AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-12-06, 19:05   Link #241
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im still loving the series i really like Hino she seems to have good insight into people. Plus her character is just cool. Im pretty sure that she is going to use a chopin piece for the Concours. I think that would impress a few people if she did that. I also hope that she finds a good guy in the series they are plenty of them to choose from.

However im very intrested in the guy who showed up the end of episode 4 playing the violin for the crowed of people and he also seems to know Hino
Old 2006-12-06, 19:08   Link #242
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morikawa Yuki View Post
This is providing that she wins the competition, right? And don't tell me that piece is called La Corda d'Oro
nope, the piece I'm referring to isn't the Kin-iro no Corda piece, but another one ^^ The Corda piece is part of the songs you could readily practice and place in the last part of the competition

there's also a Harukanaru Toki no Naka de piece
usagijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 19:14   Link #243
Kaitou Icery
Shadow Dreamer

Send a message via AIM to Kaitou Icery Send a message via MSN to Kaitou Icery Send a message via Yahoo to Kaitou Icery
I love this series a lot. And though parts may seem like a typical shoujo series, the music is what I think separates it from other series since to my knowledge, I haven't seen a series that's has the music like this. ^^ I have a fansite for this series, though I still have a LOT to add to it; I'm getting there though. Musical Secret

I'm not liking the name of the site at the moment, so I reeeally wanna change it. Check out the site for more info. ^^

If there's anything that anyone wants to contribute (or wants to help in any shape or form), please let me know. :3
Kaitou Icery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 19:20   Link #244
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im still loving the series i really like Hino she seems to have good insight into people. Plus her character is just cool. Im pretty sure that she is going to use a chopin piece for the Concours. I think that would impress a few people if she did that. I also hope that she finds a good guy in the series they are plenty of them to choose from.

However im very intrested in the guy who showed up the end of episode 4 playing the violin for the crowed of people and he also seems to know Hino
that's Ousaki-senpai ^-^
I don't think this is much of a spoiler, so here's some description of him..

he's already graduated from Seisou Gakuen, and was also part of the concours before... he visits the school during MWF (based on the game ^^; as he is the school orchestra's OB (I was thinking that means being the manager of the orchestra or something, though I'm not sure... someone please enlighten me as I am not quite familiar with this.. >.<)

Hihara is part of this orchestra, as we saw in episode 8 that he forgot to inform Ousaki-senpai that he won't be able to attend practice because of the music camp

He's a minor character in the game, even though you could also have an ending with him.. hehe ^^;; In the manga, he also doesn't show up much, but when he does, it's as if he's some kind of angel or something (the way he plays exhibit a warm and gentle feeling, as he also believes in the 'music is supposed to make people happy' "motto" )
Old 2006-12-06, 19:26   Link #245
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
They might be able to pull it off in Corda, though. In Harukanaru, the focus was more on action (that game was more of an RPG after all), while Corda focuses more on characters. Corda also has like half the characters Harukanaru has, yet still has the same amount of episodes, so everyone is much better developed. And the story is written much more clearly. ^^
yup~ the characters and their relationship with the main character is well-developed in Corda, so I also think they could pull it off ^^

Quote:
What would be ideal for me is that if the anime plays toward a main romance ending (with Tsukimori or Tsuchiura), then gives alternate ending bonuses for fans of other pairings. That way we'd get a complete romance story, and the unsatisfied people can get their couple of choice on the side.
I'm pretty sure that would work, and I could imagine it ending up in a series of Drama CDs.. hehe :3 pretty much like those in other games (like Mizu no Senritsu for example) where there's a special CD for each and every character, where each have those alternate bonus endings for every character
or perhaps it'll be omake endings in the DVDs, like HaruToki

[/quote]
I also hope they'll make chibi-style gag bonus movies (like they did for Angelique and Haruka), too *crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

yeah~ I'd love to see that in Corda~~ especially the side story where they all switch up >o< I'm pretty sure it'll sell well to fans, so it's likely that they would do that ;D

Last edited by usagijen; 2006-12-07 at 00:59.
Old 2006-12-06, 19:30   Link #246
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagijen View Post
you could always opt for raws / chinese subs.. hehe
but I find it much much more difficult to understand Ghost Hunt (even with the chinese subs), since all those exorcism and ghost-related terms are not common (unless you're really into those stuff =__=)
Can't understand chinese either

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inujun View Post
lol, yeah I guess its common sense in anime that if a guy looks like his mum, he will be a bishie
So I guess animes say that Dad's aren't pretty . I kind of thought Tsukimori's dad looked quite handsome for someone his age.

Quote:
I have a feeling this anime will be heading more towards the Tsukimori ending though, although they can easily still pull off an "everybody is still friends for the moment" ending
I'm hoping for a definite "hitch-with-a-guy" ending than an open-ending (most preferably with Tsukimori - eh, but you guys have probably got that figured out by now ). I didn't mind too much with Ouran's open-ending because I felt the show was strongest as a group then one alone. To have <what's her name> from Ouran go with a single guy felt like the "group of friends" thing is a bit lost. BUT I feel an open-ending for La Corda isn't proper because this show hints a lot on the possible romance between Hino (and basically Tsukimori or Tsuchiura) - so to leave it open feels incomplete. Besides, Ouran is the only series that I tolerate an open-ending.

Quote:
hats off to SMS~ ^^
And a standing ovation...especially from someone like me who is completely clueless to Japanese.

Quote:
and it should have an ending with Hino paired up with a guy so they could show that special ending in the game when you get to have the guy's love/rival ending
Spoiler:
Oh...how I would love to see that...especially if the ending is with Tsukimori.

Just an aside, I found it really funny when Fuyuumi spoke while standing next to Shimizu. Those two are so much alike especially in the way they talk, which is slow. Can't imagine having a conversation with both of them...probably have to wait an hour for Shimizu to finish one thought and another for Fuyuumi.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 19:32   Link #247
Morikawa Yuki
Aspiring Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Icery View Post
I love this series a lot. And though parts may seem like a typical shoujo series, the music is what I think separates it from other series since to my knowledge, I haven't seen a series that's has the music like this. ^^ I have a fansite for this series, though I still have a LOT to add to it; I'm getting there though. Musical Secret
That's a nice site you got there. Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Pfft. I hate the straight pairings! Gimme my YAOI!!
LOL, yaoi fangirls just crack me up. I can just imagine those Tsukimori x Tsuchiura, Tsuchiura x Hihara, Hihara x Yunoki fanfics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
Just an aside, I found it really funny when Fuyuumi spoke while standing next to Shimizu. Those two are so much alike especially in the way they talk, which is slow. Can't imagine having a conversation with both of them...probably have to wait an hour for Shimizu to finish one thought and another for Fuyuumi.
There were some moments between Fuyuumi and Shimizu in the game.. although I really do not know what their interaction is centered around.
Morikawa Yuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 19:37   Link #248
usagijen

Quote:

I'm not liking the name of the site at the moment, so I reeeally wanna change it. Check out the site for more info. ^^

If there's anything that anyone wants to contribute (or wants to help in any shape or form), please let me know. :3

nice site~ ^^
I think you can pretty much pick up bits and pieces from the forum to supplement those anime episode info section (as we discuss about the anime-manga counterpart from time to time ^^)

as for the title suggestion, the name 'Symphony / Melody of Romance' springs into my mind at the moment... o.o;; or "A Secret Symphony / Melody'... >.>;; or perhaps that text in PreSage's sig, 'A Hidden Melody'
Old 2006-12-06, 19:48   Link #249
Kaitou Icery
Shadow Dreamer

Send a message via AIM to Kaitou Icery Send a message via MSN to Kaitou Icery Send a message via Yahoo to Kaitou Icery
Quote:
I'm hoping for a definite "hitch-with-a-guy" ending than an open-ending (most preferably with Tsukimori - eh, but you guys have probably got that figured out by now ). I didn't mind too much with Ouran's open-ending because I felt the show was strongest as a group then one alone. To have <what's her name> from Ouran go with a single guy felt like the "group of friends" thing is a bit lost. BUT I feel an open-ending for La Corda isn't proper because this show hints a lot on the possible romance between Hino (and basically Tsukimori or Tsuchiura) - so to leave it open feels incomplete. Besides, Ouran is the only series that I tolerate an open-ending.
Same here. I like that pairing too. ^^ If the series was open-ended, it'd be wierd, like you said and would feel incomplete. With Ouran, I don't mind it since Haruhi (that's her name, PreSage, btw. ^^) seems close to all the Host Club members, so it's kinda hard to pair her up with just one of them. I can possibly see all the straight pairings, except pairing her up with Hunny; that just DOESN'T work in my mind...

Quote:
That's a nice site you got there. Keep up the hard work!

Quote:
Pfft. I hate the straight pairings! Gimme my YAOI!!
LOL, yaoi fangirls just crack me up. I can just imagine those Tsukimori x Tsuchiura, Tsuchiura x Hihara, Hihara x Yunoki fanfics.
Thanks, I definitely will. ^^ And yeah, I figured that I'd put that there since there are people that like the BL pairings, rather than the straight pairings. Personally I don't mind it either way. I *heart* yaoi, but I also do like straight pairings too, if they're not UBER obscure~.
Kaitou Icery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 20:24   Link #250
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
I'm personally rooting for Tsuchiura x Hino T_T
hehe.. I loved Tsuchiura even more when I aimed for him in my "replay"... especially in the event where
Spoiler:

personally, I'd be happy with Hino ending up being paired with Tsukimori or Tsuchiura (or Hihara)... ^^
and well, if Hino ends up with Tsukimori, then I'd have Tsuchiura to myself.. lol
Old 2006-12-06, 21:55   Link #251
Morikawa Yuki
Aspiring Idol

usagijen-san, you should totally make an English walkthrough for this game, and post it on gamefaqs.com or something
Old 2006-12-06, 22:11   Link #252
usagijen

Quote:
usagijen-san, you should totally make an English walkthrough for this game, and post it on gamefaqs.com or something
I think I'm too lazy to do that.. hehe...
and I also check another walkthrough site to help me in the game from time to time (peche site)
Old 2006-12-06, 22:11   Link #253
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Quote:
he's already graduated from Seisou Gakuen, and was also part of the concours before... he visits the school during MWF (based on the game ^^; as he is the school orchestra's OB (I was thinking that means being the manager of the orchestra or something, though I'm not sure... someone please enlighten me as I am not quite familiar with this.. >.<)
In Korea an OB member is a "former member" of a group who has since graduated. I have a friend who is a member of the school amateur orchestra, and they have yearly "OB performances" where 30, 40 and even 50 year old OB members give performances . Since we Koreans like to hijack a lot of slang terms from Japan, I believe it's the same in Japan.

Anyway, I loved the last scene with Tsukimori playing Chaconne in g-minor in the dark stage. Powerful. I wonder how Tsukimori came up with Chaconne when the 2nd round was about "trust"? I've heard that Chaconne is "supposedly the most heart-breaking piece of all time," and it certainly fits the bill.

PS: Thanks Strawberry Mint Subs!
Old 2006-12-07, 00:39   Link #254
usagijen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
In Korea an OB member is a "former member" of a group who has since graduated. I have a friend who is a member of the school amateur orchestra, and they have yearly "OB performances" where 30, 40 and even 50 year old OB members give performances . Since we Koreans like to hijack a lot of slang terms from Japan, I believe it's the same in Japan.
did a little more searching, and it really is as you said... OB literally means "old boy" (accdg to alc), and it doesn't quite sound as elegant and great as I thought it would be... >.>;;;

Quote:
Anyway, I loved the last scene with Tsukimori playing Chaconne in g-minor in the dark stage. Powerful. I wonder how Tsukimori came up with Chaconne when the 2nd round was about "trust"? I've heard that Chaconne is "supposedly the most heart-breaking piece of all time," and it certainly fits the bill.
perhaps because when Tsukimori hears the word 'trust', what comes to his mind is distrust (given his personality and what he was been through...) >.<;;
as if he's trying to convey the feeling of someone who had once lost trust, or perhaps how one can get past that point, and trust again...
Old 2006-12-07, 02:08   Link #255
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
...since Haruhi (that's her name, PreSage, btw. ^^)......I can possibly see all the straight pairings, except pairing her up with Hunny; that just DOESN'T work in my mind...
Yes, that's right...Haruhi...thanks! And I agree, Hunny just doesn't fit the bill. He's looks too much like a kid - which is basically how he's meant to look. I think Tamaki is shown to be the most likely candidate toward the end. Pardon for being off-topic here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahl_moon View Post
Well, if you consider how multifaceted the concept of "trust" is: when trust is broken it can be very devasting, or when you cannot place your trust into anyone - it can be rather lonely. I think Tsukimori is brilliant to choose that piece (too bad he wasn't able to play it - probably would've been first too). It's a wonderful play on the theme.

Quote:
perhaps because when Tsukimori hears the word 'trust', what comes to his mind is distrust (given his personality and what he was been through...) >.<;;
Agree. It does seem like him to choose to interpret the word "trust" in this way. I just love it when concepts are interpreted for its deeper, more obscure meaning and not take the blatantly obvious context. This certainly shows the caliber of Tsukimori's musical and intellectual skills. Although I have to add that I love Tsuchiura's piano piece as well.

Watching him play on an empty stage was sad. I can imagine how disappointed and despairing it must feel to work so hard and get trumped like that. Although, I found it quite funny to see that bully just hanging there from Tsuchiura's grip while Tsukimori apologized to Kanazawa. Everyone seemed to have forgotten he was there...including Tsuchiura .

By the way, I was just looking at the seiyuus listed on ANN, and there's one for
Spoiler:

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2006-12-07, 03:58   Link #256
usagijen

Quote:
By the way, I was just looking at the seiyuus listed on ANN, and there's one for
Spoiler:
yup, they are in the manga as well. just minor characters ^^
Old 2006-12-07, 18:18   Link #257
Morikawa Yuki
Aspiring Idol

Quote:
Spoiler:
I think they already appeared in one of the episodes before the first concur. One was eavesdropping on Hino and she was caught by the other.

Quote:
did a little more searching, and it really is as you said... OB literally means "old boy" (accdg to alc), and it doesn't quite sound as elegant and great as I thought it would be... >.>;;;
Old boy? I guess I would not call a woman OB then... And for most Japanese people, anything that sounds remotely English is elegant. After all, how do you explain the unbearable amount of Engrish in Jpop nowadays.

Tsukimori's song is fitting to describe his "hopeless' situation. Yet, at the end, his mother was surprised about the melody he produced. It seemed that in playing this "heartbroken" song, he demonstrated that he gained trust in the other competitors when he strongly doubted them before.

Anyways, I got the old Corda game today to see what the buzz is about. I am sort of surprised that it's not entirely like the bishoujo visual novel style of playing. It's not just making a series of choices, you can actually use mouse or keyboard to control Hino's moment.

For the game, are you going to end up with someone anyways, or is there a bad ending if you don't make an effort to pursue a particular guy?
Old 2006-12-07, 19:25   Link #258
usagijen

Quote:
Tsukimori's song is fitting to describe his "hopeless' situation. Yet, at the end, his mother was surprised about the melody he produced. It seemed that in playing this "heartbroken" song, he demonstrated that he gained trust in the other competitors when he strongly doubted them before.
or rather, gained trust in Hino (especially)

Quote:
Anyways, I got the old Corda game today to see what the buzz is about. I am sort of surprised that it's not entirely like the bishoujo visual novel style of playing. It's not just making a series of choices, you can actually use mouse or keyboard to control Hino's moment.

For the game, are you going to end up with someone anyways, or is there a bad ending if you don't make an effort to pursue a particular guy?
yup, that's why it's sooo fun to play, coz it's really really interactive ^^ It's fun even without the romance-sim part (just like domino said) :3 As with every game, there would be bad ending if you don't do anything, since you have to make an effort and actually raise the love / rivalry level with the characters (or at least do well in the competition) if you want to unlock special events and stuff ^^

Even if you don't pursue a guy, and yet win the competition, I'm pretty sure it'll still be a good ending (though of course not that good)... I haven't really tried slacking off and going through the game without doing anything (aiming to be last in every competition ), so I don't know exactly what kind of bad ending it'll have.. Lili will most likely be very sad, and disappointed with you... and so would the other competitors >.<;;
Old 2006-12-07, 19:49   Link #259
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
I think they already appeared in one of the episodes before the first concur. One was eavesdropping on Hino and she was caught by the other.
D'Oh, that's right! I completely forgot that scene.

Quote:
Although I didn't understand the dialogue, I think Tsuchiura was especially surprised at how well-mannered (for lack of being able to think of a better word at the moment) Tsukimori reacted to his situation, considering that Tsuchiura probably had thought Tsukimori to be like some of those other music students.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2006-12-07, 20:31   Link #260
usagijen

Quote:
Although I didn't understand the dialogue, I think Tsuchiura was especially surprised at how well-mannered (for lack of being able to think of a better word at the moment) Tsukimori reacted to his situation, considering that Tsuchiura probably had thought Tsukimori to be like some of those other music students.
having known that Tsukimori as an "arrogant bastard" (well that's what Tsukimori is to Tsuchiura ^^;; ), of course he would be surprised
seeing Tsukimori just accept the situation, and actually bow in forgiveness was so unlike him (is what Tsuchiura must've thought)

Tags
musical, romance