AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-11-09, 13:37   Link #1
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Eromanga-sensei [Light Novel]

The official website for Kadokawa's Dengeki Bunko novel imprint unveiled the details and an illustration for Oreimo author Tsukasa Fushimi's upcoming light novel, Ero Manga Sensei - Imōto to Akazu no Ma (Ero Manga Sensei - My Little Sister and the Locked Room). As with Oreimo (Ore no Imoto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai), Hiro Kanzaki will once again draw the illustrations for Ero Manga Sensei.

The "new sibling romantic comedy" revolves around Masamune Izumi, a light novel author in high school. Masamune's little sister is Sagiri, a shut-in girl who hasn't left her room for an entire year. She even forces her brother to make and bring her meals when she stomps the floor. Masamune wants his sister to leave her room, because the two of them are each other's only family.

Masamune's novel illustrator, penname “Ero Manga Sensei,” draws extremely perverted drawings, and is very reliable. Masamune had never met his illustrator, and figured he was just a disgusting, perverted otaku. However, the truth is revealed … that his “Ero Manga Sensei” is his own younger sister! To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...novel-outlined

Opinion: I'm willing to bet that by the end of the series the two of them will be in each other's pants.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 13:43   Link #2
Miraluka
Banned

There won't be any problems as long as Sagari doesn't behaves like a jerk, something that made people hate Kirino.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 14:46   Link #3
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
There won't be any problems as long as Sagari doesn't behaves like a jerk, something that made people hate Kirino.
I agree. I've grown tired of tsundere imouto's and this one looks like the cute type.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 14:49   Link #4
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....

I got tired of tsunderes (esp the violent ones) a looooong time ago.

That being said, all this does not look like my cup of tea at all, but I wonder if the author will "learn" from whatever "mistakes" they saw in the earlier OreImouto series or will continue to "ride on the coattails" of the former?
Old 2013-11-09, 14:52   Link #5
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

With those facial expressions, i can foresee ANOTHER tsundere, although not as violent as Kirino.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 14:55   Link #6
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
With those facial expressions, i can foresee ANOTHER tsundere, although not as violent as Kirino.
Actually, I'd be fine with a tsundere as long as she's not some violent gorilla.
Old 2013-11-09, 15:49   Link #7
Frontier

It doesn't look like the author's branching out that much after Oreimo .
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 15:55   Link #8
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Nice artwork so far, I really like the art style of Hiro Kanzaki. It seems like the heroine will be a tsundere again,which I love btw.(tsundere ftw!)
Story sounds pretty interesting to me. I just hope they will take a more serious approach to the incest theme this time. OreImo was overall a good series but the ending was kinda disappointing because it was so ambiguous (though pretty much everyone knows that the relationship of the siblings is not over ). Anyway looking forward to this one.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:06   Link #9
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
It doesn't look like the author's branching out that much after Oreimo .
Yeah. Did you notice the characters are in the same pose as Kirino and Kyousuke?
Old 2013-11-09, 16:27   Link #10
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Hmnnn... What actually interests me is that "they are their only family" bit; in Oreimo one of the things that struck me the most was that the characters "held back" a lot when faced "against society" and a big part of that was how the parents saw them; which gave that "your true self vs public self" typical of a closet otaku, which to me was the whole point of the series in the beginning.

I feel like this could take some very different directions thanks to that. I would like it if the undermined goal of the series was to "build a family" via the siblings gaining and meeting people that they can trust, rely and confide in (aka "friends").

Baseless prediction : The shoujo author will fall in love with the imouto rather than the nii-san
Old 2013-11-09, 19:18   Link #11
Shadow5YA

More than OreImo, the premise sounds too similar to "Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!" In both cases you have a male protagonist who is a light novel author with a younger sister as a love interest.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:00   Link #12
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Umm...ANN seems to have left out something crucial from the Japanese synopsis...

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-866081-5/

Spoiler for left out from ANN synopsis:
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 20:09   Link #13
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Umm...ANN seems to have left out something crucial from the Japanese synopsis...

http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/newr...4-04-866081-5/

Spoiler for left out from ANN synopsis:
It seems so! Looks like the author's learned from his mistake with Oreimo. We can definitely look forward to some wincest.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:18   Link #14
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It seems so! Looks like the author's learned from his mistake with Oreimo. We can definitely look forward to some wincest.
Uhmm..... you know it's not wincest if they aren't related.

Well, it doesn't mean that they aren't related by blood. We don't know their family circumstances (especially their parents) yet. Maybe they are half-sister/brother or the parents didn't live together before they died,separating the siblings for almost their whole life or something like that.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:38   Link #15
chaotix37
Rolling Rolling Loli ♬♩

Im expecting butthurt people when they have to read his works.
Old 2013-11-09, 20:50   Link #16
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Uhmm..... you know it's not wincest if they aren't related.

Well, it doesn't mean that they aren't related by blood. We don't know their family circumstances (especially their parents) yet. Maybe they are half-sister/brother or the parents didn't live together before they died,separating the siblings for almost their whole life or something like that.
Or maybe they are cousins.

Just don't have your hopes up, Dengeki B. always plays safe with the incest theme.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 02:56   Link #17
Mystic_Vegetto

Looking forward to it. Just 1 month to go.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 05:01   Link #18
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Or maybe they are cousins.

Just don't have your hopes up, Dengeki B. always plays safe with the incest theme.
Yeah, that's true. I don't understand why they cover their eyes and pretend that incest doesn't exist. I mean we all know it's out there and we know that Anime and Manga are both fiction. So why forbid incest in fiction while it's perfectly fine when highschool dudes are punching each other their brains out or when a dumb highschool student suddenly got himself a harem around him? Japan is certainly strange in this matter.
Old 2013-11-10, 05:45   Link #19
Sakuratsuki

The things I enjoyed the most in Oreimo are the conversations between the characters and the comedy. If this story has the same things, I'm already happy.

The main plot looks interesting.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-11, 07:53   Link #20
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
To add to the chaos that erupts between the siblings, a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga creator becomes their rival!
is there a picture of her?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mangaka, siblings