AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

View Poll Results: Total Eclipse - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 5 16.13%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 38.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 32.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 9.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-08, 02:01   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Total Eclipse - Episode 22 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Total Eclipse, Episode 22.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-12-09, 12:18   Link #2
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

An extremely outstanding ep.

Lots of TSF combat action, including wall jump, and TSFs getting chewed to pieces (by gun fire, not BETA)

Inia appears, and kicks more ass than Yuuya, acing his K/D ratio in seconds.

Cui gets caught in SDS explosion.

The FIRST ever successful use of the ejection block, in TEN years of Muv Luv. (ya, no fried Miku)

Sandek in skin tight pilot suit.

Laser class being done right, no PEW PEW lasers.

Code 991 Alarm used right finally.

Cui gets given a pistol (Why just a pistol again... and it was given by Yui...) and makes her way to shelter on her own, on foot... in a soon-to-be BETA infested location... Run Miku Run!

And lastly, bad boss gets Su-47 Berkut.

Next ep, BETAs and Berkut. Kick Ass.

Epic ep is Epic.

P.S. The part with the final boss and the Berkut, sounds so much like Normad and Anubis from Zone of the Enders... the voice sounds the same as well...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-09, 13:46   Link #3
Raxnom
気疲れ

IT IS HEEEEEEEEEEERE! MoFo Berkut

And that stereotypical villain laugh at the end. lol

10/10
Old 2012-12-09, 14:21   Link #4
ookamigirl

Hope they resolve the internal matters fast.
I'm kinda starting to miss those Betas.
They sure picked one hell of a time to have power struggles.
Interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-12-09, 14:38   Link #5
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Good bye Giselle, and good riddance. Now, to feed your idiotic sister to some Beta. Really thought Yifei was fried for a minute there. Hope she makes it out ok.

That stereotypical villain laugh was so weird- but amusing, somehow. Good episode overall.
Old 2012-12-09, 15:00   Link #6
shinigami99

So great, so great. Expecting lots of deaths next episode and in the finale.

10/10
Old 2012-12-09, 15:50   Link #7
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm actually not expecting much in the way of real deaths (I'm sure plenty of grunts, etc will die). Chinese-girl should have died and miraculously survived, and Yuya's group has managed to get out of two events that should have, all things being fair, been prime opportunities for casualties.

In fact, I'm going to go even further and predict that Leon and Yuya will eventually put aside their differences and join forces. Oh, they may initially cross swords, but I think there's going to be an even bigger BETA threat that will bring love and peace to the fore. A BETA threat we haven't seen yet, beyond the ones who were released from the lab.

I never thought in a million years that I'd be writing those words when I started watching this show, but the tone of it has changed drastically after the time skip, and I think it's best to pretend those first two episodes were a whole other show. Of course, I'd love to be wrong, and see some real despair occur at the end, as everyone is slowly killed and eaten, and Yuya is left alone listening to their dying screams, and has one heroic chance to eliminate the BETA invasion....but fails, and the series ends with a dark wave of BETA crawling into North America, but....I doubt that's how it's going to go down.

As I had suspected, the refuges fighters are just pawns. Boss-man's subordinate's comments about idealism at the end pretty much cemented that.

I'm wondering what the puppet-master's pulling the strings really want. As for scar-man, I wonder if he's the Japanese instructor who saved Yuki and the other trainee in Kyoto, but then seemed to die off-screen. Unfortunately, I don't have any of the early episodes to go back and compare faces with.
Also, cake.
Old 2012-12-09, 16:18   Link #8
Esg

This episode in a nutshell
Old 2012-12-09, 16:57   Link #9
Laevatein

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Chinese-girl should have died and miraculously survived,
She has the Kira Yamato insurance policy against an enemy mecha grappling you and self-destructing.
Old 2012-12-09, 17:06   Link #10
Esg

Ejection seat's actually
Old 2012-12-09, 17:20   Link #11
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

That was really good episode.

It shows the agenda of the RLF with some back story for Ibraheim and more mecha battles from the main cast.

The way things are going it kinda sucks that we only have a couple episode left. Dat Berkut.

By the way, did you notice the subtle change in the ending? That looks crazy!

I hope to see a back to back pose with Yuuya and Leon. The Maverick/Iceman team up with formations too.

I bet Sandek had tears running down his face when his daughters reunited in the palm of his hands. Literally.

Someone NEEDS to draw this. lol

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-12-09 at 17:31.
Old 2012-12-09, 17:39   Link #12
Shungin12

that was a good episode but I think some deaths are about to happen, I dont want to see anyone die but I got to be prepared for it lol
boss dude going to be facing off against yuuya most likely in the last episode
Old 2012-12-09, 17:58   Link #13
lubczyk

I don't see what's so evil about the American contingency plan of using Neutron bombs to create a barrier between Alaska and the rest of North America.

If the Beta hordes really breached the last line of defense every Soviet, American, Foreign national and civilian at the Soviet Base, Anchorage base, Lilliport and Yukon base would have been assumed to be eaten.
Old 2012-12-09, 18:10   Link #14
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think it's a tough decision that isn't truly evil, but more of a precaution and necessity for the welfare of the people from a foreign or alien threat that could plague the nation if not dealt with immediately.

The whole sacrifice a few to save the masses has been an old strategy that happens all the time. Even now.

It'll get a lot of negative feedback from both sides which I think it already has from that RFL announcement, but that's also the kind of choice that takes a strain on the leaders of those countries just to attain some form of peace.

I don't want to that job. lol

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2012-12-09 at 18:21.
Old 2012-12-09, 21:06   Link #15
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Lets see, the Americans just said in this episode. " If the Russians get back their country, they will own the most resources... not going to let that happen, lets kill them all by blowing them up first. For FREEDOM!"

Selfishness at a national level is also called patriotism.

Not sure if they are being overly optimistic or that they are influenced by a certain branch that is pushing for a certain plan.

Oh, and Miku is now on foot with a single pistol and a broken arm, in the middle of a soon-to-be infested BETA land. Who wants to bet on her odds of survival?

Also, the Berkut is aiming for the sisters... can Yuuya rescue them in time?

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.

Last edited by grevierr; 2012-12-09 at 21:38.
Old 2012-12-09, 22:35   Link #16
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

My boy Obama wouldn't be doing that. Now Bush on the other hand....Let me stop lol. But pretty much playmaker2k is spot on. Yea it sucks you're wiping out a bunch of folks, but the American government is looking at the overall big picture. Kill a few to save thousands as well as your native land. Whether you think its right on wrong, the bottom line is that America cares about saving its country, and in desperate times, its not exactly like independent survival doesn't become the #1 priority, people just want to ignore that fact.

Good episode, and dodged a big bullet right there. Thank god Yifei didn't die, was gonna be super depressed. I just don't see her dying though to be honest, but I can see Tarisa kicking the bucket. The action was very good, and if the final episodes have very good animation like this episode did, I can excuse some of the past episodes crap animation if it was to let the good battles look shiny and pretty.
Old 2012-12-09, 22:57   Link #17
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

like to see Lt Dahl back stories .... I hope TSFIA short stories get translated ....

Sigh still scratching my head .... governments back stabbing politics ..... The BETA threat is still there ( Eurasia) and your thinking of the Russian getting G elements .... talk about wrong priorities
Old 2012-12-09, 23:13   Link #18
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
My boy Obama wouldn't be doing that. Now Bush on the other hand....Let me stop lol. But pretty much playmaker2k is spot on. Yea it sucks you're wiping out a bunch of folks, but the American government is looking at the overall big picture. Kill a few to save thousands as well as your native land. Whether you think its right on wrong, the bottom line is that America cares about saving its country, and in desperate times, its not exactly like independent survival doesn't become the #1 priority, people just want to ignore that fact.
Erm, just to make sure, you know that quite a large majority of the refugees from Russia, China and other places are right at ground zero? That's almost 20% of the reminding population of earth at a guess, with the reminding refugees spread out amongst South America, South Africa, and South East Asia (about another 20%).

While I do agree that the writer is rather heavy handed on the Americans, its the answers from the viewers that makes me wonder if he is really wrong...

At what point does numbers stop mattering?

Old 2012-12-09, 23:59   Link #19
bigdeath

RLF are being used like tools in order to steal TSFs, NOT SHOCKING. lol.

America assuring its own survival and dominance through nasty covert actions. Par for Course.

Yuuya proves he is the master of badass last stands. Lucky Inia showed up to save his butt at the last second. So much for being terrorized. She can apparently still put up an insane fight even when alone and scared.

Someone tell me how on earth Cui survived that suicided attack?! O.o Oh yeah, like a pistol is going to help in a firefight. But I suppose its better than nothing.

Looks like this show will be going out with a bang. We have I think 2 episodes left and we still have to resolve

1) USA infinities returning
2) The Man using the terrorists just to still some sweet Russian TSF.
3) The Released Beta.

All this while time is ticking off before Alaska get ripped in half, quite literally! Looks like we are in for an action packed finale.

@grevierr: "At what point does numbers stop mattering?"

When you have no personal connection to the people involved, numbers don't matter. :P
Old 2012-12-10, 00:02   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oi oi, sure Yuuya's voice actor shouted more than the expression Yuuya made, but this isn't the time to talk about the art (at least the battles don't suck!). Chobi and the gang are gonna die, it smells way too much like that.
At least... At least Chobi please don't die! ウワァァ━━━━━。゚(゚´Д`゚)゚。━━━━━ン!!!!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread