021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: Words can't express the level of fail 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-21, 10:59   Link #1
sayde

Bleach Episode 327 Discussion Thread [Anime-Only]

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread.
  • Bleach Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Bleach Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Do not vote before the episode has been "released".
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Pride of the Kuchiki Family! Byakuya vs. Byakuya! - 朽木家の誇り!白哉VS白哉! ~ Kuchiki ka no hokori! Byakuya VS Byakuya!

Next episode:

Defeat Kageroza! Shinigami, All-Out War! - 影狼佐を倒せ!死神、総力戦! ~ Kageroza o taose! Shinigami, sōryokusen!.

Old 2011-06-21, 11:47   Link #2
Aqua Knight

How much longer will the filler last?
Old 2011-06-21, 12:11   Link #3
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

the fighting was immense. probably the most epic battles in bleach so far.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-06-21, 12:11   Link #4
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
How much longer will the filler last?
It likely wouldn't even take the anime a full season to catch up to where the manga is now. So odds are, we can expected at least another season or two of filler. Personally, I think we're in for roughly 100 episodes of filler similar to what Naruto did prior to beginning part 2 (Shippuden). Fortunately, unlike Naruto's filler hell, the quality of these Bleach fillers so far in terms of story and animation appears to be far more tolerable in comparison. Hell, animation-wise it's even better than the Deicide arc--which is a damn shame.

*edit*
Just watched this episode. I'm going to say it right now--the animation was fantastic. In fact, it was so good that it made Komamura vs Soifon and Byakuya vs Byakuya surprisingly entertaining for me. The animation also made those brief scenes featuring Yamamoto's one-handed swordplay another pleasure to watch. While I won't try to argue it's better than Grimmjow vs Ichigo, it's easily better than what we'd normally come to expect from Bleach and is also a step above the consistent animation we've seen throughout this arc--which is saying something. I'm happy to say that IMO, the animation to this episode does justice to the OP.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-06-21 at 12:47.
Old 2011-06-21, 13:39   Link #5
TheRime

even though the animation was ridiculously awesome:

what was UP with the Soifon vs. Komamura fight? How is Soifon, the one who killed Ggio with two hits to the lung that were so quick he thought it only felt like one, NOT able to get two hits on Koma? Really? The fact that she even had to resort to Shunko (never mind bankai) bugs me.

Honestly, I thought she would've been great against Zaraki. She coulda landed her two-hit-kill and he coulda nullified it with his spiritual pressure (like Aizen did).
Old 2011-06-21, 13:43   Link #6
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ggio was childish, kono is a experienced vet. He knows she will have to strike twice. You all underestimate him...again... and remind me why I dislike soi.
Old 2011-06-21, 19:42   Link #7
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
what was UP with the Soifon vs. Komamura fight? How is Soifon, the one who killed Ggio with two hits to the lung that were so quick he thought it only felt like one, NOT able to get two hits on Koma? Really?
Thats a complete misconception.

It only felt like one hit because he was a fraccion - in other words he's only VC level at most which is crap to ANY of the Captains.

No reason for Koma who can shunpo and sneak up to VC-level shinigami without them knowing - to see Soifons base strikes.

Koma vs Soifon fight is AWESOME!
Old 2011-06-21, 19:47   Link #8
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
even though the animation was ridiculously awesome:

what was UP with the Soifon vs. Komamura fight? How is Soifon, the one who killed Ggio with two hits to the lung that were so quick he thought it only felt like one, NOT able to get two hits on Koma? Really? The fact that she even had to resort to Shunko (never mind bankai) bugs me.
To be fair, Koma don't need to be as fast. He just need to know where it lands and proceed to counter before she lands.

But kudos to the animators or whoever wrote the arc. It is far more believable than Soi Fon losing because of some dumb reasons like "My spirit pressure is 1337, you can't stab me!" The hit that got Soi Fon wasn't very realistic but believable since Soi Fon comes across as the proud and overconfident type.

Her Bankai is more useful than ever too. Now we know what her Bankai is really made for.

Overall the pacing is good even though it's one fight per episode. We get a real conclusion unlike Soul Society vs Aizen, where majority of the fights are hack, slack , powerup or 1 hit KO.
Old 2011-06-21, 20:14   Link #9
Daisu
Strange New World
*Graphic Designer

I like this arc, i have not enjoyed bleach for a long time. I am looking forward to more kenny!
Old 2011-06-22, 05:09   Link #10
Excelion

The Komamura and Soi Fon bankai stare down and ensuing explosion was easily one of my favorite scenes in the whole series. Kudos to them stretching that scene out a bit for suspense.
Old 2011-06-22, 20:11   Link #11
Kookee2k2
OBJECTION!

I liked the animation of when komamura fell on his face, reminds me of bad santa
Old 2011-06-22, 21:12   Link #12
kitten320

Ah come on! The Komamura VS Soi Fon fight was a joke... it wasn't bad but seeing how easily shw was pwning him and then suddenly get owned?

And she could have easily done that move from Ggio Vega fight! She got a perfect hit on Komamura from behind who actually was in pain! There was so much time for her to do that trick! Or even stab him twice in one place before he could get over it and react!

Then comes bankai issua... do you really want me to believe that her bankai didn't even leave a scratch on his? A bankai which smasehd half of Barragan's face under huge rspira defence and which cracked a mega barrier that made Hachi suprised? And the blast was half raspired as well then! No way is Koma's bankai stronger than all of that when Tousen was so easily DESTROYING it! And his hollowication didn't make him THAT much stronger! Soi's bankai would not leave such hude damges but it would definetly leave a lot of cracks! And Koma should've been affected by blast too, bankai could not cover whole blast, especially the pressure.

What I can compliment though is the fact that Soi's clone did not die after that smash. All clones so far died from one strong attack while Soi survived a total smash down and used bankai too and still seems alive.
I'll believe that if clone survived all of that, real Soi would've owned Koma over and over!

P.S. I'm not Koma hater but all of that is pointing against his win so I'm not accepting this draw... though draw is better than total win.

P.S.S. Going by preview... from where did real Soi from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
To be fair, Koma don't need to be as fast. He just need to know where it lands and proceed to counter before she lands.
And that's all she needed. Koma would think that she goes for mark yet she strikes him in totally differnt place and does her super fast move and Koma is dead. But of course animators can't allow the real one to die so they had to fuck with her logic and speed.
They could have at least given Koma a partner or something, would make the result look more believable =/
Old 2011-06-22, 21:33   Link #13
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Ah come on! The Komamura VS Soi Fon fight was a joke... it wasn't bad but seeing how easily shw was pwning him and then suddenly get owned?

And she could have easily done that move from Ggio Vega fight! She got a perfect hit on Komamura from behind who actually was in pain! There was so much time for her to do that trick! Or even stab him twice in one place before he could get over it and react!
The speed of the strikes on Ggio Vega was from HIS point of view. And hes only VC-level. For a Captain Class opponent they should react much faster.

Ichigo vs Byakuya in KT, he used Senka and got speedblitz, not knowing if he got attacked from the front or back.

Same Senka on Ichigo who had captain level reiatsu on the bridge - saw every step that time. At most vega has VC-level rieatsu. Thats her speed to a VC-level fighter.

Quote:
Then comes bankai issua... do you really want me to believe that her bankai didn't even leave a scratch on his? A bankai which smasehd half of Barragan's face under huge rspira defence and which cracked a mega barrier that made Hachi suprised? And the blast was half raspired as well then! No way is Koma's bankai stronger than all of that when Tousen was so easily DESTROYING it! And his hollowication didn't make him THAT much stronger! Soi's bankai would not leave such hude damges but it would definetly leave a lot of cracks! And Koma should've been affected by blast too, bankai could not cover whole blast, especially the pressure.
Unlike Tousens attack, Soifons missile detonated against the swing of his sword not on his chest or face. KTM's sword was shattered and one of his horns were broken.

If KTM's body receives blast damage its harder to make a clear damage effect like Aizen's slash. Im pretty KTM was badly charred by the heat.

Quote:
What I can compliment though is the fact that Soi's clone did not die after that smash. All clones so far died from one strong attack while Soi survived a total smash down and used bankai too and still seems alive.

I'll believe that if clone survived all of that, real Soi would've owned Koma over and over!
The clones are not real, theyre just illusions. Theyre implied to just be distractions, they dont/cant do damage themselves.
Old 2011-06-22, 21:42   Link #14
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
The speed of the strikes on Ggio Vega was from HIS point of view. And hes only VC-level. For a Captain Class opponent they should react much faster.
It doesn't cancel the fact tha Soi Fon had BUNCH of time on her hands when she smashed suzumebachi into his back. She could so som nay things there.

And she beat him to a pulp, if not "Koma has to win becasue he is good" she would realy kill him there and then when he was barely moving.

Quote:
Unlike Tousens attack, Soifons missile detonated against the swing of his sword not on his chest or face. KTM's sword was shattered and one of his horns were broken.
Ok, it is true, it did hit the sword but there still was enough of blast to leave at least scratches over whole bpdy. Besides if it detonated from sword then Koma should've been wiped out because theblast happened right above his bare head.

Quote:
The clones are not real, theyre just illusions. Theyre implied to just be distractions, they dont/cant do damage themselves.
I have no idea what series you were watching but those guys are as real as anyone else and can actually kill. They are not illusion.
Old 2011-06-22, 22:16   Link #15
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
It doesn't cancel the fact tha Soi Fon had BUNCH of time on her hands when she smashed suzumebachi into his back. She could so som nay things there.
Youre missing the point. You cant really tell how fast things are going based on what is presented to us.

