AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-12, 00:30   Link #201
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But Jizou is protector of women, children, firefighters, souls that would suffer in hell and travelers. So these vampires are targeting to turn children then?

So someone in the town invited this calamity on it? I heard that a vampire couldn't enter an area without being invited first.
Wouldn't be the first time. Stephen King's Salem's Lot had multiple children vampires running around. I don't know if they would go that route as it's very very dark but who knows. Have a school bus full of vampire children running around tend to do that to a plot.

A vampire to my understanding can't enter private property without being invited in but there are multiple ways around this. The vampire can mesmerize someone to invite them in or force the person out somehow and then get them.

http://www.tabula-rasa.info/Horror/VampireMythos.html

^Relatively decent writeup on vampire limitations.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 00:36   Link #202
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Probably the only new one this season to show any real promise. :/

Really want to know about the blue haired boy she crushed on. He seems too detached.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 01:06   Link #203
Buddy Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
...I am a bit surprised that no one recognize the art style.
Fujisaki is a big name on JUMP and his quirky design literally is his trade mark.
Hoshin Engi was a long time ago, and every other series he's launched was a flop. He had to move to Jump Square and adapt someone else's work to achieve any kind of success; he's not exactly a big name any more.
Buddy Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 01:51   Link #204
BigSky
Death & Rebirth

I thought Megumi was the main character but she "died" o.O
Old 2010-07-12, 03:58   Link #205
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSky View Post
I thought Megumi was the main character but she "died" o.O
I saw dream sequences, and was very pleased at being able to see what she saw. Maybe should isn't really dead? Maybe we get to explore her dream world? *hopes*

Maybe the blue haired guy saves her?
Old 2010-07-12, 05:45   Link #206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I saw dream sequences, and was very pleased at being able to see what she saw. Maybe should isn't really dead? Maybe we get to explore her dream world? *hopes*

Maybe the blue haired guy saves her?
I'm not sure about that. I figure if Megumi was hanging off a cliff and he was nearby that he would just keep walking. Haven't gotten to see much of him so far, but "a jerk" is the first impression.

I'm doubting we'll see much more of Megumi besides the OP and maybe some flashbacks. It's too bad since while with issues was one of the more interesting characters there.
Old 2010-07-12, 14:23   Link #207
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Because the whole vampire talk has just been speculation so far.
Old 2010-07-12, 14:29   Link #208
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

zombies? vampires? what's the difference? :P they all are just mindless things that want to destroy you. but they run on sound . . . like bats?!
Old 2010-07-12, 15:58   Link #209
Terizent
Nonsense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
zombies? vampires? what's the difference? :P they all are just mindless things that want to destroy you. but they run on sound . . . like bats?!
No, vampires aren't always out to eradicate humanity, there's plenty of stories with friendly ones. And I haven't heard of a vampire that uses echolocation before...

Zombies are reanimated corpses, and almost always are used in horror films. They hunger for human brains, and most importantly, they don't have any intelligence, so to say. All they do is moan and stumble around and bite people. Also, they look like decomposing corpses.

Vampires, on the other hand, died, but came back. They want blood instead of brains. Usually they have some shred of intelligence left, at least enough to talk and make decisions, and sometimes even have the same personalities. They have weaknesses, like sunlight, religious symbols, etc. And also, they just look like fanged, pale versions of themselves before they were turned into vampires.
Terizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 20:16   Link #210
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
No, vampires aren't always out to eradicate humanity, there's plenty of stories with friendly ones. And I haven't heard of a vampire that uses echolocation before...

Zombies are reanimated corpses, and almost always are used in horror films. They hunger for human brains, and most importantly, they don't have any intelligence, so to say. All they do is moan and stumble around and bite people. Also, they look like decomposing corpses.

Vampires, on the other hand, died, but came back. They want blood instead of brains. Usually they have some shred of intelligence left, at least enough to talk and make decisions, and sometimes even have the same personalities. They have weaknesses, like sunlight, religious symbols, etc. And also, they just look like fanged, pale versions of themselves before they were turned into vampires.
LOL, *bows to Sensei zombie. A comparative study, ey?

I was thinking of high school of the dead, when the zombies were running into lockers because they operate by sound. (Everything is almost all the same this season or not good) I keep getting confused. >.<

My point is, it doesn't matter, because the unliving/undeadish things are there to destroy the protagonists of the story. I guess it matters in how one kills them, but the shows seem to be making up their own rules, like getting stabbed in the head is the only way to permanently kill them.

But Shiki -- is about the pink haired girl with the pony tails who stares at her neighbor a lot, sees a spirit of some sort, and gets knocked out.

That spirit doesn't seem like a vampire to me, nor zombie, maybe some sort of evil spirit or fallen god or something. He was really bright.
Old 2010-07-12, 22:26   Link #211
LunaNeko

Quite a few summaries for the series all over the web mentions vampires - so I was pretty much tipped off before I watched first episode - besides Buck-Tick loves to do OP for vampire anime: Trinity Blood, Nightwalker...so that was my other clue. Not sure if its considered a spoiler when ANN puts it in summary, lol.
Anyways, I wonder if there is a reason why Mother's design is not revealed yet. We only see her from the back in episode 1 and there is no picture of her on character's page.
LunaNeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 23:41   Link #212
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaNeko View Post
Anyways, I wonder if there is a reason why Mother's design is not revealed yet. We only see her from the back in episode 1 and there is no picture of her on character's page.
Mother is shown in the OP a lot.
Old 2010-07-13, 06:54   Link #213
SMT
*Artist

Found the first episode pretty interesting(I didn't expect that at all) and I liked Megumi, rather sad that she died. Will definitely be watching the next episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm not sure about that. I figure if Megumi was hanging off a cliff and he was nearby that he would just keep walking. Haven't gotten to see much of him so far, but "a jerk" is the first impression.
I may be wrong but I thought this guy was more touched than he pretended. Just a feeling, though.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 08:50   Link #214
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post

And they dont sparkle
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 08:55   Link #215
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I watched the first episode yesterday, and it was most interesting, at the very least. Megumi wasn't endearing at the least, and I didn't find the guy she stalked to be a jerk, quite frankly. I thought she was irksome myself.

But we are thrown into an ocean of mysteries with the answers far away. Let the speculations commence!
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 08:56   Link #216
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
And they dont sparkle
Well clearly that is what the world of fiction needs: Sparkling Zombies.
Old 2010-07-13, 09:05   Link #217
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
I am not really convinced that we have enough information to label him as a jerk just yet. Sure, his reactions towards Megumi were not the nicest possible, but keep in mind that he does not like her. For reasons we don't know as of yet (ultimately not that important even), he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. He doesn't want to have her talking to him, and he most definitely doesn't want her stalking outside his windows (You would be quite creeped out if something like that was happening to you, despite it might look "cute" in anime from her point of view). What i am saying is, she kept intruding upon him, going as far as stalking him, while he obviously didn't want to have any of it. All things considered, it isn't surprising his first reaction doesn't constitute shedding tears for her. He seemed to consider her a pain in the behind, and that alone does not a jerk make.
Old 2010-07-13, 09:40   Link #218
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

@Skyfall

That is quite my point. Not liking a girl and not showing your non-existent affection for her does not a jerk make. I also thought it was creepy having her stalk his window.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 10:34   Link #219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am not really convinced that we have enough information to label him as a jerk just yet. Sure, his reactions towards Megumi were not the nicest possible, but keep in mind that he does not like her. For reasons we don't know as of yet (ultimately not that important even), he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. He doesn't want to have her talking to him, and he most definitely doesn't want her stalking outside his windows (You would be quite creeped out if something like that was happening to you, despite it might look "cute" in anime from her point of view). What i am saying is, she kept intruding upon him, going as far as stalking him, while he obviously didn't want to have any of it. All things considered, it isn't surprising his first reaction doesn't constitute shedding tears for her. He seemed to consider her a pain in the behind, and that alone does not a jerk make.
That's why I was going with more first impressions rather than a full blown labeling of his character .
Old 2010-07-13, 10:53   Link #220
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
That's why I was going with more first impressions rather than a full blown labeling of his character .
If gender's were reversed he'd be labeled as Tsundere and we probably wouldnt have all the "jerk" talk

I didnt really think he was a jerk more that I found Megumi's infatuation with him rather annoying. She fully does admit to him she knows he doesnt like her which like Sky said Im sure will find out more about this later, so I wasnt really surprised by his action at the end of the episode. Actually the way that scene was set up I nearly thought she was still watching him even though she's dead....I think...not sure at the moment.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire