AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 06:37   Link #581
metzler

mystery sword owner

I was just reading some old Bleach manga and I think the mystery sword belongs to Gin. The attack style in which the SR was slashed with no bs matches too. I know, I know its crazy but you cannot absolutely rule it out.

Last edited by metzler; 2012-09-08 at 07:13.
metzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:30   Link #582
kitten320

That doesn't make much sense since his body should be collected by SS. And Gin can't use illusions.
Old 2012-09-08, 21:52   Link #583
Gin
*Artist

Yeah everyone knows Gin is dead, don't be a troll.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:23   Link #584
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
chapter 417 he told himself that itchigo's gaze has grown strong and that he can die knowing itachigo will kill aizen.

hes pretty much dead, he was almost sliced in half, had his arm ripped off and no one could have saved him at that moment. if he was alive he would have to face punishment for his crimes and tite would have shown that.
Old 2012-09-09, 03:25   Link #585
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Though I'm more curious about whose sword was held up to Urahara's shoulder (yeah yeah...10 to 1 it's GJ or Nel. Just show us already!).
I am too! This is probably one of the reasons I'm still, somewhat invested in the story--I'm banking on the fact that the mysterious person is Grimmjow. Yeah, I know it's predictable, but he was my favorite character besides Gin. I think Kubo will reveal this after the bad guy captures Yama's bankai, cliffhangs that story (only to resolved it off panel later) and then he'll return to this moment.

And it will most likely happen in either two ways:

1.) We briefly visit Ichigo, to see that he is still stuck in that trap, before we pan to Urahara and the Mystery Person. They forge an alliance to kill the Christmas Ornament bad guy and figure out how to save Ichigo.

2.) Or we'll have to endure a few chapters of Ichigo's self-loathing, before he somehow gets the confidence (or hate--some sort of motivation) to power-up enough to free himself. Then, the mystery person will be revealed.

I would prefer option 1, but I have a feeling that it will be something along the lines of option 2. Ichigo entering his inner world to gain confidence in himself--yadda, yadda, yadda. Rinse and repeat. I just want to see Grimmjow. Is that too much to ask for?
Old 2012-09-09, 09:44   Link #586
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
I reread it and he never sais he can die. He said he can leave, forget about Aizen. And if he died, why did nobody say anything? Even Rangiku said nothing about him being dead, the way she was talking it feeled more like he simply dissapeared somewhere. This is bleach, i don't believe he is dead until we don't get a clear confirmation of that.
All the translations I have read clearly state,"I can die and leave the rest to you" and the chapter before he says he is glad he apologized to rangiku in advance because he wouldn't be able to do it now as hes dying at such a rate he cant even talk.

all of his words are in his head because aizen wrecked him. rangiku is crying uncontrollably because her longest friend is dying and she cant do anything to stop it.

why would he come back, his purpose is done. His mission was to kill aizen as he felt he was the only one capable of it and he failed. As he died he seen that itchigo was a man determined and capable of doing what he couldnt.
Old 2012-09-09, 10:00   Link #587
metzler

I understand the points everyone is making but this is Kubo and Bleach we are talking about so until I have absolute confirmation Gin is dead I will keep him as a possiblity. We never did see his second form and he did say he was a snake. Maybe he just shed his skin like a snake.

Also, in this translation Gin says "leave it to you and hit the trail"
http://www.mangapanda.com/94-56926-1...apter-417.html

Last edited by metzler; 2012-09-09 at 11:54.
metzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 22:47   Link #588
Langus
Optimus Prime

Didn't Kubo confirm Gin (as well as Ulquiorra's) death in a recent interview?
Old 2012-09-10, 06:02   Link #589
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I would prefer option 1, but I have a feeling that it will be something along the lines of option 2. Ichigo entering his inner world to gain confidence in himself--yadda, yadda, yadda. Rinse and repeat. I just want to see Grimmjow. Is that too much to ask for?
Much like the Winter War I don't think Ichigo will show until a pivotal moment. So the I imagine the earliest we'll see him is when Yamamoto is going down for the count. But he could very well show up too late this time. I should really know better, but I have confidence that Yamamoto's bankai vs. Juha Bach will be a completely on-screen battle. Ichigo will have to wait.

And I also very much want to see Grimmjow return...as an actual fighter, not one of Ichigo's lackeys (little chance of that though). Whoever the mystery person is, they will probably be the key to freeing Ichigo.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 15:26   Link #590
Eragon
Still Alive

Well I don't want to see Ichigo until his inner hollow comes back. Ichigo has become too boring. It seems all he's good at nowadays is yelling like a madman. Kubo really slaughtered his character since the defeat of Aizen(IMO).

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-09-11 at 10:17.
Eragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 16:51   Link #591
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Much like the Winter War I don't think Ichigo will show until a pivotal moment. So the I imagine the earliest we'll see him is when Yamamoto is going down for the count. But he could very well show up too late this time. I should really know better, but I have confidence that Yamamoto's bankai vs. Juha Bach will be a completely on-screen battle. Ichigo will have to wait.

And I also very much want to see Grimmjow return...as an actual fighter, not one of Ichigo's lackeys (little chance of that though). Whoever the mystery person is, they will probably be the key to freeing Ichigo.
You know, Kubo's been trolling so hard this arc, it wouldn't surprise me if Ichigo showed up in SS in the next panel, only to see Yamamoto dead alongside Grimmjow, both owned by Captain Buckbeard, and to have some random shinigami say "wooow, that was the BEST battle ever, and GRIMMJOW showed up too, but man did Juha Bach totally own them together by stealing the bankai of the captain commander, woooow it was such an awesome bankai too!".

Then, Ichigo attacks, and we have a boring 18 chapter long Ichigo fight!
Old 2012-09-10, 17:00   Link #592
Calca
Expressionless

Prediction: We won't see Yama-ji's bankai next chapter. We'll get the flashback of when they first fought. Also from what it looks like, Yama-ji got that initial scar from Buckbeard.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:37   Link #593
Alchemist007
*Author

You would think but didn't he already have both scars in that flashbackish panel they showed?
Old 2012-09-10, 23:31   Link #594
sayde

*looks at chapter again*
^^It would seem so.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:02   Link #595
Aesthetic Shampoo

So...steal the bankai?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:03   Link #596
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
Well I don't want to see Ichigo until his inner hollow comes back. Ichigo has become too boring. It seems all he's good at nowadays is yelling like a madman. Kubo really slaughtered his character since the defeat of Aizen.
Lol? He actually became way better since then. At least his fights don't follow the "get your arse handed to you first like there's no tomorrow, then get a sudden powerup and defeat the enemy" path.

As for him freaking out in that jail - what else did you expect in those conditions? The guy desperately wants to "protect everyone" (since the beginning of the series), but all he can do is helplessly watch how SS is getting butchered. And he was never a "calm" person to begin with.

Imho, I expect either a hollow to come out or smth alike, when his consciousness will break. And judging by those last panels with Ichigo, there's a good chance for that to happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
It would destroy everything on a few hundred meters radius, if not even more, that's how strong the heat generated from the sun's temperature is. But, well, this is bleach afterall.

Well, I guess there's sort of a barrier on it.

But definitely, if he can engulf himself in an aura with a temperature of 1.5 MILLION degrees.... he should be able to evaporate whole SS in a blink of an eye.
... and well, Unohana indeed asks him, in her thoughts, to end this fight before SS is destroyed by his own power.

Conclusion: Yamamoto Genryuusai Shigekuni is OP, and his bankai is indeed capable of mass murdering. Should've a nickname of "Mr.Genocide".

P.S. The only thing I'm worried about - for how long can he sustain that form? Or what weakness it might have?

Because it doesn't have any visible weaknesses so far - any kido or whatever you'll throw at this guy will get burned at the contact with his aura, and his sword is capable of cutting through anything, and he got the speed to match up with anyone.

Last edited by Knjaz; 2012-09-11 at 04:32.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:04   Link #597
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

chapter 507 is out btw... its just Yamamoto showing off that his bankai is as powerful as the sun itself XD
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:21   Link #598
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Thank God for that. I knew his bankai wouldn't get stolen, but it was still bothering me none the less.

Really good chapter and that is a pretty epic bankai, as expected of Old Yamma & his sword.
His bankai woulda been handy against Aizen, thats for sure, but when you face sum1 with absolute hypnosis, it'd be far too risky to use it....
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:25   Link #599
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Thank God for that. I knew his bankai wouldn't get stolen, but it was still bothering me none the less.

Really good chapter and that is a pretty epic bankai, as expected of Old Yamma & his sword.
His bankai woulda been handy against Aizen, thats for sure, but when you face sum1 with absolute hypnosis, it'd be far too risky to use it....
Aizen feared his sword (unknown if he knew about the bankai), so he had wonderweiss created to steal the flames.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 04:50   Link #600
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
but its still possible to get stolen though... the Quincy Boss next chapters may say i cannot win against your bankai so im gonna steal it instead lol
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter