AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 04:58   Link #361
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Chargeable by USB is possible (despite I heard that first time on Shinki ). My MP3 device is charged by USB on running PC.
Old 2012-12-22, 21:39   Link #362
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.12

so after hangover time ready for hina's party til oh cat & dog shinki come to telll hina went somewhere cause it's reveal that hina got kidnap by 2 shinki collectors loyalist.

so rescue hina give she got hi-jack so rest battle goons while ana give all wake-up hina include a flash drive with all of give in hina is back oh beat up the 2 shinki collector loyalist.

& after all happy birthday hina time & end.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:33   Link #363
justsomeguy

I liked this show! (Considering how negative I've been toward certain others this season, that's a nice change of pace.) It's nowhere near perfect, but overall Busou Shinki was a fun watch, and my first watch on the weekends.

The good:
* All of the protagonists are cute and likeable, despite being archetypes.
* 8Bit constantly reminded the audience that the shinki are very small robots, through drawing dolljoints, requirements for energy and programming, the eye cameras, etc. There's very good differentiation from human characters even though they act like such.
* Unlike certain movies about giant transforming robots, 8Bit never forgot that the show was about Busou Shinki. The human characters are basically marginalized, with only Master and the collector guy given face time. Even if the shinkis' lives revolved around their masters, at no time did the humans dominate the show.
* I liked the hamster. Really wish it got a bit more of a role than randomly appearing to chew seeds.

The bad:
* Considering how sexualized the shinki are without armor, things can get creepy sometimes, especially since there's no consistency to when crotch joints (creepy in and of themselves) are drawn.
* The programmed devotion to their human masters is also kind of creepy.
* The storyline is really bonkers at times. Ghosts exist! And there are also lots of naked shinki wandering around in the mountains! The empire only conquered the colony in the sewers under the park only a couple of weeks ago, but there are already highly specific prophecies about a savior! WTF?
* Kurara really got a raw deal at times. I really wish she won more than once.

Final score: 8/10. It's a relaxing, non-too-serious show that's sweet and sentimental.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-22, 23:38   Link #364
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Straf'armor is stack with Arnval's armor look nice and I heard it first time too.
Old 2012-12-23, 00:43   Link #365
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
I liked this show! (Considering how negative I've been toward certain others this season, that's a nice change of pace.) It's nowhere near perfect, but overall Busou Shinki was a fun watch, and my first watch on the weekends.

The good:
* All of the protagonists are cute and likeable, despite being archetypes.
* 8Bit constantly reminded the audience that the shinki are very small robots, through drawing dolljoints, requirements for energy and programming, the eye cameras, etc. There's very good differentiation from human characters even though they act like such.
* Unlike certain movies about giant transforming robots, 8Bit never forgot that the show was about Busou Shinki. The human characters are basically marginalized, with only Master and the collector guy given face time. Even if the shinkis' lives revolved around their masters, at no time did the humans dominate the show.
* I liked the hamster. Really wish it got a bit more of a role than randomly appearing to chew seeds.

The bad:
* Considering how sexualized the shinki are without armor, things can get creepy sometimes, especially since there's no consistency to when crotch joints (creepy in and of themselves) are drawn.
* The programmed devotion to their human masters is also kind of creepy.
* The storyline is really bonkers at times. Ghosts exist! And there are also lots of naked shinki wandering around in the mountains! The empire only conquered the colony in the sewers under the park only a couple of weeks ago, but there are already highly specific prophecies about a savior! WTF?
* Kurara really got a raw deal at times. I really wish she won more than once.

Final score: 8/10. It's a relaxing, non-too-serious show that's sweet and sentimental.
I wonder if they could do that to Infinite Stratos? I mean, they could learn from Busou Shinki and make a better 2nd Season. (minus the horrible male MC design from BS)

Still, it all ends well that ends well! Oh wait, I'm repeating myself!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 01:14   Link #366
Gault
inc_mplete

as a big Shinki lover with 163 Shinkis figures, I enjoyed this anime
I don't mind the lack of battle scenes cause I believe majority of the time the Shinkis lives would be like those in the anime

I mean, how often are you gunna fight? once a weekend I suppose but every other moment? its going to be like the main 4, good job Konami and 8bit!
Gault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 03:14   Link #367
SQA

Ep 12 brought us Araragi wanting to get personal with a 7 inch doll in the evening. I was cracking up so loud to that one.

The show as a whole was quite enjoyable. The antics they were up to, in most any other series, would have grown old and stale real fast, but with 7 inch, semi-sentient robots performing those antics, it was quite the blast. It was also nice that the series didn't take itself too seriously, but infused just enough seriousness to keep it very enjoyable yet not be farce. A great balance done by the staff.

It's, very frankly, the best long-form advertisement I've seen.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 04:14   Link #368
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Its a light hearted and not so serious series .... the main draw is the moe/cute sentient round 7inch female gynoids .... i doubt this series will get attention if it bulky 20 cm robots doing this

Spoiler for ..............:
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 22:22   Link #369
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

You think that they would put a string of them so they dont fly off all the time or at less nail the window shut

8/10 just to much like Chobits with out the panty epiosde
Old 2012-12-24, 00:00   Link #370
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
You think that they would put a string of them so they dont fly off all the time or at less nail the window shut

8/10 just to much like Chobits with out the panty epiosde
Let them fly! They are more like Hoihoi-san than Chobits.
You have the best pest control in your household. You can sleep in peace.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 18:05   Link #371
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to both American continents, the Carribean Sea region, and the Pacific Islands west of the American continents, since due to the time zones differences Christmas day has already ended in the regions of Asia and Oceania, and almost in all of Europe and Africa.

On-Topic

So, this was the end of the two-parter featuring Hina basking in the spotlight. I would say that the drama Arn evoked to make Hina to go back to her senses lacked some punch, but the final showdown between Hina and Victoria was superbly explosive; Arn raised the stakes by lending Hina her battle armor for the former to use.

At the end, the good Shinkis triumphed, Hina got back her memories, and all of them returned home to Master on time to celebrate Hina's birthday.

You, know what?
They should have celebrated all big time by inviting in the rest of the other Shinki's that the gals befriended throughout the course of the series: the Kitsune-type having a ghost for a Master, those two race-car type Shinkis, the survival type Shinki, and the Santa type Shinki.

Oh, well! Somehow witnessing Jindou cradling her damaged Victorina on his hands and crying over her made me felt optimistic that the guy likely learned his lesson or truly felt affection towards his Shinki, after all.

As far as I could tell from the conclusion, it seemed to me like the end of another non-serialized episode and not something big or whole like the finale for the overall storyline or of a major arc.

Busou Shinki. Last Thoughts
It was about mid-2011 when they announced the upcoming release of the Busou Shinki Moon Angel OVA, that got me all hooked up into this universe. Furthermore, it wasn't until I watched the whole OVA episode at the start of this year that made take a liking to the characters: the Arn type and the Strarf type.

The OVA had a different feeling plus a storyline, introducing very dark or gloom elements, nonetheless, ended in a happier ending with an optimistic feel.

Now, about the middle of the year that's when they announced this TV series to air on the autumn season which did.
The storylines and feel were different from those OVA, which was not a bad things because most of the episode seemed like meaning something serious or gloomy, which at the end the problem got solved by our heroines, and the atmosphere subverting back to a happy mood.

This anime release was not bad, since I found most of the episodes entertaining; the Christmas episode was favorite best so far, followed by the Hina two-parter which concluded the series, and underground Shinki kingdom from episode ninth.

To be honest, I did not feel that particular feeling of hollow or vacancy every time that I finish a show that I got myself attached to. I know that there's more lot for Busou Shinki to tell and to cover, and this has not been the last time we see and hear about those four Shinki gals along with their master.

This was the first anime that I finished for the autumn 2012 season, as well the first title I concluded in Christmas day.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 11:45   Link #372
EroKing

Images
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Nyantype
Old 2012-12-28, 17:06   Link #373
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Megami
Trying to be a Brightfeather model, Hina?
Old 2012-12-29, 09:56   Link #374
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Nyantype pinup is just... Well... That only works on Busou Shinnen.
Old 2012-12-30, 04:35   Link #375
Kyuu
=^^=

Most definitely one of the more stranger series that I've seen in recent years. Yet, it was rather enjoyable.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-30, 04:54   Link #376
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Most definitely one of the more stranger series that I've seen in recent years. Yet, it was rather enjoyable.
Very enjoyable indeed... *Listens to "sweet dreams" by azusa*

Oh god why am I crying... *Then rewatches episode 8*
Old 2013-01-27, 09:33   Link #377
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Episode 10 is my favorite. I waited the whole anime to get to Tsugaru.

But 9 is pretty good. Hearing Saber and Athena on the same stage was <3 every second.
Old 2013-07-09, 22:37   Link #378
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for OVA:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life