AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Monogatari Series Second Season - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 13 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 34.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-08-18, 09:53   Link #41
Pi-face
Donut shop owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate_noob View Post
Spoiler:

That's Ougi under the moonlight.
Her hair become long. What kind of moonlight? If you look at the sky, there is daytime, not night. Could you write short summury on Koyomimonogatari in Light Novel discussion?

Last edited by Pi-face; 2013-08-18 at 10:03.
Pi-face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 10:10   Link #42
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yeah. Though whatever he does... he'll still be on hand to stop the tiger.

And with eleven years to work with... won't he be tempted to stop other things? Hitagi's possession by a crab, Kanbaru's by a money, Nadeko's by a snake?

And the more ambiguous stuff. What would he do about Kissshot Acerola Orion Heart-Under-Blade? Or the complex, like Tsubasa's relationship with her parents?
He wouldn't want to stop those things because they deserve what happened to them.

Hitagi asked the Crab to take her feelings and Kanbaru asked the devil to fulfill her wish. As for Nadeko I guess there really isn't anything he could do this far back in time.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 11:54   Link #43
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi-face View Post
I was hoping too. It brings a question - who is depicted on this picture then?
It's from koyomimonogatari, Ougi's month.

First off, who is Ougi?
Second off, you said it is from Koyomimonogatari. So basically, it wasn't included in the anime yet?
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 12:03   Link #44
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
First off, who is Ougi?
Second off, you said it is from Koyomimonogatari. So basically, it wasn't included in the anime yet?
She was the girl from the beginning of this episode.

Last edited by chaos_alfa; 2013-08-18 at 13:30. Reason: Removed a wrong statement
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 12:09   Link #45
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

That picture is from Koyomimonogatari and supposedly a picture of Ougi. As you can see, anime Ougi has dark hair while LN Ougi SEEMS to have long blonde/white hair.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:19   Link #46
Haiprbim
Banned

Thank-you very much for sharing, both of you.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:27   Link #47
Mentar
Banned

Well... I didn't read this arc, so I am completely blind. Still, if there hadn't been the interesting time tracel twist at the end, the episode would have ended up with a "Poor" instead of an "Average".

Sorry. In my opinion, the start was NisioIsshin at his worst: Wordy and _boring_. Frankly, after all the Hanekawa episodes, what I want is not pseudo-profound BLAH from secondary characters I don't care about, but interesting characters actually DOING interesting things. Only the last 5 minutes succeeded in that.

I read with hope that many people seem to consider this arc to be really good. Would love it to be. But so far, the majority was not.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 13:49   Link #48
king12354

I actually enjoyed the musings of Araragi and co. It's refreshing and different than most other dialogue in anime.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 15:08   Link #49
freeofgreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Pisses me off that's it's only 4 episodes but oh well. I've looked forward to this one the most so it's finally time. Ononoki's turquoise was so bright and lush, loved it.
Just out of curiosity was it confirmed somewhere that this arc would only be 4 episodes? Cause the wiki says that this season would be 26 episodes, and taking off that recap ep won't it be 5 episodes per volume?
freeofgreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 17:30   Link #50
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Who was the girl that Aragari was talking to in the episode? Her eyes were all dark so I take it that she's going to be a supernatural at some point.

Otherwise, I"m guessing Baby Vamp will take part in this as well. Oh well...Shinobu's ok.

I was happy to see Yotsugi though. She and that other girl were the best things about Nisemonogaratari until it ended suddenly
Old 2013-08-18, 19:05   Link #51
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

I freakin' love Shinobu... in fact, I was expecting her to be trolling Ararararagi the whole time, so count me as genuinely surprised when they were revealed to have travelled 11 years back in time.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 20:13   Link #52
Qilin
Romanticist

From the title, this arc is going to be about Mayoi, but watching Koyomi and Shinobu acting like total dumbasses was good for a laugh. All the standard Nisio Isin babbling is there, but it remains to be seen how much of it will actually be relevant to the arc.
Old 2013-08-18, 20:37   Link #53
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Is Ononoki alive at this time span?
Old 2013-08-18, 20:47   Link #54
achirist

Have we seen Ougi in the anime before this episode? I had no idea who she was or why she was at the school. There are too many girls who look similar except for the eyes.

This episode was so great! And refreshing since we're getting into some fresher territory then the Hankawa-cat stuff. Araragi even interacted with some rarer characters, and it was great to see she with the non-posed look again. Will Hajikuji be turned into a live girl that will grow up and be conceivably older then Arraragi through this time travel, or will she she upgrade to a different type of apparition?
Old 2013-08-18, 23:06   Link #55
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
From the title, this arc is going to be about Mayoi, but watching Koyomi and Shinobu acting like total dumbasses was good for a laugh. All the standard Nisio Isin babbling is there, but it remains to be seen how much of it will actually be relevant to the arc.
Come to think of it, yeah I agree, Araragi and Shinobuemon seems to be acting less intellegent than usual this episode. Jumping through time because you haven't finish your homework?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 23:27   Link #56
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
Is Ononoki alive at this time span?
Yotsuki is now a magical Familiar. Shinto mages in myth is suppose to be able to create servants out of inanimate objects. Yotsuki is now an Oddity, not a human, so she is an un-aging golem. Also note that she actually destroys a part of herself to use her energy beam attack last season, and that her regeneration repairs the damaged part instantly.

What made her unusual is that she is actually a flesh golem. Obviously some laws had to be broken for Yozuru to have access to a 100 year old human corpse, so that's why it is meant to be a secret.
Old 2013-08-18, 23:42   Link #57
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Come to think of it, yeah I agree, Araragi and Shinobuemon seems to be acting less intellegent than usual this episode. Jumping through time because you haven't finish your homework?
even worse was the fact that he missed his homework because he watched Heart Catch Precure.
Old 2013-08-19, 00:48   Link #58
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Yotsuki is now a magical Familiar. Shinto mages in myth is suppose to be able to create servants out of inanimate objects. Yotsuki is now an Oddity, not a human, so she is an un-aging golem. Also note that she actually destroys a part of herself to use her energy beam attack last season, and that her regeneration repairs the damaged part instantly.

What made her unusual is that she is actually a flesh golem. Obviously some laws had to be broken for Yozuru to have access to a 100 year old human corpse, so that's why it is meant to be a secret.
Yes, but I think the question is, was she created before or after 11 years ago?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 00:51   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
even worse was the fact that he missed his homework because he watched Heart Catch Precure.
Shaft cut out the part where Shinobu told him that Heart Catch Precure shouldn't yet have been airing at this point in time. (As at this point, the story took place over less than a year, while in real life years have gone by.) Funny as they were discussing paradoxes.

Shinobu also said she doesn't know what "paradox" meant, but then Araragi rebutted by saying she used the word "paradox" many times in past novels already.

A pity that Shaft has to cut out all these fourth wall breaking moments. I understand they had to, but it does hurt the humour.
Old 2013-08-19, 02:39   Link #60
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes, but I think the question is, was she created before or after 11 years ago?
thank you for clarifying my question since just like Mayoi and Araragi, they all "died" and "revived"

11 years ago, is Yotsuki a human, dead or now a familiar? she might not be even born at this time yet