Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-07, 02:31   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Episode 106 Discussion Thread

Another week, another filler episode and another synopsis. I really liked this episode! Now prepared yourself for an episode I call "The Battle Against Flashbacks!"

At the start of this episode the Bounto death count is 8 down, and only Kariya remains. The Bounto have been dropping like flies lately so the odds of Kariya surviving the episode aren't too good.

Spoiler for synopsis:

Please do not discuss anything past episode 106, or else you risk a ban. Don't even post future episode titles. Even spoiler tags are no defense.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-14 at 00:38.
Old 2006-12-07, 02:33   Link #2
ThoHell

Holy crap, just started watching it, not even through the intro yet. What's with all those new scenes and characters? Is that from the BLeach movie or future bleach episodes?
Old 2006-12-07, 02:33   Link #3
Hir0

i actually feel sorry for the bountou after this ep lol

Ishida is somehow amazing
Old 2006-12-07, 02:37   Link #4
Jerseykid

That new intro was very cool.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 02:40   Link #5
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

To answer Jerseykid and ThoHell, I'll repeat the beginning of my synopsis here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
We start the episode with a brand new OP animation featuring characters I've never seen in either manga or anime. Suddenly three words start to echo in my head, "New Filler Arc." Still, it's strange that it is the same music as the old OP and a little investigation reveals the reason. These scenes are from the movie. Oh, thank goodness! We've got movie animation for the ED also and let me tell you that the movie looks utterly rocking.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-12-07, 02:59   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Hilarious summary the Ep Of flashbacks . Good crack on Sword and Bow thing . Can't they fight in flashbacks ?? I mean those of you who watched The Hero ( Jet Li ) know its possible to fight in your Imagination

EDIT Those of you who dont know WTH I am talking about Imagination Fights have a looksie

Hero ( Imagination Sequence )

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2006-12-07 at 03:12.
Old 2006-12-07, 03:00   Link #7
Forever
Revealing the truth

The only true highlight of this ep was to be able to see rukia's zanpaktou being released in the OP.

Hmm Ishida's power up seems a bit too ridculous, considering he should be weaker than his old self and that his old self was no where near ichigo.
Old 2006-12-07, 03:07   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Spoiler:
Oh, and Ichigo's new love intrest = <3
Old 2006-12-07, 03:15   Link #9
viceroy

the new Op ending chick kinda looks like a new flirty orange eyed version of kuukaku with both arms in tact of course.

but anyways if thats for the upcoming movie there prolly is or isnt gonna be any more filler i know no official announcment has been made but gotta wonder. with this episode done and prolly another episode or 2 in this filler(hopefully) that would put us at almost a full years worth of filler episodes. is that enough time for the manga to jump ahead a bit?

i know naruto had what about 18-20 months of fillers so maybe we will get lucky with bleach and only be left waiting a year before we get back to the good stuff.

and on a last side note this episode was pretty good. i do agree though they kinda made ishida out to be kinda overdone.
Old 2006-12-07, 03:23   Link #10
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceroy View Post
the new Op ending chick kinda looks like a new flirty orange eyed version of kuukaku with both arms in tact of course.
Reminded me of this:

Old 2006-12-07, 03:41   Link #11
EoT
~~

Very nice summary once again.

Soon they will be having flashbacks about flashbacks

Overall a decent episode, the new intro/ending was awesome.
Old 2006-12-07, 03:41   Link #12
SANITY

they sure spoiled rukia's zanpakutou, that shoulda been saved for later
disapointing, even though it did look really good.
Old 2006-12-07, 03:42   Link #13
striderm
Adusa #1

Enjoy it while it lasts.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-07, 04:08   Link #14
SANITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Spoiler:
all things in own their time
Old 2006-12-07, 04:27   Link #15
striderm
Adusa #1

The movie airs 12/16 so only 1 more episode until then.
Old 2006-12-07, 04:38   Link #16
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by striderm View Post
The movie airs 12/16 so only 1 more episode until then.
Interesting...

I'm willing to bet that the movie takes place between this arc and the current manga arc, assuming that the movie is in-continuity with the episodes.
Old 2006-12-07, 05:25   Link #17
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This ep could have been called cliche delux

A bit too much flashbacks for my liking...but at least they didn't suck. How Ishida suddenly got a power-up that took him above Ichigo+Byakuya in both speed and power is well beyound me. Why he shot that HUGE energy blast in the sky instead of shooting it at Kariya is also beyound me. Why we suddenly were introduced to some new dialogue in the flashbacks is also beyound me. Oh well - i supose now Ishida is back to his old useless self and annoying Ichigo gets to save the day.
(Was i the only one who laughed at the fact that some of the Shinigami attacking Bounto were equipped with pitchforks and the like ? All they lacked were some torches and they could have passed for an angry mob)

The "new" op was awsome though. Rukiya's soul slayer also looks nice when released. Oh, and i allready love Ichigo's new love interest - i hope she appears sweeps Ichigo off his feet (in more ways than one) and will put an end to this endless Rukiya vs Orihime debate

I really hope that the next ep is the last one in the Bounto arc - i have reached the point where i am simply bored with the Bounto story and want it to end as fast as possible.
Old 2006-12-07, 05:31   Link #18
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I just hope those bounts dont ruin the movie... Well a pretty boring episode with nothing to really advance the storyline, but hey, we got a glimpse of the movie?
Old 2006-12-07, 05:59   Link #19
Blaster

I guess they really have to let Ichigo finish Kariya. Ishida could have shot the last arrow to Kariya. Why the Sky?
Old 2006-12-07, 06:03   Link #20
striderm
Adusa #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Interesting...

I'm willing to bet that the movie takes place between this arc and the current manga arc, assuming that the movie is in-continuity with the episodes.
The movie will be it's own filler, like every other anime movie based on a TV series. Also seemingly the episode after the movie should be the last one hopefully. It has "Bount" in the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
I guess they really have to let Ichigo finish Kariya. Ishida could have shot the last arrow to Kariya. Why the Sky?
Seems that he might've "known" he couldn't defeat him and chose to put up an SOS signal instead.
Closed Thread