AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-09-08, 11:07   Link #3521
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
I think that they're trying to catch up for lost ground... They cut some episodes from the original planned out series, because of budget problems. Originally we would have seen Episode Zero in the series proper, if not more...

I can understand the Relena look alike twins for grandmother and great aunt... but some things better start getting explained very fast as to why we have the Trowa look alike that has no relation to Trowa (Triton). Also I'll blame some of the character designs on the artists... Seeing names like Trowa, Heero, Duo when there are two of them...

I'll sum this up... Sumizawa, get back to Mars before I take a baseball bat upside your head... Plz thanks, P.S. Get the Gundams out of Jedi mode and let us see some giant robot overkill!
I'm ok with backstories and I do hope we get more on the other characters, but I have to agree that it's prolly about time he turned full focus on the current timeline because every chapter just keeps jumping from one time frame to another and it's getting confusing to follow, esp. if you're just relying on rough translations and summaries (like me).

And I do agree... Trowa P looking like Trowa B/Triton when they aren't even related by blood just doesn't make sense. The same way Heero/Odin looks like the real Heero when they aren't related (yet). And ugh. Exactly: repetitive names! >_<

AND BRING OUT THE GUNDAMS! Unveil them already! Tallgeese Heaven, too!
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 13:32   Link #3522
susyia

hey where you guys are finding the chapters?
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-10, 13:55   Link #3523
CJFinnegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
Ah ok, thanks for the clarification. A lot's still unclear. Like Duo, for example. I don't think Sumisawa's oblivious enough not to know that priest's can't have kids. Then again, it's mentioned that Duo "didn't make the sign at all." I'm guessing the "sign" is either the sign of the cross or the fact that he's not wearing a cross? Either way, I suppose Duo's masquerading.

EDIT: I'm editing the first post to state that all summaries are not final or to be taken as 100% accurate. Thus, they should be taken with a shaker of salt.
It depends on if the priest in question is a Catholic or not.

While it's true that a Catholic priest cannot marry while he's a priest, a widower can become a priest whether he has young children or not. Greek Orthodox, Anglican, Protestant, Lutheran and Episcopalian priests are not only allowed to marry, but encouraged to do so.

But from what I've read of Frozen Teardrop so far, Duo is a bounty hunter who uses a priest's collar as a disguise, and like Heero's biological father, Odin Lowe (according to the Gundam Wikia site), he takes his son along on jobs as a cover.

By the way, where can I find translations for the remaining chapters so far? I can't read Kanji very well.
CJFinnegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-13, 22:37   Link #3524
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJFinnegan View Post
It depends on if the priest in question is a Catholic or not.

While it's true that a Catholic priest cannot marry while he's a priest, a widower can become a priest whether he has young children or not. Greek Orthodox, Anglican, Protestant, Lutheran and Episcopalian priests are not only allowed to marry, but encouraged to do so.

But from what I've read of Frozen Teardrop so far, Duo is a bounty hunter who uses a priest's collar as a disguise, and like Heero's biological father, Odin Lowe (according to the Gundam Wikia site), he takes his son along on jobs as a cover.

By the way, where can I find translations for the remaining chapters so far? I can't read Kanji very well.
Dude, that post you quoted is over a year old, lol. And we don't know if Duo took Jr. along on his bounty hunting, since we still haven't seen the circumstances of Hilde's death and Duo coming into custody of Jr.

This thread has various summaries and such throughout, and Deacon is translating. It'll take you some time to read through, but...
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 16:44   Link #3525
gordol
Banned

FT 10 scans!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?839swwzotc0dcei

enjoy
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 01:13   Link #3526
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Thanks but man, they really gimped us on color pictures this chapter.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 12:25   Link #3527
Mareike

Woohoo~ thanks, gordol!

Oh, and I just found out from this blog I frequent that there's this 新機動戦記ガンダムW(ウイング) (PERFECT ARCHIVE SERIES) [単行本(ソフトカバー)] that was released.

If I understood what Google translated for me, the book seems to contain relationship diagrams (the blog only mentioned Zechs-Noin, though), character profiles, episode infos and whatnot. Has anyone been able to get a hand on the book?

Last edited by Mareike; 2011-09-17 at 12:49. Reason: Added the part about the Perfect Archive.
Old 2011-09-17, 13:58   Link #3528
gordol
Banned

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Mobile-Suit-G...-/300508394810

a look at the book's content
Old 2011-09-18, 06:44   Link #3529
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Oooooh! So it's an old release! Looks interesting. Thanks, gordol!
Old 2011-09-20, 14:16   Link #3530
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Thanks but man, they really gimped us on color pictures this chapter.
They're probably gearing up for a big color spread or somesuch for the next chapter, since they're sorta playing it up as being such a big and important battle.

At least, I hope so. 8/

By the way, this is chapter 12, not 10.
Old 2011-09-20, 17:14   Link #3531
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
They're probably gearing up for a big color spread or somesuch for the next chapter, since they're sorta playing it up as being such a big and important battle.

At least, I hope so. 8/

By the way, this is chapter 12, not 10.
Looking at it that way, if they gear up for a massive color spread... it would also make a rather perfect timing for us to get a nice bit of eye-candy by showing off the suit designs for the first time... And what better way to do a reveal than with an important battle?
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 19:26   Link #3532
Pillsburry

Send a message via MSN to Pillsburry
Long time lurker, first time poster, yadda yadda. I've recently lost touch with where this part of the series was heading, but as a guilty long term Gundam Wing fan I've come back for more confusion. XD Hello all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mareike View Post

Has anyone been able to get a hand on the book?
I actually have this book. I'm more than happy to take some pictures of the page for you. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner handy at the moment, but if you'd still like to have a look I can do that! I can get a pretty clear photo. I have a fair few art books so if anything else pops up of interest that anyone would like to see, I can always have look in my collection to see if I have it on hand.

Now to catch up with a this massive thread!
Pillsburry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 07:04   Link #3533
Nishiio
AHH IT'S A GUNDAM--*boom*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillsburry View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster, yadda yadda. I've recently lost touch with where this part of the series was heading, but as a guilty long term Gundam Wing fan I've come back for more confusion. XD Hello all!

I actually have this book. I'm more than happy to take some pictures of the page for you. Unfortunately I don't have a scanner handy at the moment, but if you'd still like to have a look I can do that! I can get a pretty clear photo. I have a fair few art books so if anything else pops up of interest that anyone would like to see, I can always have look in my collection to see if I have it on hand.

Welcome!
LOL And have fun going through the entire thread now. I thought reading the previous discussions were actually interesting.

And if you do have time to share a few photos, that would be great. :3
Nishiio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 09:32   Link #3534
Mareike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillsburry View Post

Welcome, welcome!

The thread's pretty quiet these past few days but I bet you'll enjoy going through all the past discussions. ^^

I'm pretty lost as to where the story is at the moment, but oh well. ^^;

And yes, please, if you can. Scans/photos of the book would be nice. :3
Old 2011-09-22, 11:51   Link #3535
gordol
Banned

■新機動戦記ガンダムW フローズンティアドロップ
P481-
表紙はデュオ。新ガンダムの機体公開はなし。
この他に見開き描きおろしはエンドレスワルツ版のサンドロック。
原画はMORUGAさん。

「フローズンティアドロップ」4巻は10/26発売。
「敗者たちの栄光」2巻も同日発売。

P482では10月29日に開催される一夜限りの復活祭
「エンドレスナイト」詳細公開。
これはチケット争奪戦だな。

概要はこちら。

○開催日
2011年10月29日(土) 20時~22時30分
内容はEW劇場版の上映+緑川さんのトーク+サイン入りグッズ抽選会
+特別ポスターのお土産付き。チケットは税込2800円。

○開催場所
角川シネマ新宿 ※特設ページあり
http://www.kadokawa-cinema.jp/shinjuku/news.html#23326

○チケット発売開始
2011年10月8日

●「フローズンティアドロップ」
今月は13話。「悲嘆の夜想曲Ⅲ」
トロワ(初代)とキャスリンが火星に移住したのはMC14年最初の夏。
MC16年ごろから火星連邦がマーズスーツを配備するようになったのをきっかけに
トロワとキャスリンは2人で戦争根絶のボランティアを開始する。

ある日2人の活動を知った五飛がトロワを呼び出した。
五飛とトロワは協力してガンダムを製造しようとするがソフトウェアで行き詰る。
その後トロワはカトルと再会し、カトルも五飛から協力要請を受けたこと、
ウィナー家で試作機である「白雪姫」「スノーホワイト」などの4機の
ガンダニュウム合金製モビルスーツが発見されたことを知る。
トロワはカトルと協力して4機の改良と組み付け作業を行った。
その頃カトルはW教授(ウィナーとウイングのW)、トロワはドクトルTと
名乗るようになっていた。

そしてMC21年最初の冬に火星のラナグリン共和国に隠されていた
「ガンダムエピオン」が発見される。
ガンダムの基本設計データもZEROシステムのメモリーの中にあった。
そのデータをもとに五飛こと「老師・張」は1年後にナタクを完成させる。

更にトロワたちはガンダムに乗り込むパイロットを探した。
カトリーヌと名無し(トロワ・フォボス)を仲間にし、デュオ(初代)からは
息子のデュオの訓練を開始したと連絡が入る。
それはヒイロと同等の身体能力・精神力を持ったパイロットが必要だったからだ。

※トロワの回想はここで終わり、時間軸が現代に戻る。

挿絵はデュオ(息子)をぼこったキャスリンと手刀を喰らわされて
気絶したヒイロ。

潜水空母「ショーフック2」でカトリーヌを追いかけるドクトルT・キャスリン。
そしてヒイロとデュオ(息子)。デュオ(息子)はうっかりキャスリンを
「オバサン」呼ばわりかけてボコられる。キャスリンのパンチを食らっても
気絶しないデュオ(息子)を見て、ドクトルT(トロワ)は生まれついての戦士と
呼んでもいいと心中感嘆していた。
長期のコールドスリープに入っていたヒイロはZEROシステムで疲弊したため
カトルによってメディカル・カプセルに入れられる。

エリシウム海に出た潜水空母は浮上。デュオの「魔法使い」が出撃した。
一方でエリシウム島からは12機の有人MSが出撃する。
敵機の識別は「ハートオブクイーン」。ナイナの乗る機体だ。
ナイナの駆る「ハートオブクイーン」がビームソードを振るって
デュオの「魔法使い」と交戦する。
互いにビームサイズとビームソードを振るって攻撃し合う2人は
「元気だったか、ナイナ姉ちゃん」「久しぶりね、デュオ」
「サンドイッチ持ってきてるのよ、一緒に食べない?」
「私の手作りよ!」「殺人的に腹が減ってきた」
「あなたの好きなチキンとハムもあるのよ」
会話だけはピクニックさながらに高速で攻撃しあい、
対峙しながら火山島に降り立った。
Old 2011-09-23, 10:21   Link #3536
Kitsoru

What I can gather from my autotranslate is that this chapter explains the events of/concerning needing to build the new Gundams and train the new pilots (Phobos, Jr.), from (original) Trowa's point of view?

Duo Jr vs Naina is the cliffhanger? And it sounds to me like Queen of Hearts is her MS, but we'll see when someone has a better translation.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:19   Link #3537
Aldaeus

Agreed, but like you said we'll have to wait for a better translation to be sure... And i would like to hear the reasoning behind retconing the "And the weapons known as mobile suits, including the Gundams were never seen in the after colony again!"
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 20:46   Link #3538
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
And i would like to hear the reasoning behind retconing the "And the weapons known as mobile suits, including the Gundams were never seen in the after colony again!"
"History is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever."
Besides, the Gundams are probably called Mars suits, so... a pretty lame excuse, I know.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 08:25   Link #3539
Pillsburry

Send a message via MSN to Pillsburry
It's pretty huge this image so I'll just dump this here - PERFECT ARCHIVE Relationship Diagram

Hope that's okay. When I get a hold of a new scanner I can give it another go if need be. ^_^ I particularly like the '......' between Heero and Wufei. XD
Pillsburry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 09:11   Link #3540
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
I have no idea about this shit... I'm too sleep deprived from my overnight work:

http://www.zeonic-republic.net/?p=1152
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing