AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 10:53   Link #7921
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I saw the new armors... not impressed... at all, its been... 10 years and they still just retexture the chest? Can't they by now add stuff like they did with the legs after 5 years? Not to mention the long dresses on 60% of the sets. Cool armor is one of the many things MMOs need. Cool shoulder and helm designs (Some) aren't enough.
Old 2012-09-27, 12:33   Link #7922
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The Pet Battles system amused me as it plays music from Warcraft I and II during the fights.
Old 2012-09-27, 13:32   Link #7923
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
The Pet Battles system amused me as it plays music from Warcraft I and II during the fights.
I noticed that too. Wish they had more music or custom music for it. Pet Battles could really use some unique music that gets the blood pumping like Pokemon does.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 21:24   Link #7924
Kyouka
Is Here

i think i been on wow this week more then i been on combined for 6 months
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mafuyu/simple =D my first 90
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 05:27   Link #7925
Destined_Fate

Gratz on the 90, how's the leveling experience this time around?
Old 2012-09-29, 05:37   Link #7926
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I saw the new armors... not impressed... at all, its been... 10 years and they still just retexture the chest? Can't they by now add stuff like they did with the legs after 5 years? Not to mention the long dresses on 60% of the sets. Cool armor is one of the many things MMOs need. Cool shoulder and helm designs (Some) aren't enough.
It's an old engine and it's not likely to get updated, since much of the nuts and bolts focus Blizzard will be putting on Project Titan.

I do admit that the armor designs in Warcraft are pretty primitive compared to newer games, especially some of the more OTT stuff like Blade & Soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Gratz on the 90, how's the leveling experience this time around?
It feels pretty similar to how it was in Cata, a mix of kill quests, fedex quests and very welcome silly quests, but faster. There are tons of folks at 90 already, and I've played maybe uh, three or so hours since the expansion dropped and I'm already halfway to 87. Annoyed everyone is so fast, though, since I probably won't get in on the realm-first Sha of Anger kill.

Last edited by synaesthetic; 2012-09-29 at 06:01.
synaesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 07:42   Link #7927
Kyouka
Is Here

brutal as hell </3 i hate lvling and i have to do it 2 more times on my alts later on
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 21:29   Link #7928
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It isn't brutal if you have an organised group and got ahead of the pack/roadblock/ganksquads. How it went for me:

85-86 - 2 hrs. Do Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery over and over.
86-87 - 3 hrs. Do Jade Serpent and Stormstout Brewery over and over.
87-88 - 4 hrs. Do Shado-Pan Monastery and Mogu'shan Palace once each. Quest in Kun-Lai Summit.
88-89 - 5 hrs. Finish Kun-Lai Summit, quest in Townlong Steppes.
89-90 - 6 hrs. Finish Townlong Steppes, quest in Dread Wastes. (Would have been faster if the rest of my group didn't fold at 89. Had to pick up one person to guts it out with.)

The major lot of ganksquads and time wasters were a few hours behind. If you leapt ahead early aka avoided Jade Forest, Four Winds and Krasarang, went into instances until 87 then went questing, you got ahead and not many would be in the mood for ganking or griefing since they were going for server firsts.

That way I kept ahead of the pack, but I also had Klaxxi rep into Honored once I was 90, had unlocked the Vale of Eternal Blossoms gate and picked up gear to jump straight into Heroics.

As of now, I only need two more items to be ready to do LFR next week (and would have if healers didn't roll on everything...). Got all the Tillers farmers reps to Exalted two nights ago from a few hours work (love Dark Soil!). Tillers themselves at Honored, Cloud Serpents will be Reverred tonight (can't find Obsidian Eggs, that one is heavily contested). Did Lorewalkers to Exalted in half an hour last night. Getting 600 Enchanting and Tailoring was darn easy, just racking up mats for when I can unlock the major Tailoring and Enchanting perks and start hawking them. Dailies I can knock off in one hour with the group of four I roll with for them. Will do Archaeology once my ilvl is ready for LFR (aka 463). Done some of the 'pokemon-ish' Battle Pets stuff while waiting in queues - caught 3 rares early on. Ones I'm focusing on levelling at the moment are Magical Crawdad, Red Cricket and Widow Spiderling. All have different healing moves and good attack. Sustain definitely seems to be a good tactic to levelling and winning.

Not sure if I want to get an alt to 90 yet. Not looking forward to doing it alone.
Old 2012-09-29, 23:18   Link #7929
Xacual

Keeping ahead of the pack is always the key. Or being so far behind that the pack no longer exists. That's what I was hoping for with BC leveling a draenei shaman but I leveled too fast I guess and caught up with the majority of people around Nagrand / Terokkar leveling. Then again I was server first draenei to 70, sadly server first achievements for that kind of stuff didn't exist back then .

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 11:12   Link #7930
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Best thing with MoP so far? I haven't decided if I want to come back and play it so would just like to know.
Old 2012-09-30, 14:43   Link #7931
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd ask how the questing is, but it seems like the speed demons are running instances and evading the early (traditionally congested) questing areas.

I went back to doing more Loremaster stuff last night. I'd completed it well before CATA so I did it when it was 700+ for each of the original Continents. After CATA I was going around going the revamped individual zone quest chains for more more Achievments. I stopped at some point becaues we were gearing for raiding, but never really raided much. I went back and did Badlands and Searing Gorge last night.

The guild was at level 19 just before MoP started, I think it is at level 22 now.
Old 2012-09-30, 21:22   Link #7932
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I'm not really bothered about leveling its the least fun for me in MMO's. What I do the most is PvP and playing the auction ^^
Old 2012-10-01, 02:39   Link #7933
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

There's nothing available yet from vendors, so not many people are PvPing. They're busy finishing gearing from heroics. And some classes are just too ridiculous. So unless you're plate or a lock, don't bother. Protection Warriors being able to 1v3 people at 90 with ease is just stupid. Hi, I can full heal myself in 5 seconds over and over! As can Warlocks....

As for questing, all zones have good questing. The problem is competition from other players and the issue of faction skewed servers exerting that population dominance. While Sha of Anger and Galleon being up multiple times a week is good, it's bad if you're in the minority faction because the other side will flaunt their ability to get extras to guard them, etc.
Old 2012-10-01, 02:56   Link #7934
Destined_Fate

Beastmasters are pretty powerful as well since they got Silencing Shot and Readiness. The burst they can push out is very high and since the season hasn't started a Beastmaster can burst nearly anyone down without too much trouble if you use your CC correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
I'm not really bothered about leveling its the least fun for me in MMO's. What I do the most is PvP and playing the auction ^^
Well, the Season hasn't started and Healers are angry that they aren't godmode like they were in Cata.
Old 2012-10-01, 15:44   Link #7935
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well, the Season hasn't started and Healers are angry that they aren't godmode like they were in Cata.
Can you blame them? There's no point to being a healer in PvP if any DPS can just curbstomp you no matter how much you resist, since you pose no threat to anyone else.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 18:25   Link #7936
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Can't say about in CATA since I didn't do a lot of serious PVP battlegrounds or even Tol Barad much in CATA. I do recall in WRATH doing a lot of Wintergrasp and having several times where I would be dueling the healers and it coming up close from time to time. Druids that didn't say in tree form and priests dended to be a pain sometimes, and paladins were always a pain in the ass with there bubble and speed (which was why I wanted Chaos Bolt to be able to punch that bubble). I did manage to kill one that thought he was out of range when I tagged him with my Fist Rockets (engineering) that had better range than any of my skills.
Old 2012-10-15, 16:21   Link #7937
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So it has been at least half a month since release. What do people think of Mists of Pandaria so far?

I have not gotten it yet, though I have finished by old backlog of Loremaster requirements for all the old zones, just to have them done (since I did them all before CATA I had Loremaster already, I just wanted to have all the storylines finished). I've been working on mount rep from Winterspring because I hadn't really done that before. And I'm doing Avengers of Hyjal rep because I stopped playing just a little after that started.
Old 2012-10-15, 16:37   Link #7938
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Important factor for me, how's the gear acquisition and difference between gear? Is it still "raid/arena or get roflstomped in PvP" or does one who enjoys battlegrounds actually stand a fair chance these days?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 17:10   Link #7939
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Important factor for me, how's the gear acquisition and difference between gear? Is it still "raid/arena or get roflstomped in PvP" or does one who enjoys battlegrounds actually stand a fair chance these days?
pvp > pve gear in bg.
pvp = pve gear in dungeon/raid >>> though most people don't believe me till I have highest dps .
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 17:37   Link #7940
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Generally that would be considered wrong in raids due to Resilience no longer giving you nothing again mobs and bosses. In a dungeon (even a heroic) it usually doesn't seem to matter that much, as our tank started off with pvp gear because that is what he could get...and he was was a paladin in WRATH. Verse the mountains of undead, he could probably have gone naked and still held aggro until the dps knocked them all down.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows