AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-01, 03:01   Link #961
l.kostas

The title of manga chapter 33 is XXXX!. Umechazuke took it from a scene in the prologue of light novel volume 5.
Spoiler for light novel volume 5:
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 16:13   Link #962
bragon187

Hi all, i watched this anime and very impressed the plot. I'm very happy when saw Kokou and Banri together finally. But when I read the last chapter of Light Novel (chapter 6 vol 8 on Baka-tsuki) , the ending is different than the anime. Exactly ,in the LN, Banri losing his memories again and only Linda here with him, not Kouko. Is it right ? Can anyone pls explain or tell me what that mean?
Is three extra concern the main story after?
bragon187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-10, 18:10   Link #963
Frontier

That last translated chapter on Baka-Tsuki is basically the last few scenes of the anime, with a few minor differences at the end, right after the chapter where Banri and Kouko get together .
Old 2014-09-10, 21:34   Link #964
bragon187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
That last translated chapter on Baka-Tsuki is basically the last few scenes of the anime, with a few minor differences at the end, right after the chapter where Banri and Kouko get together .
So you mean that ending of light novel is different than the anime, isn't it? In the anime they happy together, but in LN, it seems that something happens after and Banri lost his memories again, he doesn't get with Kouko, but either gets with Linda or no one ? Umh, an open ending, right ?
I'm looking forward Takemiya will explain that scene in LN. I like that anime very much, but I have some disappointed when know the last episode are not as the source.
Old 2014-09-10, 21:44   Link #965
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragon187 View Post
So you mean that ending of light novel is different than the anime, isn't it? In the anime they happy together, but in LN, it seems that something happens after and Banri lost his memories again, he doesn't get with Kouko, but either gets with Linda or no one ? Umh, an open ending, right ?
I'm looking forward Takemiya will explain that scene in LN. I like that anime very much, but I have some disappointed when know the last episode are not as the source.
no, the end is basically the same kouko end with banri what change is not something like their dont end together is more like cosmetic changes, like the scene with linda and the other guy if i'm not wrong only appear in anime but also the novel make looks like their gonna end together too which was very weird in anime since we dont get any real progress between then, like the romance come from nowhere.
Old 2014-09-11, 00:07   Link #966
l.kostas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bragon187 View Post
Is three extra concern the main story after?
About the light novel - anime differences see the comments here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...18396&page=110
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...106185&page=32

The first extra doesn't have anything to do with the main story:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpapo View Post
As for the 2D spinoff, I can't really summarize what I have not read. Judging from the chapter titles alone, it would appear to be the story of how 2D leaves the 2D world and joins the rest of humanity. Whether he winds up with his childhood friend is quite another question. I have no idea.
The other 2 could easily be part of the volumes that preceded them. They explain some events from the previous volumes. Extra 2 shows how Linda and Mitsuo suddenly became that close in volume 5. Also the scene Kouko and Chinami were trying swimsuits alone in the anime and the manga are from the 2nd extra. Light novel volume 6 is about Banri and Linda back in Shizuoka. Extra 3 shows what the others did while those 2 were in Shizuoka in the previous volume. The NANA-senpai-Kouko/exorsist scene in the anime was taken from that extra.
Old 2014-09-11, 05:07   Link #967
rpapo

FWIW, the tail-end portion of volume 8 that I translated quite clearly shows Banri and Kouko together. You can easily get distracted by the last two pages, though, which show two things: Banri & Linda visiting their friend who had just had a baby, and finally, Banri running after his friends with a hint of somebody shadowy following him. I currently believe that shadow to be somewhat like Banri's Ghost was earlier in the series (his memories from before the accident) . . . except that now it is his memories from the 20 months or so that he was the "new" Banri.

So the end of the novel mostly matches the anime: Banri and Kouko are together, but Banri remains on good terms with both Linda, his old friend, and with the others, which are all friends made while his old memories were supposedly lost.

But the anime makes all this more explicit.

Just what the novel would have been like if the last volume hadn't been rushed out, we may never know.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-11, 10:55   Link #968
bragon187

Quote:
FWIW, the tail-end portion of volume 8 that I translated quite clearly shows Banri and Kouko together. You can easily get distracted by the last two pages, though, which show two things: Banri & Linda visiting their friend who had just had a baby, and finally, Banri running after his friends with a hint of somebody shadowy following him. I currently believe that shadow to be somewhat like Banri's Ghost was earlier in the series (his memories from before the accident) . . . except that now it is his memories from the 20 months or so that he was the "new" Banri.

So the end of the novel mostly matches the anime: Banri and Kouko are together, but Banri remains on good terms with both Linda, his old friend, and with the others, which are all friends made while his old memories were supposedly lost.

But the anime makes all this more explicit.

Just what the novel would have been like if the last volume hadn't been rushed out, we may never know.
Thanks all of that, I had some worries when found the trusts or explanations of these pages on the internet and the concern with anime ending. Some people told the studio had changed the ending , others who can read JP spoiled the ending of LN was different on a few months ago, etc.. But now with your answer - the translator and some reliable people (i think that) on this page, I have some feeling comfortable again. As you know, I also like a happy ending, but very interested in the trust if the developments of anime is as the LN, and the end is the most that i want to know.
I hope they will make the OVA for this, but it seems like won't have more.
Old 2014-09-11, 11:03   Link #969
rpapo

Well, I continue to work on the LN translation, albeit at a slower pace than last year. That slower pace can be attributed fully to two things: the anime is over, and I have found myself getting more and more involved with scanlation.

Nonetheless, my second monitor here at work has Golden Time Volume 4, page 112 up in Word, being worked on during the moments when I have to wait for my work computers to finish something.

Did I ever mention that Takemiya is difficult to translate at times? She seems to love convoluted sentences...
Old 2014-09-30, 09:05   Link #970
l.kostas

Tankobon 7 cover, release date December 20:

Last edited by l.kostas; 2014-11-28 at 02:58.
Old 2015-01-07, 15:45   Link #971
LKK

Seven Seas licensed the manga version. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-07, 16:51   Link #972
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Seven Seas licensed the manga version. [Source]
And that is my signal to stop working on the manga scanlation. I continue to work on the light novel translation, though, until and unless it gets licensed too. But considering that not even Toradora got licensed for publication in English, I don't think the Golden Time light novel will be licensed either.
Old 2015-01-10, 01:28   Link #973
Frontier

Yes! Awesome to hear that the Golden Time manga will be released over here. I'll for sure be picking up the first volume .

Quote:
And that is my signal to stop working on the manga scanlation. I continue to work on the light novel translation, though, until and unless it gets licensed too. But considering that not even Toradora got licensed for publication in English, I don't think the Golden Time light novel will be licensed either.
Thank you so much for your efforts in translating the manga rpapo, as well as your continued translations of the light novel .

Light Novel licensing seems to be taking off lately though, particularly of Dengeki Bunko work, so it would be awesome to see Toradora and then hopefully Golden Time officially brought over. I know for sure I'd get both .
Old 2015-01-10, 06:02   Link #974
rpapo

Quote:
Yes! Awesome to hear that the Golden Time manga will be released over here. I'll for sure be picking up the first volume .
I probably will too, if for no more reason than to see just how badly I missed in the translation...

Quote:
Thank you so much for your efforts in translating the manga rpapo, as well as your continued translations of the light novel .
My wife calls me stubborn, and continuing to work on this project after more than four years only goes to prove her right.

Quote:
Light Novel licensing seems to be taking off lately though, particularly of Dengeki Bunko work, so it would be awesome to see Toradora and then hopefully Golden Time officially brought over. I know for sure I'd get both .
We shall see. I don't object. There are plenty of things to work on, as even with the expanding market, only a fraction of what they produce in Japan gets translated for the English market . . . even when you count the efforts of scanlators and amateur light novel translators.
Old 2015-06-26, 04:35   Link #975
l.kostas

Manga volume 8 cover:
Old 2017-03-17, 06:17   Link #976
4851^7x3
waldo's mistake

Location: Not Sure, Mapquest crashed on me. There's way too many trees to go with or without
From the ending, it honetly feels a bit off from collective opinions, as he seems still in limbo, as if his very psyche is in Styx.

Accounting for the fragmented progression of said story suggests both heroines carry different pieces of him through slightly ajar glasses, just as their reasons are off geometrically: From guilt for his childhood friend also possibly stemmed from the very tragedy that shattered him and perhaps love elsewhere with the added weight of fear of loss to the latter struggling to accept him beyond the scope of a simple utility, again, tinctured by her own realization of her existence, likewise being weighed against his past, for both are manipulative yet terrified as abandoned pitbulls.

Now, past the verbal brick to brass tacks: Linda DID visit their childhood friends accompanied by the embodiment of scars LESS Koko, paragraphs after her own personal time. Perhaps he lives broken with both heroines supporting his entities. This brings curiosity to rest on their own tapes, such as devotion and previously destroyed purity.

As mentioned, the gaiden novels help carve this fiction, thus a final ruling hinges on investigation of said side stories. Even his name is rested in a, well, dichotomy, for the privacy of a much more fitting word, as tada obviously translates from Japanese to but, and banri as far as I can tell reads half day,or perhaps bar off a single of 365.25 in cHINESE. Neither are present in the language of the obverse's home.

Mayhaps this mimics life itself, as both halves approach the board from conflicting seats seeking a victory even if simply for that single move, only overcome by pariahs such as shunned spectators or players isolated with the ability to go as whichever the opponent cannot, the latter exile oft forced to knock a pawn so as not to be reviled.

I smell wasps on the horizon. Stalemate, score.

Last edited by 4851^7x3; 2017-03-17 at 08:37. Reason: grammar
4851^7x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-17, 13:42   Link #977
dark44

didnt like the end cause it came from nothing why Mitsuo end with Linda it looks like swapping
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-31, 23:04   Link #978
4851^7x3
waldo's mistake

Location: Not Sure, Mapquest crashed on me. There's way too many trees to go with or without
In this diatribe is a curt message: Use others as fire extinguishers against the mirror that is confusion and debt lest willing to snail past the mines without reaching the wanted finish line.
Spoiler for Used Flaws:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
didnt like the end cause it came from nothing why Mitsuo end with Linda it looks like swapping
What makes you so sure the story's over?
The most likely backstory is, well, Mitsuo's prior involvement with Linda and the accident, also, leaving Koko for her with Linda's shame preventing her from helping the hapless protagonist. The message in this serie is life runs fraught with pain, betrayal, deception, and mockery, simply take what you CAN get, but whatever you grab today may not be with you tomorrow, and will not care one whit for your very existence. Bets are the world is only useful through Blitzkrieg tactics interwoven with deceit, strategy, and ultimately, secrecy, as you cannot trust even those close to you or fully know yourself, therefore, Sun Tzu's rulebook Art of War is nigh impossible, rather, one must utilize coversion for success, wrenchingly instilling the truly bitter lesson that utopia is but absence of anything marred, and truly perfect IS? To that end, any tale is ravaged and must be fed a portion of yourself, motivating you to become a monster yourself to attain any semblance of perceived peace. Such sublimal messaging concretes this belief that in layman's as the observer's effect. There are some magnates that made headway into dismantling this chasm with these sayings:
[He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.]
-Friedrich Nietzche
[If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself, and then make a change]
-Michael Jackson

Last edited by 4851^7x3; 2017-05-31 at 23:49. Reason: grammar
4851^7x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-01, 03:33   Link #979
SKP2017

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark44 View Post
I would actually liked to see some Mitsuo x Crossdressing Banri... Have you watched Banri CD? HE'Z SO KUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEEE (TENSION 1000%)
Old 2017-06-01, 18:35   Link #980
4851^7x3
waldo's mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP2017 View Post
I would actually liked to see some Mitsuo x Crossdressing Banri... Have you watched Banri CD? HE'Z SO KUUUUUUTTTTTTEEEEEE (TENSION 1000%)
*confesses gut-wrenching tale to toilet*

Tags
college, dengeki bunko, love triangle, romance, school life, shounen