AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-05, 05:30   Link #1961
sa547
*Author

That is going to be one hell of a ride -- I'm in.

Spoiler for Damn it makes sense...:

Preview:

-----------
BTW, came across this while on research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Name_(brand)

I laughed as it seems to make sense that the seiyuu sub-unit be named as such. And going further...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Name

Last edited by sa547; 2012-07-05 at 07:43.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:13   Link #1962
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Gave a try on translating the preview:
Spoiler for ep11 PV:

Seems like next few episodes will be awesome.
No kidding..year 0048 and they're still singing aitakatta lol
GodkiP has been lazy :P

I love how they're going to sing Nagisa no Cherry too since it's a giant joke on Nagisa and Chieri name + it was the song that made Acchan stand at the front and establish her as the center.
But only one person can be center for that song...Nagisa vs Chieri? Lol
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 09:29   Link #1963
Undertaker

Yeah it'll be fun to see who makes out as center or they goes with the team-format of double center. Not out of question considering that they broke away from 3-man unit with Heart Gata.
Old 2012-07-05, 10:51   Link #1964
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, things certainly seem to be heating up around here, next episode should be quite the spectacle.

Anyway, just passing by to leave a little something that might interest you.

Spoiler for The full product:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 12:22   Link #1965
Raiga
tl;dr

Somebody asked?
Old 2012-07-05, 14:14   Link #1966
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I love how they're going to sing Nagisa no Cherry too since it's a giant joke on Nagisa and Chieri name + it was the song that made Acchan stand at the front and establish her as the center.
Now I think about, it'll probably won't be a fair contest to begin with....

Nagisa no Cherry => Nagisa no Chieri => Nagisa's Chieri

It's already decided that that Nagisa is going to win and make Chieri all hers...

Guess this series is setting up for a yuri end.
Old 2012-07-05, 14:42   Link #1967
Kazu-kun

Quote:
But would that suit Tsubasa's goal? This whole concert is just a scheme to get a new Center Nova. If she separates Chieri and Nagisa, will she get the glow she's looking for? For the sake of getting that glow Tsubasa might just go and change the dance formation to whatever suits her needs.

But we'll see... I'm really more interested to see what Miichan's going to do when she hears about this concert. And of course, there's Yuuko too. She said she wouldn't mind disappearing if she can become Center Nova, so what is she going to do when she learns her dream is being snatched away from her?

We might get that Chieri/Nagisa vs Yuuko mic-saber duel after all!!!!

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-05 at 18:20.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 15:02   Link #1968
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
That is going to be one hell of a ride -- I'm in.

Spoiler for Damn it makes sense...:
But isn't a double center what's in the OP?
Old 2012-07-05, 15:22   Link #1969
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
We might get that Chieri/Nagisa vs Yuuko mic-saber duel after all!!!!
Never. The two would never fight her, nor support themselves being deliberately pushed over her when they aren't ready, which is what Tsubasa would be doing. I expect the first point to hold out long enough for them to figure out the second point, at which time they would call foul on the issue.

It's not that they wouldn't want to become successors, or even a center, but the fact that they know their training is not complete, and finding themselves being pushed under false pretenses above this girl they both admire and respect would almost certainly make them call a stop to it. They want to be successors, not just be called them when they don't deserve it.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 15:51   Link #1970
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Never. The two would never fight her, nor support themselves being deliberately pushed over her when they aren't ready, which is what Tsubasa would be doing. I expect the first point to hold out long enough for them to figure out the second point, at which time they would call foul on the issue.

It's not that they wouldn't want to become successors, or even a center, but the fact that they know their training is not complete, and finding themselves being pushed under false pretenses above this girl they both admire and respect would almost certainly make them call a stop to it. They want to be successors, not just be called them when they don't deserve it.

That's an interesting point. We already know that Tsubasa is using everyone for the sake of finding out about Acchan, and even though she has been warned about the dangers of the Center Nova position, she's still trying to bring it back. This means she doesn't really care about what will happen to Chieri and Nagisa as long as she can get whatever she's looking for.

Now that I think about it, Tsubasa may just be the first actual antagonist of the series.

And yeah, I could see the girls calling a stop to all this shit if they find out it's all part of Tsubasa's plan. Maybe they will meet Miichan and she will tell them everything, including why she ran away. I think that would be cool because it would allow them to decide what to do by themselves. And who knows, maybe after learning everything, they might just go for it anyway......

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-05 at 17:05.
Old 2012-07-05, 20:54   Link #1971
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
The girl that did the Russian language was HKT48, Anna Murashige, who's half russian and japanese so probably why the switching. Or maybe planetary education system has improved and now teach kids multiple languages lol
Thanks for that nice info.

A little late in watching, so I'm only in episode 9.
Spoiler for Episode 9:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 21:08   Link #1972
Undertaker

Also that in scene the Japanese part sounds a bit different, which as I take as a way to show that the girl did learn some Japanese due to her fandom but was just not well enough, I mean she did stutter a bit in the beginning before going with Russian then switch to an accented Japanese.

I mean there is a lot of AKB fans in East Asian country who learns Japanese just so they can have short conversation during the hand-shake events.

As for Takamina's action, it shows an emotion part on the real life AKB. 48 Group is incredibly competitive vertically despite most of them get along with each other horizontally. (those who manage to stick around anyway). There are countless story where members lost their spot due to injuries or sickness and have start over to regain they original spots or they were forced to give up, demoted against their will.

If you think of them more as professional sport team than Takamina's action is completely understandable.

All these are some of inside detail that AKB fans can pickup and enjoys, why AKB fans on this board and others that I go to have been pleasantly surprised by the details in this series.
Old 2012-07-05, 21:26   Link #1973
mochichan

Quote:
That's an interesting point. We already know that Tsubasa is using everyone for the sake of finding out about Acchan, and even though she has been warned about the dangers of the Center Nova position, she's still trying to bring it back. This means she doesn't really care about what will happen to Chieri and Nagisa as long as she can get whatever she's looking for.

Now that I think about it, Tsubasa may just be the first actual antagonist of the series.

And yeah, I could see the girls calling a stop to all this shit if they find out it's all part of Tsubasa's plan. Maybe they will meet Miichan and she will tell them everything, including why she ran away. I think that would be cool because it would allow them to decide what to do by themselves. And who knows, maybe after learning everything, they might just go for it anyway......
I wouldn't really put Tsubasa in the antagonist category since she's not doing this out of ill will but rather just want to find out what happened to her friend. Selfish, and a little desperate, and after seeing Chieri and Nagisa, she finally saw a chance to find out what happened and want to take a risk. She does have access to the shrine, the kiraras, and GodKiP...maybe she know something about Nagisa and Chieri that we don't and she know they won't be hurt in the Center Nova position?

Also since we don't know what happened to the past center, we don' t know if it's bad or not....since Acchan seem to went on her own free will meaning she don't consider it a bad thing and no one forced her. Also maybe it was the same for past centers too? But Miichan ran away which is an interesting detail.....

who know. And in that video, I was under the impression that the girls were attacked by DES again the way they were carrying the gun or in hiding. Maybe Chieri cried because Nagisa is the center for Nagisa no Cherry.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 21:49   Link #1974
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I wouldn't really put Tsubasa in the antagonist category since she's not doing this out of ill will but rather just want to find out what happened to her friend.
She doesn't need to have any ill intentions to be an antagonist. Besides, even if Acchan went on her free will, she still disappeared so the risk is real and Tsubasa knows it. Furthermore, I doubt she will tell the girls about it either.

Quote:
who know. And in that video, I was under the impression that the girls were attacked by DES again the way they were carrying the gun or in hiding.
Well, they're in Lancastar and about to hold a concert. No doubt DES would try to stop them. But I don't think the confrontation with DES will be the main conflict this time around. For the climax of the series they need something more dramatic. This time we have Tsubasa, Miichan, and even Yuuko to provide a better conflict than the DES cannon fodders.

Quote:
Maybe Chieri cried because Nagisa is the center for Nagisa no Cherry.
Maybe, although I have my doubts about that for the reason I mentioned before: would the glow that Tsubasa is looking for appear for Nagisa alone?
Old 2012-07-05, 22:57   Link #1975
RDF2050
Superidol

Quote:

Maybe, although I have my doubts about that for the reason I mentioned before: would the glow that Tsubasa is looking for appear for Nagisa alone?
I am sure this must be something relate to her family's issues.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:15   Link #1976
Random Wanderer

Quote:
I don't think they would have made the point of how it works for the two of them in this past episode if they were planning on having it be for Nagisa alone in this next one.

I wish Chieri wouldn't let her feeling of failure eat at her like this. No one has even hinted that she's not doing well... because that wouldn't be true. It's well-known that she's the most skilled among the 77th generation in terms of the purely physical tasks of the trade, and since she's been warming up to the others she's been making progress on the emotional side as well. I have high hopes that someday she and Nagisa will be able to make kirara glow on their own, without needing to be together to fill in each other's gaps, so to speak. But Chieri doesn't seem to see the progress she's making. A part of her has never gotten past that moment in the escape from the passenger liner when Yuuko told her what a kirara's glow meant... and she realized that it hadn't glowed for her once in four years.

It's painful to see her down on herself about this, when I have no doubt at all that she's wrong.
Old 2012-07-05, 23:33   Link #1977
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It's painful to see her down on herself about this, when I have no doubt at all that she's wrong.
Then again, being emotionally vulnerable makes her more interesting and realistic. She's flawed, and that gives her more depth as a character.

I actually have more problems with Nagisa's extreme nativity. "It's not about winning or losing" she said in the last episode. Did she already forget all those girls who failed the selection round? All of them lost!! They will get over it and move on to other things, but they lost their chance in AKB and that's a fact. Also, what about Yuuko, who won't become a Center Nova like she dreams of because she just doesn't have the glow? What about Takamina, who is crushing Kanata's dream as long as she stays in the group? And yeah, I know Nagisa doesn't know about Takamina or Yuuko, but she does know about all the girls from the selection round so her line of thinking has no excuse.

There are winners and losers in AKB, and Nagisa refusing to even acknowledge that reality is IMO kind of disrespectful to all the girls who couldn't achieve their dreams.

EDIT: I still like Nagisa though. I just think she needs as much emotional growth as Chieri does.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-05 at 23:55.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:05   Link #1978
Undertaker

True, but at same time, if you are too hang up on win/lose you won't be able to stand in that center that long and really one of the reason why real life Aachan was chosen as the constant center. But I agree, to discount it complete is way too naive. It should be that you battle and compete to your fullest, with a little luck, you'll come out on top. It not, try harder and wait for your next chance but while in between your all friends with each other working to make the group stronger, which is really how the real life AKB operates.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:22   Link #1979
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
But I agree, to discount it complete is way too naive. It should be that you battle and compete to your fullest, with a little luck, you'll come out on top. It not, try harder and wait for your next chance but while in between your all friends with each other working to make the group stronger, which is really how the real life AKB operates.
Exactly. That's pretty much what I was getting at. You shouldn't worry about this to the point it might affect your work like it's happening with Chieri, but you shouldn't discount the issue completely like Nagisa does either. I think a middle ground is the way to go, which is probably how things happen in the real AKB.
Old 2012-07-06, 00:49   Link #1980
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Exactly. That's pretty much what I was getting at. You shouldn't worry about this to the point it might affect your work like it's happening with Chieri, but you shouldn't discount the issue completely like Nagisa does either. I think a middle ground is the way to go
There is likely a reason it takes both of them together to make the kirara react. They balance each other, not just in terms of their skills, but emotionally as well.

However, I believe Nagisa's view on the girls in the selection round is that you won't truly fail unless you give up. The girls in the selection round gave up. When faced with a threat to their ideals and dreams, they ran rather than face the challenge. Those who passed were those who had the will to stand and defend each other, and defend their dreams and the dreams of the people at the concert they thought they were protecting.

Chieri will not lose unless she chooses to give up and abandon her dreams. It's not about one person getting ahead of another. There is no "ahead" of anyone. There is only each girl's own path, which only that girl can follow. You do not win or lose: you simply follow your dream, until you either reach it, or abandon it.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime