AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 98 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 26.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-06, 01:41   Link #81
SymphonicRain

What can I say?

Beautiful episode. Simple and yet the images it provides managed to capture the imagination and emotions on my heart.

A 10 from me.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-06, 01:58   Link #82
salome75

am i the only one who is rooting for ranka/alto? i haven't seen the episode 10 yet. but what i have read so far it makes me a little bit sad..cause it looks like sheryl and alto end up together?! still rooting for alto/ranka. don't hate..but i don't like sheryl at all!
Old 2008-06-06, 02:05   Link #83
Westlo
Lets be reality

It's a pretty good episode for Ranka and Alto fans as well.. and no you're not the only one rooting for them, it's just that Sheryl and Alto are more popular here and in most places. You really don't see characters like Sheryl that often in anime.. it's no wonder she's so popular. Ranka's still kinda in her archetype mold.. bu I'm sure she will break from it.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:06   Link #84
.Mero

Quote:
Originally Posted by salome75 View Post
am i the only one who is rooting for ranka/alto? i haven't seen the episode 10 yet. but what i have read so far it makes me a little bit sad..cause it looks like sheryl and alto end up together?! still rooting for alto/ranka. don't hate..but i don't like sheryl at all!
Please don't jump to conclusions, it's Macross and it's only episode 10
How can you say already whoxwho is gonna be

Can't wait to watch it when i get home. Looking good so far.
But really, they should make a spinoff dedicated to Klein
Old 2008-06-06, 02:07   Link #85
SymphonicRain

Anything can happend from episode 11 to 26.

Though at the meantime, unfortunately for you, the world's swarmed with Sheryl X Alto fans than Rank X Alto fans. Not that I hate Ranka, but my biaseness with lolis is a significant factor I guess.

In short, when the series end, its either your side or my side(I'm a Sheryl fan) who will be throwing burning molotov cocktails into Kawamori's home. :P
Old 2008-06-06, 02:07   Link #86
salome75

well then..i have to stay here to represent all the alto/ranka fans can't wait to see the episode

well you guys are right. anything can happen..i just had that feeling
Old 2008-06-06, 02:14   Link #87
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
What can I say?

Beautiful episode. Simple and yet the images it provides managed to capture the imagination and emotions on my heart.

A 10 from me.

Spoiler:
I've actually been reading the Sheryl blog and it really sheds light on some of the things that occur in the show. One of the recent entries states that she has no interest in other entertainers, but that she was really moved by a singer in a musical 3 years before the events in the show. The singer was really special in that it was almost as if a breeze were brushing against her face when woman sang and she felt that it could bad for her if there were a lot of people like her. Ranka made the same impression on her. Placed in that light, it's not surprising that she totally ignored the girl. Plus I'm sure Sheryl can see through phonies pretty easily.

P.S. Her comment about it being bad for her if there were too many people like the singer was tongue in cheek.

Last edited by ickem; 2008-06-06 at 02:43.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:34   Link #88
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by salome75 View Post
Wow. A real RankaxAlto fan like me? I must be dreaming. Don't believe what you read, just go watch the episode yourself is the best advice I can give you. You'll be a lot happier.

The character blogs seem interesting. All this time, I thought fans were writing on the character blogs. I didn't know those were in-character thoughts. My jap sucks.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:34   Link #89
SymphonicRain

That's an interesting insight. If only there's a thread dedicated for translation of Macross characters' blogs.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:43   Link #90
Westlo
Lets be reality

I recall a poster (on MW I think) saying that Sheryl mentioned last week how she was slacking in her pilates and was paying the price for not doing it after using the ex-gear. Last episode she was doing pilates while on the phone to Alto.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:54   Link #91
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
So is this forum going to turn into a huge fight over who people think Alto should form a lasting relationship with in the end, because I need to know now. Really this isn't even a competitive relationship like something you'd see in a cheesy Visual Novel adaptation, but a mutually supportive relationship the three leads have entered into so I can't understand the fretting over it.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:57   Link #92
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
Wow. A real RankaxAlto fan like me? I must be dreaming. Don't believe what you read, just go watch the episode yourself is the best advice I can give you. You'll be a lot happier.

The character blogs seem interesting. All this time, I thought fans were writing on the character blogs. I didn't know those were in-character thoughts. My jap sucks.
I thought so too until an entry that was written in Sheryl's blog after episode 8. It stated that using the Ex-Gear really kicked her ass because she had been slacking off on her work outs since leaving Galaxy. She had only been stretching and doing minor workouts since starting her tour whereas she used to spend an hour and a half each day in the gym. And of course episode 9 shows her stretching etc.
Old 2008-06-06, 02:58   Link #93
SymphonicRain

Doubtful there will be. I see this forum to have a considerable united fanbase with an exception of few who can't seem to be pleased.

Just that whatever the outcome of the relationship in the series, the only victim would be Kawamori.
Old 2008-06-06, 03:00   Link #94
salome75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
So is this forum going to turn into a huge fight over who people think Alto should form a lasting relationship with in the end, because I need to know now. Really this isn't even a competitive relationship like something you'd see in a cheesy Visual Novel adaptation, but a mutually supportive relationship the three leads have entered into so I can't understand the fretting over it.

nobody is fighting..just sharing opinions..is that fighting for you? not for me. i'm a very peaceful person
Old 2008-06-06, 03:03   Link #95
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
So is this forum going to turn into a huge fight over who people think Alto should form a lasting relationship with in the end, because I need to know now.
Turn into....? You mean it hasn't already? lol.

Quote:
Really this isn't even a competitive relationship like something you'd see in a cheesy Visual Novel adaptation, but a mutually supportive relationship the three leads have entered into so I can't understand the fretting over it.
I guess that's why people actually care about this triangle more so than those cheesy VN adaptions. And c'mon love triangles and debating them has been apart of Macross fandom for the last 25 years. The "battlelines" would've been drawn if this was 10 years ago before the rise of VN adaptions. Look at stuff like Tenchi and El Hazard...
Old 2008-06-06, 03:24   Link #96
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Turn into....? You mean it hasn't already? lol.

I guess that's why people actually care about this triangle more so than those cheesy VN adaptions. And c'mon love triangles and debating them has been apart of Macross fandom for the last 25 years. The "battlelines" would've been drawn if this was 10 years ago before the rise of VN adaptions. Look at stuff like Tenchi and El Hazard...
Yeah, but at least the concept was fresh then. Macross Frontier is more a victim of the era then a victim of it's own writing. I guess I'm just kind of weary of this sort of discussion. Had it been ten years earlier it wouldn't remind me of the kind of talk you'd hear in the Shuffle or Clannad forum and more of just a romance by chance that is common in the Macross universe. You know, worlds colliding versus destined ones and stuff like that. Damn those types of shows for running the concept into the ground and I can only hope that Macross Frontie can actually do something to with it that will allow for a debate with substance.

At least I can be comfortable in the fact that I'm not likely to hear any "x should win because of this moe scene" and more arguments based on personality and benefits of a long term relationship for Alto.....I think.
Old 2008-06-06, 03:35   Link #97
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Yeah, but at least the concept was fresh then. Macross Frontier is more a victim of the era then a victim of it's own writing. I guess I'm just kind of weary of this sort of discussion...At least I can be comfortable in the fact that I'm not likely to hear any "x should win because of this moe scene" and more arguments based on personality and benefits of a long term relationship for Alto.....I think.
Hear, hear. It's good to be wary, but I have a feeling that regular viewers participating on this forum (and the few other Macross boards) are more likely older and mature, or at least able to prevent discussion threads from veering off into the types you've mentioned.
Old 2008-06-06, 03:53   Link #98
jonli
JONLIの憂'

For the love of Sheryl x Alto, I'm willing to wage war against any Ranka x Alto fans (even though I like Ranka too. But seriously, bitch, don't get in the way ) edit: oops i think i just proved myself to be an immature brat...
Quote:
I've actually been reading the Sheryl blog and it really sheds light on some of the things that occur in the show. One of the recent entries states that she has no interest in other entertainers, but that she was really moved by a singer in a musical 3 years before the events in the show. The singer was really special in that it was almost as if a breeze were brushing against her face when woman sang and she felt that it could bad for her if there were a lot of people like her. Ranka made the same impression on her. Placed in that light, it's not surprising that she totally ignored the girl. Plus I'm sure Sheryl can see through phonies pretty easily.

P.S. Her comment about it being bad for her if there were too many people like the singer was tongue in cheek.
Interested...as in...romantically interested? Or just interested?

Is there a translated version of this blog? Chinese or English? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 2008-06-06, 04:04   Link #99
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Just interested I believe.

I also believe this 'interest' is what made her interested in Ranka. Supposedly she gives off the same vibe she got from that one singer.

in the shadows i lurk... but nevertheless there i am...
Old 2008-06-06, 04:07   Link #100
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
For the love of Sheryl x Alto, I'm willing to wage war against any Ranka x Alto fans (even though I like Ranka too. But seriously, bitch, don't get in the way ) edit: oops i think i just proved myself to be an immature brat...

Is there a translated version of this blog? Chinese or English? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Interested as in she was very moved. No idea if there are any translations of the blogs though.

P.S. I would be willing to join the Sheryl x Alto crusade should the need ever arise.
Closed Thread