Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 13:07   Link #2281
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I don't even expect him to get a byakugou... if I remember correctly, the Second didn't have one (as a matter of fact, where did those three come from anyways?) Although I suppose that if Cruz did get one, it would be the final piece of the puzzle, and then the bad guys might be going OH SHI-

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:20   Link #2282
shadowii

They are a creation of the Adam project.their made for zero and connect directly to the brain, impressive cloning technology. They couldnt just make a being with all the fragments due to the second loosing them all before dying, so they did the next best thing and made something that could copy them (the flaws of which were pointed out by saten). cant be too hard to make if 77 previous clones each had one before exploding
on their own byakugous dont work, eden cells are required and the power of the cells matters in the type of zero.
Blade's suppressed eden cells gave him Zero
Arclight's none suppressed cells gave him PF Zero

in any case even if cruz does get one or get or have any power, he still has a long way to go if chapter 71 is any indication
(and before people say, well in a few chapters -------- will happen. I'm just saying what it is now. one more arc can change everything)
before the st rose arc i wonder what people would have said if someone had mentioned cruz might start crossdressing
before the last two chapters, we still had no idea where blade solva and seto were.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-12 at 14:00.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:29   Link #2283
Homura7

After improving a bit with my japanese reading skills, I could understand some things I couldn't before, and came to one conclusion.

Another God, that's totally impossible, there's no way, no matter what, another needless with all the powers can be created.

The improvement lead me to definetly understand another important thing. Cruz isn't any reincarnation of The Second. The only thing certain is that they could be somehow related, but not in the reincarnation way.

Of course, there's a big difference between two byologic experiments and a human one.

At any rate, put that in your head. Cruz isn't any type of reincarnation of the strongest needless. As shadowii said a day, that would be weak writing, and we know Kami is not that type of writer.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-12-12 at 13:50.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:58   Link #2284
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, the Second was treated as a God due to all his powers... technically, he wasn't really a god, though he was god-like

and I agree that another god can't be created. The Adam project is proof enough of that. But another god can probably be born... but if you say that Cruz won't be the godlike being we see him as, then what would you propose he is?

although on second thought, since I've seen it before, I suppose that Cruz could really be a vessel for something with immense power, and I'm not talking about the relationship between Arclight and Blade's body

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:04   Link #2285
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, the Second was treated as a God due to all his powers... technically, he wasn't really a god, though he was god-like

and I agree that another god can't be created. The Adam project is proof enough of that. But another god can probably be born... but if you say that Cruz won't be the godlike being we see him as, then what would you propose he is?
Cruz will get stronger as time progresses. Probably at one point he would have done so many important things for the humanity, that they will begin praising him like a God and saviour, even though he isn't. Just like it happened with The Second.

In the end, only one godlike Adam will stay alive in this world, and that will be Cruz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
although on second thought, since I've seen it before, I suppose that Cruz could really be a vessel for something with immense power, and I'm not talking about the relationship between Arclight and Blade's body
A vessel Saten is using for his own experiment maybe? It seems you got it.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:03   Link #2286
Sekirei07

Remember though, another Needless can come with all the powers. The fragments arent divine powers. They are parts of the brain people normally cant access so from a biological standpoint it is POSSIBLE for another one to unlock all the parts of the brain.

What I think is going on with Blade and Arclight in why they do not know any fragment besides their Zero fragments is because of how the body works. They were both were injected with Eden Cells, but as any doctor can tell you their is something called the Blood/Brain barrier in which blood cant spread to the brain and vice-versa.

If we take it like this, than what the Eden Cells do is grant a person with super human physical abilities such as strength/endurance/healing as we see with Blade and Arclight. Arclight given a more abundant amount has a greater level of strength/healing etc than Blade as we have seen in the series. The crystal is what gives them the ability to learn fragments, not the Eden Cell's as seen with how Riru despite gaining Eden Cells still only had the one fragment but just a power boost of it.

Now on to Cruz, we have seen how the Eden Cells are slowly starting to give him strength (when he was able to pull up Eve single-handedly despite his recently attached arm), increased endurance (when he survived the fall to St. Rose), and if it follows suit he should show accelerated healing next chapter if he is shown.

As for him gaining a fragment... that is yet to be known. It has been shown with Riru that Eden Cells power up fragments so Cruz could have awakened from it or is slowly awakening. I am just not sure about him becoming the most powerful Needless at this point.

So to sum up what I think:

Eden Cells give one a body capable of handling every fragment, while the crystal gives one the ability to learn said fragments.
Sekirei07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 15:13   Link #2287
shadowii

the save eve scene was definately a cruz inner strength momment, hence he has no strength after doing it and nearly falls to his death. Likening it to powers i feel cheepens him.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:28   Link #2288
Sekirei07

^ remember this is Needless, Inner strength counts for little in a post apocalyptic world. Those that are strong enough and smart enough to survive, survive.

Besides again its Needless, Inner strength is hardly ever seen with ANYONE in this series lol.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:34   Link #2289
shadowii

^
but it does matter with cruz, who started the series with no strength inner or outer, even chpater 51 highlights his feelings of helplessness
eve said some horrible things to cruz expecting him to let her go, instead we all know what he did

response to next post:
Cruz didnt even use his intelligence in his introduction or kafkas fight, just lay their saying its over.
It was in the uten fight that his intelligence first came out, and even then it was through eve's coaching. Before that he was only thinking: were going to die.
A good part of needless has been on his development
also before the story, by his own admitance, he lived off his sister

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-12 at 15:56.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:38   Link #2290
Sekirei07

He did have outer strength, his intelligence.

He has done his best to live of his intelligence which in a way is a type of inner and outer strength.
Old 2009-12-12, 15:39   Link #2291
Mr.Caliber

u know they say black attraction is a mind control fragment right
So far it's the only one we know. WIF its the only mind conrol fragment
Imangine ol' second using black attraction on a GUY
Mr.Caliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 16:00   Link #2292
Homura7

Saten will answer many questions next chapter.

Remember there's a byakugou that is missing, and is there for something, and clearly not something small.

According to him, Eve was supossed to have that byakugou, something he noticed at first sight.

As for Cruz, he gained the abilities Eden cells grant: strenght, endurance and accelerated healing.

Wonder if that broken arm healed already...

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-12-12 at 16:11.
Old 2009-12-12, 18:17   Link #2293
shadowii

thought it was dislocated

if its dislocated they can just pop it back in
Old 2009-12-12, 18:19   Link #2294
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
thought it was dislocated
Broken or dislocated, doesn't matter. What matters is if it healed now his cells have been replaced by Eden cells.

Last edited by Homura7; 2009-12-12 at 19:08.
Old 2009-12-12, 19:11   Link #2295
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post
Broken or dislocated, doesn't matter. What matters if it healed already now his cells have been slowly replaced by Eden cells.
He hasn't moved that arm since Hatfield broke/dislocated it.

Anyway, there's something I've been wondering about Cruz's past living with his sister. There have been the flashback scenes of when he found out how she joined Simeon and the other scene at the church. I'm wondering how she was able to join Simeon w/o Cruz knowing if they lived together. And I'm wondering why Cruz joined the resistance in the first place if they didn't (and if they were living together, he would've known she'd join and he'd join, too, but then she'd join Simeon before that w/ being gone the whole time...) Both point to Cruz being able to survive in Blackspot by himself, tho.

I wonder if they'll cover that when they progress with Aruka's storyline. I hope because that's been bugging me since I saw that flashback with the resistance slaughtering.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 19:44   Link #2296
shadowii

he lived with his sister, check the memories again. He says himself he depended on her to live.
Joined becasue she did, and because he believed in them, (if she asked him to in the manga it was her way of setting him up to die)

how he could not know she joined simeon is a valid question, but add on the fact that in his eyes she could do no wrong prior to volume 6
Old 2009-12-12, 19:54   Link #2297
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
he lived with his sister, check the memories again. He says himself he depended on her to live.
Joined becasue she did, and because he believed in them, (if she asked him to in the manga it was her way of setting him up to die)

how he could not know she joined Simeon is a valid question, but add on the fact that in his eyes she could do no wrong prior to volume 6
Well, when she's out working in Simeon as an assassin, that means Cruz would be left alone in Blackspot until she came home. I'm pretty sure they'll get into this when we see Aruka's past and why she joined in the first place. Kinda wondering if Cruz had any friends or anyone else he knew.

And let's keep in mind he's never had any schooling (aside from 3 days at St. Rose) and he's that intelligent. Just imagine if he lived outside of Blackspot. He'd probably be in college by now.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 19:58   Link #2298
shadowii

if he left wherever they lived while she was away (people in black spot do have houses and villages),
one thing is established in needless and that is cruz said point blank that he survived by depending on Aruka and thinks thats why shes grown to hate him. whether thats how it is or how aruka joined simeon and kept cruz in the dark about it (as it must have been for years) will be revealed later.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-12-12 at 20:16.
Old 2009-12-12, 20:17   Link #2299
Homura7

Perhaps another gaiden could give more details, but since this is Aruka, I believe her reasons for joining Simeon and everything about her will be explained in the main story.
Old 2009-12-12, 20:20   Link #2300
shadowii

oh i'd love another gaiden story, maybe another cruz and mio solo adventure (or with disk)

Tags
action, comedy, seinen