AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-04-02, 02:33   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 782 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Sorry for the lateness! Anyways, here's a brief summary since the chapter's already out:

-Chapter title is "Evil's Charisma". Ministory has Jinbei and co. having a celebration.

-An intense battle starts between Luffy and Doflamingo. During the battle, Trebol has various flashbacks about when he first met his boss. It turns out he provided him not only with the gun he used to kill his father, but his devil fruit, as well.

-Back to the fight, Dofla knocks Luffy into Trebol's body. Luffy tries to escape, but notices that his attacks aren't working, despite using haki. Interestingly, Trebol seems to imply that he is NOT a logia user. The mucus man then covers Law in his goop as well, and intends to light him on fire! We then get another brief flashback of the original four executives pledging their loyalty to Doflamingo, in exchange for watching how his future develops....

-Back to the fight again, Trebol gets ready to finish off Law, but the supernova still has one last ace up his sleeve: He activates his ROOM, and using his severed right arm, cuts Trebol with his Sword of Death! However, something surprising is revealed: Trebol's body is actually skinny! Furthermore, he still manages to ignite his mucus, turning the palace into a blazing inferno...!!!!

That's it for now. I'll update when more info's out.

Last edited by marvelB; 2015-04-02 at 11:43.
Old 2015-04-02, 04:48   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Sorry no summary from me today, it's mostly out anyways and I got boatload of work
Old 2015-04-02, 05:43   Link #3
Seitsuki
Onee!

Spoiler for 782:
Old 2015-04-02, 05:47   Link #4
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Chapter is out!

Dofla flashbacks were mainly about him having Haoshoku haki and how the top executives helped him towards becoming the king of pirates.

It was strange how Luffy wasn't able to hit Trebol but Law was somehow able to. Also, how did Trebol know that Luffy also had Haoshoku haki? It didn't seem like it was being used here.
Old 2015-04-02, 05:53   Link #5
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Kinda feels like they're the ones using doffy. But at some point he realized that and is now just using them(ironically). Some nice hand-to-hand in this chapter. Not exciting enough to satisfy me for two weeks until the next release though.
Old 2015-04-02, 06:32   Link #6
J4n1

Quit stalling dammit, gimme so carnage.
Still, short and quick flashbacks are not all bad, especially when given amidst present day happenings, instead of several chapters long chunks.

Nice information on DoFlamingo's past though, it's not that he is just asshole, he was raised to be one by some of the top executives.
Old 2015-04-02, 07:08   Link #7
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Good chapter. Surprised that Luffy got in as many hits as he did. I guess that earlier attack is still taking its toll on Doflamingo. But yeah, if that attack was all it took to finish off Trebol, he's just as trashy as the rest. No wonder they were looking for someone else to carry them towards their goal, because as far as New World pirates go, those four top executives are near the bottom of the barrel, (EDIT: well, except for Vergo maybe). Law's attack had a weird German name, though. "Sterben" means "to die". I assume Oda wanted to go for "die" instead? That would be "Stirb". Maybe there's no equivalent inflection in Japanese.

Last edited by ZGoten; 2015-04-02 at 07:20.
Old 2015-04-02, 07:18   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
Also, how did Trebol know that Luffy also had Haoshoku haki? It didn't seem like it was being used here.
Straw Hat Luffy having Conqueror's Haki should be common knowledge, at least for associates of marines and Shichibukai, after he used it to stop Ace's execution at Marineford war.
Old 2015-04-02, 07:18   Link #9
P_Dezz

I really hope next chapter is Trebol's last. I'm sick of looking at him. By the way, I don't know if the translation was right did Doflamingo take his father's dead body to Mariejois and they cut off his head, or he cut his head off and they kept it? Honestly, Doflamingo seems like he really can't hack it with Luffy in terms of hand to hand up close combat. Seems like his powers are much more effective from mid range to long distance, and Luffy seems mostly unphased by most of Doflamingo's hits.
Old 2015-04-02, 08:45   Link #10
Slayerx

Quote:
Also, how did Trebol know that Luffy also had Haoshoku haki? It didn't seem like it was being used here.
Well just because you don't see someone faint doesn't mean conquer's Haki isn't in use. Even if you are strong enough to withstand the impact of the haki you will still feel it when it happens
Old 2015-04-02, 08:49   Link #11
Ultragunner

Quote:
Chapter is out!

Dofla flashbacks were mainly about him having Haoshoku haki and how the top executives helped him towards becoming the king of pirates.

It was strange how Luffy wasn't able to hit Trebol but Law was somehow able to. Also, how did Trebol know that Luffy also had Haoshoku haki? It didn't seem like it was being used here.
Actually right at the beginning of this chapter where Luffy tried to stop Doffy again, it was the same when Luffy had a "brofist" with Chinjao.

Perhaps the Haoshoku Haki has more use than just knocking out weaker opponents (like reinforcing the Busoshoku Haki), or it was just an indication that the person is dead serious when attempting to beat the crap out of others
Old 2015-04-02, 09:07   Link #12
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Yeah, I had the impression that Doflamingo enforced his armament haki with Haoshoku there. And Luffy probably did the same to defend against it. I wonder how much of a boost it is. I doubt it'd be impossible to block a Haoshoku + Busoshoku attack without using Busoshoku yourself. It should be doable if your attack is physically stronger or if your armament is more potent.
Old 2015-04-02, 09:29   Link #13
itachi-san314

I like the surprise of Trebol not being a logia user after all. It seems his face was always exposed to danger though
Old 2015-04-02, 10:09   Link #14
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Oh hey look, Law's magically able to fight again only this time without an arm, amazing. You just keep pushing my buttons here, I wish Law really would die already but we all know the truth. Stupid endings, keep getting my hopes up for Law's death when we know what will happen in the end.

I'm really just....Untill Law leaves I swear I'm having the hardest time reading this series now and days. I really excited for Luffy V.S Dof fight than Oda switches to what I didn't want to see. I wish those April Fool day spoilers were true compared to this, UGH!

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2015-04-02, 10:42   Link #15
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I like the surprise of Trebol not being a logia user after all. It seems his face was always exposed to danger though
I found that to be a weird twist, considering his design implied that he was a logia.

I guess he's like Magellan (he's not a logia either right?).
Old 2015-04-02, 11:49   Link #16
marvelB

My bad for the late summary! I was indisposed for a bit so I couldn't do it right away. Anyways, awesome chapter. Lots of action, and we got to learn yet even more of Dofla's past, which is always a plus. Also great to finally see Trebol being more active now instead of just kind of assisting from the background. So he's actually NOT a logia user, eh? That's interesting....

And about the flashback.... man, I kinda wish that Diamante had that cowboy hat in the present time. Even if he was the first exec to go down this arc, he still has my favorite design out of them....
Old 2015-04-02, 13:12   Link #17
ZGoten
Custom User Title

^The thing is, he wasn't even really assisting. Except for this chapter and the very beginning of the fight, Trebol has basically been a cheerleader. But it's good that he's out of the way now in my opinion.
Old 2015-04-02, 13:41   Link #18
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
^The thing is, he wasn't even really assisting. Except for this chapter and the very beginning of the fight, Trebol has basically been a cheerleader. But it's good that he's out of the way now in my opinion.
if this is the end of trebol for good then it really makes me wonder about what sabo is doing. perhaps the revolutionaries will have a showdown with CP0 soon?
Old 2015-04-02, 14:04   Link #19
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Trebol's attitude is starting to show his allegiance may have ulterior motives. And I also see that doffy didn't bother to stop trebol from basically blowing himself up kamikaze style. He also doesn't bother to ever shield him from blows - basically confirming laws comments.
I really didn't think someone as inherently self-righteous and evil as doffy could ever call people outside his blood(or his interests) family in the first place.

Also, did anyone notice the tonatta's sudden mood change after laws attack on trebol? Seems strange with the timing/remoteness of the event. Maybe he's tied to them in some way. Too bad it will be weeks before we find out anything.
Old 2015-04-02, 14:16   Link #20
Tuor

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
if this is the end of trebol for good then it really makes me wonder about what sabo is doing. perhaps the revolutionaries will have a showdown with CP0 soon?
I wonder if Sabo has just shown up and has some way of stopping Trebol from blowing up Law... say, stopping the flame before it reaches Law so that only Trebol gets caught by it?

But, seriously... two weeks, *again*? Man...
Closed Thread