AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-05, 13:11   Link #161
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
I enjoyed this first episode which's technically good. The series has gorgeous setting and shows that staff's trip to Cuenca wasn't useless since it reminds me my trips to Spain.
Heh and here I was thinking that the city looked more Spanish, Portuguese or Italian then French (or Swiss to be really exact considering the region is named Helvetica) Good to see I was right.

Anyway lovely first episode, can't wait to see more.
Old 2010-01-05, 13:23   Link #162
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

A mixed bag for me, but quite enjoyable overall. Backgrounds outstanding. Character design excellent, although too reminiscent of K-On. Story and characters good. Storytelling slow and awkward, but with emotionally effective moments. I wish Aikawa Juri hadn't decided to imitate Toyosaki Aki's vocal patterns so closely, as closely as the character design imitated Toyosaki's character in K-On.

I really like the mixture of Japanese/Spanish/French elements in the setting.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 13:31   Link #163
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I really like the mixture of Japanese/Spanish/French elements in the setting.
Okey, what exactly? everyone keeps mentioning them again and again with out actually mentioning what exactly they are referring to..
Old 2010-01-05, 13:42   Link #164
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Okey, what exactly? everyone keeps mentioning them again and again with out actually mentioning what exactly they are referring to..
City is spanish in appearance and feeling (also the staff went to Cuenca), you see gratuitous french all over the place not to mention the insert song in french, then the names are well, you know. Finally, the festival is clearly japanese in its inspiration.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 14:02   Link #165
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

That was a beautiful first episode. Somehow it felt more like an animated movie than an anime episode.

I was a bit sceptical about the k-on style graphics, but it didn't seem to disturb me much.

And yeah, it's quite a mish-mash of culture the setting is based on. I just left my "culture générale" take the back seat there and enjoyed the show instead.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 14:03   Link #166
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Thankfully I skipped most of the moe fest that was K-On and don't have many memories to compare it with this. The character designs sure (although I think they look more like Kannagi than K-On), but everything else....not really.

I was pretty impressed with the first episode overall. The music was nice (I really liked the opening guitar piece), the setting was nice, and the foreshadowing was good (when they were talking about the demon I assumed they meant a war machine of some type but then they showed the fossil...hmm).

I think this will be worth sticking it out a few episodes to see where it goes. Hopefully people will stop comparing it to everything else though. It's unique enough to stand on its own merits.
Old 2010-01-05, 14:05   Link #167
Falkor

I enjoyed the first episode; liked the artwork, too (some of the art they showed was very pleasing and interesting, I would say).

there's something just charming and yet innocent about Kanata; or maybe it's just the way she plays her instrument... but I would still love to see more of the other girls; the white short-haired one really caught my interest for some strange reason.

cant' really say a whole lot about the anime itself yet, but I'm liking the different things presented so far: the cultural element, the settings, the characters and the story.

on another note, some freebies from the first episode: :P

Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 14:49   Link #168
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I enjoyed the first episode; liked the artwork, too (some of the art they showed was very pleasing and interesting, I would say).

there's something just charming and yet innocent about Kanata; or maybe it's just the way she plays her instrument... but I would still love to see more of the other girls; the white short-haired one really caught my interest for some strange reason.

cant' really say a whole lot about the anime itself yet, but I'm liking the different things presented so far: the cultural element, the settings, the characters and the story.

on another note, some freebies from the first episode: :P

I'll be taking this one. Thanks for the awesome gif!
SkoolRumble4Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 15:00   Link #169
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
the white short-haired one really caught my interest for some strange reason.
Might be that big arse tank she's hiding. Made me go all "love!" too.
Old 2010-01-05, 15:41   Link #170
kyouray
2D > 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Oh, I see, something like sangria? If Seize was created base on some Spanish place, it has to be something like that .
Yeah very similar to Sangria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
I don't know much about the production team's trip (or was it Mamoru Kanbe alone?), nor when it did take place, but I pretty sure it was several months ago, before the first chapter of the manga was released for sure.
Mamoru Kanbe went to Cuenca in March with Masatoshi Kai (art director), Tomoyuki Aoki (art setting) and maybe other members.

Quote:
Might be that big arse tank she's hiding. Made me go all "love!" too.
I hope this big tank will be useful
Old 2010-01-05, 15:47   Link #171
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post

I hope this big tank will be useful
Might be because of 9s/GitS, but when I saw the tank I instantly went, oh this must the spider in the legend they talked about.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 15:47   Link #172
Dextro
He Without a Title

Well this show didn't do it for me. The backgrounds are lovely but I couldn't help but stare at the the characters (hands in particular) and how they clashed with the background. They just don't seem to fit in.

The story also didn't pull me in but I'll give it a couple more episodes to see if it'll stick.
Old 2010-01-05, 15:52   Link #173
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

So we will see a bunch of girls playing music while driving a tank and shooting a dragon.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 15:57   Link #174
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

We don't know if all of them play music... yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well this show didn't do it for me. The backgrounds are lovely but I couldn't help but stare at the the characters (hands in particular) and how they clashed with the background. They just don't seem to fit in.
Ugh?! okkey...

You are the first person I meat with a hands fetish.
Old 2010-01-05, 16:01   Link #175
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
A hyped up first episode that looks and sounds a hell of a lot like a familiar premise.....this looks good for a larf and I haven't had one in a while. Will check out and post some impressions.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 16:16   Link #176
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
You are the first person I meat with a hands fetish.
He seems more critical of the design than expressing any desire towards them.
Also, you need to go meet some more people.

Quote:
So we will see a bunch of girls playing music while driving a tank and shooting a dragon.
I would have preferred jousting with an airplane, but this is fine, too. Also, it shouldn't be a dragon but a flying fortress/heavy command cruiser.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-05, 16:18   Link #177
iKuji

I really liked the episode, mostly because of the French insert song, the cuteness and the slow pace of the show. But really, can't they try a bit more ? They could have fixed all these stupid French faults in Kanata's order and in the song... The great song sounds stupid and doesn't mean anything now.
Well, except that that was a really great episode and I'm looking forward to the next episode
Old 2010-01-05, 16:33   Link #178
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
He seems more critical of the design than expressing any desire towards them.
If you end up totally disappointed in the show because of their design its a fetish as far as I'm concerned. Also, critics are just people with very deep fetish for little insignificant things so don't see how that makes it different. =P
Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Also, you need to go meet some more people.
I meet too many unfortunately...
Old 2010-01-05, 17:12   Link #179
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
A hyped up first episode that looks and sounds a hell of a lot like a familiar premise.....this looks good for a larf and I haven't had one in a while. Will check out and post some impressions.
It's actually not that bad. I'd take this over the first episode of that band show with the same character designs any day, though that's just me.

You may like it though, especially the setting.
Old 2010-01-05, 17:21   Link #180
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I wish Aikawa Juri hadn't decided to imitate Toyosaki Aki's vocal patterns so closely, as closely as the character design imitated Toyosaki's character in K-On.
Yep,me too (how I wish Hanazawa Kana had the lead role!) ,in fact I just thought the whole voice acting in general was subpar,but I still enjoyed the show in general.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life