AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

Old 2007-01-18, 00:03   Link #81
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Nope. They said that they get enough money from dvd sales. The problem is that the animators are tired and need a break.
While I don't doubt that they made enough to break even from season 2 DVD sales, the quesion is whether it was enough to warrant making more. I remember somebody posted DVD sales for both season 1 and season 2 in Japan, and there was a significant drop from 1 to 2. The season 1 DVDs averaged nearly 10,000 sales per volume, while at the start of this year, only 1 DVD from season 2 had over 7,000 sales. That's an over 30% dropoff in sales. Granted, the season 2 DVDs have only been out for less than half a year, but that's still a lot of ground to make up.
Old 2007-01-18, 03:56   Link #82
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

The OVA of this anime seems to be too short... Glad they came out with TV seasons...

Though the OVA is short, I prefer the BGM of it. And the story too...
Chi-no is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 06:28   Link #83
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Js2756

Here are the numbers:

2006/07/28 *6,178 Vol. 1 (Three episodes up to Vol. 8 )
2006/08/25 *7,123 Vol. 2
2006/09/22 *6,829 Vol. 3
2006/10/27 *6,765 Vol. 4
2006/11/24 *6,670 Vol. 5
2006/12/22 *4,828 Vol. 6

Not fantastic, but still not bad, comparing to the other series' sales.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40506

As for making more, Ghoada (the director) is a big fan of the series, and he said many times that he's going to turn as many manga chapters into anime as possible. Also one of the animation team members said that the possibility of making the third season (or at least the second movie) is quite high. I'm not sure that this info (about team member's words) is 100% correct though. But I hope it is.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 14:37   Link #84
asutedjo909
Banpei

i really hope that season 3 is going to be made, instead of the 2nd movie. i am glad that the manga is not going to end soon, as i like AMG as a manga and anime that gives me the joy of seeing something like a 'ideal' couple (well, not mentioning some of their awkward and slow progress in the relationship, but they are just SWEET for me^^) that going through everyday's life. i really want to see how the story will end, but i will not hope it will be soon. much later is much better (for me^^).

the story has some climax and hindrance for K1 and Bell's relationship, but they will always overcome it, and thats why i like it ^^ for me the biggest trial for 2 of them is in the movie. what u guys think?

so, i really hope that season 3 will air, cos there are some aspects and good things that perfecting each other between manga and the TV series. i can wait for the series and will satisfy myself with the manga rite now^^
asutedjo909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 11:43   Link #85
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Anyone know when will the AMG 2 episode 24-25 be coming out? I have heard is around February. Is it coming out from the boardcasting or the dvds?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 11:54   Link #86
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

It's 23-24 and they're out already. Well, not in torrent yet. And they are DVD-only.
Old 2007-02-25, 12:00   Link #87
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

ahh my bad, im mixing it with AMG 1's # of episodes. Ah okay, thanks
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-28, 14:52   Link #88
TigerII
Pilot in Training

What years does the show take place? It seems like it is the 90's from the material in it.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-01, 00:09   Link #89
Js2756
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
What years does the show take place? It seems like it is the 90's from the material in it.
Officially, there isn't a particular time that the show takes place in. It most certainly takes place in modern day Japan, and was in all likelihood, written with the current times in mind. That said, considering that the manga was started in 1988, it is safe to assume that the setting is anywhere between 1988 and now. There are a few things that more solidly date the setting of the series (ie. a computer that Keiichi gets), but I'm a little too lazy/indifferent to really determine a time stamp for it.
Old 2007-03-01, 14:32   Link #90
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, his computer looks like a mid 90s model, but he did say it was an old one and people just keep getting new. I guess we are just to assume it is current. Not really that hard to modernize old material. Few date changes here, few item changes there, etc. I guess I will just assume it is 05,06, and possibly 07 for the show and a third season does come.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 18:38   Link #91
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Is this show worth buying the box set for? I saw the box set at best buy http://store.imageanime.com/ahmygotvdvdp.html and it wa sonly 100 dollars so I was wondering if it was a good enough series to pick up?
Old 2007-03-05, 02:41   Link #92
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Depends on what you're calling a good series. For me it is great because of a couple of supporting characters, whom I love dearly, and because of action/comedy based episodes. Besides, I'm a fan of AMG manga. But some people say it's "slow", "has no real action", "has no development in characters' relationships" and so on.
Old 2007-04-12, 22:07   Link #93
Mr Chow
YO! Where's the food at?
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Mr Chow
Down here in New Zealand the Season 1 came out about late June of last year as volume 1 + box and it has progressed from there, the dvds came out about one every three weeks or so; and eventually by December I had the complete season 1 boxset!! Thats all 26 episodes and about two weeks before the volume 1 came out I also got the AMG: The Movie, I know the manga came out years ago but here in NZ we are a hell of a way behind most of you guys here!! I hope that my retail company will import the second series as its been ages since my last 'fix' of both the dvds or manga, the only thing is that in NZ anime is stilled regarded as a childs' passion; and as I'm no kid I sometimes get laughed at for watching cartoons!

But when I've introduced friends and family to my collection of Gundam dvds and for the females in my group; the Chobits series, they change their minds pretty quick!! I also read somewhere back in the forum that someone said that angels that the goddesses have where sentient beings that were used as guardians? This may be true but in the series Urd and Bell explained to Skuld that they where there not only to protect, but to enhance and support higher level spells used by goddesses. And that goddesses only had angels, if only they had the power and abilities to support and maintain one in the first place. Hence it took many years of practice before an angel was successful to meet their 'inner-self'.

And my last guess is that I have a feeling that the series takes place in the mid-nineties, as by the technologies used by the characters? Well that's my opinion folks!

Take care all
Mr Chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:13   Link #94
BellDandy^Sama

AMG figurines

Hi ppl, any idea where to get the AMG pvc figurines? Its so hard to find & i only own 2 belldandy so far.
BellDandy^Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 08:44   Link #95
eQko_x

this has probably been discussed somewhere here before but does anyone know if there is a rumored season 3? since the anime doesnt cover most of the manga from what i hear. ive been hearing they may announce something on the 20th anniversery of the series realease (maybe thats just wishful thinking)
eQko_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-05, 10:20   Link #96
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by eQko_x View Post
this has probably been discussed somewhere here before...
Yeah, like about four or five posts up the thread.

Quote:
...but does anyone know if there is a rumored season 3?
Long story short, the creators have publicly said they would like to do another season, but there are no official plans announced as yet.
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 14:53   Link #97
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
For the poster who asked "is it worth it to buy the series?"

I say yes. You might think there's not much action but the idea really was
quite an original one: what if a really shy guy who's never had a girlfriend
DID get a female goddess to stay with him. And what if her sisters decided
to hang around too?

I thought the first couple of episodes really illustrated a warning against
"be careful what you wish for, you might get it".

What would YOU do if a female goddess showed up and you somehow
got her to stay with you?

Spoiler:

It's an interesting premise.

Next up, since season two didn't really resolve anything as far as where
certain situations were, I could see a season three especially if the sales
were in the thousands for each volume.
Old 2007-06-04, 23:23   Link #98
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Here's to a season 3. Bell is just so lovable. Even more lovable than Lacus or Yuna or Saber or Tifa! And Uld is fricking hilarious, not to mention nice fanservice =P. And of course, then there's Hild and Peorth O_O...it'd certainly be nice to see a pillow-fight between those three...Uld/Hild/Peorth...oh god...

Yar...season three if only for a Hild/Uld/Peorth pillowfight.
Old 2007-06-20, 06:00   Link #99
VC Matsumoto
Anime Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to VC Matsumoto
To: BD_Sama,

I've never bought from these folks, but here's a link to
a Ah! My Goddess figurine store:
http://www.tisinc99.com/ahmygoddess4.html

VC
VC Matsumoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-21, 00:47   Link #100
Ohyeah4Xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Here's to a season 3. Bell is just so lovable. Even more lovable than Lacus or Yuna or Saber or Tifa! And Uld is fricking hilarious, not to mention nice fanservice =P. And of course, then there's Hild and Peorth O_O...it'd certainly be nice to see a pillow-fight between those three...Uld/Hild/Peorth...oh god...

Yar...season three if only for a Hild/Uld/Peorth pillowfight.
so is there gunna be a season three...i need a definite answer, but you dont have to answer right away...i like this anime alot!!!
Ohyeah4Xx is offline   Reply With Quote