Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-10-11, 04:54   Link #1221
Gazdav

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I need your advice.

Does this look like a good Elucidator sword to buy?

http://www.globalgear.com.au/weapons...-katana-type-2
Depends if you are just using it for cosplay it's ok.

But to sharpen and cut with hmmm I would want to know the exact steel and how the blade is attached to the hilt.
Gazdav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 07:55   Link #1222
bastek66

Recap (13,5) will air today instead episode 14. Am I right?
Old 2014-10-11, 08:43   Link #1223
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Recap (13,5) will air today instead episode 14. Am I right?
Yes and no. Today's episode is expected to be a recap, but the episode number is 14.5 not 13.5.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-24, 08:35   Link #1224
YuukiYuuki

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x555GXS_ug
YuukiYuuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-11, 10:34   Link #1225
Miraluka
Banned

Sales took a huge dive compared to season 1 selling about half first disc did.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-12, 07:51   Link #1226
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Sales took a huge dive compared to season 1 selling about half first disc did.
It's not a sudden dive, but a trend line that's very common for many popular anime franchises. Rather than comparing s1 v1, more useful to look at the other more recent volumes.

SAO s1. Vol. 9 (2013/06): 31,339
SAO Extra Edition (2014/04): 23,747
SAO s2. Vol. 1 (2014/10): 21,515

The Monogatari Series followed the same sort of trend line, as another example. A lot of anime are most popular for disc sales in their first season, and the hype gradually dies down leaving the more hardcore fans collecting the discs. Some of the collectors may prefer to give their money to newer franchises, rather than sequels. (There are some franchises that show stability or even growth for subsequent seasons, but they're more the exception than the rule.)

In any event, while the trend line may seem discouraging, these sales are still in the top 10% or better of all anime released, so no cause for panic.
Old 2014-12-20, 23:05   Link #1227
smurfinaus
Go go go go Freedom!!!

Send a message via MSN to smurfinaus Send a message via Yahoo to smurfinaus
Loved the first season
WTF happened in the last half second of season?. The Gun Gale arc was pretty damn good. Then the last half a dozen episodes took a nose dive imho?????
I think many wouldve wanted to see more Kirito + Asuna ....
smurfinaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-21, 00:42   Link #1228
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfinaus View Post
Loved the first season
WTF happened in the last half second of season?. The Gun Gale arc was pretty damn good. Then the last half a dozen episodes took a nose dive imho?????
I think many wouldve wanted to see more Kirito + Asuna ....
Honestly, I really loved the Mother's Rozario arc; it's probably one of my favourite of the series. But obviously, everyone has their preferences. I certainly wouldn't argue in any way that the quality of the show/story went down in any objective way, even if the subject shifted a bit. I thought Kirito/Kazuto did very well in his supporting role.

...but anyway, all this is probably better suited for the Season Impressions thread, which will be coming soon.
Old 2015-02-14, 15:37   Link #1229
l.kostas

Sword Art Online II English Dub

Aniplex of America announced at its Katsucon panel on Saturday that Sword Art Online II will air on Adult Swim's Toonami programming block beginning on March 28 at 1:00 a.m. EST. The English dub cast from the first season will return, and Michelle Ruff ( Bleach, Gurren Lagann) will join the cast as Sinon.
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-21, 08:16   Link #1230
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
IMHO, someone who's underrated should have been chosen instead.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-11, 00:18   Link #1231
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

While we wait for the next adorable installment of "Sword art offline"... (Chibi-Kirito abuse NEVER gets old! )

In all three language versions I watched (Japanese, Chinese and even English), I found to my sadness that the "Offline" segments never got their Chinese or English versions.

I wonder why not? They are lovably hilarious and totally adorable and cute, and don't really have too culturally-specific humor that would alienate a Taiwanese or American Audience; so why no adaptations I wonder?
Old 2015-06-12, 11:54   Link #1232
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

SAO Occurs in 2022... LucasArts is ALREADY doing THIS right now....

Aha! Kayaba Akihiko is a disgruntled intern from Lucas-Arts! Tired of George Lucas' snail-crawl indecisiveness and lack of vision (not to mention constant abuse under his monster ego), Kayaba stole Lucas-Arts' fledgling immersion technology and set out with the goal "I'll show you how to make a REAL world, George!"
And took it too far. WAY too far!

It all makes (meta fanfic-crossover continuity) sense when you think about it that way, don't you think?
Old 2015-10-01, 08:17   Link #1233
Onlyclasics

Just shout out guys

I would like to see the idea of that type and stage of virtual reality come to life. So as a great liking to the show sword art online and to all its fans reading this forum try to message all the game designer type people to start trying to rapidly study and produce a virtual reality gaming set so we can experience our own adventures, love, excitement, and friends. We are so close to that type of gaming ware. We have the seeing, the hearing, and the movement, but still need to combine it all in one strait to our brain. Reach out guys and try to get these mmo games started for real with the real experience
Onlyclasics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 08:39   Link #1234
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyclasics View Post
I would like to see the idea of that type and stage of virtual reality come to life. So as a great liking to the show sword art online and to all its fans reading this forum try to message all the game designer type people to start trying to rapidly study and produce a virtual reality gaming set so we can experience our own adventures, love, excitement, and friends. We are so close to that type of gaming ware. We have the seeing, the hearing, and the movement, but still need to combine it all in one strait to our brain. Reach out guys and try to get these mmo games started for real with the real experience
Well... If you want the REAL deal, try life. It got all you want into it (expect powers maybe).
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 14:17   Link #1235
Onlyclasics

I'm just a gamer that would like to see that type of game style and gameplay come to life. Better games and better setups lol it's not like I don't value life
Onlyclasics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 12:19   Link #1236
Pryste

Am i crazy?!?

I only register here fot this one question:
In episode 7 at 19:03 minutes you can see Kleins armor and do i need glasses or is there an Hakenkreuz (crooked cross) on it???!!!
And if there is one WHY???

Last edited by Pryste; 2016-01-01 at 13:42.
Pryste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 14:25   Link #1237
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryste View Post
In episode 7 at 19:03 minutes you can see Kleins armor and do i need glasses or is there an Hakenkreuz (crooked cross) on it???!!!
1. weren't 19th minutes of ep07 all about Liz, Asuna and Kirito?
2. I think the symbol you're talking about is actually a Buddhist symbol?
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-01, 14:34   Link #1238
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryste View Post
Because swastika is actually used in many religions before nazis adopted it? -_- Common knowledge.
Old 2016-01-02, 08:17   Link #1239
Pryste

Thank you for you anwsers. Yeah seems to be a religion symbol. I thought it wasnīt one cause i googled before my post the buddhism swastika and it didnīt look the same as the crooked croos but there seems to be hundreds of forms and variations

Again thank you^^
Pryste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 09:20   Link #1240
Azrael Kyota

This may sound like a very idiotic question, but who would actually be looking forward to a multitude of Sword Art Offline episodes? This would also include Season 3?

On a side note, the Mother's Rosario arc is my favourite by far. On another side note, who knows how long Season 3 is?
Azrael Kyota is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, romance, shounen