AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-19, 18:45   Link #1
ashesatdusk

Send a message via AIM to ashesatdusk
[Manga]anyone think that Anime may outpace manga begfore HM ends?

The arrancar archive seems to move awfully quickly, and it doesn't seem like really that much has happened in the HM Arc... Anyone think that Anime is going to out pace the manga with in the next year? I really don't want to see the Anime move away too much from the story line.

Last edited by ashesatdusk; 2007-05-22 at 04:32. Reason: Manga Spoilers
Old 2007-05-19, 19:19   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Possibilities:

-The manga will end before then.

-We'll get another anime-original arc before the anime catches up(don't ask me how they'll fit it in tho)

-The anime will go a different direction than the manga.

-The anime will start showing manga chapters before the manga shows them(the least likely possibility)

...who knows?
Old 2007-05-19, 22:02   Link #3
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

No it is fine for this Arc

Most like...Another season of Fillers after HM. But it is getting obvious HM arc is apporaching its end. And also you notice how they are expanding out parts of the episodes now. Like showing more of the Renji and Chad Training. I do not recall any of that really in the manga. I think they initial wanted it to move fast...But now going to pace it out a bit more. I would say with just the stuff they have left(And to where they are in the HM arc)...They could easily get another 26episodes if not more from it.

And also to note...You can tell the HM arc is slowly comming to a close. That is probably where the next chuck of fillers will come in at
Old 2007-05-19, 23:51   Link #4
ashesatdusk

though at this point I can't see how they do a filler arc after HM. But good point about renji x Chad training. I hoe though by streching they don't resort to having episodes centering around the antics of plushies, because unfortunately at this point I can see it happening.

However, what makes you so sure HM is coming to an end ?
Old 2007-05-20, 01:51   Link #5
Spike420
AbaraiRenjis doppleganger

Dont worry where due for a plushi/dan (whatever that magic guy was) episode
Old 2007-05-20, 03:40   Link #6
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

I think they could fit a filler arc between Yamamoto's speech and the next... major thingy. As some other members have pointed out, there is an in-continuity one month timeskip between those two.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
Old 2007-05-20, 04:48   Link #7
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

there will be a filler before the entire HM arc ends. The anime is moving way too fast. Not to mention that bleach, unlike other anime, goes at a faster than average pace. Either they fit a filler arc before the guys enter HM, or they fit a concurrent arc hueco mundo arc, with the captains in soul society actually doing somthing. Which is a good thing.
Old 2007-05-20, 05:20   Link #8
epyon96

I find the Japanese business of anime odd. Exactly what is wrong with showing reruns of arcs that are in demand like the Soul Society Arc? It is probably cheaper for them to do. I imagine the return on investment to make new generally inferior quality fillers is simply not there. Just look at the sharp drop in viewership during filler sagas.

I say, follow the North American cartoon model and show popular arcs in reruns in order for the Manga to get far enough ahead. Still generate their advertising revenue as well as retain a bit of viewership without pissing them off during the commonly mishandled filler arcs.

Ironically, I am one of the few that found the Bleach filler arcs tolerable. But, I would have been just as fine with watching reruns of soul society.

Epyon
Old 2007-05-20, 07:26   Link #9
ashesatdusk

>I say, follow the North American cartoon model and show popular arcs in reruns in order for the Manga to get far enough ahead. Still generate their advertising revenue as well as retain a bit of viewership without pissing them off during the commonly mishandled filler arcs.

Likeley theres so much new stuff is out, they can't afford reruns. Theres pressure for ratings, if they do reruns, ratings would drop. Even if theres demand for SS, it wouldn't have the same ratings as new seasons of bleach would, and likely stations would want to run something that might potentially maintain the same ratings.

If there was another arc, I'd like the idea of a concurrent arc to see the SS preperations.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:43   Link #10
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
there will be a filler before the entire HM arc ends. The anime is moving way too fast. Not to mention that bleach, unlike other anime, goes at a faster than average pace. Either they fit a filler arc before the guys enter HM, or they fit a concurrent arc hueco mundo arc, with the captains in soul society actually doing somthing. Which is a good thing.
That would technically count as a filler arc too tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96 View Post
I imagine the return on investment to make new generally inferior quality fillers is simply not there. Just look at the sharp drop in viewership during filler sagas.
There's less viewing it because so many fanboys are too biased aginst those arcs...

Actually I see the manga somehow ending or upgrading to a "Bleach2" status after the HM arc. If Bleach2 comes, they'll prolly throw a few years worth of "fillers" in the anime Either way, more anime additions are likely.
Old 2007-05-20, 15:28   Link #11
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
There's less viewing it because so many fanboys are too biased aginst those arcs...

Actually I see the manga somehow ending or upgrading to a "Bleach2" status after the HM arc. If Bleach2 comes, they'll prolly throw a few years worth of "fillers" in the anime Either way, more anime additions are likely.
Whether it is bias or not, it is quite obvious that fillers do not maintain the ratings. We can just glance at the bleach fansub downloaders to gauge the filler saga popularity. I suspect it has to do with Bleach DVD sales so they do not want to rerun any episode in Japan.

Epyon
Old 2007-05-20, 20:39   Link #12
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Either they are going to stop in a couple of episodes or they have it all planned out . Bleach Anime ran in almost parallel with Bleach Manga during SS arc .

Though I was overjoyed with return to Bleach Manga I too was confuzzled how they will manage to get it right but seeing how they drag episodes I have faith in them .

Probably a move by Studio Peirrot/TvTokyo just to bring in the revenue as they had nothing spectacular debuting on New Year
Old 2007-05-20, 21:17   Link #13
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Whether it is bias or not, it is quite obvious that fillers do not maintain the ratings. We can just glance at the bleach fansub downloaders to gauge the filler saga popularity. I suspect it has to do with Bleach DVD sales so they do not want to rerun any episode in Japan.
Fansubbers=fanboys. Plus they don't make the Bleach anime for the fanboys who criticise something that they pirate for free online. So in essence, most fanboys don't count to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Either they are going to stop in a couple of episodes or they have it all planned out . Bleach Anime ran in almost parallel with Bleach Manga during SS arc .

Though I was overjoyed with return to Bleach Manga I too was confuzzled how they will manage to get it right but seeing how they drag episodes I have faith in them .

Probably a move by Studio Peirrot/TvTokyo just to bring in the revenue as they had nothing spectacular debuting on New Year
Exactly.

They know what they're doing, let's have faith in them
Old 2007-05-20, 22:09   Link #14
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Fansubbers=fanboys. Plus they don't make the Bleach anime for the fanboys who criticise something that they pirate for free online. So in essence, most fanboys don't count to them.
You do realize you missed the point. It was meant as a useful, easy to find proxy, not a replacement. You can use the downloads on fansubbing sites as a gauge of popularity. Of course, if you had easy access to Japanese TV ratings, that would be even more ideal. I looked through official Japan TV ratings in the past and during the filler saga, it took a drastic hit compared with Soul Society.

For Naruto, the hit was even larger.

Epyon
Old 2007-05-20, 22:23   Link #15
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
You do realize you missed the point. It was meant as a useful, easy to find proxy, not a replacement. You can use the downloads on fansubbing sites as a gauge of popularity. Of course, if you had easy access to Japanese TV ratings, that would be even more ideal. I looked through official Japan TV ratings in the past and during the filler saga, it took a drastic hit compared with Soul Society.

For Naruto, the hit was even larger.
You missed my point though

Fanboy opinions are different from mainstream television viewer opinions, especially considering the target audience.
Old 2007-05-20, 23:12   Link #16
ashesatdusk

The guys who download bleach, don't accurately represent a television audience in any shape or form. Someone who is downloading a whole series to begin with, is more than just a casual viewers of bleach. Also the guys downloading fan subs aren't usually japanese or culturally represent a japanese audience. The reason they download it is either a lack of availibility, a strong hatred for dubs, or a lack of patience too wait for series as its released in their country, or there just a pirate. I'm sure a large portion of the Japanese audience represents casual viewers, people who enjoy the show, and watch it as it is released. That audience may or may not have any desire to watch reruns. Of course what effect fillers have on ratings, is all speculation with out the data it self. There is no way to really draw a correlation. Even that does not imply causation.

>Either they are going to stop in a couple of episodes or they have it all planned out . Bleach Anime ran in almost parallel with Bleach Manga during SS arc .

This is interesting, I didn't realize this... I started watching bleach after the filler arc completed. Go figure I had received the Lunar fan subs for 1-32 back in 2004, and didn't bother pickup the series till about march this year.
Old 2007-05-21, 05:23   Link #17
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Either way, fillers are the way to go for bleach. Simply put, reruns wont work given bleach's prime slot. From what i understand of the scene over there, hundreds of anime are vying for bleach's prime slot, and they aren't going to be too happy if you start showing re-runs.
Old 2007-05-21, 08:35   Link #18
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashesatdusk View Post
This is interesting, I didn't realize this... I started watching bleach after the filler arc completed. Go figure I had received the ***** ****** for 1-32 back in 2004, and didn't bother pickup the series till about march this year.
Actually they were almost running in tandem at the end of SS arc . Streching the manga and making it longer they may acheive the same results for the arc in question .

Otherwise they will retort to a new filler arc and hope they use Arrancars instead of some new class ( Dark Ones / Bountu ) . I would be delighted if they used Arturo Plateado ( Bleach Wii: Hakujin Kirameku Rondo ) and developed a plot from that . But alas my plea will fall to deaf ears
Old 2007-05-21, 16:28   Link #19
Opayk
Right Arm of the Giant

Don't you think they'll be using Rantao or Keigo for the next filler, seeing as though we saw them for a reason just after that arc finished?
Old 2007-05-21, 18:36   Link #20
ashesatdusk

>Don't you think they'll be using Rantao or Keigo for the next filler, seeing as though we saw them for a reason just after that arc finished?

I hope not... I don't think there needs to be any more side kick characters, I find Inoue and Ishida annoying as they are... but it looks like it.
Closed Thread