AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like Orihime?
I liked her before... 50 5.66%
I love her! 208 23.53%
I like her. 190 21.49%
Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-10, 04:59   Link #101
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Should attain herself a Hollow-esque form transformation, and trade in those Hairpinmen for some Funnels.

Elementary combat training would be good.
Old 2007-12-10, 05:49   Link #102
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avid_Bleacher View Post
After that horrible "almost" kissing scene with Ichigo, I am the most determined person on slaughtering her to hell!
Get in line. I have first dibs...I actually had my own I-HATE-ORIHIME-INOUE FANCLUB...Where I would slaughter her weekly...

I pray some Espada uses her as a shield!
Old 2007-12-10, 16:22   Link #103
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

And I got second so save some for me BleachOD!!! There are some ah things I want to do when you have finished... LIKE REMOVING HER HEART WHILE SHE'S STILL KICKING BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 2007-12-13, 18:34   Link #104
jonken

I'm Shocked too!

mostly i would have never thought why people dislike Orihime. but my reasons would be

1 shes ditsy
2 big boobs
3 in the way of rukia and ichigo
4 lame attacks
5 has a lezbian friend
6 weird

plainly i really dont mind any of the features and personality that she portrays because she is a different type of archetype that noone usually sees in a manga, especially when she herself created the romance. this all started at the end of the society when she cried over the close death of ichigo( which he responded in a really romantic way in her mind probably). in the Huedo Arc when both Orihime and Ichigo are injured by the Espada, he had the MOST trouble to say "sorry, I promise i will protect you" when Rukia made him apologize. He ALSO had the reitsu connection with Orihime that Tsuchiya had, (thats her name right?) meaning he might had a stronger feeling between the other friends. Even after she left for Hueno Mondo , he was more depressed than any of the characters
. after seeing Ichigos hollow, she might have panicked and believing he was different, but realized nothing change but his will to protect which Neil reminded to her...

im not sure if that is all true but looking at it, Rukia has been with him for most of the season, but nothing developed but mutual respect and kinda master to student respect to. but in the newer season Orihime became a protagonist in ichiigo and the series and an antagonist to herself.
Old 2007-12-13, 18:47   Link #105
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonken View Post
mostly i would have never thought why people dislike Orihime. but my reasons would be

1 shes ditsy
2 big boobs
3 in the way of rukia and ichigo
4 lame attacks
5 has a lezbian friend
6 weird
Tatsuki's not a lesbian. You're thinking of the other classmate that keeps rubbing onto Orihime's boobs who Tatsuki always chases away.

I think that Orihime would be one of the most adored characters in a series like Mai Hime. The characters in Bleach don't compliment her personality very well.
Old 2007-12-13, 19:45   Link #106
Lendial

i think ulqy will fall in love with her and vice versa so rukia-ichigo fans can be at peace.
Old 2007-12-14, 02:08   Link #107
Blood_Knight
The Dark Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
i think ulqy will fall in love with her and vice versa so rukia-ichigo fans can be at peace.
noooooooo, that would mean Ulquiorra wont be so emo, one Q: only problem I have with IchiXruki is their height difference, If they are to be a pair, why is their height difference so big?, hate to admit but Ori would be better suited .........height wise. Otherwise, kill her
Old 2007-12-14, 18:49   Link #108
Lendial

emos can love too! or perhaps its always a rocky relationship and ulqy can be emo about how hime doesnt treat him right.
Old 2007-12-14, 23:08   Link #109
Arthas1011
Bring on the blood mortal

I agree to Ishida being emo but I think that they would do quite well together, and anybody who tells me otherwise can face my zanpakuto
Old 2008-05-20, 13:18   Link #110
Hilarieho

I love Orihime personally, i actually think she's the best developed (in more ways than one ahyuk hyuk) character in the entire series. I really get her you know? I feel her pain and can relate to the cheerful mask she uses to hide it. I think a lot of the hate stems from digruntled rukia fans who feel Orihime is a rival for Ichigo (blaah who cares? it's hardly as if the two girls are at arms over him anyway) especially after Orihime admitted she felt jealous.
We gotta remember though, that Orihime admitted that she didn't like being jealous...because she likes Rukia. They're really good mates, they spend a month training together. There's no need for any haters harping on. Can't we all just...get along?
Old 2008-05-20, 13:33   Link #111
Hilarieho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I agree. She reminds of Sakura, who until, her battle with Sasori...I thought she was the most useless, whiny, obsessed character ever created. (She earned my respect. For that and she's doesn't says "Sasuke Kun" every other word. She said that more than Naruto says Dattebayo.)

I used to love Orihime. She was cute and funny, and though she lacks common sense; she's smart.
She doesn't have killer instincts, but she is STRONG AND BRAVE. <--Ugh I have to stop myself....OD FALLBACK! I am nearly waxing poetic here...

Anyway...By the time of episode 59 I hated her...Oh god this has to be the number one nauseating sentence..."I worried about you the whole time" This annoyed the hell out of me. I was like what about your survival? Reading the Manga...Just turned simple dislike into, a burning hate.(I started reading the Manga at 55 because, I couldn't wait for Ichigo vs. Byakuya. So I read from the point of 55- Chpt. 211-then backtracked to the beginning. *One day took care of this*)

It's weird. Rukia's calls Ichigo, name more than anyone...But it doesn't bother me. Rukia is constantly worrying about Ichigo. But it doesn't annoy me.

That's because it's right. That's what made me IchiRuki. In any other Anime/Manga. I'd would have been with Inoue. (I am usually on the side of the one who has known, and loved them the longest...Or in cases of extreme shallowness...The hottest.) <--That's rare. Love before looks.

But it annoys me how, Rukia has all the qualities Inoue has. (AND THE ONES, SHE LACKS) Yet she is constantly put down as weak, or emo for worrying over Ichigo...And everybody's sorry for Inoue. Rukia is a well-rounded character. Inoue is not. Rukia sacrificing herself for Ichigo she's emo. Orihime does it and not only is she a saint, she is now the other half of an anime super couple. (One in which the other half is barely aware of, I might add)

Take away her love for Ichigo, and and my red-eared sliders, are more fascinating to watch than she is. She is a useless character. Rukia can be strong. She's cute all the time. (Give her a chappy...and watch her go) She's funny, brute and rough. Yet she cries, and is a gentle loving person. She LOVES Ichigo deeply, and knows what he needs. They have a cute chemistry...And quite frankly, if not for her breasts size...I think more people would like her, instead of calling her a man. Plus she isn't the strongest...But she is useful in battle. Before I am bombarded with "She's stronger than RUKIA" Those powers, mean nothing if she is dead. She can't save herself. I hate weak women!

I know by now you are probably saying, "She's IchiRuki" Or "She's talking about Rukia, when this is about Orihime"

But thats just it...There isn't much to say about her. Let me tell you, something... I can hate the hell, out of you. But if you are great, performer/artist, fighter/ sports player. I can like you for that...and still hate your ass at the same time.

So it's not because I think she is an obstacle. Of IchiRuki I have no doubt. They have a real relationship, not once-sided. Call it what you want...But they already had a BOND, before he rescued her. Ichigo is a hero it''s what he does....<--One of the reasons why I love him...Which is strange, because I almost always prefer the Aizens, Mayuri's and Gin...The latter is in my top 5 after Ichigo. (He's beyond number one...No pun intended) I bet by now you rolled your eyes and did this...A number of times. Get used to it...It gets less sickening as time goes on...

Anyhoo I digress (Sorry. Ichigo does that to me ) ...

Inoue to me, ...except for her being kidnapped. Is in my opinion, an expendable character. She serves no real purpose. She is not even an equation ...So her, role isn't for a love-triangle.Seriously, we will, see Zaraki, Mayuri and Ishida in threesome, before that happens...(That she becomes an actual obstacle, and/or IchiOri uniting)

If she was...Who knows. I may have, hated her; for a whole new reason...Or I might have been an IchiOri Demon, and caught the ReniRuki Virus, too...

oof. If you're done...might i kindly remind you that Orihime has the ability to reverse time, bring back somebody from the dead, make an incredibly powerful object such as the Orb of distortion as if it never existed, heal any injury, create a powerful shield, BREAK a powerful shield... all tacked onto any fighting ability she has.
So yes, indeed Orihime might not be the 'greatest fighter' around. But I think we can safely say Orihime is not a useless character. In fact judging by her rather impressive list of skills I'd say she just MIGHT be a rather valuble character. MAYBE. HMM.
Just because Orihime is a pascifist doesn't make her weak. It makes her stronger. Ask Ghandi, i'm sure he would agree with me.
Old 2008-05-20, 13:33   Link #112
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarieho View Post
I love Orihime personally, i actually think she's the best developed (in more ways than one ahyuk hyuk) character in the entire series. I really get her you know? I feel her pain and can relate to the cheerful mask she uses to hide it. I think a lot of the hate stems from digruntled rukia fans who feel Orihime is a rival for Ichigo (blaah who cares? it's hardly as if the two girls are at arms over him anyway) especially after Orihime admitted she felt jealous.
We gotta remember though, that Orihime admitted that she didn't like being jealous...because she likes Rukia. They're really good mates, they spend a month training together. There's no need for any haters harping on. Can't we all just...get along?
Agreed....and if you Rukia fans who hate Orihime or any Orihime haters don't comply I will........put up Orihime posters all down your blocks and put billboards of her all over MUHAHAHAHA!!!! j/k

Also Orihime could kick any person's a** if she wanted to due to her reverse of time and space and rejection of fate and on a final note it is usually people with power that like peace because they know the pain that people suffer from fighting.
Old 2008-05-20, 13:57   Link #113
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilarieho View Post
oof. If you're done...might i kindly remind you that Orihime has the ability to reverse time, bring back somebody from the dead, make an incredibly powerful object such as the Orb of distortion as if it never existed, heal any injury, create a powerful shield, BREAK a powerful shield... all tacked onto any fighting ability she has.
So yes, indeed Orihime might not be the 'greatest fighter' around. But I think we can safely say Orihime is not a useless character. In fact judging by her rather impressive list of skills I'd say she just MIGHT be a rather valuble character. MAYBE. HMM.
Just because Orihime is a pascifist doesn't make her weak. It makes her stronger. Ask Ghandi, i'm sure he would agree with me.
Firstly it Gandhi ..... if your are drawing parllels Dalai Lama or any other pacifist please get there names correct . And no I am not bothered by the misspelling but in a way your insulting these very people . And sorry if I sounded personal I had no intentions in the first place

Also all the godly power in hands of a imbecile are pretty useless . And the current state of mind Inoue is in muttering Kurosaki Kun like a parrot she has a long ways to go before we get our buttkicking Orihime from SS Arc

Physically she may be the strongest entity but going by mental state its pretty darn pathetic . I can understand why people call her one of the weaker characters in Bleach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Agreed....and if you Rukia fans who hate Orihime or any Orihime haters don't comply I will........put up Orihime posters all down your blocks and put billboards of her all over MUHAHAHAHA!!!! j/k
Can you can it with the Rukia fans hate her Boohoo . Inoue is universally hated as any other character . If you dont believe me go on 2ch the most popular Japanese boards and witness Ori love spewing there .
Old 2008-05-20, 14:10   Link #114
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Don't want to get into this but I bet a lot of Orihime haters are female. They either hate her because she comes of as weak and needy or because they envy her. And they love Rukia for the exact opposite reasons. It's undeniable. Count how many girls/women hate Orihime, you'll find tons. Then count how many hate Rukia, you'll find almost none.

Men obviously love her in general for obvious and not so obvious reasons. Saying that I can see Geta Boshi finds her fairly useless. Funny Geta you love Tatsuki's character who in turn adores Orihime. I'll admit that Inoue definatly isn't the most loved character but if you look at the pole, more people seem to like her. On AS anyway, so she isn't universally hated. Just not loved as much as Rukia.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:21   Link #115
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Inoue and Rukia are equally hated . But I dont see any Rukia fan crying a river saying all her haters are Inoue fans ... You have to learn to accept Inoue is hated by wide spectra of fans not just one faction

I adore Tatsuki for the very same reason I adored Inoue in SS Arc / Karakura . She was a fighter i.e not physically mentally she had the heart of a lion (including Inoue) . But now it sadly isnt so . Tatsuki herself knows she is weak but Inoue on the other hand has godly powers .
Old 2008-05-20, 14:32   Link #116
Hilarieho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Firstly it Gandhi ..... if your are drawing parllels Dalai Lama or any other pacifist please get there names correct . And no I am not bothered by the misspelling but in a way your insulting these very people . And sorry if I sounded personal I had no intentions in the first place

Also all the godly power in hands of a imbecile are pretty useless . And the current state of mind Inoue is in muttering Kurosaki Kun like a parrot she has a long ways to go before we get our buttkicking Orihime from SS Arc

Physically she may be the strongest entity but going by mental state its pretty darn pathetic . I can understand why people call her one of the weaker characters in Bleach

0_0 Er, right sorry. I just thought I was trying to discuss my favourite anime and I've just inadvertantly insulted a spiritual leader.
Sorry Gandhi, i didn't mean it when i spelt your name wrong...

I realise you feel pretty strongly about it so i won't bother arguing, I don't really come to forums for that kind of thing...

But...Orihime still rocks.
hee.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:36   Link #117
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
I realise you feel pretty strongly about it so i won't bother arguing, I don't really come to forums for that kind of thing...
Yet you are going and necro ressurecting Inoue Threads ?
Old 2008-05-20, 14:43   Link #118
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Inoue and Rukia are equally hated . But I dont see any Rukia fan crying a river saying all her haters are Inoue fans ... You have to learn to accept Inoue is hated by wide spectra of fans not just one faction
The two are so different in character that I would say many Rukia lovers are Orihime haters and vice versa. It's a generalisation but I think it's true. I've been on about 3 different forums and I'm not blind. At least Rukia fans are much more verbal in their hate.

I'm not crying a river I'm just saying what I've seen, why would I care who loves and hates who. If I wasn't prepared for it I wouldn't bother browsing this forum. Yes I have accepted she is hated but I still like her. Oh well at least you have reasons for not liking her. Most just shout insults.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:43   Link #119
Hilarieho

Ahh i'm sorry. I'm new, i'm not quite sure how to work the forum and i didn't realise it was an old thread...
fair play let's just leave it at agreeing to disagree.
Old 2008-05-20, 14:51   Link #120
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
The two are so different in character that I would say many Rukia lovers are Orihime haters and vice versa. It's a generalisation but I think it's true. I've been on about 3 different forums and I'm not blind. At least Rukia fans are much more verbal in their hate.

I'm not crying a river I'm just saying what I've seen, why would I care who loves and hates who. If I wasn't prepared for it I wouldn't bother browsing this forum. Yes I have accepted she is hated but I still like her. Oh well at least you have reasons for not liking her. Most just shout insults.
I shout insults just for fun or to make jokes, I don't hate Rukia and Orihime is not my favourite character (Yoruichi, Urahara and Grimm is) but I still like Orihime more than Rukia because Orihime shows the most human emotions despite how godly her powers are, she is down to Earth and knows her flaws but due to being self conscious that is all she can see and that is something many people do (not me though I have a ego that is bigger than me!!)
Closed Thread