AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-02-26, 19:12   Link #41
babbito2k
annoying white bat

#4: Nanda Koitsu?

I had forgotten all about this guy (the creepy bear-in-a-box)... lots of eerie stuff going on, but still no Abarenbou...

I got some laughs at AnimeGamers BBS - Dejiko's Room the other day. The all too lengthy Don't Dub Di Gi Charat thread is a classic tale full of hidden motives, darkly hinted threats and mental cruelty.

The truly scary part is reading some of the other threads to try and see what Synch-Point is thinking about starting to get their heads around trying to work up the gumption to do with their licenses for titles like Tenshi ni Narumon and Di Gi Charat. Sure, they managed to get FLCL out the door, but they've been sitting on some of the other stuff for years now... I feel like starting up a thread called Don't License Di Gi Charat!
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-26, 21:37   Link #42
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Which hasn't been released? The manga from Viz or DGC Fantasy?

-k

curious

Both. But I don't expect Fantasy to ever be released in North America (which makes all the stories based on it weak); I was referring to the manga. I noticed it as a pre-order at Right Stuf, but I already have it! I got it off eBay. I can only guess that the seller is somehow associated with Viz.

I glad they had that animal feces joke in there...I like DGC when it's violent and horrible.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-27, 01:09   Link #43
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel

I glad they had that animal feces joke in there...I like DGC when it's violent and horrible.
And then Usada getting shot out of the sky. Justice! ^_^

I've always liked this episode because of the creepy emotion bear, and Dejeeeeko's whimpering "What the hell is that?"

I always feel like eating steak after this episode, too.

-k
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-28, 06:37   Link #44
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
And then Usada getting shot out of the sky. Justice! ^_^
It's odd that Usada is much harder to hit in Di Gi Charat Nyo - it kills the payoff in those scenes where she is just soooo unbearable...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
...I like DGC when it's violent and horrible.
That's why Panyo Panyo was such a flop. Broccoli themselves admitted it was a mistake to do it. What I really love is when everything gets dark and there are all those black lines hanging down everywhere... the "bummer" thing. Abarenbou!

Seeing this series again reminds me why fell in love with it the moment I saw it. I also get the feeling that this is going to be considered one of the classic short series.
Old 2004-03-04, 19:48   Link #45
Onsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Natsuyasumi was pretty good. It had a bus ride to hell and a scary American Digiko wannabe and a couple other gags.
Rodoyan! What a freak. He kills me.
Also Mista Violence. Bleheheh.
Onsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-05, 08:48   Link #46
Fronzel
Schmuck

But they insulted American salads! I cannot forgive this offense!
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 04:13   Link #47
babbito2k
annoying white bat

#s 5-6

Long-hair-san... holy cow... I forgot that he actually tried to buy Petiko! In a way, he is more of an otaku than Bukkimi with their tail fetish.

I really like the combat scene in episode 6 and the Hell Shop. I can't believe this series is still so funny. I remember when I first saw it I thought, "I wish they would keep doing this series forever!"
Old 2004-04-02, 05:06   Link #48
tommymordecai

Wink digi fanatic

i love the digi charat, i managed to buy the digi charat disc set with the first 20 episodes , music vids (there are a couple) then i managed to buy digi charat nyo! but the pleb that i bought them off on ebay didnt include the 5th dvd disc so im having to bittorrent the files... i love panyo panyo, (though i only got 12 episodes) the xmas, and summer specials too, you can request them from www.otakusavior.com as long as you have a streamload account you can get almost any anime for free and its excellent quality too and since you pay streamload 2 pounds for 1000meg you dont feel guilty about downloading!!
tommymordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-02, 05:10   Link #49
tommymordecai

Talking

also (i fogot nyo!) i have the movie all 30 minutes of it i paid something like 10 pound for it thinking it would be a whole movie as the ebay stated it was 50 somet minutes but that musthave been including the trailers and the two extra mini shows about the standoff between pyoco and the rest of the group
nice to see miririn in a show though!
tommymordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 03:11   Link #50
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

LOL

so i finally got around to reading the manga that is included with oringal series limited edition di gi chart DVD set and i saw this name in the interview/editorials

I heard that Saga was designed based on your childhood, but is this true?

huh!? Um, I dont know where that came from, but no.

<____<
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-03, 21:42   Link #51
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I have the R1 for both Panyo Panyo and the Original and I'm mad that they used some lame voice for the Original. The Panyo Panyo voice sounds just like the OP song, the Original uses something that is real deep and sounds like a chain smoker.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-28, 01:07   Link #52
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

many many months ago, in a galaxy far far away, i mailed off the free tshirt promo card that came with the limited edition box.
after the hope of many generations having passed, suddenly out of the blue it showed up in the mail box
actually i forgot all about it
here is what it looks like

got some stickers and post cards and flyers inside too
Old 2007-04-02, 15:24   Link #53
FireChick

Does anyone know if Synch-Point released the Digi Charat movie? Cuz' according to Anime News Network, the movie is supposed to be released in 2012. NANI?! I can't wait THAT long! That's like 5 stinkin' years away! Oh! Back on topic, I love Puchiko and Piyoko! I have the first DVD of 'Leave it to Piyoko!' and I love Piyoko and Coo's dub voices!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 16:09   Link #54
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball

finally Bandai USA started releasing the Nyo series, 3 years after it was licensed and 2 years after the promised release date. they cut out the first OP and put the second one instead + they masked faces of Pyoko and the PKO because they only appear in the second half of the show (maybe problem with getting rights for the song again).
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-18, 17:05   Link #55
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

That is interesting.

panyo panyo digicharat was a huge failure when it was released in the US.
as far as I know, leave it to piyoko did not do well, neither.

I think they are brave to release nyo in short subsequent releases.

galaxy angel rune recently came out, and it really is 20$ for 1 episode with no dub on a DVD.

I honestly have no idea what's up with bandai. sometimes they seem like money mongers, but then sometimes they release unbelievable bonus items at a great price with their releases.
Old 2007-07-18, 19:30   Link #56
FireChick

My friend is in love with Panyo Panyo Digi Charat now.
Old 2007-07-18, 21:51   Link #57
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Wasn't Nyo the one I reviewed over a year ago? If so, then releasing the 2nd dvd 14 months later isn't all that brave.

Releasing it with that horrible R1 voice was brave.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-19, 14:33   Link #58
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Puchiko sounds much much older in Nyo's dub. the horror
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 15:15   Link #59
FireChick

I actually liked the Nyo! dub even though it was a weensy bit shallow. But I'll get used to it. Oh! Did anyone notice that Bandai is releasing more DVDs now? I saw volume 4 on Amazon and it's gonna be released...November 4th or something like that?
Old 2009-04-30, 09:44   Link #60
KimmyChan

This anime looks totally cute and a heck of a lot of fun! Must check it out soon!
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, shounen