She could have gone as fast as she did against Vega but from Komamura's perspective its still within reaction.

Quote:
And she beat him to a pulp, if not "Koma has to win becasue he is good" she would realy kill him there and then when he was barely moving.
Well, yes Komamura was destined to win, just like Byakuya was destined to win against fake Hitsugaya or Kenapchi against fake Kenpachi.

Quote:
Ok, it is true, it did hit the sword but there still was enough of blast to leave at least scratches over whole bpdy. Besides if it detonated from sword then Koma should've been wiped out because theblast happened right above his bare head.
Well Soifon was basically as close to the blast as Komamura so technically shouldnt she have disappeared as well - since even firing a missile drains her reiatsu so bad...now shes going to suffer the effects of the blast so close....?

Quote:
I have no idea what series you were watching but those guys are as real as anyone else and can actually kill. They are not illusion.
What manga proof do you have of the clones damaging anyone...its generally consensus they're just optical illusions. Ask anyone.
Old 2011-06-23, 04:52   Link #16
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

As soon as Soi Fon pulled out Suzembachi from his back, Komamura began to swing Tenken, which she had to avoid at the proximity the swing was in.

She unsummoned Suzembachi under the assumption Komamura was still able to dodge her attack and proceeded to beat the crap out of him to make sure he couldn't dodge. Then when she thought she had him beat, she let her guard down and he was able to drop Tenken right on her.

Soi's rocket collided w/ Tenken's sword and you see the damage it did, it broke the sword in half, his armor was scratched up and he lost one his horns.

In all fairness, I think Koma hasn't been given a fair shake at a fight since his inception as a character. They did a pretty believable job of him beating her/making it a draw.
Old 2011-06-23, 05:02   Link #17
Kallen4life

they did the best they could since he had to win, but yeah - she should curbstomp, considering the clone power-up & shunko

her bankai should also vaporise Koma's bankai

but a great episode, one of the best in months
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2011-06-23, 05:10   Link #18
Waking_Dreamer
Dreamer King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
As soon as Soi Fon pulled out Suzembachi from his back, Komamura began to swing Tenken, which she had to avoid at the proximity the swing was in.

She unsummoned Suzembachi under the assumption Komamura was still able to dodge her attack and proceeded to beat the crap out of him to make sure he couldn't dodge. Then when she thought she had him beat, she let her guard down and he was able to drop Tenken right on her.

Soi's rocket collided w/ Tenken's sword and you see the damage it did, it broke the sword in half, his armor was scratched up and he lost one his horns.

In all fairness, I think Koma hasn't been given a fair shake at a fight since his inception as a character. They did a pretty believable job of him beating her/making it a draw.
Totally agree.

She may have been able to strike Komamura's back a second time but since her shikai doesnt kill instantly - she would have been bifurcated by Komamura's shikai just as well.

Heck we could have had a draw that way too!

Last edited by Waking_Dreamer; 2011-06-23 at 05:38.
Old 2011-06-23, 06:34   Link #19
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
Youre missing the point. You cant really tell how fast things are going based on what is presented to us.

She could have gone as fast as she did against Vega but from Komamura's perspective its still within reaction.
Komamura was cringing too much for just a mere second.

Quote:
Well, yes Komamura was destined to win, just like Byakuya was destined to win against fake Hitsugaya or Kenapchi against fake Kenpachi.
And that's why it is bad, they could've given Koma some help. Would make it far more believable. But instead we go by old Bleach scheme "Oh my, I let my guard down in like 100th time and lost!", they never learn -_-
-sigh- well Soi was winning till that point so basicly she is stronger than Koma so I can't realy complain. If not the plot, she would've wiped the floor with him. So I give props to Koma for tricking her and props to animators for making some facts clear.
By the way, I did not realise that it was his shikai at first. I don't think that it was ever shown before.

Quote:
Well Soifon was basically as close to the blast as Komamura so technically shouldnt she have disappeared as well - since even firing a missile drains her reiatsu so bad...now shes going to suffer the effects of the blast so close....?
She was slightly further so explosion wave should've frown her away and give her less damage. But yeh, she was close enough to get affected.

Quote:
What manga proof do you have of the clones damaging anyone...its generally consensus they're just optical illusions. Ask anyone.
-facepalm- why in the world would I talk about THOSE clones?! I was talking about regai.
Old 2011-06-23, 06:49   Link #20
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post

Yup this had they best way of doing things. I am loving this lets all gang up on the old guy routine.Too bad it is unrealistic cause I am sure someone would have gone bankai by now.