm saying is the only reason she DID make it from side-story to animation is because she's a celebrity guest star, and you know how well that worked out for TM Revolution...
Old 2012-07-06, 21:24   Link #3697
monster

Yeah, I believe one of the SEED/Destiny OP/ED singer was offered a role to be Shiho's voice, but she declined or something.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:34   Link #3698
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
The Impulse as well since it at least was up to date while the Freedom had been resting in a hangar for years on end and still used old tech.
lol no..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Do you think that the Shinn-Kira duel is still not finished?

The final duel could have been Destiny vs. SFreedom, and Legend vs. IJustice and Akatsuki.

I know that Shinn defeated Kira in their first encounter, and the second encounter at Orb probably ended in a draw. Kira would still win round 3, but it wouldn't be a flawless victory, and both suits would be heavily damaged.

The way I see it, Luna would get involved, but after she gets Savioured by Kira, Shinn would be motivated even more.
Shinn VS Athuren was better, because they actually knew each other. The Kira vs Shinn thing was a little too one sided, it never really took off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
It really is sad. The side stories have a ton of great characters and interesting plot elements that could have been used, for instance, as sub plots to make secondary characters like Kira and Lacus more interesting.

Imagine if those comic relief characters from the Seiran family were replaced by the more ambitious and relevant characters from the Sahaku family.. It would have made Destiny so much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Yeah, I believe one of the SEED/Destiny OP/ED singer was offered a role to be Shiho's voice, but she declined or something.
Nami Tamaki.. It's kind of weird that she declined.. Her career took off because of Seed. (She was a contestant in a star search competition by Sony music and the winner got to sing the third opening song for Seed)

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-07-06 at 21:56.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:37   Link #3699
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I remember that Yzak's girlfriend, okay scratch that, his secret admirer, Shiho Hahnenfuss appears in Destiny (watching the monitor when Gil announcing the 'destiny plan') and at the end of Destiny Special Edition (looks surprised when Lacus hugs Kira) though .
Ah, cameo appearance. Well, I am just throwing my thoughts to kaito-kid's line about side story characters being in the TV series story/plot. My wording turned out a bit general, I guess.

Quote:
Imagine if those comic relief characters from the Seiran family were replaced by the more ambitious and relevant characters from the Sahaku family.. It would have made Destiny so much better.
Yeah, the Sahaku's have better looks and characters than the Seiran's.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 21:53   Link #3700
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Also, Imagine if they actually animate Lowe saving Kira. That would fill a big plot-hole
of the anime series.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep