AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 77 44.51%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 32.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 12.72%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 6.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.16%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-17, 19:00   Link #141
y0shi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
So is beatrice having the ring before getting the ring a mistake or a clue?
Some VN player please help me out xD

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
Old 2009-09-17, 19:03   Link #142
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Some VN player please help me out xD
To be perfectly honest, we don't know.
However, it was the same in both the VN and the Anime.

By the way, looking at the poll...dang, this episode is highly rated.
No argument there though.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-09-17, 20:20   Link #143
TTR
受話器持って魔女・エアトリーチェ

Stupid, stupid Battler. Just give up already :3

Anyway, really liked this episode, can't wait to see the rest of the arc~
Old 2009-09-17, 21:41   Link #144
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWorm View Post
Cliffhangers are cheap most of the times, it can greatly improve atmosphere, but overusing it will ruin it instead (Code Geass R2 for example). Directors shoudnt rely on cliffhangers in each episode, especialy when that scene would be so forced as it was here (it could have ended with metaworld scene, it was intense enough).
Judging by reactions on forums filled with mainly anime only viewers (ANN, AOD for some) the cliffhanger worked. I also find it hilarious a VN reader is complaining about cliffhangers...
Old 2009-09-17, 22:22   Link #145
urusai

I'm a VN reader, and I thought the cliffhanger was brilliant. Some people have just been warped by their own cynicism.
Old 2009-09-17, 22:38   Link #146
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Opinions people. It wouldn't be productive to comment on someone's review because it contradicts the majority. Let it be.
Old 2009-09-18, 04:47   Link #147
Kazane

Superb episode, really. The opening itself already earned this episode a 10. Finally got to see my favorite characters animated!

Great start to my favorite arc. Now, even though I'd usually say stuff like "I hope DEEN keeps this up!" or something, I think I'll just cherish this episode while preparing myself for DEEN to ruin the final few episodes of this arc. Bah, pessimism.

10/10
Old 2009-09-18, 07:37   Link #148
Belum_nabum
Banned

Post Long post and it took me 30 minutes to do it! GAH! Well let's have fun then!

Ok the episode is great and IT SUCKS I HAVE NO TIME to talk to you all about other animes but I will take some time to discuss this series.

So let me get this straight:
-Eva has some spirit guardian of a younger version of her that I think might be Bernkastel helping her since she can make herself younger in Higurashi but I might be wrong on this one.
-Ronove.... HOLY CRAP! this guy is REALLY IN DEMON MYTHOLOGY! You can find out about him here: http://www.angelfire.com/empire/serp.../DEMONVII.html This also makes Beatrice more like Solomon since he had 72 demons under his control.
-WTH is GOING ON? There is another Beatrice who makes a little girl named Beatrice an apprentice?
-Memory magic is shown and applied. Interesting but seen somewhere else already.
-Battler comical faces were good.
-WOAH! OP NEW ELEMENTS! O_O
-Beatrice makes Rosa admit to killing her?(I think that she did) HMMMMMMM interesting.
-Maria also happens to draw a circle during the beach part as well as BEATRICE TAKING HER AS APPRENTICE? This explains why she believes her and listens to her. Seems past repeats itself as well as the highest rank is an Endless witch. Hmmmmmmm, WELL I AM NOT BUYING IT![/b]

Some points in pics
Elements I noticed in OP THAT ARE NEW!
WTH? Is that Maria older and a witch?
Spoiler for a:

Seven stakes of purgatory shown.
Spoiler for a:

THAT IS COOL! Lambdadelta and Bernkastel shown as rivals. COOL! That is nice! Bernkastel looks more like Rika here from Higurashi.
Spoiler for a:

Ronove is shown here and NOW I KNOW ALL ABOUT HIM! Great more demon scums!
Spoiler for a:

Is this Maria when older and when she is a witch? She looks MATURE is so.
Spoiler for a:

WTH? Old Beatrice VS Beatrice apprentice quick face off fight. COOL ADD! Now that is something to look forward to.
Spoiler for a:

WHO THE HELL IS THIS!
Spoiler for a:

Among many pics already WHO THE HELL is this person really of Eva?

Spoiler for a:

Ok so Battler faces are LOL!
Spoiler for a:

A Beatrice taking another little kid named Beatrice. This reminds me of witches eating kids but instead it is more making into someone to take their place.Well they sure MOEFIED the current Beatrice as a kid.

Spoiler for a:

Ronove and I think I might not like him.
Spoiler for a:

OK OK OK Beatrice has 100% permanent bigger chest it seems. Here is a good proof!
Spoiler for a:

So does Beatrice makes in this new game.....Rosa admit to killing her?
Spoiler for a:
Old 2009-09-18, 07:50   Link #149
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
A Beatrice taking another little kid named Beatrice
When the little kid was called by the name of Beatrice? In that flashback scene the only one who is called Beatrice is that woman with silver hair ^_-

Old 2009-09-18, 08:09   Link #150
Belum_nabum
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
When the little kid was called by the name of Beatrice? In that flashback scene the only one who is called Beatrice is that woman with silver hair ^_-
Maybe it is my fatigue but the little kid was also called Beatrice? Or was it just princess?
Also why would she take the name Beatrice? Respect to master?
Think I should go to sleep. Like I said there is a lot of stuff I am not so sure and assuming.
Old 2009-09-18, 09:13   Link #151
Alair

This episode gets my first 10. The pacing was strong throughout, we actually got see a younger Krauss, Eva, and Kinzo, and it ended on a strong hook for the next episode.

It did also make me start to wonder about Flashback-Beatrice's teacher again, the supposedly original Endless Witch...
Old 2009-09-18, 10:14   Link #152
EndlessNine

Finally watched the subs. Busy thursday was busy. ;-;'

+ Loved the new OP. <3
+ OH CHIBI BEATO WHY SO CUTE. I loved how DEEN handled this scene; Beatrice's mentor really seems like a mother to chibi Beato, and she was so innocent. :3
+ Young Kinzo is kinda.. funny . Krauss and Eva were simply gorgeous though. The scene where Eva talks to her younger self was really nice too. I didn't really liked her in the VN, but she is starting to grow on me. "Why don't you just give up and die?" <3
+ I couldn't stop laughing while watching the <see you again>/au revoir scene. Gosh, Battler's faces were priceless. XD
+ FINALLY THE PARENTS GOT REAL SCREENTIME! Ending in such a dramatic cliffhanger, huh? Brilliant, DEEN. <3

- Reused animation. Oh, it's understandable for me.

Definitely a 10/10.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:22   Link #153
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belum_nabum View Post
Maybe it is my fatigue but the little kid was also called Beatrice? Or was it just princess?
Also why would she take the name Beatrice? Respect to master?
Think I should go to sleep. Like I said there is a lot of stuff I am not so sure and assuming.
The Beatrice you see on that flashback never calls her disciple by name. In this episode she calls her "hime-sama" princess.

Old 2009-09-18, 10:28   Link #154
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ugh okay, so they're going to go through this again? To be honest I'm getting somewhat tried of this. Please don't tell me it goes on like this throughout the entire series. I swear to God if there is another game after this one then I'm dropping this.
Old 2009-09-18, 10:31   Link #155
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

okay drop it

Old 2009-09-18, 10:42   Link #156
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Aw crap...
Old 2009-09-18, 10:43   Link #157
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd actually suggest you at least stick around for the third round, then you can decide if you want to drop it or not....
Old 2009-09-18, 10:47   Link #158
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was really an empty threat. I only ever drop an anime if it's really REALLY bad.

Otherwise I'll carry on even if i am losing interest.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:06   Link #159
June 1983

I don't know why you wouldn't think there isn't another game coming up ... and another one after that ... that is kind of the premise of the show, isn't it? It's kind of like watching FMA and saying, "UGH, MORE SEARCHING FOR THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE??? When will it end???" Suffice it to say, that aspect is not going to change, definitely not in this season. However, what occurs in each game will change, of course, and I would say the variations get more extreme each time the board is set up.
Old 2009-09-18, 11:09   Link #160
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Gave this episode a 9 and a well deserved one.

I must admit the new OP is very good and capture multiple elements that we have already been introduced too as well those forthcoming. The portrait that was on the wall of Beatrice has been replaced with another very familiar look witch who also appears later in the OP i think she looks like Maria.

I was a little confused at first when this episode started but i quickly caught up and caught on to what was happening. Battler's many faces were hilarious and of course we were given a look at the past as we see why 2 of the siblings fight with another. Seems everyone in this family has a dirty little secret and some despite her gender wants the roll as head of the family it seems Eva has a friend who is given her guidance. But the funny thing is that new witch that appeared in the new OP who looks like Maria also looks this girl as well.

Beatrice having a servant was no surprised as i was spoiled by accident on Ronove who i dont really care for that much so far. However it is not surprising that Beatrice has a piece of furniture of her own. Battler who renewed spirit has spawned another game was impressive at the end and i think he even shocked Beatrice a bit as well. She made that not so happy face of hers after several of Battlers rebukes.

Also, the scene with the witch called Beatrice was interesting. The little girl looked like Beatrice but the older witch never called her by that name. Is Beatrice a name that can be inherited i look forward to finding out this total flip from the real world to the meta world was very cool. Im still confused about a number of things but im still liking the series.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2009-09-21 at 11:19.
Closed Thread