AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-07, 11:56   Link #11361
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
I read the preview summary; it doesnt say much plot about who joins the competition; and only says the change in rules and Tatsuya competing then people trying sabotage it....
It said Tatsuya was running through the forests so I assumed he was competing. Since it's only one volume, I wonder if this new event is the ONLY event.

Has anyone else noticed that Ayako's unusually big?
Old 2014-03-07, 12:01   Link #11362
Ultragunner

I was just about to point that out too
Old 2014-03-07, 12:13   Link #11363
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I was just about to point that out too
Oh, good. It wasn't just me. She pretty young too, but I think she might rival Mizuki.
Old 2014-03-07, 12:16   Link #11364
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Now I do...

Still, OH MY GOD, it's the twins! This is going to be SWEET!
Old 2014-03-07, 12:24   Link #11365
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Also, I've got to share this, I know this should be in the manga thread, but come on, there's just more people coming here.

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2906210856

Last edited by Lucarion; 2014-03-07 at 12:34.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:44   Link #11366
Wandering Soul

Quote:
It said Tatsuya was running through the forests so I assumed he was competing. Since it's only one volume, I wonder if this new event is the ONLY event.

So glad other people noticed that since I thought it was just me. I always like to see the twins and I am looking forward to Fumiya showing off just why he is a candidate for future head of the Yotsuba.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:51   Link #11367
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
So glad other people noticed that since I thought it was just me. I always like to see the twins and I am looking forward to Fumiya showing off just why he is a candidate for future head of the Yotsuba.
I'm looking forward to Fumiya's awkward moment after he gets caught Tatsuya worshiping in public.

Seriously though I always wonder how they're going to Address Tatsuya after the candidate is named. They both worship the ground he walks on, so it's like he's assumed to have his position rise almost automatically, and a lot of people are going to not want that.

I know it'll be brought up eventually, I just really wonder how it'll go down.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:53   Link #11368
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
I'm looking forward to Fumiya's awkward moment after he gets caught Tatsuya worshiping in public.

Seriously though I always wonder how they're going to Address Tatsuya after the candidate is named. They both worship the ground he walks on, so it's like he's assumed to have his position rise almost automatically, and a lot of people are going to not want that.

I'm more curious as to how they'll interact in public. I can't imagine them actually avoiding Tatsuya and Miyuki when they're in the same room, but they can't risk revealing their relationship.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:05   Link #11369
Rava

Quote:
[...]
If it was Erika she wont hesitate and attack; then instantly close the gap with Yamatsunami; Erika doesnt use Self-Acceleration Magic but purely physical to close in the gap; then at the moment of impact is the only time she applies magic.
I doubt Miyuki has a defense against it. or Iam wrong?
Beside Erika's normal speed is probably the same as Tatsuya.; much more if she uses Self-Acceleration Magic.
In a fight against speed those who hesitate will be the one to be killed; Lina waited for Miyuki to cast deceleration zone.

[...]
How would Erika using physical speed instead of magically boosted speed stop Miyuki from using magic on her? Not using magic to speed up doesn't make her immune to Deceleration Zone, and while Miyuki doesn't have Lina's spell spam speed, she can clearly still cast fast enough to be competitive with Lina's speed.

And Lina only hesitated on the initial volley of spells -- Deceleration Zone was popped out after she had recovered.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:16   Link #11370
anonfr

Quote:
I'm more curious as to how they'll interact in public. I can't imagine them actually avoiding Tatsuya and Miyuki when they're in the same room, but they can't risk revealing their relationship.
That's more or less what I was saying. I was just saying it more jokingly.

Can't you just imagine it? Fumiya running up "Tatsuya-onii sama! err wait.. I mean Shiba-kun"
Old 2014-03-07, 16:22   Link #11371
BW95
Banned

Quote:
That's more or less what I was saying. I was just saying it more jokingly.

Can't you just imagine it? Fumiya running up "Tatsuya-onii sama! err wait.. I mean Shiba-kun"
Oh, when you said candidate I thought you were talking about the candidacy for Yotsuba head. I'm sure he's got a little more tact than that. They're definitely gonna talk, but I can't quite see them acting like they're strangers.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:46   Link #11372
Echizen777

Aren't their true identities hidden like Tatsuya and Miyuki? I don't remember well.

They could say they are cousins or something.
Old 2014-03-07, 16:59   Link #11373
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Nice cover. No crossdressing, but it will do. And Tatsuya competing? I smell fun

Pampz, you're officially a bro for remembering nurarihyon no mago, and in this setting, something like kyoka suigetsu would be a combination of illusion magic and pseudo-teleportation.
Illusion magic yes but pseudo-teleportation can be make up with using either ghost walker or flash step; and both technique fits Erika really good.

Quote:

Well you cant be sure; but i guess we can look forward to it, he is the MC after all.

Hmmm? I always thought they were big.

Quote:

Well If Tatsuya introduce them as their cousin; someone is bound to know both are involve to the Yotsuba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
How would Erika using physical speed instead of magically boosted speed stop Miyuki from using magic on her? Not using magic to speed up doesn't make her immune to Deceleration Zone, and while Miyuki doesn't have Lina's spell spam speed, she can clearly still cast fast enough to be competitive with Lina's speed.

And Lina only hesitated on the initial volley of spells -- Deceleration Zone was popped out after she had recovered.
Nah I was just saying Erika is already speedy without magic so if she use her magic wouldnt it just cancel out the deceleration magic on her and reach her faster than Lina ever did.

Requestion:
Did anyone find it weird that the pinnacle of all swords Orochimaru only has Yamatsunami as its magic even tho in mythology its said to be a 8 headed serpent?
Is it safe to assume that its a general/specialize CAD that has 7 more magic in store?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Old 2014-03-07, 17:32   Link #11374
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Illusion magic yes but pseudo-teleportation can be make up with using either ghost walker or flash step; and both technique fits Erika really good.
Wasn't the purpose of ghost walker to avoid fighting? That definetly doesn't sound like Erika. Flash step works, though.
Old 2014-03-07, 18:49   Link #11375
Rava

Quote:
[...]
Nah I was just saying Erika is already speedy without magic so if she use her magic wouldnt it just cancel out the deceleration magic on her and reach her faster than Lina ever did.
[...]
You can't counter magic that way in Mahouka, that's the whole reason why the Flying magic test mentioned by Suzune in Volume 3 failed. Miyuki's Deceleration Zone would just overwrite whatever Erika puts up and prevent any new ones from actually sticking.
Old 2014-03-07, 18:55   Link #11376
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rava View Post
You can't counter magic that way in Mahouka, that's the whole reason why the Flying magic test mentioned by Suzune in Volume 3 failed. Miyuki's Deceleration Zone would just overwrite whatever Erika puts up and prevent any new ones from actually sticking.
But wouldnt that make both magic useless and just create a psion noise? knowing that why didnt Lina use her own magic to create useless psion; preventing both unable to cast magic?
Or is it Lina was still naive or she thought it would just end in a draw if she use it?(she did say she had advantage if it involve physical combat) isnt that the same to what happend to vol. 3 when alot of student use magic in the van and made the psion nosie/rampant.

So its official that we might see Ayako vs the Twins and Fumiya vs Shippou.
Where do you think they would participate?

EDIT: After thinking so hard...Mahouka's magician are pretty much weaker than normal mage you see in other anime...
They have to cast off their magic to perform new magic or else they would create psion noise and risk decreasing their activation speed.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-07 at 19:27.
Old 2014-03-07, 19:26   Link #11377
Rasen

Quote:
Well If Tatsuya introduce them as their cousin; someone is bound to know both are involve to the Yotsuba.
I think that may depend on how well-known the Kuroba name is.

Quote:
Requestion:
Did anyone find it weird that the pinnacle of all swords Orochimaru only has Yamatsunami as its magic even tho in mythology its said to be a 8 headed serpent?
Is it safe to assume that its a general/specialize CAD that has 7 more magic in store?
If it has more than one magic, it's a Generalized CAD.

And nothing particularly weird about the name. People like to give fancy names to things they're proud of.
Old 2014-03-07, 20:01   Link #11378
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
If it has more than one magic, it's a Generalized CAD.

And nothing particularly weird about the name. People like to give fancy names to things they're proud of.
Nah in japan im pretty sure names are important; because it gives them meaning...
Like Tatsuya's trident its called because of its 3 decomposition magic?
and Toshikazu's Ikazuchimaru; which revolve around his secret magic Lightning Tetsuzan.
Erika Mizuchimaru applies Yamatsunami but has lower power. Its is also said that Mizuchi is a dragon/Serpent and another possible reason for that is because Tatsuya made the CAD#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-07 at 20:16.
Old 2014-03-07, 20:29   Link #11379
Rasen

Quote:
Nah in japan im pretty sure names are important; because it gives them meaning...
I don't think it's three decomposition. It's just 3 loop casts.

He also used Trident in his duel against Hattori, right? Instead of Decomp, he generated three waves to knock him out.

Quote:
and Toshikazu's Ikazuchimaru; which revolve around his secret magic Lightning Tetsuzan.
Erika Mizuchimaru applies Yamatsunami but has lower power. Its is also said that Mizuchi is a dragon/Serpent and another possible reason for that is because Tatsuya made the CAD#!
Then maybe Orochimaru got its name because the kind of destruction it wreaks (some odd-ton guilotine cutting through everything) is like that of a mythical beast?

And calling it Gojira-maru would just be stupid?
Old 2014-03-07, 20:31   Link #11380
BW95
Banned

Quote:
But wouldnt that make both magic useless and just create a psion noise? knowing that why didnt Lina use her own magic to create useless psion; preventing both unable to cast magic?
Or is it Lina was still naive or she thought it would just end in a draw if she use it?(she did say she had advantage if it involve physical combat) isnt that the same to what happend to vol. 3 when alot of student use magic in the van and made the psion nosie/rampant.

So its official that we might see Ayako vs the Twins and Fumiya vs Shippou.
Where do you think they would participate?

EDIT: After thinking so hard...Mahouka's magician are pretty much weaker than normal mage you see in other anime...
They have to cast off their magic to perform new magic or else they would create psion noise and risk decreasing their activation speed.
No. That's only if the two magician's have near equal interference strength. If we're talking about Erika and Miyuki, then Miyuki's spell would just overwrite Erika's.

There's no way we'd see the twins' Twincast since all the events are pretty much one-on-one and I don't see how Ayako might end up facing both twins at once.

Quote:
Trident is just a CAD that rolls three spells into one.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings