AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-05-29, 08:46   Link #31581
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
All in all it's really depends, if the planet in question already have what's needed, or actually very close to earth bar some adjustment, then 1 year is not too farfetched. If you want to terraform something like Mars? Tough luck.

Anyway, I want to ask, what's the difference of solid state laser and chemical laser in terms of advantage and disadvantage? I do know their working method but can't be sure about the comparison.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:11   Link #31582
demino_hellsin
That one guy

uh the only lasers I know are light and based and particle based.

Well in the case of a place like mars... they can only work the atmosphere in a year...
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 09:12   Link #31583
Eratas123

What's going on?
Old 2012-05-29, 09:19   Link #31584
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

It's three days worth of techwank

But I was lucky you popped out, I need some more advice for story reason.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:21   Link #31585
Eratas123

Alright, go ahead. My head feels like it's being hit by a jackhammer and my stomach's being blendered though, so please don't make them too complicated.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:27   Link #31586
demino_hellsin
That one guy

3rd unit "FF-Jin'ei"

This unit is very basic and very heavily armored. However, assuming it to be slow is a grave mistake. It lacks the agility of most units in its generation but the raw speed and power are what makes this machine shine.

There are two main features. First is its heat reservoir armor. The armor doesn't seem like much but thick plates of metal at first, but in actuality it's an atmospheric heater/furnace. It's actually hot enough to vaporize most solid projectiles or weapons that come in contact with it.

The second feature is a pair of knuckle blasters in the shape of dragon heads. They fire plasma in the form of bolts or streams. It has two secondary functions, first is the knuckle configuration when the draon heads' mouths are closed. The head's tip can be coated with super heated plasma to strike destructive melee damage. Another function is that the dragon heads' mouths can be used as claws to catch an opponent and incinerate them point blank.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:28   Link #31587
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

To make put short, on previous draft you can see Ringo (Rito's mom) slam through German government and army like massive anvil.

Fridge logic: how the hell her son ended up in German military? As their first male I.S. pilot even.

My current explanation is just that, the whole issue with United Nations is a bloodless coup by the less extreme Germans. The new government and military has been restructured, and he was there as reward.

It was a sure thing that the German extremist will strike somewhere in the future, how or why, is really up to plot calling. This is supposed to be extremely idealistic story after all, the problem is to make it insanely lighthearted or just some fun & drama.

Does this makes sense in the slightest?
Old 2012-05-29, 09:32   Link #31588
Eratas123

You can say the Shwarzer Hase are outside official jurisdiction. If they were official, a law firm could take one look at Laura and immediately file lawsuits.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:42   Link #31589
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Chalked that for the reason that Schwarzer Hase is a bridge for transition between clusterfuck inhumane military and totally normal childhood.

One cannot just push some child soldiers, who only know military life since they could remember, to act as normal kid, ever.

UN people knew this, and that's the reason they allow Laura and other kids to stay in military service, while taking further education and therapy so they can be integrated to more normal society as normal soldiers (you can say that the savior is a little too late )
Old 2012-05-29, 09:46   Link #31590
Eratas123

Rito's age never factors in? He's 15 only.
Old 2012-05-29, 09:57   Link #31591
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

By technicality, almost all Cadet Reps we know start their training at the age of 13 (Cecilia, Charlotte) or 14 (Rin). Laura has a touch of I.S. way before them but she began more serious regime under Chifuyu still around two years ago.

They're all trained the same way a soldier would, if not more. Hell, Rin was officially a military person, and unlike Laura, she has no backstory reason whatsoever.

Therefore, fanon dictates that you're at least has to be 12 years old to be trained as rep. Nobody however prevent you to be trained other way, before you're considered legal (*looks at Tatenashi*)
Old 2012-05-29, 10:00   Link #31592
Eratas123

We don't know what the status of reps are in the Military. Look at Fullmetal Alchemist: The Alchemists aren't completely integrated and are free to do whatever they want till they're asked to do a mission. Yet they're still called "Dogs of the Military."

Regular soldiers are required to do everyday duties, reps don't.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:09   Link #31593
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Yes, I was talking purely from political reason.

The comparison with Alchemist is good actually. Thank you for the reminder.

My main inspiration was mages form Nanoha franchise

They climb the ladder like a bullet train surpass normal train. 19 years old Air Force Captain? Try 19 year old Army Colonel and 24 year old Navy Admiral.

However, it was purely for political reason, and normal, 40-something experienced Army Major, is shown to be COMMANDING said 19 years old colonel during an operation.

My fanon works like this, Laura might be a Major by technicality, but at best, her military service is like around 10-12 years and never experience actual war. She was treated along the line of a newbie officer when it comes to actual military job.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:14   Link #31594
Eratas123

Her IS most likley grants her a lot of authority.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:17   Link #31595
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Considering what Rin have done, that's an undeniable truth
Old 2012-05-29, 10:34   Link #31596
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Hmmm... so is the third unit passable?
Old 2012-05-29, 10:36   Link #31597
Eratas123

It includes immunity from getting punished for smacking someone:/
Old 2012-05-29, 10:41   Link #31598
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Yes, it's passable.

Going to sleep rather early, I suggest you take a rest as well, Eras.

Side note - In the end, the question about laser is left unanswered. Oh well, might as well do extra research tomorrow.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:42   Link #31599
greedyspectator

I'm confused, when was the IS invented anyway? Can't find it in the wiki.
Old 2012-05-29, 10:50   Link #31600
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. are first unleashed 10 years ago, so I assume it was invented few months before that.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest