AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-03, 20:10   Link #21
Wakoeme
spring time of life

Send a message via AIM to Wakoeme
this is honestly one of my absolute favriote series right now. plus i really connect with Ginta. i craped my pants when i saw the first episode. cuz i pulled a stunt like his "holy heaven thunder" incident back when i was like 10 when me and my buddies used to rp on the bus ride to school. just insted it was more like me standing up on the bus seat yelling "i have the fire sword!" holding my hands above my head like im holding one.... and i got bad grades like ginta.... and i had like no endurance... and i have long blonde hair o.O;; kinda creepy... just i have good vision ^.^ even got a cute friend to defend me ^.^
Old 2006-03-23, 21:29   Link #22
unknownsage
Sage of the Unknown

Send a message via AIM to unknownsage Send a message via MSN to unknownsage Send a message via Yahoo to unknownsage
I've only read the first 4 volumes for this.

Whats Halloween's basic arms? When him and the skull masked guy were slaughtering that town on vol.3 only the skull mask one was doing any attacks, Halloween just stood there.
Old 2006-04-06, 03:53   Link #23
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowClone Send a message via Yahoo to ShadowClone
The 6th Battle has began in the manga releases, and it's funny how
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-06, 05:43   Link #24
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsage
I've only read the first 4 volumes for this.

Whats Halloween's basic arms? When him and the skull masked guy were slaughtering that town on vol.3 only the skull mask one was doing any attacks, Halloween just stood there.
Halloween, you mean Pumpkin Head?

His basic attacks are regular ranged magic attacks from those Arms and several magical generated elemental arms.

Anymore would be spoiler, since the scanlated hasn't reach so far till the current raws of Ginta vs Phantom.
Old 2006-04-07, 04:23   Link #25
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Ginta vs. Phantom...already? So does this means the manga series is about to end? Or will this be like FoR where we thought Recca vs. Kurei in the tournament would be the big climax and all...

Lemme guess: NO, the manga will NOT end with Ginta and Phantom's battle...there's still the Queen (vs. Dorothy) and the unseen "King" (probably a "Mouri Kouran"-type who wants to gain power at the cost of annihilating the world and such...)
Old 2006-04-07, 10:41   Link #26
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

MAR reminds me of a freind of mine who loves final fantisy, the main charicter is lust like him in almost every way....... its scary.

Over all I engoy this manga and would recombend it to others
Old 2006-07-07, 11:35   Link #27
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Can anybody confirm if the manga had already ended in Japan? Something like in chapter 161 or so? I've been seeing this discussed in IRC...
Old 2006-07-07, 13:59   Link #28
kari-no-sugata

Yes, MAR has ended - Shounen Sunday 2006 #31 has the final chapter. (Also has info on the anime version of Kenichi)
Old 2006-07-07, 15:43   Link #29
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Yes, MAR has ended - Shounen Sunday 2006 #31 has the final chapter. (Also has info on the anime version of Kenichi)

So did ginta end up with Dorthy or that tomboy? hoping dorthy but most likely not....
Old 2006-07-07, 16:40   Link #30
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaselai
So did ginta end up with Dorthy or that tomboy? hoping dorthy but most likely not....
Spoiler for if you really want to know:
Old 2006-07-08, 00:22   Link #31
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

Thanks for the info!
Well at least there aren't that many chapters left to *uhrm* be scanlated.

Also, I've read the wiki entry for MAR and more or less got spoiled over there!
Old 2006-07-08, 15:33   Link #32
Fury

there is a sequel to it starting in August in 36 or so Call MAR Omega so yeah it gets a sequel will it go forward a couple of years who knows
Old 2006-07-09, 10:52   Link #33
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

A sequel? to MAR!? Uh, assuming that the current MAR anime covers everything the finished Mar manga did...where will they get the material for this supposed sequel?
Old 2006-07-10, 15:54   Link #34
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata
Spoiler for if you really want to know:

i see.,.. well from looks Dorothy looks like Ginta's mom... maybe ginta follows suit? Then again isnt the lead female in Flame of recca also Snow-look a like? forget...
Old 2006-07-22, 23:49   Link #35
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Is it just me, or does the final 1/5th of the manga feels ridiculously incredibly RUSHED? Battles were ludriciously shortened, there was little to no emotional impact on the supposedly emotional scenes as they were just skimmed over, reused plot cliches, among other things. It's like the supposed final dungeon/showdown of the manga was forced to be covered in just 10 chapters or so.
Old 2007-01-07, 02:51   Link #36
Zachd06

If i'm right, sometimes the company that publishes the manga, forces the author to end the manga earlier than the author wanted to. This was actually the first manga that I ever bought and it's my favorite. I even made a text-based RPG for it at http://z11.invisionfree.com/Beautiful_World/index.php?
Old 2007-01-18, 22:14   Link #37
[Train_Man]

that's cool that you made an RPG and that might be true about the author but the anime has a lot more in it i know even every on goning to tokyo for a whail
Old 2007-02-13, 11:16   Link #38
ShadowClone
Genin Featherweight

I just finally finished reading the entire manga series (15 volumes), and I tend to agree that the chapters towards the end feel a bit rushed. There was little or no "anticipation" leading up to the "final battles", and the supposed "plot twist" is extremely cliched.

At any rate, it was a pretty entertaining manga. now if the anime series would just get the hell back o track and finish animating it!

Oh, and I was rather surprised at the "ecchiness" towards the last few volumes. Didn't think the author of Flame of Recca would "stoop so low"! Not that I blame him, since
Spoiler:
hehehe
Old 2007-02-20, 12:40   Link #39
shaselai

so when is the new series for Mar coming out?
Old 2007-02-26, 03:48   Link #40
Hailene

Yeah, whoa!

I was very suprised as well, Shadowclone. Notice (I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure what consitutes as a spoiler, but this doesn't feel like one ) that her dress is divided on her left side? I went back and tried to track down when exactly it happened, but from what I saw it just magically appeared at the start of the fight. Perhaps his fans or the people in charge wanted more fan-service?

I didn't mind it at all . I wouldn't be complaining if there was a bit more of her like that in the sequel.

Hrm, I wonder how they're going to do the scene on the anime? Just convienent camera angles or pieces of wrecked clothing? Hrrmmmm...
Closed Thread